[OPEN] Reappearence

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Aaron</style>
World's Edge Glazier
</style>

Hooves thudded into the ground, the TallSun warmth beating upon the young stallion's back. At his side padded a two colored dog, a hellhound. She was ever loyal, no matter what her bonded one decided. Nearby he could hear the movements of his sisters, following him home. They had been traveling, just up and left Helovia without a word. He just couldn't take it anymore, and his sisters just wouldn't let him leave alone. How did they get into this mess? He was supposed to be strong, to be thier protector... Instead he had them all run from the only place they had ever known... to what.... To see if he could find the only other family they had. But no, his father, his blood father was no where to be found and Isilme was truely gone. The dead had taken it over and there was no returning and starting over.

Beaten, he returned. His body had gained a few more small scars, Alanna was more protective in the darkness now than she had been. Now she rewally understood why when the Gods had left he had freaked out. He was just glad that Sakura, Takara, and Azale had done as he had asked. They had stayed and waited on him outside. They were still unharmed. They still did not know...

His eyes were dark, a mixture of self hatered, anger and sadness. What would the herd think... The young Glazier who had run away.... Would they welcome him and his family home? Or would he be forever known as a traitor who ran when the going got to tought to handle?

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Inside her home, the girl rested in the little patch of trees she called her own. It was hot- far too hot to be roaming where the sun could reach her skin. Of course, it could be worse- she could be in the Throat. With a sigh, Kahlua flicked her tail to shoo the flies that buzzed around her. Unfortunately, standing still did not keep them at bay and so the girl forced herself into a walk. As she did so, she thought again of the conversation she had had so recently with Mirage. Will you become my Glazier. It brought a smile to her face. She had finally achieved the power she had longed for. To make matters even better, it seemed that Aaron was gone; or, at the very least, just no longer desiring to work his trade. Mirage had said that the Glaziers were unable to hold their title. Admittedly, she was sad to have Lace go. She desired the stallion's guidance. As for Aaron, she had nothing against the stallion except that he had so rudely called her out in the aftermath of the invasion.

Shaking her head to push the thought away, she moved through the land and lifted her head to see if she could find any familiar faces. For the most part, the forest seemed devoid of life. The heat of the day had everyone hiding, or wallowing in the shadows of a cooler place. That was, until she saw him. Aaron. A small frown passed over her lips, suddenly frightened that he had returned to reclaim his position and wrest it from her hooves. He could not. She had earned it fair and square! And, she was determined to make her position clear. Trotting over to him and then halting before him, the girl nodded her head to both him and his Hellhound in turn.

“You're back,” she managed. Her voice was not the sing-song sound it usually was, but it was not especially cold. “I was looking for you every day,” she said then, almost pouting. It was true. Despite her dislike for the stallion, she had searched endlessly in a vain attempt to get an assignment from him. In her eyes, it was always better to please your superiors; however, in this moment, she was taking joy in the fact that she thought herself his superior. “Mirage made me Glazier.” She did not intentionally say this to rub it in, but she never had been very smart. In her mind, it was imperative he should know. Otherwise, the girl fell rather silent. She wanted to see what he had to say, to see how he reacted to her. Would he still treat her like a child, or could he respect the fact that she had risen in the ranks?

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Azale Moniet Posts: 49
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 3 Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Azale Moniet

"Way to rub it in his face. My voice was a lot harsher than I intended for it to be, but it was true. She came flouncing up here and one of the first things she could say was Mirage made her Glazier? Well good for her. I was not impressed. She looks like shes older than my brother, which means she's older than me... I should show respect but I could care less. Sure it hadn't been the smart choice for us to go look for Aaron's dad.... But he was the only blood family we had left... I don't know my sperm donor... Could care less really. Torasin had been more of a Dad to me than the one who took advantage of Momma. But none of that could help the situation now. I looked to Sakura and Takara, both growing every day. They looked more and more like their parents too. What a group we make, one mother, three different fathers.

I looked concerned to my brother, he had remained quiet as the girl arrived. What a welcome home party... My orange eyes take in ever new scab and scar.... What had those shadow monsters done to him? What had he and Alanna seen that he had not wanted us to know? I knew Isilme had been where many had come from, that there was horrid shadow creatures that killed the living.... But what else had my big brother discovered... He hasn't been the same since we started the trip home. I also worried what Mirage would say for the sudden disappearance... I knew why we went though. Aaron needed closure, and to get away from the place he watched our mother die... The image of her death still haunts him... I think I'm the only one who hears him wake in the night screaming...

"talk talk talk"

[Image: 51535cdaae0d8]
"Oh the things we do for power..."
lines by tamme; coloring by paddeh

Aaron's current silence struck her as annoying. She wanted some recognition for what she had managed in his absence, especially from one who had counted her out so early. After all, if she had proven herself useful then why shouldn't he be proud of her. Hadn't she taken charge when he had been able to? Hadn't she made a wall greater than anything Aaron had ever accomplished? Hadn't she set out to improve herd relations with gifts for the leaders? She had. At least she knew her greatness. At least she knew she deserved what she had. Even if she was not as smart as the others, even if she was not as knowledgeable about the ways of the world, she was not lesser than them. And therefore it was that Kahlua decided to continue disliking Aaron.

Way to rub it in his face, one of the females that had been following Aaron home snapped at her. Kahlua had paid them no mind at first, but now she was forced to. Turning her head, she pursed her lips in confusion. Why couldn't any of them see what good she had done for the herd? “I just wanted him to know who built the wall. Lace stepped down,” she decided upon. However, because the mare always spoke too much, she continued on. “I wanted him to know I am not useless.” Turning to look at him again, her blue eyes tried to meet his own. She was not here for the young mare. As for the foals, she had never been interested in children. If she had been smarter she would have figured out that pouting was no way to prove her point. But she was not smarter, she was Kahlua, so she stood in preparation for a verbal war that she would most certainly lose. After all, could a fool ever win a battle of wits?

