the Rift

Daughter of smoke and bone. [OPEN]

Acantha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Acantha
It's when loneliness burned down what was left of my soul, that I chose to hide in the shadows

Silence bound the leaf ridden forest, as not even a song bird offered it's voice to the wind. The sun was beginning to sink behind a dense sheet of clouds, their bellies swollen with rain. Though the forest darkened into a hazy bog, the sky promoted an extravagant array of hues blanketing the surrounding air. Thunder rolled loudly in the distance, as an occasional crack of lighting highlighted the bark of the surrounding woodland. The trees loomed over her head ominously, their branches heavily cloaked in leaves. Confident, but yet careful strides broke the silence as Acantha carried her head rather low and sluggish. Pale electric blue pools peered around every corner, scanning the blackened timberland. As the sun began to sink ever lower beneath the horizon, Acantha felt herself commencing into a more relaxed state of mind. The darkness was her companion. Her only companion. As sad and depressing as it may sound, she had always been a solitary soul. Crowds never interested her, nor did a significant other sound remotely appealing.

Inhaling sharply, the bay sabino mare halted. Elegantly carved ears swiveled in the directions of the wind, listening for any unknown sounds. She was usually never this aware, but the scent of equine reeked in this particular area. Hoofprints scattered the earth below her in many different shapes and sizes. Why had so many horses come and gone? She had never detected so many scents at once in her entire existence. Coating her mouth with any remaining saliva, she continued to march assuredly through the bush. Thirst tugged at her throat with every breath. Muscles rippled with each step, as her lithe feminine frame slipped through the narrow pathways of bush with ease. Despite her vivid color, Acantha kept her edge with a swift hand. She was convinced that she must constantly travel, i guess it's one of her ways of escaping her reality.

Ebony tassels caught and snapped in the lower hanging vines which only annoyed Acantha as she abruptly snatched her neck downwards to free her pitch colored mane from the gnarling plants. The area she ventured into seemed to be more isolated as the ambiance of the forest didn't scream equine nearly as much. Suddenly, a hopeful grin spread across the mares velveteen lips as running water could be heard ahead. Breaking into a brisk trot, she pushed through the dense brush, fighting the prickly thorns as they stabbed her sensitive sides and neck. She felt as though she was making quite a ruckus of herself before finally emerging from the ensnaring briers. She hoped she didn't alert anyone nearby that might have taken a drink to quench their thirst. The translucent water trickled from a trivial stream, eventually forming into a small insignificant pool. It wasn't much, but it would satisfy her ever hungry thirst. Dipping her maw into the cool water, she parted her lips only to gorge her acrid throat with the chilled liquid. Drops of rain began to hit the water in front of her muzzle before the droplets began to gently thump her spine.

(i do apologize for how horrible this is, i have been out of the whole rp business for a while so i'm a bit rusty. :3)

[Image: 2lsjej8.png]

Image Credits

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
 Levi</style>

Nimbus coloring bled across the nebulous skies. An occasional thunder echoed in the distance and shook the soft earth beneath his hooves with a flash of lightning following in its footsteps. They lit vibrantly, but momentarily, behind thick grey clouds. It was a hazy, dreary day, but the silver grullo was still determined search through the Threshold to see if anyone would like shelter and comfort of a real home.

The pitter-patter of rain began to fall. A soft hissss fell in the background, a comforting sound as the rain quenched the earth. Levi could not fly on this particular day because his wings were too heavy, full and heavy from the rain. The droplets drenched his mane, tail and body. It looked as though his body sobbed with tears because he was so drenched in the soft rain. Even though this day was not so brilliant, he seemed to stand out. The green forest seemed to be alive from the gift of rain as he walked across, searching. His silver coloring was a bit darker from the rain, but because of the green he looked handsome as he seemed to stand out from the green background.

