the Rift

Curiosity and a creek

Celebi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The redwoods dwarfed her. Beside the great mahogany trunks the fleabitten grey was a mere speck just like the many shifting hues on her own coat and it was a marvel to behold for even this traveler. Her head was lifted to the high heavens and her yellow-green eyes sought the sky above between the few yet mighty gaps in the canopy, delighting in the warm embrace of the sun on her hide when she hit the light despite the humid air hugging all around her. Alone, Celebi entertained herself by playing a game made at a moments notice and leapt gingerly with lighthearted bucks now and again over any dappled patch of soil before her, creating a beat and a dance to which she daned to accompany with a little tune.

" And in the wood my shadow did play beside, flighty and swift in the grounds about, ever so keen to come back to me..."

The forest seemed to lean in all around the mare, soaking up all the sound as if to keep her a secret from the outside in a maze of creeks and trees, though Celebi couldn't be made to spare a worry. Lost was not a concept she kept to and thus never was, for when there was no home or determined destination to find, how could one be lost? Instead, there was only places to find and Celebi was quite happy to have found this place, wherever it was. The redwoods were a treat and the oaks a fascinating sight and the sun was more lively and bright here as she had ever seen before, almost as if it had a life of its own. There was a vibe to this place that Celebi could not name but could feel all the same in her bones, and her bones never lied, not once. Strangeness electrified the very air here and in the mares head she could nearly swear that there was a voice that whispered " Come away and see...come and see." It excited her mind though sadly it did not ward her of her mortal needs.

The sound of flowing water grew as Celebi neared a creek, prompting the mare to slow to a walk and quit her leaping for the time being to quench her growing thirst. Even in the shade of the giant wood the heat still played its part on the fleabitten mare and she knew better then to test her strength in this unfamiliar land or risk misfortune. She gingerly picked her way down into the waters and wade in till her hooves were submerged before taking her sup of the cool waters. The taste of the liquid was sweet, almost minty, soothing the temper of her craving throat and taking off the edge of the heat on her body as she splashed some of the icy water to her withers and flank, effectively taking a bird bath and not really paying attention to everything around her.

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I had a dream I stood beneath an orange sky.</style>

Solace had returned to the familiar sights of the Threshold, his mood was pleasant. As was typical when he wandered through the entrance to Helovia, a loud song escaped from his lips. His deep baritone voice rang throughout his surroundings, accompanying the few birds that sang around him. The song he sang was an ancient epic, telling of love, a war, the cliché plot of such a song.

His ears caught the song of another. Slowly he walked toward the sound. A unique looking mare was bathing herself in the creek. Solace suddenly longed for the waterfall back home, bathing in its cool waters sounded simply splendid within that moment, then he realized he could join the mare in her bathing.

Solace approached slowly, and first lowered his head and slurped up several mouthfuls of water, before stepping into the water. It felt good against his sweat covered legs. Again he lowered his face and consumed more water before he finally decided to speak.

“I am Solace of the Windtossed Foothills,” He said cordially, “Welcome to Helovia, I apologize for m abrupt entrance, the sun’s heat got the better of me and I needed to refresh myself.” He offered her a smile. This mare had appeared from a distance a joyful creature, and he hoped that his assumptions of her were correct. Part of him felt a bit awkward for simply just approaching without a word at first, but there was nothing he could to undo what had been done. All there was to do now watch the mare for a bit, and then see if she was the type to fit in his home of the Foothills.

Image Credits

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
L E N A
Look like the innocent flower,
But be the serpent under it.

Fox and belle swept into the grounds on a whisper of leaves, a lilting, singsong hum gliding upon a cordial expanse, exploring, searching, brandishing silent inquiries into the avenues, corridors and parlors of the Threshold. An endless journey of restoration, renewal and restoration pulsed amongst the flow of their eloquence, their elegance, their refinery, inspiring, invoking the petalsoft delicacies of their motions, of their movements, until they were a swift, blossoming pair of fronds and flowers along the wind, following the pathway of strangers. Along each trail, the nymph wondered, pondered, over the serenity, over the sin, of those embarking along their first journey into Helovia; were they trapped and decayed, lost to the winsome disregard of former years? Were they quiet, solemn, haunting creatures, slinking and slithering across one courtyard to another, stealing the shadows and threading them through their hearts? Were they woebegone, miserable foes, basking in the limelight of newfound stories and companions to terrorize and pursue? Or were they gentle, wonderful, streamlined, staunch guardians of hearts, minds and souls? And who, after all their traveling had ceased, would they meet upon the gates of purgatory; divinity and iniquity crawling and guiding?

