the Rift

This is my Darkness[OPEN]

Never Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

this is my darkness
Never

It was just another day, another place, no different than the other places I have been. This place, I didn't even know the name of it, was temporary. I wanted to keep it that way. I have been traveling for a couple of years. After waking up in the forests of what I thought to be my homeland, having no memory of how I got there, I was ran out of the herd. I don't know if the herd was mine or not, but they turned me away, hell, they chased me off, their ears pinned against their head and teeth bared dangerously. I knew when I wasn't welcomed.

After being ran off, I set out to find a herd to settle into, but had no luck. After a year and a half traveling, I came across a herd. However, I had become bitter and angry that when the curious members of the herd got close, I would put my ears back and warn them off. I did this to each member until they all turned away from me with an irritated swish of their tail. I was about to keep going until one member of the herd, a mare, had come closer, her ears perked and a kind sparkle in her multi-colored eyes. I think even then I knew I would have in her my life. Times got easier. Things were going smoother for the outside, for me. Until one day a new stallion had taken over the herd. when I had tried to defend the herd, or take over leadershi I followed the herd, I tracked them, despite being so far behind. I did, however, manage to catch up only to notice Quinn was no longer with them... After that I had developed a cold heart. I didn't want to be around anyone else, didn't want to deal with another herd. I don't mix well with others and it was best I steered clear.

I stayed hidden in the shadows, the only tell-tale sign was the white on my face and my forearms. My forelock fell down face, hiding most of the white, the rest of my mane was a tangled mess, twigs, burrs, the works. When untangled and clean, my mane fell down to just above my knees, while my tail would --albeit annoyingly-- catch on twigs and brush since it was rather long. I was a rough site, rather scary to look at, at the moment.

The forest was comforting. I felt not only safe, but home here. Which was ironic, seeing as how I never had a real home. I lifted my gaze skyward, able to see some of the sky above me through the many leaves. Blue skies. A happy day. It wasn't very welcoming for me. I had become used to the darkness. Not of the world, but within myself. A darkness that'd spread throughout my body, cloud my mind and heat the blood in my veins. Anger. Resentment. Bitterness. These were my sources of darkness. The darkness was something I had welcomed.

"blah blah blah."

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable

The steed had token another break from his job, which failed him completely. He didn’t know exactly what he was doing here anymore, after Romani had point blankly told him that she merely no longer wanted him in her life. But he couldn’t give up. Not over her, nor Jasiri. They were his. They are his family and he could never think about abandoning them again. But maybe it would do them some good. For him to leave and to never look back. Maybe it would give Romani some relief that she would not have to worry about him returning to ruin her life once more like he did when he took a slight goodbye from Helovia. But he had come back for her. For his family. She just didn’t seem to understand that though. He had told her, as trustworthy as he could, and she still had rejected. What could he do now? He was lost.

Xanthos drug along the path, his head low with such confusion that no one could understand. Azel was upon his back, saddened by his companion’s sorrow expressions. It seemed like a dark cloud hung over both of them, raining sorrow endlessly. His snake-like-eyes paced back and forth from the sides of the dirt paths, staring at every hoof mark that laid there. Someone had been through not too long ago, and he was determined to find that someone. He may have lost Romani and Jasiri, but he still had a queen to work under, and he would do anything to please the Dragonheart. He could merely smell the stud, but he knew he was close by because the scent was still along the tracks.

His eyes looked upward, catching the sight of the dark frame, absorbing his markings carefully. Xanthos had never seen one with such markings, but a lot of unusual things were here in Helovia, taking home in the four lands or deciding to me an outcast. Though be free and living without rules seemed relieving, he could never abandon the Edge. Not ever. He needed as much recruits as possible, he needed to step up in his ranks and take pride. The only way in that was to increase the herd numbers fast.

Xanthos walked up to the male, starring closely at him. ”You’re lost," He said finally, his dark lips opening. "Aren’t you?" He finally spoke within a few seconds pause, his lips expanding with a smile unlike most that he greeted with. Azel eyed the creature carefully, his diamond blue pearls scanning the figure with curiosity.

If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark

Unregistered
(11-10-2013, 03:19 PM)Never Wrote:

this is my darkness
Never

To say I was happy would be too strong of a word. I was content with being alone, in the forest. I would have been fine if the unicorn had walked on by, not taking notice of my silhouetted figure in the shadows. However, today wasn’t my luckiest day. It seemed that I would have to face others, my kind or not, no matter how hard I tried to seek solitude.

It’s not in me to laugh at others, in fact I haven’t laughed in a long while, I realized with amusement. However, his comment did draw a deep, dry chuckle from my chest, earning him a smile that didn’t hold one ounce of friendliness. Since I was already found out, I might as well step out of the shadows, there was no hiding now, I thought to myself. I did so, stepping out from the safety and comfort of the trees, making my presence more known that what it had originally been. I flicked one ear forward but quickly became disinterested in the unicorn’s presence. “Quite the contrary, I know exactly where I am. Are you lost?”I asked him, a sarcastic edge to my voice. I didn’t hide the sarcasm. Why should I? I didn’t know this equine, it mattered not to me if I offended him one way or another.

I let out a heavy sigh and shook out my mane. I’d have to move on after this, find somewhere else. Not entirely sure where though. I studied the other stud for a moment, taking in his stature, build and, yes, species. Unicorn. Deciding I was irritated and wanting to throw this male off, I snorted and said, “I have to ask, I’ve always been curious. Do you ever get headaches?”
"blah blah blah."