Soon enough silver orbs spot a figure. Her dark bay coloring stood out as well. She seemed to be alone and cautiously Levi walked towards her. He noticed something unique about her. She not only had horns coming from the top of her head, she had a horn right in the middle of her muzzle. Levi had never seen such a unique thing. To him, this was cool and he liked the way her horn lay upon her head and muzzle. “Madam,” He called with honey coated vocal across the Threshold, “My name is Levi, might I interest you in shelter?” His words were kind and he offered a generous smile, hoping that she would want to get out of this stirring typhoon.

"blah blah blah."

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
L E N A
Look like the innocent flower,
But be the serpent under it.

Light, airy steps, hushed fairy queen, emboldened the touch, the ambience, of her daily ritual. Dipping into the Threshold, sweeping and turning over the haunting eaves, the poignant leaves, the brushstrokes of the unfamiliar, the plain, ivory canvases of stories untouched, littered, scarred and scattered. Black clouds wore blemishes upon brighter days, filtering, flickering, running over the remnants of petalsoft embellishments, sculpted and molded sectors of myths, legends, stanzas and lyrics of the unknown, somber, whimsical, weary and listless. She followed the trace, the sketch, the outlines of all these sagas and fables, contemplated the archaic blend of their truths, of their ambitions and aspirations, bending and wavering over the lines they painted and composed. Even when the rain joined the dots and patterns, the portraits and pieces, the nymph calculated their essence, their efforts, their raw elegance and effervescence, smiled as each bead collided and cascaded in ambient rivulets. Another stream guided her towards the waiting opulence of another traveler, and as she unfolded into the depths of brooks, suddenly awakened by the joy, the reverie, the rapture of the sky releasing its brethren, she noted the appearance of the stranger. Horned, a sword in arms and curled, like rams of old, battling and embarking down clifftops, mountainsides and peaks (wouldn’t that be a perfect accompaniment to the layers of their icicle valleys, intricate pathways of rock, rubble and stone?), dyed two different strands – and then one more, spotted in the midst of groves and copses. She didn’t recognize the winged beast, but he appeared to have traversed these same lands many a time; perhaps he enjoyed the art of recruiting as well, meeting new faces, developing bonds and friendships while establishing the strength, diligence and valor of one’s herd. She extended a smile to both, warm, bright candor in the hazy, misty contortions of the day, addressing in a blessed, honeyed tone, mellifluous, melodic, harmony in the illustrious webs of uncertainty. “Welcome to Helovia. I’m Lena of the Aurora Basin.” Queries pressed against her mind, blossoming, blooming interest that flowed and curved over the ambience and embrace of her curious cranium, developing and enveloping into the flow of her beatific vocals. “Who are you, and what do you seek here?” Shelter? Sanctuary? Sanctum? A world beyond former terrain? Or something else, dipping and twirling into the mysterious, enigmatic requiems of the runed palisades and palaces before her?

Acantha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Acantha
It's when loneliness burned down what was left of my soul, that I chose to hide in the shadows

The blackness had completely captivated the woodland as sister moon began to show her bright inviting face through the somber clouds. The thoughts of leaving had almost seemed to disintegrate as Acantha finished her soothing drink, quenching her barren dehydrated larynx. A tranquil breeze gently blew through the leaves, causing a soft hush to linger around the mare. The moons dazzling rays created a lit pathway from the wind shaken canopy, almost calling her to follow. The newfangled surroundings caused a scrutinizing feeling to twist in her gut. She had always been a bit curious, but why was this foreign place so intriguing? Must she move on? Spending the night here would be quite convenient judging by the clean water source and over hanging trees, which offered some cover against the rainfall. She didn't mind the rain, nor the cold. In fact, she was quite accustomed to the bleak bitter conditions of the glacial weather.

The rain began to thicken as the thunder trundled loudly in the distance. She felt quite venerable as she could barely hear anything or anyone around her. The rainfall masked any scent or any sounds that might be lurking. Though she was far from being paranoid or frightened. The placid summer breeze blew eerily through the mare's ebony tassels, intertwining with her forelock. Though the drops of rain felt gracious along her back, she was beginning to feel the need to sleep. Acantha found herself traveling more than she should, or would enjoy. Fatigue was obvious when she stood as her legs twitched under her weight. Perhaps a nearby cave would suit her longing.