The gentle lull, the heavenly babble, beguiled Imogen and Lena to follow the creek’s watery lane, tracing over the wavering embankment, the toiling ripples and the steadfast rocks. The splendor of its coolness was an enticing deliverance, but she had no time to soak or play in its chilling enchantments. The silly kitsune decided she did, and wafted and played amongst the stream’s shallow, specious ends, splashing until Lena had ventured further along its aperture, shaking and swaying her pale tails until the dewy droplets had cascaded around them. The sylph didn’t have to explore the regions of the Threshold for much longer, for as they wandered amongst the brook, the appearance of another, an ivory femme soaking in the rivulet (horned, bearing a sword and shield for many follies to bear), and a stag, seemingly from the Foothills (as he made apparent by speech) joining her. From the edge of the rushing opulence, Lena extended her own greetings, a respectful nod to each creature, and curiosity unfolded, incited into hushed inquiry all over again. “A wonderful day to enjoy what nature has to offer.” Her lips turned into a wholesome, honeyed smile, genuine and veritable, continuing into the depth of shadows, glades and rivers. “I’m Lena of the Aurora Basin,” she paused to address the fox chirping at her hooves, “and this is Imogen. Who are you?” A tilt of the head, and interest expanded into words. “What brings you to Helovia, besides enjoying its splendors?” A wink followed thereafter, and ears twisted, eager for the answer. For a home? For a journey? For crusades and wonders?

Unregistered
In the quiet of the quiet of the wood it was impossible not to hear the footsteps of another, thus breaking the fleabitten's little game of drawing shapes on the surface with one onyx horn for a moment as she took notice of the arriving figure. Some part of her was surprised, even irked, at having her privet world stumbled into so arbitrary but at the same time her curiosity was invigorated at the prospect of having a new subject to tinker over, negating the aforementioned slights. Still, the mare made no effort to welcome the newcomer or even acknowledge his presence (a chance glance gave her that information), going as far as to turn a quarter away as if somehow that would act as a privacy wall between them. The fleabit was perfectly content with leaving the stallion to his own devices

The only thing she gave in turn was the spying and evanescent glances of her yellow-green gaze between damp and fallen locks. When the stallion made only to sup from the waters Celebi was again surprised. Was he not going to speak to her? Most would at least offer a greeting but mare was not offended, oh no. It was merely an observation. Shrugging inwardly Celebi made to return to her bathing routine when the voice of the stranger caught her attention again.

Oh, so now the fun begins.

Something about Solace's apology made the mare's lips curl at the corners. "No need to apologize for what is necessary ." She said casually, shrugging. As she said that Celebi noticed beyond Solace yet another figure approaching, trailed by what seemed a fox with many tails. At that the mare tilted her head, curious. When the bay mare offered a brief nod of greeting to her and Solace the fleabitten mare returned the favor habitually, reminded of the practices of her homeland.

" The Goddess provides." She replied in answer of Lena's opening statement. She also noted that Lena introduced herself the same as Solace did, save that Lena's claimed to be part of the Aurora Basin. Was there significance in these titles? And Imogen, what an unusual fox. Celebi sensed there was a story behind that tailed beast...but one best saved for later, she decided. There were other matter first that must be dealt with.

Swatting a few unwelcome pests from her flanks Celebi donned a thoughtful expression on her maw. " Hmmm, nothing really. I followed the winds and followed the suns, crossed over the hills and sought shelter in the trees when the heat was starting to get heavy...leading me...here." Speaking, Celebi began to slowly walk in a loop, accenting every other word with a splashing stomp, finishing with a curt nod. " Not very exciting is it? I was always told I was a bad storyteller." she added, throwing out a sheepish smile. " Oh, and as for my name...you can call me...Lebi." In truth her name was Celebi but it was both a habit and custom not to give her true name to just anyone. In her homeland there was a belief that one's true name held power over the indivule and thus was consider sacred. The only ones who would know it were the bearer, dam, and the bearer's mate, along with anyone whom the bearer trusted most highly. While Celebi wasn't entirely sold on the concept she still held her name in high regard, as something precious to her. Having just met Solace and Lena Celebi saw no reason to reveal it. Besides, what they didn't know wouldn't harm them.

