the Rift

Everyone has a secret {open}

Virus Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Virus
Never underestimate me.

The ground was wet with the recent rain, wet droplets hung from trees, and fell to the ground not able to hang on any longer. The mud slippery and squishy in between black hooves. A crimson flash through the morning light. The glint of black to red fading. And the warm sun shining down on a black pelt, soft as velvet. It was Virus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The foal was all grown up, without a family. The ones he had lost... the memory still burning in his mind. The family he had left behind. He would never forget them. But now, he was bigger and tougher. He didn't like picking fights, but if he could fight them he would. Never had a crush, never made anyone laugh. Nothing. His life was nothing. Just a star that was burnt down, staying there. Lonely in the lit up sky. While all the others shine the most he was the dullest. He was never someone's love, or remembrance. He has spoke to many but befriended none. Hopefully in the new land he will.

Trotting through the forest, the blistering heat melting his back to nothingness. The cover of the trees not doing anything to help the heat. The new stallion was searching for a shady spot to rest his legs, for he had been wandering for a while now, and was ready to stop. He needed to find a place to rest. Currently he was waving through the stick-like trees. His voice silent. He eyes wandering. No focus had come over him. For he was lost. Even though he wasn't planning on going anywhere, he was still lost. The pain of a large gash on his left haunch welled up inside him. Until he couldn't stand it any longer.

He had found the best spot to rest, his leg throbbing, sending a stinging pain up his leg. Gritted teeth shown in the sunlight, as Virus tried to hold in the pain. Trying not to screech in agony.

"Talk Talk."
Ooc: My first post! :)
332 Words

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

The sound of hooves in a forest known for it's multitude of strangers was sure to attract attention. Newcomers were rivaled in numbers only by those who sought to procure them to strengthen the numbers of their own herds, to further their own agendas - and the rare few who actually roamed the shaded region in search of someone to help.

Shadow had no illusions on what group she belonged to. It was duty that brought her to the hot, dry forest that suffered beneath the relentless glare of the sun, and perhaps a secret, hidden desire to escape the merciless red desert that she was so ill suited for. She hadn't needed an order to take action, didn't bother the new Sultan with the quickly dwindling numbers of the herd - Midas was surely aware of this already. No, the Shadow was perfectly capable of remedying this slight problem herself, no matter how much she disliked the task of coercing naive strangers to follow and obey.

Violet eyes regarded the gray stallion critically from her perch high up in the canopy. He lacked wings, which was unfortunate, and the horn upon his brow was enough to make the black raven wary. She'd had little good interaction with unicorns, knew only too well how dangerous their sharp spears were; her body carried the marks of them, a long jagged scar under her belly a telltale sign of how close she had been to loose her life.

But, it couldn't be helped. The herd she lived with didn't discriminate between races, and thus it wouldn't do for her to allow the northerners to snatch this one away before she'd had a go at him. With a sigh the little pegasus slipped off the branch and spread her raven wings wide, slowly ascending in tight spirals until hard, solid hooves touched upon the ground. Folding the massive appendages to her sides she tucked away the prize she had taken from the enemy who dared to harm her, hiding the brown, branchlike horn beneath a well-tucked wing; then she approached the gray with unconcerned ease, openly scrutinizing him as she came closer.

"Well met, stranger" she said with a curt nod, cutting the chase before there could be any doubt about why she was there. "You are new in these lands, I presume? I know a place where you can rest and heal your wounds, recuperate and find a purpose. My name is Skuggi, I hail from the Dragon's Throat far south of here where Midas the Gallant rule. What is your name?"

Tact.. for one of her profession it was necessary, but today the blackbird was in no mood for subtleties. She had made her offer; the unnamed stud could either take it or leave it.

Caught a bird and let it go, had a rope and don't you know
When I pulled it down, it settled on the ground
Caught a bird and in a trap, had a lot to give back
When the sun came by you opened up your eyes
image credits

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Unregistered

Virus
Never underestimate me.

Virus was laying there. His mind confused and jumbled in the thoughts of almost dieing out here. Of the heat on the gash, and the loss of blood. The thought hurt his head more. He sensed a presence nearby. His crimson eyes struggled to look around, not finding a thing he left himself to lay there until he died.

But if there was someone there, they would witness his death. A horrible one. But then, out of the haze of a blue sky and sun-bathed trees there came a block of the sun's light. A large raven-like wing sprouted from a dark body, another on the other side, as the creature flapped gracefully down, landing on soft hooves. The mane and tail was scraggly and dark. Violet eyes stared at him in a dark manner, which made his spine quiver all the way through, down to his tail. A mare. Her looks made her look different, and silent as a silent flap of an owl's wing in the night sky. Her Violet eyes ringing through the night like unique stars.