Outcast

Azel growled at the stud’s sarcasm. The young male was never one who was really known for liking jokes. He liked to play around, but sarcasm was rude, in the way he knew it. He stretched his legs out and yawned before jumping from the dun’s back, weaving in between the dark legs. Azel starred hard with crystal blue eyes, his teeth showing as he did so. ”Xanthos, maybe we should move on? Something is right about this one.” The cat mentally told his large friend. Xanthos shook his head at the cheetah and sighed as Azel hunkered back down in the shadows of the unicorn.

Xanthos knew he had upset his friend because he had rejected, but Azel also knew very well that the Edge needed more members for future events, same as Xanthos. The steed looked back up to the dark male, smiling with gentleness. ”I’m quite warm at home actually.” He added in a strange weary tone, starring at the male. Xanthos knew that nothing was right at his home. Well, in his storybook anyway. Romani was upset, he hadn’t seen Jasiri since his leave, and he had a lot of catching up to do in his life. Would anything ever be the same as it was before? Most likely not. But it was always worth a try, and the first step was getting back into business. Recruiting.

Xanthos starred for a little while longer before his dark blue lips started to finally move. ”I am Xanthos, skilled wraith of the World’s Edge. If you wish, I can offer protection?” A yowl came from behind the frame of the dun as the cheetah cub poked his head out from behind the stud’s legs. ”Oh yes, and this is Azel, my loyal companion.” He smiled and stepped to the side so the feline could be fully seen. Azel’s body lower for a moment but then his head lifted with pride. The cat leaped onto Xanthos’s back and laid down, letting the light, of which little shed through the trees, warn his yellow-orange coat.

Xanthos continued to listen to the stallion, smiling at his question. "Do you ever get headaches?" The dun crackled underneath his breath and then starred at the ground with harsh eyes. All those years, confusion and misery mixed together – headaches, someone else was feeling the same thing too. He looked back up at the dark male and nodded slowly. ”As a matter of fact, I do.”

When your soul embarks

Unregistered

this is my darkness
Never

I couldn't help but feel a bit smug at the unicorn's 'growl'. I didn't take it to heart, it didn't bother me. I did notice the odd looking creature that stepped out from the unicorn's shadow. Some unspoken language passed between them but I didn't know what was being said. Couldn't hear it, of course.

Again I found myself amused that my sarcasm and slid right off the unicorn's withers. Good for him. I completely ignored his tone as a pawed at the earth and leaned down to huff at the earth for no reason. Boredom. the unicorn's introduction gave me pause. I lifted my head again and stared at him. Protection? Did I look like I needed protection? "That's quite a mouthful. I don't need protection. I can take care of myself." As for his companion, I fixed my green eyes on the feline a moment then huffed loudly. "I see." What else was I supposed to say to that. I did regard the feline curiously, however, wanting to get closer to check it out. Where I had come from we didn't have this sort of colored animal. They were tawny mountain lions. This was different.

I was pulled from my thoughts when he confirmed his headaches. His chuckle only meant he hadn't understood why I asked that exactly. I grinned inwardly and flicked my ears forward, "Must be a pain.. Having a horn attached to your head. Watch out for low branches, my friend." I told him then started walking, moving past Xanthos. When I was well past the other stallion I craned my neck to look back at him. I felt the stab of loneliness in my chest but fought it back. I didn't need a herd. I didn't need others around me. I tried that once and it didn't work.

"blah blah blah."

Outcast

Xanthos nodded noticing that he had spoken wrong about the headaches, and that the steed was talking about the pearl white horn that grew from his brow. He chuckled and shook his head. The horn was not the one to cause the horrible headaches lately, it was all the events that were happening in his life. All the pressure that came down on him was miserable and he could barely breathe when they came to life. The horn was innocent, only life was at war.

The cat upon Xanthos’s back smiled and then rolled around, purring. Azel enjoyed the warm heat of Tallsun after going through the harsh winter during the absence of Helovia without Romani’s white tigress, Kasai. They had been friends for very long now, but when the two had left and then come back, they were both grown up. She had grown to be a beautiful white maiden, and he was now a handsome young male. Though the two were only around eight months each, the two were both loyal and trusting to their faithful companions. Xanthos would never give up Azel for any other companion, for they had been bonded together as one forever now.

”Doesn’t everyone need somewhere to call home?” He said finally and then nodded when the steed began to move farther into Helovian lands. ”Take well, brother. Do come find me if you decide otherwise of a home.” He smiled and then waited till Azel was done joking around before he began to move back towards the Edge.

”Another one lost.” Azel said while laying his head against the dun’s withers. Xanthos nodded and kept walking, not paying attention to the cat. ”I am not at competition, just trying to make the herd bigger and stronger than what it is. Do not worry Azel, next one is always a charm.” And with that, they disappeared into the shadows.

When your soul embarks

Unregistered

this is my darkness
Never

What was more frustrating than being torn between a possible home and your fear of rejection. Sure, maybe he was inviting me into his herd, yet atthe same time, what if I get there and I am once again turned away, or leadership is changed and I am kicked out. History has a tendency to repeat itself and that wasn't something I wanted to go through again.

I watched the young male indecisively. What should I do. I was being given a chance--No. I twouldn't allow myself to be put through that again. And yet, before I could stop myself or knew what I was doing, I was turning around and following him. When i got up beside him I put my ears back, "Can't say I've had goot experiences with herds in my past. But I'll give it a shot since you're so adamant." I told him. The remark was sarcastic, but probably about as vulnerable as I'd let myself be.

I walked a little ways behind him in silence, my thoughts racing wildly through my mind, never settling on one thing. The slight wind rustled the leaves around me, the forest speaking a silent language. Part of me was worried that if I left the forest, I would be vulnerable to others once again. I would miss it. It's crazy, I know. However, over the years, the forest offered solitude, something I had come to need.>br>
"So. Where are we heading?"

"blah blah blah."

[/quote]