Aaron</style>
World's Edge Glazier
</style>

"Azale that's enough." His gaze turned to the sister closest to him in age before turning to the new Glazier. He had never said she was useless, not that he remembered. However she had accomplished what he had failed to do. The wall was up. How she had done it he did not know. "You did well Kahlua. I'm glad someone was able to rally the herd to get the wall up.." After all, he had been so caught up in his own misery that he had not been able to. The trip out of helovia had helped. He seemed to have the closer he wanted. Or at least he had assumed he did. He never found his father's body, but after all it had been years.

The next words surprised him however. Lace had stepped down? Well, no wonder she had become Glazier in his absence. Wold Mirage still have him? As much of a failure as he was? He had much to prove to everyone. This time, he was ready. Beside him Alanna shifted. "You are not useless. You never were." Yeah what could he say, he was trying to be nice. He knew he was harsh before, but he was under to much stress from worry about Azale to the safety of Sakura and Takara. He would not apologize, this was as good as it was going to get. "I look forward to working beside you or as a crafter under you." There he had said it. He didn't know what position he was going to be now. If he was going to be a Glazier still, or down to a crafter again. He also did not know if Mirage or Kahlua would be the one to choose....

Et Spiritus Sancti

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Azale that's enough. At least it wasn't just her that he was a little sharp to. And then his next words, you did well Kahlua. In a moment all her anger at him was gone and it was like he had never called her daft or told her that she had lost her mind. A smile settled onto her face and she practically glowed. She was a vain thing, always happy to hear praise. After all, all she wanted to do was please others. In particular, her leaders, but if she could make Aaron happy it was all the better. As if to accent his point, the stallion spoke again. You are not useless. She was lucky he was not an enemy. Her childish habit of accepting others so easily would surely be her downfall some day.

With his next words, Kahlua's smile faded just slightly. Was he asking her to make a decision, to decide his fate? She frowned for two reasons. One, because she was not accustomed to being in charge of others. She liked the idea, and certainly she was happy to be able to parade around as Glazier, but making decisions was never her strong suit. Two, because she was afraid that her so newly gained position would be wrested from her. Nevermind that she had made the wall, the girl's mind did not work that way. So, instead of answering immediately, she just shifted.

Looking back to Aaron's Azale, just because she didn't know where else to look for the moment, the girl finally returned her gaze to Aaron. At least he was being kind this time. “I'm glad you're back.” It wasn't exactly an answer to his question, her brain still smoked uselessly trying to think of what she would say to him. Finally, she sighed, because she knew she must speak. “I'd be happy to have you alongside of me.” There, she said it. But she said it begrudgingly. Looking to him with confused eyes, her concerns finally came flooding out of her mouth. “I just.... I worked so hard. I don't want to lose my place in the herd.” Her eyes begged him to understand. But perhaps this was all a sign she was too childish to ever hold such a position. She would not accept that.

Aaron</style>
World's Edge Glazier
</style>

His gaze fell again to his sisters who had begun to move off, deeper into thier home. Could they tell thier brother needed to speak to the paint fem alone? Well almost alone as Alanna was almost always at his side and always in his mind. "No one will ever be able to take your place. You did what no one before you has done. You built the wall!" He paused. "Lace and I were trying to design a way, but iwht the deaths of my mother and Torasin we became distracted." He looked her straight in the eyes now. Could she see he was only just a kid in a grown up body? That he did not want all the responsiblity, yet felt he had to have it now? That was what he had figured out by leaving so suddenly after all. He was a kid that just wanted his broken family to be whole. However it was clear that was never going to happen.

Say it Alanna prodded inside his mind. No, why should I? She acted stupid in the middle of the invasion Alanna sighed Say it She persisted. "Look, i'm sorry for being so harsh before. It was a bad time. I was still waiting on Azale to finish her fight..." And I just couldn't bare to lose her too... There he had admitted it. He may not of said it out loud but Alanna still heard him. "I'll be glad and honored to work along side you."

Et Spiritus Sancti

As the younger ones left the area, Kahlua grew slightly more at ease. When she was created by the gods, someone forgot to give the girl mothering instincts. Gods help her should she ever come to bear a foal some day. The poor abandoned thing would certainly have some sort of complex. No one will ever be able to take your place. The stallion's words calmed her, brought her peace that she had been unable to find a few moments ago. She did not know about his mother, or who Torasin was, but she could understand death. Hadn't she been distraught, distracted, terribly inconsolable when Antheia had died? She had, and she still was sometimes when she thought of the girl jumping with such finality from the cliff. Perhaps her and Aaron were not so different after all.

As he looked into her eyes, she smiled. Perhaps first impressions had been wrong, perhaps he was not as cruel and rude as she had imagined him. Look, I'm sorry, was all he had to say before the girl stepped forward, reaching out a nose, trying to touch his shoulder in gentle acceptance of his apology and shared sorrow at his loses. It was all forgotten. The simple girl with her welcoming heart was just happy to have solved their differences. Kahlua did not like fighting, did not like making enemies. If she could make friends of all her enemies she could. And perhaps one day she would win the world over with kindness, though it seemed unlikely. “Come on,” she said then, stepping back and motioning into the woods further. “You'll want to see what's changed since you left!” And with that, she began to walk off into the trees, looking back to be sure Aaron was following.

OOC| Feel free to continue or not, up to you :)