the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] Blood in the Water [Quest Thread]

Azale Moniet Posts: 49
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 3 Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Azale Moniet

We we're home... With our homecoming, not that the new Glazier had been all that welcoming, I needed to get back to work. Soon as I had been out of the tree line I took off. It feels good to stretch my wings again. I needed six more before I could gain the magic I wanted oh so badly. I would get it too, even if half of the animals I had killed and stashed near the Vein of the Gods were rotting away. What can I say, i'm young and life happens. It just hardened me and showed why I needed this magic even more. My orange eyes scan the warn sandy beach below for any sign of life. I don't care what I kill anymore, as long as I get the job done.

There, what was that? Ah perfect a seagull landed on the beach to eat a fish. sorry buddy, it's your last meal. You have a date with death today. I shift my front legs forward, taking aim. With a tilt of my wings I am falling downward. I need to make this kill, I want to get this done and soon. I'm so ready after so long and so much growing to be able to defend my home. Once I have this magic I will seek to learn the role of a protector. My family must stay safe. We've seen enough death in our young lives. No more. I won't let it happen again till we're all old and ready to leave...

"talk talk talk"

[Image: 51535cdaae0d8]
"Oh the things we do for power..."
lines by tamme; coloring by paddeh

Varath Posts: 45
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.0 hh :: 3 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: ENDURE
redgod
IN SEARCH FOR THE GUIDELINES TO THE GATEWAYS OF SIN
Sophistication as cruelty and perfection as virulent truth

Varath was at a critical stage, teetering between the fine line of good and evil, but he knew he was too far gone now to change. He was not his father. He could not go back on what he had done, and he could not deny his grandfather's teaching. But the guilt... the shame. His father's words as they fought still rang in his head and haunted his dreams.

"You are not my son."

He had not expected those words to hurt as much as they did, even though he had denied his own father long ago. The ties of family were stronger than he had anticipated and the hate he had bred in his heart was only surface. All of his emotions were petulant, not... true. And this was evidenced by the fact that he was so ripped up inside. He could not go back to the Basin and face them, not yet. Varath had failed in killing his father, and he could not go back to his father and ask for forgiveness - not now, not after all he had done.

So, the boy wandered, hooves carrying him to the soft sands and the bitter spray of the ocean. Even in this heat, he felt cold. The sun washed out the colors, and he squinted against the light. Something bright in the distance seemed to have a halo against the sun though, and he furrowed his brows. Was she stalking the seagull? Was she going to kill it?

Much to his surprise, he realized that she was a pegasus, and he narrowed his gaze. What was she doing killing birds? The scars over his eyes had finally healed into thick, white lines, and the bloody marks from his father's hooves and teeth had blended into the dapples of his dark coat. "What are you doing?" he asked, the depth of his voice even surprising to him. When had that changed?

Image Credits

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Azale Moniet Posts: 49
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 3 Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Azale Moniet

"What are you doing?" The deep voice startled me. I had barely enough time to land and finish the job on the seagull before he had me whirling to face the direction the voice had come from. What I was surprised me. He was handsom, but had a horn on top his head. What am I saying? I wasn't going to be scared of him just cause he was a unicorn! That would be just silly. It's only those that come from the Basin that I should worry about. Surely he would not live there. I decided to play hard to get. "What business is it of your's?" My orange eyes stared at the dappled stud. He was about my age, maybe a bit older. That red in his mane and tail... Where have I seen that before? Have we met before? I hope not because if so I do not remember.

Without another word I turn, my eyes looking for the next victim. I had to get this done, and get it done quickly. I have wasted enough time dealing with my family. Now I need to be able to protect them. As I search I wonder if there is others like me.... I know there are others with wings, and many of them live in the Dragon's Throat.... I really need to go back there and explore. I love the warmth... Oh it seems like it's been ages since I started this dang quest of killing there. Now I am almost finished... I just need... Ah there we go. A rat.... ah well. I dart forward, my well practiced hooves landing with precision on the rat's spine. That's two down at least... One more to go.... With I turn back to the stranger and speak again, my voice a bit less cool than before. "Who are you?" However I did not give him a chance to answer. My next victim was close, barely under the water. A fish... Well it's an animal too isn't it? With speed I had only developed over the course of my quest, I wheeled to stomp into the shallow water. When I lifted my hooves the body of the decent size fish floated to the top. I carefully used my teeth to pick the body from the water, placing it along with the rat and seagull on my back. Only then did I refocus on the stallion. Was he even going to answer me?

"talk talk talk"

[Image: 51535cdaae0d8]
"Oh the things we do for power..."
lines by tamme; coloring by paddeh