She let the words flow out of her maw her gaze down at him, "well met, stranger". Her words hardly made sense when Virus thought about it for a few moments. Then she spoke again in an unconcerned voice, "You are new in these lands, I presume? I know a place where you can rest and heal your wounds, recuperate and find a purpose. My name is Skuggi, I hail from the Dragon's Throat far south of here where Midas the Gallant rule. What is your name?" The question stung. Inside Virus wanted to get better. So he could walk. Run. But all he did was replied. "Yes, I am new to these lands" his voice low and raspy. "I- my name is Virus" his eyes met hers for a moment his shocked gaze of her appearance lift from it. It turned into a soft one as he felt something dripping from his wound.

Who was Midas? Dragon Throat?

Virus would know soon. Hopefully.

"Talk Talk."
Ooc: Nice post!
344 Words
@[Shadow]

Alina Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Alina
High up in the sky, under the glorious, warm sun she flew; a little dove so white one must squint to avoid being blinded by the rays reflecting on her cremello skin. The sunlight filtered though her silky mane and tail, giving every strand of hair a golden lining. Some might say she was beautiful, but she was a frail little dove with skinny legs and weak shoulders to a slender body lacking in muscles. Most would just call her delicate instead of beautiful, but then again beauty is always in the eye of the beholder and the little dove never seemed to worry herself with thoughts of her own appearance.

She was humming and mused silently at a thought that had popped up in her head just a few moments ago. A big smile rested comfortably on her lips as if her lips had never known a frown. She moved her legs like she was galloping over the skies as she looped and spiraled with the air currents.

She was unaware of the strange horses in the midst of the green, lush forest under her and their feelings towards the warm sun that she herself enjoyed so much. But when the raven mare stirred and circled to the ground her sent rode an upwards draft and reached the pale pink nostrils of the little dove in the sky. The dove stopped the downwards spiral she’d begun and hung still in the heavens. Her white, downy wings were beating the air around her as she raised her upper lip to better examine the scent. Her smile broadened. A pegasus! Her happiness knew no boundaries and she quickly leaned into a sharp dive.

Closing in on the trees she opened her wings and caught a warm draft to begin her careful decent. It was a bit hotter now that she was closer to the ground, but the little dove still liked it. She found an opening between the green crowns of the trees and aimed straight for it. As she sunk beneath the green leaves and needles she began beating her wings with all her might to slow her speed. She landed softly with the golden sun in her back. The blood vessels in her wings became visible because of the background light and every little feather had got a touch of gold. But as soon as her small hooves met the moist ground she folded her wings over her short back and slender sides.

She trotted softly towards the dark pegasus who were her exact opposite in all but gender and height. But then the dove smelled the blood and she saw the grey unicorn lying in the dirt. All words she had planned to say, all the nice greetings, disappeared and instead of introducing herself the little dove bowed her head towards the grey stallion and said: ”Oh you poor thing! Whatever happened to you?” Her emerald eyes were bright with concern and compassion, but on her face a smile still rested - a careful smile, but a smile nonetheless.

ooc; I hope it is ok that I jump in here :)

bg and flower: locolobo.net

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

The wound had weakened him, she could both see and smell the sickness that clung to his skin. It was in the dull gleam of the eyes, in the feeble voice, in the weary breaths. Shadow sighed silently within, cursing her luck for finding an injured horse when she knew little to nothing about injuries and healing. It was not within her range of expertise to treat patients, nor did she have much skill when it came to sooth and support anxious strangers.

She started to nod as his name was revealed to her, but stopped in mid-motion as the sound of wings on air reached her ears. Eyes narrowed as the black raven turned to stare at the white mare that came circling down towards the ground, suspicious yet remaining where she was; were they comrades? It didn't seem like it, even though the concern of the young girl would have suggested otherwise. Perhaps she simply had a gentler heart than the crow, who's chest already had been scarred too deeply to let others too close - especially not strangers who's allegiance she knew nothing of.

Regarding the dove and the unicorn for a moment, Shadow eventually nodded to herself. Why not. She had offered refuge to one; why not to the other as well?
"I know you must be tired" she said as she turned back to Virus, "but this is no place to rest. Too many pass through here, too many predators feast on the ones who are weak or foolish enough to linger. It would be best if you followed me south; we have healers there, and plenty of food and water. You will be welcome, and can stay as long as you like."