Suddenly, an abrupt crunch of a twig under shier weight sent Acantha spinning round swiftly only to meet the gaze of a creature she had only dreamed of. A pegasus. It was a stallion, this was apparent judging by the muscle tone clasping his hide. A pair of immense avian wings protruded from his wide set shoulders, almost seeming to match his steel grey pelt. This made the stallion appear larger, but in reality, he exceeded her stature by only a few mere inches. His coloring almost seemed to glow perfectly against the grays coating the forest. His tender tone of voice sent her shocking pale gaze to meet his. "Madam. Might i interest you in shelter?" Shelter? Who did he think he was? Isn't that what all stallions wanted, to coax a mare into sex. Sure he might be a handsome fellow in her eyes, but who was he to gain her trust so quickly. Many might have reacted differently, but Acantha wasn't the best at socializing. Flattening her ears tightly against her skull, a menacing glare was brought to the stallions presence. "Oh, So you can have your way with me? I don't think so." With a vulgar stomp of her hoof, her tail snapped against her sides in an irritating manner. Before another accusation could be blurted out from the mare's lips, another scent caught her attention. Yet another horse appeared from the brush, only this one was crowned with an elegant horn atop of it's head. Her appearance screamed female, as her dark bay coat glistened under the moonlight. She seemed a bit reserved and not as friendly as the other pegasus stallion before her. though she was a bit demanding in her speech.

"Welcome to Helovia. I am Lena of the Aurora Basin. Who are you, and what do you seek here?" Who do these pests think they are? Barging into anothers personal life and actions. Helovia must have been the label of this land. Scars coated Acantha's hide mainly nearing the flanks and neck. She was a warrior, designed for battle. Perhaps this herd 'thing' could be used to her best advantages and abilities. Well if that is what they were aiming towards. The tension began to loosen in her ears and teeth as her visage began to return to it's normal relaxed position. With that, she parted her lips to speak with a bit raspy, but soft tone of voice. "Lena." she said simply, bobbing her head in the direction of the fellow mare in a brief greeting. "I am Acantha of the saxony mountains."
She turned her head in the direction of the stallion with a wicked, wayward gaze.

OOC: Ah this is SO long and rambly. Sorry yall!

[Image: 2lsjej8.png]

Image Credits

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
Levi

Silver orbs watched as the horned fae came towards him, but only a few inches. Her chocolate, velvet coat seemed to shimmer from the illuminating warmth of the moon goddess’s presence. His figure as well came towards her, just a few inches so he could talk to her. The rain fell from the nebulous skies harder and Levi was becoming a bit colder for he was used to the comforting heat of the Throat. Ears heard the ringing of her voice, but it was something he had never heard before. Ears pinned back himself, but more in a confused manner. The silver did not know whether he should laugh or be upset. Levi just stood there, mouth gaped open in confusion. What was her problem? Why would she every say that? Of course he did not want to “have his way with her” that was be so disrespectful and against every single one of his morals. Yes, Levi actually had morals, unlike many other stallions who would just want their way with her. Although he could not blame her because she did not know him, or possibly anyone here for that manner, he snorted in annoyance and followed her to where another horned fae was.

He hated that god awful glare she kept sending him, but what should he do? Should he give her a glare back? Yeah maybe that was how she liked it. Harsh. She responded to the one who called herself Lena and she was a bit cold toned. Well then maybe he should be more… uh… arrogant? This was the first time Levi had no idea in how to act around others. His ears were still pinned from annoyance, but he decided to laugh it off and continue to try and recruit her to the Throat.

