the Rift

[OPEN] For the First Time

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

F I N N</style>

to coax the darkness into light</style>

The journey from Threshold to Foothills had been, thankfully, a considerably short one. With weary feet keeping me held upright, I hoped that my eagerness to settle in this supposed Foothills would quicken my pace and hide the exhaustion that had plagued my body for some time now. It was pleasant to have company again, not only in the form of the grey Ciceron who had offered this invitation to me, but of the grullo lady, Colt, as well. Despite my involuntary isolation from others for nearly the past year, it seemed my social skills had not waned completely, and I supposed I had my talkative nature to thank for that.

When the trees became far more sparse and the terrain began to roll into gentle sloping hills, I could only imagine that we had surpassed the borders of the Windtossed Foothills, rightfully named if so. Coming to a stop on one such hill, I took a moment to take in what lay before me. A string was struck within my heart at the fond memory of Ossic Briar and its own rolling terrain, but I was quick to force the thoughts out from my head and instead focus on the here and now. This wasn't my old home, and I needed to appreciate it as a completely new place. In the distance I could hear the churning waters of a waterfall and a gently running stream, but it was lost to my eyes. In the far distance were mountains that reached high into the sky, seeming to caress the heavens above.

"It is absolutely beautiful!" I exclaimed, eyes wide and bright as I made to move forward and venture further into what was considered uncharted lands to me. How many others resided here? Was there more to see, cradled within the hills and hidden from sight? The sound of the waterfall had caught my attention first and foremost, so why not begin my journey there? Exhaustion forgotten, I picked up my pace into a carefree trot down the hill, direction pointed towards the sound of the falling water.

talk

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

With their destination in sight and the pair of equine close behind him, the grey stallion decided to take the chance to stretch his legs that had begun to stiffen with the amount of walking places such as the threshold required. Springing forward eagerly as he picked up a flowing trot he stretched his neck forward and down relishing in the stretching of the many elastic muscles and tendons supporting his frame. He was not one to like staying still for long periods of time, he needed to keep moving not only to keep himself fit but also his mind stimulated. Boredom was not good for the mind especially when mixed with the sense of loneliness and loss. He did not know when or how he could ever fulfill the sense of incompleteness that drove him, all he could do was keep moving and hope eventually things would work out how they were planned.

After a minute or two at his increased pace he returned to a walk glancing over his shoulder to see both Colt and Finn still following. He was happy that they had accepted his offer to come to the Foothills, it helped to make him feel as if he was doing something useful instead of just aimlessly wandering day after day. Calling out loudly to the rest of the Foothills herd he asked them to come greet their newest members. It would be a good chance to let them see that their small herd was not all that bad, and hopefully they could make some new friends in the process. Turning around he waited for the pair to catch up to him loving their expressions of discovery at what was laid out before them.

When he had first arrived here, his expression was likely to be similar to their own, there was just so much to take in and process. It had taken days for him to notice everything here, and there was still much left to discover. "Welcome to the Foothills." He said finally before glancing around in hopes other members would soon come as well.

TAGS: @[Finn], Colt, @[Blitzen], @[Irrydae], Open
MUSE: Good
NOTES: Sorry its a little short

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
'Cause even the stars they burn
Some even fall to the earth</style>

Ciceron. It seemed the only time she ever saw the large dappled stallion was in the presence of new faces. The Foothills seemed bloated with new members running about over the lush hills - and yet Phaedra was not happy. When they had been The Grey, there had been no recruiting - outcasts had sought them out, eager to join their deadly and tight-knit family. There were trials - Gods knew Phaedra well remembered stealing an amulet to prove her worth to Ktulu and Ophelia - sparring even though her golden frame was not built for it, and even acquiring Stella, who proved to be a great asset during her time as a spy. Now however, with the herd under her control it felt...open. Loose. Is that all the Foothills stood for now? Is that all they were? A welcoming face to all, come what may?

From the skies, Phaedra glided lower. Her body gleamed with magic both from the Moon Bitch as well as the dark Lady's star-bear: Her mane and tail shone brightly with pinpoints of starlight that cascaded and radiated in glistening patterns, while her body gleamed with the magic that burned in her belly. As she descended, it was like a flare of the sun had refused to burn out, and was instead falling towards the lush fields. At her side, Stella too descended, though with much less hesitation than her bonded. Trilling happily, the secretary bird spun and danced in the air, pulling up only as Phaedra landed. The sooty palomino moved forward easily and with her characteristic flirtatious saunter towards the incoming group. Her seagreen gaze revealed none of her hesitancy or reserve, but instead beamed alluring at Ciceron. "Hello sugar" She offered brightly, flashing a dazzling smile.

Her gaze first fell upon Finn. In a land where it seemed every male towered above her, boasting impressive wings or muscular bodies, it was refreshing to see the stout creature. Phaedra shot him a welcoming wink - her glistening eyelashes catching the suns light as she folded her oddly-patterned wings to her feminine flanks. Next, her seagreen gaze was directed to Colt. A mare She thought, with some ire, but nodded coyly towards her just the same. Her training, both as a spy and her past as a seductress, served her well at disguising her thoughts, and conforming her outward appearance to only what she wished to show. "Who've we here?" She inquired to Ciceron, her head tilting slightly.