"Of course, you are welcome to join as well" she added with a glance towards the pale bird, an afterthought that wasn't quite as sudden as it might seem.

"Come now, on your feet." Without caring about eventual protests she stepped in closer to the dark stallion, her black wing neatly folded against an equally black hide as she tried to make him stand - ready to support him if needed, and motioning to the nameless girl to aid him on the other side.

"Don't worry" she tried to reassure them both, her voice slightly milder than before. "The Dragon's Throat isn't as harsh a place to live as it might sound; they have good hearts there, and you will be most welcome."

Caught a bird and let it go, had a rope and don't you know
When I pulled it down, it settled on the ground
Caught a bird and in a trap, had a lot to give back
When the sun came by you opened up your eyes
image credits

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Unregistered

Virus
Never underestimate me.

The angel landed softly, the veins in pure white wings shone in the sunlight. Then folded to the girl's sides. Soft trotting hoofsteps came closer, the breath drawn out of her she stared at him. The look she gave him was of bow, then spoke. "Oh you poor thing! Whatever happened to you?” Virus wanted to answer but he held back words, for he knew it would only make the pain worse. He glanced up at her glittering emerald eyes, giving her a look of I'm-okay. He didn't want everyone to worry about him.

Then the black mare spoke. "I know you must be tired," she turned her gaze back to him, "But this is no place to rest. Too many pass through here, too many predators feast on the ones who are weak or foolish enough to linger. It would be best if you followed me south; we have healers there, and plenty of food and water. You will be welcome, and can stay as long as you want." Her words made the stallion un tence slightly. He wanted some time to rest and heal. But now, it was obvious he shouldn't have been doing it here.

"Of course you are welcome to join as well." Skuggi said giving a glance to the dove.

Skiggi tried to help im up. The stallion hoisted himself off the ground, his eyes glittered with effort. His sides heaving. The weaker he got the more vulnerable he got. He wouldn't be able to fight off a crow if it had flow down and started pecking him out of the blue. He couldn't even run! He had to go to this place the mare was speaking of.

After a moment she ebony mare spoke. "Don't worry" it seemed to be indicating towards both of them. "The Dragon's Throat is not a harsh place live as it might sound; they have good hearts there, and you will be most welcome." Virus liked her words. 'Welcome' seemed to be the best out of all of them. She kept on saying it. She said they would all welcome him and the dove, he hoped it was true for all of the members.

"Talk Talk."
Ooc: Sorry for the wait! I am lazy.
365 Words

Unregistered

Alina
The grey stallion offered no words to the dove, only a gaze that she didn’t really understand. But as she looked into his crimson eyes she understood one thing at least; he didn’t want to talk about it. She did not push him for an answer, only nodded with a smile and then turned to the raven mare and carefully listened to what she had to say. Dragon’s Throat. Although the name sounded harsh the description the girl heard made her think of a place filled with warmth and kind hearted horses. And maybe she was naïve, but she felt that she could trust this violet eyed raven.

As the little dove positioned herself on the other side of the grey stallion she suddenly remembered that she hadn’t introduced herself. With a broader smile on her pale pink lips she said: ”Oh, I beg your pardon, I seem to have forgotten my manners. I am Alina Josephina of the Hölsheron herd, though I am sure you have not heard of it since I hail from a land far away from here. I have been on the road for most of my life and never really found a place quite this welcoming.” She then lifted her head and tried to catch the black mare’s gaze over Virus’ neck. ”Tell me, Milady, what is the name of these lands?”

Despise the quite serious situation a thought that the three of them must look quite funny, struck the little dove. With the two mares on either side of the stallion they were like a pallet of gray shades; going from black to grey to white. They must look rather fitting together except for the fact that the middle one was a unicorn stallion.

Virus was tall and heavy, but his height made it rather easy for the little dove to give him support; easy in the sense of her shoulder being at the right position to keep him from sliding down. But she was not strong enough to carry more than her own weight for longer periods of time and the journey south would prove to be very hard on her. As for the time being she was most positive and set on helping out the wounded stallion.

[Ooc; Should we say it took them a few days to get down since Alina is not very strong and it is a long journey? I think it would be fun roleplaying out the last leg of the travel, but maybe we can do that in a thread in the Throat and Alina and Virus could get their ranks changed now? What say you? :D

Oh and also; from now on it is Rover who will play Alina because I need to go back to the circus and I won't have time to roleplay. But Rover has helped me with everything anyway so I don't think it will be much different! I had fun as long (short) as it lasted! Take care!]

bg and flower: locolobo.net

Unregistered
@[Shadow]
@[Virus]