the Rift

[OPEN] Step 1; "A place to rest"

Tamlin Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 2 years
Rover

[Ooc; This first part is not important to read :)]

”Are you brave, Tamlin?”

The snow crumbled under the yearling's bronze colored hooves and he felt his heart stop in his chest. Snö was too far away to save him - as she had promised she would do if he fell. But in his haze of fear Tamlin knew that it was no fault of hers. He had failed. He was not worthy of being Mauja’s son or Snö’s brother.

He fell into the stomach of the icy devil that was the glacier. His body was thrown against the blue ice as he slid down the monster’s bowels, deeper and deeper. He was convinced that he would die, that the icy tunnel-slide would open up to a drop of several yards and then he would be crushed against the rocky ground below. But no such thing happened. He just slid to a stop when the tunnel leveled out and there he lay for a while; sore, cold and disheartened.

For days he wandered in the tunnels of ice and every time he tried to turn towards the Basin, the tunnel he choose bended in another direction. This went on until he couldn’t tell north from south anymore.

On the brink of starving to death the colt finally found his way out. He had ended up far north of Helovia and luckily he was found by a white equine stallion. The stallion nursed Tamlin back to health and the colt was forced to swallow his distaste for the hornless in order to survive. It soon became clear that the white brute was a skilled warrior and Tamlin asked him to teach him to fight. The equine stallion agreed and so the young racist began his training.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A few days ago the dark colt had crossed into Helovia for the second time within a year. His last visit at home had been a short one and he believed that the abrupt end had been a punishment by fate because of his lack of focus. Last time he was home he had gone back to the herd; to Aviya, Snö and Mauja. And he knew now that it had been the wrong choice. Maybe he would have turned soft in the safe haven of the herd and then his goals would seem less and less important. He couldn't let that happen!

This time he had other plans. This time he was more determined, more focused than ever in his life. His dreams had turned into goals and he would see to it that his words turned into action. Maybe he should have stayed with his tutor, Frostbite, for yet another year so that he could have learned more, but his plan would work better if he was not a fully grown stallion. He was well on his way though, soon to turn two years old, his frost-dipped horn had reached its full length, his pristine white tail had grown thick and long and real muscles were beginning to show under his satin skin. But there were still a hint of leggy yearling to his appearance. And he were quite skinny; his ribs were showing and his hips weren't as round as they should be. He had starved his body on purpose - another aspect to his plan.

Tamlin stopped and closed his mismatched eyes. He visualized his ultimate goal. He saw himself as the Emperor of Helovia. Tamlovia. The word made him chuckle. He saw big armies of horned horses and he saw the systematic extermination of all the skyrats and the naked-browed. Then he visualized his short term goals, he saw his whole plan play out exactly as he wanted it to play out. He saw the years of dedication, the slow, steady rise of himself and he mused. It was time.

His eyes snapped open and he erased the smile from his face. Then he heaved his body forward. Bronze colored hooves pounded the ground as he aimed for his birthplace - The World’s Edge.

Tamlin bore few traits of his father, the biggest telltale sign was his left eye, but it was highly unlikely that someone would recognize him as Mauja’s son. And if they did he had simply to play his role better. He was sure that it was impossible for him to fail the first step of his plan.

He pressed his body onwards; he needed to be completely exhausted when he reached the Edge. It was a dangerous game, but he figured that without guts he would get no glory. He knew that he needed to be brave so that he could go back to his sister someday and say “Yes, sister, I am brave!” and then maybe he would be worthy of being part of the family again. So he ran as fast as he could until a dark haze spread over his eyes and his legs hurt and his heart pumped so fast it was painful.

