the Rift

Upon my Return

Boltar Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Boltar

Helovia. Home. One and the same. I had left for reasons of my own, those reasons left me isolated which forced me to come to terms with my current powers and even learn to control them. Before they could control me. I left here, this place that held memories that are now long gone thanks to my decision, for fear I would hurt those I had come to care about, those who trusted and relied on me. I feared if i had succeeded in injuring any of them, I would lose myself, who I was, who I had hoped to be. If I had injured anyone, a part of me would have died. I couldn't afford that.

Stepping out of the forest to gaze across the lands, I felt my chest expand with each deep breath, but not only to draw air into my lungs, but to breathe in the familiar scents. Nothing, it seemed, had changed. However, I knew that was just the surface. What I didn't know was how much the residents of Helovia, might have changed during my absense.

I had fallen in love with Helovia for how desolate, empty and familiar the territory was to me. I'm not an overly sociable equine, and Helovia offered the solitude I sought out in the first place. I had come to appreciate the terrain, and even some of my fellow equines who called this place home. With another deep breath, I let it out in a quick huff and started picking my way through the trees. My curse, the electricity that crackled in the air around me, was a constant reminder to rein in my emotions and keep control at all times or else. Else I'd have to disappear again. No. I wouldn't let that happen. I was home again. I was here to stay.

My ears pivoted around, taking in the sounds around me, my pelt twitched, my muscles taunt, ready for anything, should there be anyone lurking in the shadows. Maybe I had become paranoid while away, but in my eyes, in my thoughts, it was better safe than sorry.

I pushed those thoughts from my mind and focused ahead. Let's see if there's still life out here.

"blah blah blah."

Ricochet the Incendiary Posts: 133
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 hands :: 5 years Buff: BULK
Blu

R I C O C H E T - - raise your GUN and it's over

North.

Sometimes it felt he was always marching north and south, and never stopping for a day of rest. Every waking hour was filled with relentless movement, always with the next destination held in the forefront of his mind. He was making circles of Helovia, gradually expanding and contracting, occasionally changing directions and crossing over the radius and whatever else one would like to make of it.

In truth, it was random. From the years he had last been here, he knew to keep clear of the World's Edge, even if his relatives resided within it. Too often he had been met with words of equality and peace there- for the traveling he would have to do, it was all too likely an empty hope to find recruits. To the north-west, there was the Foothills and the frozen world of the Frostbreathe Steppe, where he had very rarely, if ever, ventured. The Foothills had driven him out last time, and had quickly become a place of his failures. So neither would he seek sanctuary- or those of his species- there.

No. Instead he would have to try his luck in the airy forests of the Threshold to Helovia.

Guns came slinking back through the shadows, belly low to the ground, amber-brown eyes up and seeking Rico's teal ones. The Incendiary would have to be a fool to say they had reached a bond that extended to telepathic communication- but they had achieved a basic sense of understanding best they could despite their species differences several years ago.

He quickened to a lazy jog, neck stretching down and softening, a thin layer of foam on his lips, eyes up as he follows his dog, his hoofprints overlapping with the soft pawprints mottling the ground.

It is not long until he slows.

A stallion gray and pale meets him, with electric eyes. Best of all, he has no horns and no wings.

Nieque must be with him, to send him such a find.

"I am Ricochet," the Incendiary says, relishing meeting another norm- especially one that looks a warrior. "Who are you?"

HP: 49.5
We want you for the Equine Empire.