((OOC: Sorry for the wait))
@[Solace] @[Lena]

Adoptable

Before Solace knew it, a mare arrived. He looked over at her, and offered a dip of his head in response. When she introduced herself, part of him wanted to snort. The Basin wasn’t held in high esteem, in fact, Solace partially blamed the group for the fall of the Foothills. Their racism and hunger for power led to the downfall of his own home. All the negative feelings swirling through his mind weren’t visible on his face, but in the slightest subtle twitch here and there.

The newcomer had responded to Solace, and he merely offered her a smile. At least she hadn’t been bothered by his awkward appearance. Then she provided to speak once more, she mentioned a goddess. Which goddess had she spoken of? The only one Solace knew of was the moon goddess, but then again each land had their own deities that watched and ruled over them. Solace had never been the religious type, so he never put much thought in to the control of god’s, for the most part he believed them to be distant things.

The newcomer spoke a tale, and Solace found himself intrigued by the small storyteller. Whoever had told her she was a bad storyteller were quite clearly fools, for this mare clearly had some gift at it. Unlike himself, his stories were typically just formed from complete and utter rambling and nonsense. And then, she gave her name. Lebi, quite an interesting name, one he had honestly never heard before.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Lebi,” Solace said dipping his head once again. Now was the time to state his purpose for coming here. “If you’re interested Lebi, the place I hail from is a herd, and I came here to invite you to it. We are a family that is loyal to one another, and we accept everyone who chooses to join our family.” If there was one thing he knew the Basin couldn’t provide, it was acceptance of everyone. They were far too consumed with their superiority and bloodlust. Solace wasn’t the type to be passive-aggressive, or to stir up conflict, and he held no ill-regards toward Lena, but this mare seemed far to peaceful to live amongst those bigots in the mountains. “I am also willing to simply give information should you find a solitary life more to your liking. His words were genuine, and e saw no reason to leave her to fend for herself, even if she didn’t desire to join the Foothills.

Image Credits

L E N A

The nymph took note, listened, and captured the enticing traversing of strangers, pondered over their tales, their triumphs, their tribulations and trials. If she was a master storyteller, she’d learn to weave their words and phrases into magnificent works of art, cast them into stone and marble, thread them through petals and leaves, swinging, winding lanes of primrose and lavender, compose songs and lyrics to anoint all the precious benedictions. At one time, she might have followed the winds instead of her nomadic farces, where the coursing of her stream, of her rivulet, ended at hollowed lanes and doubled-back over old mysteries, enigmas and horrors, scorching, flailing, smoldering bits of yesteryear resurfaced. She remembered breathing in the serene breeze, dancing in the sun’s rays, bursting into the runes of the Threshold, meeting knights and goddesses and divine, virtuous plumes, before the earth churned and turned, made her alter, change, into the composed whimsy of some reserved creature. But her voice echoed over the repose, over the atmosphere, over the nefarious armaments haunting her memories, chiming in carillon tones, a bell and a hymn. “It sounds delightful, Lebi.” Lena, and Imogen alike, enjoyed the crooning narrator, with her steps escalating amongst the brook, adding details, characters, and enlightenment to an epic of Gypsy affairs. Only after the Foothills stag had extended his invitation did the sylph become rendered back into the form of recruiting, too elated and diverted by the fanciful foibles of another. Imogen chirped, perhaps content that her companion had finally managed to distract herself from the latest, scarring events, and Lena followed with her own lush convictions, warm, tender sentiments pulsing, pervading, in a singsong conjecture, composition and opus. “It would be my pleasure to offer you a home within the Aurora Basin. We offer many different resources and shelter, including beautiful peaks, valleys, caves and a lake that never freezes.” A smile followed, bright, jubilant, radiant, the aching, yearning, enchanting desire to help restore and rejuvenate her icy land culminating and combining into an earnest, silent plea for others to follow her, to consider the might, the beauty, of a glacial empire, of a frosty kingdom.

Unregistered

Celebi
Making echos in a vacant space, hoping for a call back

The flecked mare's maw curled into a smile at Lena's praise of her little tale and took pleasure in the thought that Solace enjoyed it as well. Even the fox Imogen appeared to agree. It made her so elated that she gave a tiny hop to accompany her grin and show her thanks, though it quickly tempered off to a drifty but thoughtful mask as the offers from both Solace and Lena hummed into her ears. Celebi tilted her head to the side, like a spying owl then, pondering. A home in the Foothills? A home in the Aurora Basin?