Just at the border of the herdland the black and white colt collapsed. He stumbled, fell and remained on the dry ground. His chest was heaving, his skinny body covered in sweat and dirt and the pained look in his face was no lie. He was hoping that a patrol had seen him coming. Let the game begin.

ooc; Anyone and everyone is welcome! :D

Tamlin
the blood-flower prince
he sows in blood

Permission to use violence and magic against Tamlin at all times granted

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
Miykael hadn't been in World's Edge, or even Helovia, all that long but old habits really do die hard. No matter how much time has passed, he takes to wandering the borders of his new home - checking, always checking. His blue eyes constantly searching for any changes or disturbances - anything out of the ordinary. More often than not, days (or even weeks, for that matter) would pass without any excitement. Yet still he wandered; ever vigilant, despite his lack of desire for a fight. Perhaps he merely enjoyed the peace and solitude that always accompanied him on his rounds or perhaps he was simply restless. Now that he had found Alysanne again, he felt his emotions bubbling up from the depths of his soul and he couldn't help but to keep moving; hoping, perhaps, that keeping himself busy would keep the feelings at bay.

His attempts to bottle up his feelings for her, seal them tight and throw them into the depths of the deepest well were failing. It was as though a monsoon had descended upon that very well, causing the waters to rise and with it - the bottle. When the night-time darkness blankets the lands, he is by her side and sleeping ever-so-lightly; allowing himself to be easily awakened in order to keep her safe. Once morning arrives, however, he finds himself wandering through the trees once more. Though in his heart he longs to be with her at every moment - wandering the lands, talking, laughing, and merely enjoying her company - he knows the impracticality of it all too well. To be with her so often could be detrimental.

It could (and likely would) result in a disaster that would end in awkwardness and lost friendship.

Today is no different. Miykael picks his way through the trees, walking again despite his perfectly usable wings. He pauses, as he always does, at the edge of the cliffs. The sun shines brilliantly on him, bringing out the golden undertones of his predominantly beige coat, the purity of his white patches and feathers, and the brown sheen of his nearly black points. Since his arrival, he had filled out again. His ribs were once again hidden, if only just, and he has a healthy glow about him again. His mane and tail are thick and full with a glossy sheen. The journey to Helovia built up his muscles a bit, though he remains somewhat lean in appearance he is proportionate and strong, yet graceful. With his blue eyes closed, he lifts his nose into the breeze blowing in from the sea. Inhaling deeply then exhaling softly, he lingers for a moment longer; relishing in the sweet, gentle fingers of wind combing through his mane and tail, and caressing the feathers of his outstretched wings.

Folding his large, angelic white wings and hugging them against his sides, he turns to the left and heads towards the southern edge of the glass wall. Upon reaching the wall he immediately turns left and follows it to the east and away from the coastal edge. Weaving through the trees - enjoying the shade they provide on this hot Tallsun day - the stallion makes his way towards the one opening in the glass wall near the middle. It doesn't take him all that long to arrive at the gap. He takes a few steps forward through the hole in the wall then - a pause. Somewhere nearby he could hear labored breathing. Feeling fairly comfortable - ignoring the possible risks - he steps forward again and as his gaze swept the immediate area outside the wall he spotted the black and white Unicorn laying there in obvious distress.

Concern overriding...well, everything; the stallion moves towards the colt - wishing, perhaps more now than ever, that his healing magic hadn't disappeared when he left Nocturne. Stopping a respectful distance away - not wanting to frighten or irritate the malnourished Unicorn. "Hey there," though his voice is deep, it couldn't be more welcoming or friendly, "you alright?" His question is heavy with genuine concern that is mirrored on his face. "Anything I can do to help?" Miykael's blue eyes are light, warm even, as he looks upon the boy - wondering how he could have possibly wound up in such a state.

m i y k a e l
Your eyes, they shine so bright; I wanna save that light

image credits
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Hidden Account
Rover

With his black cheek against the dry earth Tamlin heard someone approaching - or rather; he felt it. It started as an ever so slight current through the ground. Like almost undetectable vibrations. At first the vibrations seemed senseless, but soon a rhythm took form and with it came the first faint sound.

Hoof beats.

His breathing had begin to slow down somewhat and his pulse wasn’t roaring in his ears anymore. But the colt had still not recovered from his sprint and the reality of his bold plan took a hold of his brain. What if he was forced to fight? Tamlin hoped that whoever was coming had a weak mind and a soft heart - which was very likely judging of what he knew and thought of the peace-loving-scum that had taken over his beloved kingdom. If he could he would erase them all now; soak the ground with their blood, litter the forest floor with their bones and hang their hides in the trees of the World’s Edge!