The sharp smell of the Basin filled his nostrils as he walked towards the duo. He gave an irritated head shake to try and get that smell out of his nostrils. It just made him think of too many things; For example, the invasion. The Basin had invaded his lovely home, for no reason, and tried to take over their land. However, they did not succeed because the Throat was stronger. They would never let them take over. Then it made him think of his friend Faelene and how he could like someone from the Basin if they actually gave him respect. Most of the souls there, however, were cold and racist. He would not be surprised if this Lena of the Basin would eat him alive, for he was a pagasi and apparently “not the superior race as a unicorn”

“Um… miss I am truly sorry if I came off in the wrong way. I’m absolutely not like that. By shelter I meant a home.” He tried to emphasize home to show her that he was only trying to recruit her. “Like Lena of the Basin, I was wondering if you wanted to come to my home called the Dragon’s Throat. We are located near Helovia’s heart, which is the center of Helovia, so we are placed in the desert area. We have great resources, such as shelter, food and water, and lovely members who are friendly and welcoming.” Levi looked at her with almost a smirk and then to Lena with a slight nod of his head even though he did not like the Basin, she could be nice and she was not giving him a problem, so why should he care?

“And if you decide to come to the Throat with me, if you are interested, we could offer you a rank if you would like to work for the Throat.” His voice was kind, but he stepped backwards so that she did no see him as a threat. “No pressure at all… I will leave if you wish me too.”

"Talk talk talk."

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
L E N A
Look like the innocent flower,
But be the serpent under it.

Each Threshold venture was a new escapade and uncertainty, from daunting, terrible intrigues, to the unfurling, unwinding, uncurling venues and veils of mysteries, enigmas, madness and concern, twisting and coiling, convoluting, into principles, niceties. Brewing within these depths was another primrose path altogether, brandished in scorn, in derision, in cruel, callous armaments that neither, from what the nymph had seen, unleashed upon the newcomer. Particles and remnants of history collided with the present, clashed, burned and smoldered, and the sylph was suddenly witness to anomalies and oddities, eyes widened to capture, to ensnare the feverish turn and toil of ancient turbulence billowing, flowing in a zealous, curt edge. Had they done something to anger the mare? To bristle and deceive? Had her memories prevailed, and couldn’t be rendered anew in the daunting precipice of this land before her? Did she presume them beasts, vermin, monsters from the dark alleys, from the shadowy, nocturne shades, from the pressing, Stygian gullies? For a few moments, the songbird said nothing, remained motionless and fixated, composed and calm, attempting to piece together the situation into a formidable stance, into staunch, valorous, honorable intentions. Instead of molding an invitation, for it seemed more pressing matters haunted the terse vixen, Lena, dulcet, beatific and melodic, drummed a harmony, deep in the soothing raptures of her throat, into the ducts and webs of her silken tones, until they vibrated and cast a peaceful, poet laureate stanza, satin and smooth, existing, drifting, in the essence and elegance of repose. Perhaps through enchantments, through invocations, through grace and radiance, safety and sanctum, this Acantha of the Saxony Mountains, could be appeased, be assuaged, relaxed and tranquil.

Only after the song sprung from her lips, hummed and vibrated, danced and waltzed, did she trace a smile back along her mouth, curved a gentle, winsome grin. “You will find no danger from us, Acantha.” The Pegasus, from the sandy dunes, from a world they’d pressed upon and failed to consume, seemed considerate, compassionate, and so she obliged the notion with words – actions were eloquence, and she hadn’t seen any proof of any assumed violence. She inclined her cranium back towards the belle, tilting, curious, inquisitive again. What did this soul want from the world? What spurned her forward? What drove her onward, from the depths of desecration, from the mauling, toiling turbulence of her former life, from the blunt edge of her words to the chaotic raptures of Helovia? Would the land of Auroras, should she want, crave, yearn for sanctuary, be the right place for her? “If you desire a home, I can offer you the Aurora Basin. We contain wondrous peaks and valleys, a network of caverns, hot springs, and the brilliance of a never-freezing lake.” Honeyed, sweet, tender and welcoming, her heart swelled for the notion of taking Acantha from the war-torn scars, the labyrinths of bedlam yesteryears, and applying resilience, morality, soothing the serrated edges.