In answer the mare smiled warmly, chuckling some. " That's kind, but I'm already home." The tone of her voice was light and sincere. It did not occur to Celebi that a lone unicorn was something of an oddity, that herds were the natural order of things. Of course she had been born into a herd but she had grown up in the ways of the Wild Plains, were bands and loners crawled about the vastness of the land and knew no boundaries or rules for that matter.

" The world is my roost," she explained,perhaps sensing a potential for puzzlement, lifting her muzzle to gesture vaguely at all of the encompassing surroundings. " I belong wherever I trend. That is the rule of the Free. It is irrefutable." At that she gave a quick and slight but reverent kneel with a left foreleg at her retelling of the rule, for it was owed. Oddly though, a sliver of worry made itself known to Celebi in that same moment, under the gaze of the bay mare and charcoal stallion. Something about there insistence of their homes made her wonder. And before, Celebi did not fail to notice the slight disturbance Solace had made at the Basin mare's arrival. Was there something untold here that she should know? Whatever the matter the stallion seemed keen on departing knowledge upon the fleabit and Celebi felt no reason to decline, for she did have her curiosities about this...Helovia, was it?

Still, regardless, a question begged to asked first.

" Do depart upon me worldly tales of your fantastic lands, by my rights as a traveler it is owed to me to know what lies underfoot... but first.." She paused, letting her thoughts gather before continuing."...Do tell me though why you, Lena, don a horn and you, Solace, do not?" It was an honest question and meant with good intentions. Celebi had never encountered someone hornless before and so it was bizarre to the wandering mare, a fact that was perhaps due to her sheltered and distant life. Her yellow-green eyes regarded Solace softly, inquisitively, as if trying to spot a horn hidden in his thick forelock. "Did you break yours? It's alright if you did. It's not that embarrassing."

"blah blah blah."

@[Lena] @[Solace]

Adoptable

Solace listened respectfully as Lena spoke of her own home, and offered an invitation to Lebi. Despite what he had heard of this cold place, Lena didn’t seem as malicious or cruel as the stories he had heard of the Basin. It didn’t mean this mare wasn’t racist though, it didn’t mean she looked down upon him for his lack of a horn. How one could deem one lesser for having or not having something was beyond Solace’s comprehension. One way or another, there was a single thing that made someone a good creature, and that was their heart. Not the wings upon their back, or the horn crowning their head. Within the Basin could most definitely be delightful creatures, and Lena could be one, but Solace couldn’t get himself to pardon what that Basin had done to lead his family into destruction.

Lebi spoke again, she seemed to have decided to decline both offers, and after elaborating her reason, she offered the two of them. Solace wasn’t entirely sure what to do in response, so he simply gave a deep head bow in response. “I can understand and respect your decision.” He offered the mare a smile, his tone completely genuine. “I hope you have safe and blessed wanderings within Helovia.”

Lebi spoke once again, this time she aimed a question toward Solace. It took him far off guard and for moment he had no idea what to say. Had this mare never encountered an equine before? He supposed that some would never see beyond their own kind. A good-natured chuckle escaped from Solace’s lips as the question finally settled in.

“I was merely born without one,” Solace explained, “I am what is called an equine. There are also pegasi within this land. They are beings with magnificent wings.” Part of him envied those that could fly, and mentioning pegasi made is thoughts drift to Cantante, wherever she was, he hoped that she was faring well and happy despite his failure at protecting her. This time though, he would ensure Lebi had full knowledge of the land before she wandered in.

“I guess race is a good place to start for an explanation of the herds. The Dragon’s Throat is a place to the south, it is where pegasi primarily reside. Then there is the Aurora’s Basin in the north, that herd is composed entirely of unicorns.” Solace glanced over at the mare, and paused to see if the mare had any desire to elaborate, but after a long paused resumed speaking. “Then there is the Foothills, which is in northeast, which is compiled of every species. Finally, there is the World’s Edge, which is in the northwest, which is compiled of every species.” He took a deep breath after his explanation of the herds, he waited for a moment or two before continuing, hoping he wasn’t overwhelming he mare.