The colt noticed that he was firing himself up and that was most dangerous at this uncertain moment. He had to be focused; he had to be a scared, tired colt seeking refuge. He closed his eyes and visualized what he would say and how he would act. He replayed all the times had had been feeling scared and hoped that the memories would send a look of fear to his features. The first step of his plan unfurled before his mismatched eyes and everything went perfect; now he just needed to do it for real.

The other came closer.

Words soon broke the silence and traveled though the hot afternoon air. Tamlin let his ears twitch at the sound and slowly he opened his blue eye. Through a blur he saw a painted stallion, dunskin and white with angelic wings attached to his sides. As his vision cleared he tried to remember if he had seen this face in the fray of the Battle of the Edge - he thought not.

Focusing on the slight ache in his muscles, increasing the pain it in his mind, the black colt gathered his legs under his emaciated body. He unfolded his front legs raising his forequarters off the ground with a grunt, but there he stayed; in an awkward sitting position. If the other one should attack he would have no chance, but Tamlin was already playing a very dangerous game. Between his still heavy breaths he spoke: ”Ple… ase… sir… don’t… hurt-“ However he was cut short when his eyes met the great glass wall.

Tamlin’s jaw dropped and he was completely thrown off track by what he saw. How could the Plague ever hope on breaching this monstrosity?! It seemed that his plan really was the best way to go under these circumstances. The colt’s determination to succeed grew even bigger.

Collecting himself he reinstated the look of fear in his eyes when he turned to the painted pegasi stallion. ”Please sir, I only need a place to rest and regain my strength. The wilds have been unforgiving this year and I fear that I will lose the battle. I only ask for a few weeks within your protected borders. Please.”

Tamlin
the blood-flower prince

@[Miykael]
he sows in blood

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Aaron</style>
World's Edge Glazier
</style>

"You are safe. No one here would hurt you without cause." From the trees he and his bonded moved as a pair. Alanna whimpered softly, the concern her bonded felt was clear. He wasn't sure of his place as the head of his class right now, but at least he had been around the Qian since the beginning. His eyes narrowed as he studied the young stud. Alanna moved silently to walk around the youngster who was barely Aaron's junior. They inspected quietly, judging if he would be any threat to those of the Qian. How he wished one of the WingLeaders or Leads of the herd would show. They were much more qualified to allow him in and a safe harbour right now than he was. There was just something about the stranger's left eye. That icy blue color.... Where had he seen it before? Aaron wasn't sure.

"I'm afraid neither of us have the authority to allow you to stay. That will be up to one of the leads. Alanna and I will be glad to stay with you until a meeting can be arranged." He felt that was fair enough as Alanna returned to his side. It was only then he turned to the pegasus who had arrived here first. "I don't believe we have met. I am Aaron, and this is Alanna." It was best to know your herdmates after all. Then again, it was good to know your enemies as well. One could never be to safe when the Plague was out killing those you love.

(blah, sorry this was so bad. promise itll get better as i get back into rp)

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
Oh, Azzaron, where the fuck are you?
The Edge's forests welcomed my dark shape with a warm embrace using the many branches of the trees and brushed lightly against my black coat. To my disappointment, the sun shone strong on this day, even if the forest gave away a cool shadow. This was a nice change of terrain after my journey from the Dragon's Throat. Azzaron had not been there, and that mare - Africa, I believe it was - had not even seen him there.
I stopped and suddenly wondered if he had even tried to go there. Didn't he care about his family? About... Me? What if Mauja had been right on the Meadow a year ago? Maybe Azzaron had never truly loved me, just the idea of loving me. I mean, he had only been there on his son's birthday. After that, my little golden gem never saw his father again. These thoughts hurt my head a little, so I decided to continue into the herdland I would soon have to say goodbye to. Was it even worth it coming here, just to be thrown out again?