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark

Their company proved mentally exhausting. All of the happiness and the charm felt surreal to a girl that had known nothing but fear and anger for the last seasons. Anything but felt wrong and even as they walked from the Threshold Colt glanced a time or two behind her to see if Ricochet was going to come barreling out of the thickets to torment her for even thinking of feeling anything different.

She should have found comfort from them, in their gentle natures and their kind words, so carefree they might just sail away like the seeds of a dandelion in the wind. She was the sour roots though, clutching fervently to the ground. The realization of this inability to integrate so easily with them troubled her. As always when faced with something discomforting she sunk further into herself, walling them away with a chilly exterior of detachment.

Not too far though, she had to smile still and nod when it seemed appropriate, even throw in a laugh when it seemed plausible, what a harsh sound on her throat.

It was all too much to keep track of.

One thing she could not deny feeling though was the awe that settled in her breast once the Foothills did open into view. It was beautiful, unlike anything she could recall. If her birth place had been this nice, surely she would have remembered? Perhaps not though, even her mother's voice had begun to fade, replaced only with the echoing sneers of Ricochet; how they bounced around her thoughts like the namesake he bore.
Finn raced forward, his antics so coltish a true smile ghosted onto Colt's lips. She feigned a grab at a tall weed to scrub it away. She couldn't let herself feel for anyone least of all. Don't get attached she reminded herself, glancing after the fjord. He's only a body.
Nothing more.
Nothing more.

Colt's mantra was provided a welcome distraction as Phaedra dropped down to land. At first Colt didn't see her, forgetting to look up, so that she shied faintly once she heard the wings thumping against the air. It was a fraction of a shudder across her body, like a fish snapping up a fly from the water's surface before anyone could see - only the muffled splash could be heard, then all was as it had been.
Stupid she chastised herself, once more trying to throw the movement of her body off on grazing.

She lifted her head, a mouthful of browning mustard grass poking out the side of her mouth as the pegasus addressed the unicorn. If it weren't for the hideous wings disfiguring her backside, Colt would have had to admit Phaedra was beautiful, stunning even. Too bad.

The way her coat, particularly her mane, dazzled though set Colt on her guard. Magic. Her mind sharpened, easily settling back into the lifestyle of training in which every second that ticked by under her sweat was another opportunity to be threatened, attacked, taught.
Subconsciously her front hoof moved in the dirt, idly playing with a small pebble that the motion unearthed. She rocked it back and forth under her toe like a nervous tic.
She was trigger happy definitely, but at least it was happy.

"Colt," she introduced with a smile as Phaedra's attention seemed to shift towards her.
She didn't say anything more, but her toe continued to play with the pebble like an anxious hand fingering the trigger of a gun.

HAPPINESS IS A WARM GUN

[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

It was great to be back home even after such a short excursion to the threshold, it was just a warm feeling that passed over him each time he looked upon the foothills. Now all that was missing was the sense of belonging and purpose that evaded him, eventually he would find what was missing. Turning his cranium to the sky as the sound of the whirling of feathers against the wind he spotted the beautiful figure of Phaedra descending upon them. Her expression was kind yet held something unreadable underneath the exterior, was something troubling her? Deciding against pursuing his thoughts he greeted her with a brief bow of his head once she had landed.

Standing among the rest of the as greetings were passed around he relaxed sensing a overall calm to the atmosphere. He would have thought that more of the herd would turn out but hey at least someone showed up. He definitely had no authority to command anyone to do anything but he was grateful that someone had responded to his request to greet Finn and Colt. Shaking his mane out it cascaded in waves over his neck as it fell back into its natural place reaching down to the point of his shoulder. The mare, Colt had not noticed Phaedra's descent from the heavens causing her to shy out of the way before she realized what it was coming towards them. A small smile played on his lips remembering the first time he had encountered a pegasus back when he was a young colt. He had been rather fascinated by the wings of the other and spent weeks afterwards trying to fly himself even though it was impossible for him.

As the golden's gaze fell to his own he listened intently to hear what it was spoken to him. It was a rather strange request but he guessed that it was warranted considering he was the one who had brought them here in the first place. Colt had already introduced herself in one word which seemed to have fallen on deaf ears except to him so he figured he needed to make some introductions. "This is Colt and Finn." He replied sweetly motioning to each in turn as he answered Phaedra's question at hand. "They were both in search of homes when I happened across them wandering in the threshold. I invited them to come home with me to the foothills."

Being sure to explain where he had first met his new companions he tried to gauge the lovely golden's reaction to no avail. She was one who carried with her the expression of concealment making it difficult to read her mood beyond her cheery exterior. It almost seemed natural for her, for this he envied her as he had only gained such skill from many years of practice. Turning his silver orbs back to the figures of Finn and Colt he smiled gently. "Finn, Colt this here is Phaedra, our cheiftess." He hoped that he hadn't overstepped by making introductions but felt that it wasn't a horrible idea considering neither Colt nor Finn knew anything of the Foothills except what he had told them previously.

TAGS: @[Finn], Colt, @[Phaedra], Open
MUSE: Good
NOTES: I apologize for the delay.

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.