“There are the Wilds though, where many outcasts and bands wander,” Solace said, “And then four gods rule over this land. Father Earth, then there is the moon goddess, sun god, and the god of time.” He was most likely overwhelming the poor mare, but he knew it would probably be better to give it all at once so then she could move on quickly. “There are also those bonded with companions, but I know little on the bond, so I cannot provide any knowledge on that.” The whole concept of bonding was still relatively foreign to him, but it was a growing norm.

He fell silent and partially wondered if Lena would elaborate on the concept of bonded, especially since she herself had a companion at her side.

Image Credits

L E N A

The sylph tried not to convey the rancorous flush of disappointment as the mare’s vocals flowed like water, breathy, heady, lilting and haunting, another traveler poised to wander the earth until they’d found their beloved, destined place, not ready to settle, not eager to choose. How long had it been since she’d led another into the glacial palisade, renewed the tiny snippets and pieces of the frosty valley, of the chilling expanse, of the glittering fragments and cordial icicles, rime and snow dancing on lashes and embracing the glamor, the opulence, the splendor of rebirth? Each step she took was seemingly sullied, ineffectual, worthless, and the biting regret fueled the latent chambers of failure and turbulence, storms instead of flowers, melancholy instead of wholesome, lively petals. Fortitude remained, clear, bright, lively, but the inward turmoil bubbled, frothed and brewed, brimmed until she felt full of all the collapses, defeats and floundering threads and strands; an eternal timepiece whittling away at whatever triumphs and conquests they’d once glimmered from behind Siberian veils. However, the stranger, Lebi, was not to blame, and the singsong nymph would never muster such sentiments – she understood the need, the yearning, the craving for unknown compositions and enchantments, to wander amongst the worlds and discover the avenues of one’s own path, traversing down taut, stretched chords, meandering amongst wildflowers, dreaming of yesteryears and futures streamlined with recherché, waltzing and rose labyrinths. The harmonic, tender tunes of her candor, pleasantries, of her divine patience, of the christened, anointed harmony joined her vocals and pervaded with honey, with ambrosia, to ensure that despite her own vexations, the fellow femme was not muddled into the pressing ailments. “I wish you well on your explorations.” Where would she go next? Which road would she take, ambling, leaping, toiling amongst the din, the wonder, the enigmas?

But Lebi craved more knowledge, and selfless, soft, dulcet Lena captured each trace of their vocals, the Foothills stag describing with detailed information (and she had to ponder; how had he acquired such bearings, for even she, elegantly tracing boundaries, damning, consecrating, severing, enchanting, had never grasped all these notes?), leaving her little space to convey her own wisdom until the poise of the Basin rasped along his tones, and she felt the urge, the necessity, to delve into the thorns and barbs of assumptions, presumptions and premises. The Aurora was always the first to be condemned by the lips, lies and tongues of strangers, through ignorance, hypocrisy or mendacity, and gently, fiercely, considerate and compassionate, the revolution of her warmth glided through the halls. “I fear I must correct you – lately, the Basin has acquired other creatures. The latest has been a Centaur, I believe.” She recalled the interesting beast at their recent herd meeting, all hands, torso, and finally, equine frame, fascinating and intriguing, though she hadn’t had the time to gain any more knowledge of his kind (he hadn’t appeared content with all the stares anyway). But she’d been pleased, elated, enlightened, at the notion that their world was revolving into deeper threads and particles, shards and remnants of hate, of malice, faltering into the shadows, to restore, to revive. Perhaps this Solace could take the awareness with him, the ability and notion that the heresy, the hedonistic scrawls and writings, the notations and quandaries, bounding upon notes of her lands were not always true. Layered and lacquered back into silence, she only spoke once more after he mentioned bonds, companions and beloved beings, staring and smiling upon Imogen as the ivory fox danced amongst long blades. “Some are capable of forging connections with other beasts, through luck, through circumstance, through love and devotion.” Her convictions emboldened her, sent a benevolent, sincere stare across the void to the newcomer, grinned and bore the weight of all of her woes, tragedies and deceits, painted the canvas of commitment, allegiance and dedication. “You become a part of one another, incapable of existing without the other.” You spill blood for them, she remembered, in the mist, in the fog, where she rendered violence and villainy against a gilded flier, where the hymns faded and the noxious, nefarious plumes reared their satanic faces. But without the white kit, she too would have been lost to the ire and fear of damnation.