Voices made me stop, and I nervously flicked my ears to locate the direction that the voices came from. Dezba yawned and moved a little on my back, rising up to stretch and see what the fuss was about. Her black spotted tail swiped over my lower back and rump, calming me if only just a little. 'Thank you, my desired,' I thought and I felt a wave of calm from the little cub in reply. As quietly as I could, I sneaked forward and looked through the branches to the little glade. My whole body froze and I stared at the pair with wide-open eyes. 'No... It can't be.' The bigger of the pair was a pegasus, a slender tobiano stallion with white wings who looked like he was just a little younger than me. I didn't recognize him, but why would I? I hadn't exactly spent a lot of time in this place. The child on the other hand... I knew him better than I should do.
He was Mauja's first son. I didn't remember his name, but I remembered seeing him around a few times back when Mauja lived here. His coat was pure black with a blanket of snow upon his rump, and his mismatched eyes gave it away that he was a royal-blooded. One hazel eye - probably from his dam - and one icy blue like his father's. His horn was as black as his coat, except for the fact that the tip was frosted by ice.
Oh God. Why was he here? Where had he been? The colt had an awkward shape to his body, so I guessed that he was a youngling, not older than 2.

As I stood there, I decided to listen to their little conversation. As I had just gotten there, I hadn't heard the tobiano's questions but I certainly heard Mauja's colt. "Please sir, I only need a place to rest and regain my strength. The wilds have been unforgiving this year and I fear that I will lose the battle. I only ask for a few weeks within your protected borders. Please." Oh, what a little rat, huh? Was he trying to sneak into this land of memories? My concentration bubble bursted as I watched an equine join the pair. I recognized this one and gasped soundlessly as I figured who he was. Aaron.
Why wasn't he still in the Foothills? Now that I think about it, a lot of horses that I had seen there was here now. The brown-patched stallion spoke as he entered the scene, his voice was much deeper now. Aaron had grown, that I could see clearly.

"You are safe. No one here would hurt you without cause." He said as he walked into the glade and I followed him with my blue eyes. He had a little dog with him, though. It was one of those... Hellhounds. The hellhound was white with tail, legs, ears and a small diamond upon it's head in a garnet color. It also had a marking looking like a bandit mask in the same color.
Dezba pawed my withers and I glanced back at her. Her electric eyes sparkled with curiosity and I knew how much she wanted to jump down from my back and greet these three horses in front of us. 'No, my desired,' I thought and looked forward again. The cub's aura sent a wave of disappointment and irritation at me, but it didn't take long until it was warm and loving again.
"I'm afraid neither of us have the authority to allow you to stay. That will be up to one of the leads. Alanna and I will be glad to stay with you until a meeting can be arranged. I don't believe we have met. I am Aaron, and this is Alanna." My thought had been confirmed and I took a deep breath before I took a step out of the shadows.

"Hello, younglings." I said as I took graceful steps closer to the three colts. Even if the dunskin tobiano wouldn't exactly count as a colt as he looked way older than Aaron. Dezba sat with a straight posture upon my back, looking down on the other ones. I wasn't the tallest one, or the strongest built, but I was at least the oldest one. Slowly, my gaze fell upon the little unicorn child. "Where is your father, frost-child?" I wasn't afraid of this child, even if I held grudge against his white father. My cub pawed impatiently on my withers, but I tried to ignore it. I didn't want to take my eyes off the child at the moment. Though I had to, because I had to look at the others while I greeted them.
"Hello, boys. I am Delinne, and this is Dezba." I glanced at the jaguar and she purred happily.
My blue gaze directed itself to the child of Frost. "Why are you here? Why did you come back?"

"Found a thin red line of madness."

ooc: MUSEOVERLOAD.
word count: 1026
tags: @[Tamlin] @[Miykael] @[Aaron]
DELINNE & DEZBA
[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
Miykael has always had a kind heart and a trusting soul. These traits were unflappable in him; could not be erased or changed regardless of all that he had been through. His past is rife with pain, sorrow and death - of rampant greed and misguided intentions. Perhaps that made him weak but he didn't care. In truth, he felt stronger for it. Miykael never took broken trust to heart but instead he used the information to discover the weaknesses in others. Perhaps he would experience less sadness if he were more closed off, more quick to judge another soul or instantly distrust their intentions but then he wouldn't be the same, would he?

