the Rift

[PRIVATE] Honoring vows (seele)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

MIDAS
Feeling like a fool for trying. I don't even remember why I've wasted all these tears on you
I stepped from the confined cage that was my home. The broken wall called for attention, called for attendance. It was a personal goal to have it finished before the rising of next Tallsun. Alas, progress thus far had been slow. Said wall stretched beyond, as far out as the eye could see. My gaze trailed the stones only for a moment, then hastily tore toward the distant hills. Feet drove a path across the slopping earth, and sand faded to dry and coarse flora. I met the hot afternoon sun with a twitching grin just barely creasing the corners of my lips, it felt warm and good across my two-toned back.

There had been few reasons to smile of late, but at least one could still enjoy the blessings of a bright morning. Fina called out, she had gone off a little ways ahead to hunt. I approached her location and noted that the orange bird was perched upon earth, talons astride a rather large desert hare. Sharpened beak had already tore most of the flesh from its quarters, I didn’t flinch from the gory sight. She smiled in my mind and jokingly offered me a bite. Grinning back, I firmly counseled a wise nay. Fina shrugged and went about her business of shredding meat into bite size pieces—all the while keeping her flaming feathers free of bloody muck. Nasty business, hunting. I was thankful that our species didn’t have munch on things that had previously carried a heartbeat. .
table by whit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
I had come out to get some air. I could come out to get away from the ever-growing crowd that was joining Eris and I's pack of misfits. I needed breathing room. I needed time to think. Time doesn't come easily. Go back. Go train. Go deploy. Schwere chastised as I continued to gallop back toward the Thistle Meadow.

It was a sense of freedom, the wind in my hair the dirt being kicked up from my feet. I could ignore the voices for the time being even though I felt them pressing up against me, pulling at my hair with the tendrils of wind, and begging for my attention. They wanted to be heard, but I didn't want to listen to their stories. I wanted more of a chance to be alone.

Of course, that didn't seem as though it could happen. The world didn't want me to be alone. It couldn't want me to have a chance to be alone, it couldn't if it had gifted me with the ability to hear all of these voices. Feel. Be calm. It'll all be alright if you allow yourself to feel... Innerste told me and I simply shook my head before coming to a halt not too far from the entrance to the meadow. I settled near a grove of trees, looking out at the painted stag and the fiery bird that was ripping apart a hare.

He looked so familiar. Midas. From the Throat. You met when you had come, that bird gave you that feather in your tail... Innerste explained as the memories slowly came back. Midas, she says. So, I allow my legs to carry me out a bit closer. "Midas." I say, dipping my head in a greeting, "How has the Throat been faring? Everyone well?" I inquire, stopping about ten feet from him, a smile curling up the corner of my lips as the facade of emotions fell swiftly over my frame.

It had become too easy to fake that I could truly feel. Far, far too easy...

353 words
Merp. It sucks |:
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

MIDAS
Feeling like a fool for trying. I don't even remember why I've wasted all these tears on you
Time found me alone, but like so many other opportunities—that rare quiet wasn’t about to last. Nope, it never did; not for me, or for those that crept along hoping for attention. One such mare drifted from the meadow, I glanced her way—both of us observing the other as passively as we liked. She was decked in darker hues, a unicorn lass from the north. Likely she was gauging to see if a conversation was worth starting; moments later the silent decision was made without me so much as twitching. Fina glanced up with disinterest before falling quickly back into the process of shredding the lifeless bunny.

The unicorn temptress strode up with a smile slipping naturally across her delicately posed face and neck bending with patient regard, “Midas.” Her greeting spiked my attention level higher, ebony ears pricked further ahead—an unspoken question flew across my mind before the explanation came flying from her lips. Ah, I thought quietly and eased into a welcoming grin of my own. I hadn’t recognized Seele at first glance, but this was the same lass which had spoken with Kri a few seasons prier—also the exact woman who had come to our aid against the Basin folk. Asylum.

Her concern was met with a graceful nod, “Aye, Seele is it? Dragon’s Throat is fairing as well as it might; your concern is appreciated.” Not from the North then, from the Swamp. Aye, a place unsuitable for our kind to live for long; and retain a mind worth using, “Ye and yours still resides in Spectral Marsh?” When we had first met, it had been at a distance spanned by duty; I knew little to nothing of the girl, or her family.

table by whit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]