The Pegasus stallion looked the colt over and quickly determined that he would be fine with rest and food. Miykael is visibly relieved; glad for the news especially because his healing magic disappeared the moment he left Nocturne. When the colt shifted and grunted, pushing himself up to a sitting position; Miykael could not help but be concerned. Taking a single step forward, he is quick to react. "Whoa! Wait, kid. Take it easy. You're safe now." He says, urgently attempting to set the colt at ease then, after a brief pause he adds, "You really ought to rest."

The colt's breathing was still labored when he first attempted to plead with Miykael but his words were abruptly cut off. Miykael waits patiently, allowing the colt to take his time to respond. After a moment, the colt seemed to regain his composure. 'Please sir, I only need a place to rest and regain my strength. The wilds have been unforgiving this year and I fear that I will lose the battle. I only ask for a few weeks within your protected borders. Please.' he pleads and though it touches Miykael's heart, he is powerless to grant the colt his one wish. Just as he is about to respond, a voice sounds from nearby. Miykael looks in the direction the voice had come from and there a painted stallion - with a canine like creature - emerged from the trees.

'I'm afraid neither of us have the authority to allow you to stay. That will be up to one of the leads. Alanna and I will be glad to stay with you until a meeting can be arranged.' the stallion spoke to the colt and in the brief silence that followed, Miykael remained silent. He had no reason to speak - there wasn't anything he could add - so he simply nodding in agreement. Miykael would stay, too, if the younger one wished. It was then that the other stallion - younger than himself - spoke to him. "It's a pleasure, Aaron and Alanna. I'm Miykael. I've only just joined the Edge." A brief silence once again settled over their little gathering and, truth be told, Miykael felt a little out of place - though he hid it well. In being new to Helovia, the dunskin tobiano was unfamiliar with the activities that had occurred in the past and the connections that are present amongst the residents. The Pegasus didn't flinch, didn't miss a beat. Instead, he simply focused on the moment.

Just then, movement from the trees of Helovia's wilds reached his ears. His blue eyes shift from the two near him to find another approaching. This one was a mare with a feline upon her back (the idea of companions is still new to him and the creatures still catch him off guard from time to time). 'Hello, younglings.' she says as she moves closer. Miykael takes no offense to the title - even though he simply hadn't aged past six this time. Although, he couldn't help but to wonder how he would age now. Leaving Nocturne had changed so much in him that it was difficult to tell what remained. It was apparent by the way the mare spoke that she, one way or another, knew the colt. She seemed reluctant to pull her gaze away from the colt in order to introduce herself. When she did, it didn't take long for her to shift her attention back. While her attention remains on himself and Aaron, Miykael dips his head slightly and briefly in greeting. "Delinne, Dezba. I'm Miykael." and, after a brief pause, he simply states (in reference to the colt, of course) - "You know him."

m i y k a e l
your eyes, they shine so bright; i wanna save that light

image credits
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Hidden Account
Rover

In a strange, backwards way Tamlin instantly felt safe with the painted pegasus. There was something with the stranger that made the outcast prince feel like he could trust him and count on him. Maybe it was because he sensed that the pegasus was not originally from Helovia and didn’t really have anything to do with the invasion of the Edge, or maybe he just thought the stallion seemed nice. However, he was still a pegasi and they were all scum… right? Well, the painted stranger may be the exception that proves the rule…

"Whoa! Wait, kid. Take it easy. You're safe now. You really ought to rest.”

Tamlin met the stallion’s vivid blue eyes and offered a shaky smile as if to say “Yes, you are right.” Then he lowered his forequarters to the ground again and just as he was about to ask for the stranger’s name he heard new hoof beats coming their way.

Another painted stallion (followed by a strange looking dog) came towards Tamlin and the pegasus, but this one was an equine. He was large in built and wore chocolate colored spots that sparked a painful memory within the unicorn colt. Tamlin recognized this painted stallion; he had been in the battle, he was the one who had used his horrifying magic on Mauja!

Tamlin quickly shut his eyes for a second, he had been preparing for this; he knew he would meet horses that he recognized from the battle and so he had prepared to be friendly with them. After all he had been living with an equine for the past year and that had really taught him to swallow his thoughts about the naked browed. But to meet this very stallion, this young warrior that was so high on Tamlin’s list of those he wanted to erase from the world, it was very hard for the colt to keep a straight face. He decided to talk with the stud alone when he got the chance. If Tamlin confessed who he was maybe Aaron would begin to trust him, the colt had not intended to pretend to be someone else anyways; he was convinced that if he was truthful about as much as he could, he would seem more trustworthy. The only thing he really needed to lie about was his feelings and thoughts about winged and hornless horses.

”Sir Aaron, pleased to meet you. I am Tamlin. I would be in your debt and forever thankful if you could arrange a meeting with a lead.” The colt said with a trembling smile.

Then suddenly a third body joined the group; a black mare striped with white lightening. She had a panther cub resting on her rump and her blue eyes seemed cold to the young unicorn. Her name eluded the self-proclaimed prince, but he remembered that she had been part of his father’s herd. Why was she here with these horrible horses? Why had she joined them when they were the cause of her becoming homeless? The colt could not for the life of him understand why, unless she was also playing an undercover game? But it didn’t seem like it.

Traitor! Tamlin’s mind roared and for a split second his face must have gotten an strange expression. Then he collected his thoughts and as her name suddenly came to him he smiled a tired smile. ”Delinne! I am so happy to see a familiar face! How have you been?”

”Where is your father, frost-child?"

Tamlin’s ears fell back and he furrowed his brow at her words. He looked at her with big, shiny eyes as she greeted the two stallions and then he listened quietly when she questioned why he was there. He summoned all the memories that had ever made him sad and let the feelings show in his face. For a second he looked to Miykael as if he was seeking comfort then he turned back to Delinne. He didn’t deny, but neither did he confirm the titled she had given him. Frost-child, it had quite a good ring to it, he thought.

With a grunt Tamlin let his head fall back on the ground. He pulled his legs close to his body and arched his neck away from the others. His cheek rested flat against the ground and he let his eyelids drop halfway over his mismatched eyes. ”I am in a bad shape and I miss the World’s Edge. I have been on my own for almost two years and as you can see I have not managed well.” he mumbled.

Then he took a deep breath and said with a sigh: ”I just want to come home, if only for a few weeks.”

Tamlin
the blood-flower prince

@[Miykael] @[Aaron] @[Delinne]

I would be super-happy if @[Thor] or @[Mirage] could pop by and give their verdict! :D (Or whoever is running the Edge now... I am a bit confused on that part hehe, is it @[Lace] maybe?)
he sows in blood

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

"You didn't answer the question, son" a soft voice said from behind the group; cool, mild, yet somehow managing to be stern at the same time. Slowly a figure emerged from the opposite side of the grounded colt, a lean, well muscled stallion dyed in metallic hues that glimmered and shone as light played over the soft strands. Scarred and seasoned yet with youth still glittering in the golden eyes, Lace was at his prime. Left behind in seasons past were all the dramatic childhood years, the illusions and impossible dreams; he was a mature, grown, strong stallion who, despite all his faults and shortcomings still possessed the kind of wisdom only life itself could provide.

He held the head high as he stepped up the the colt, silken mane falling like pristine white waters down the neck, tops tickling the sculpted shoulders; he stopped just beyond reach of the black boy, translucent gold sharp yet thoughtful as they bared down on him. Something white cut through the air beyond the grullo; a trill of greeting issued from the throat of the dragon as she flew past him, white membraned wings beating a steady rhythm as she began to circle the airspace above Aaron and Delinne - and perhaps even more so their companions.

"My name is Lace, WeyrLead of this land - I guess you could say that I'm the one who will decide if you can stay or not" he said, attention directed at the unicorn but loud enough for them all to hear; there were unfamiliar faces, as always, and it was as good a way of introducing himself as any. No doubt it would come as a surprise to them - Mirage had yet to hold a meeting to officially deliver the news - but the title was his none the less, and Lace was prepared to address the responsibilities that came with it.

"Now tell me; what is your name, and why have you come here, instead of to the Aurora Basin?" A nudge of the head gestured for the child to get up; he preferred to speak to others face to face, not to a person sprawling on the ground. While the child did seem truly exhausted, there were no visible injuries - all in all it would be better to stand, to let the blood flow freely through the body.

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Aaron</style>
World's Edge Glazier
</style>

No sooner than he had spoken another seemed to arrive. Aaron stayed quiet from then on, as things started happening really fast. First a unicorn mare and a cub arrived. Aaron recognized them from being prisoners of the Foothills, but the mare had been heavily pregnant then. She spoke to the younger knight as if she knew him.... Frost Child... Those blue eyes... Na, surely none of the Basin's youngsters would wander of all places.

It seemed Lace had returned to World's Edge as well. From what Kahlua had said, he had left just after Aaron and his family had gone to look for Aaron's father. Not only has the silver knight returned, but with a higher title than before. Aaron masked his surprise. When had Mirage made Lace a lead along side her? Well, it was no matter. The younger paint had nothing but respect for the golden brushed WeyrLeader. But as Lace had said, the colt had still not answered the question at hand.

Alanna grinned a toothy smile, in the only way a hellhound could at the white form of Fajira circled above. She did not pay any attention to the jaguar who had arrived with the unicorn mare. Finally Aaron looked to the other two before speaking. "Pleasure to meet you Miykael, Delinne, and Dezba." He knew he should of said so long before then, but his attention was focused on the unicorn stud who was yet to speak his name.... Alanna's icey blue eyes stared at the stranger, waiting... Just as her bond's eyes were locked on his as well. On the ground or not, he could still be a threat...

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Hidden Account
Rover

The foolish boy had set a dangerous plan in motion and as a voice of yet another startled him (this time it came from behind him) he began to wonder if he could really pull it off. But he was young and lacked the ability to fully understand the consequences that could follow his actions. And he was also more focused than most horses, so completely set on getting back within the borders of the Edge that he would risk a lot to reach that goal.

It would take a tremendous amount of time before the colt would become wise, and judging from the situation he’d gotten himself into it was doubtful that he would even live that long.

Tamlin yanked his head from the ground. There was something with this voice that made him think of his father. The softness of the words and the way they still managed to resonate with authority put the young unicorn in a slight chock; which he could not hide. With mismatched eyes open wide he looked at this Lace who claimed to be the leader of the Edge. If he had seen the white dragon he might had recognized the grulla from the Battle, but the boy was too startled to notice.

When the equine stallion gestured for him to stand up Tamlin instantly scrambled to his feet and if it had been physically possible for him to salute he might had done that too. But instead he pushed out his chest, straightened his neck and angled his ears slightly back as if he waited for the leader to inspect him from head to tail.

”I am Tamlin, My Lord.” he said while keeping his gaze straight forward; like a soldier being scrutinized by his commanding officer. He had been doing this exercise every morning with Frostbite for the past year and Lace’s voice seemed to demand the same obedience as Tamlin’s mentor. ”I have come here because I need to regain my strength before the winter comes. I do not desire to return to the Aurora Basin; it has never been my home and I do not belong there. I wish not to be a burden to your herd when the snow arrives and food is scarce so therefore I ask merely for a few weeks inside the glass walls. Come Orangemoon I will be on my way, you have my word.”

He still didn’t clearly confirm that Mauja was his father, mostly because he wasn’t sure if he could keep a straight face if the gathered horses would speak ill of his sire. He was however about to add that he was no threat since he was young, alone and weakened, but he didn’t want to throw all of his arguments on Lace at once. Besides, if he looked too eager it would be suspicious.

ooc; sorry for not mentioning the others. Tamlin is quite focused on Lace for the moment! ^^'

Tamlin
the blood-flower prince

@[Lace]
@[Aaron]
@[Miykael]
@[Delinne]
he sows in blood