the Rift

[OPEN] long after you're gone.

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable

Lost in time, the panda-faced executioner found himself standing tall, chest jutting forward as he admired his home. He had been absent in mind, but present in body. Locket had milled around the land he called home, losing himself to the hungry Thought, letting it devour his mind whole. He left his home soon after, leaving himself to rest his weary soul. Jumbled thoughts had rolled through Locket's head as he traveled, his mind lost to thoughts so deep.

It had been many a season before he returned, now it was a few days after Tallsun's prime, the weather slowly sinking into the crisp, climate of Orangemoon. The air itself was crisper, the green leaves scheduled to fade into hues of red and orange. Standing proudly and surveying his home, the executioner brought himself to walk forward, his cloven daggers pressing him closer to the core of the land. His long, Arabian legs kept his stride smooth, his darkened lobes flickering, scanning for noise. His home was silent, an odd thing for him. The air had changed, new scents came and went, flowing to his nostrils. Opening his pale lips, the accented voice of his flew from his tongue. "Ophelia? Ktulu? Archibald?" The green gaze is carried across his home, and he feels an empty feeling creep across his chest. The names he spoke were the words of his familiars, the sisters, the founders of the Grey, and Archibald, the ever proud General.

Stepping forward, the steed tilts his head, nostrils catching a stale scent, Ktulu? His voice echoes, his mind wondering why her scent was leading from the center of the Foothills. Ophelia's scent was no where, Archibald's scent faded just as Ktulu's was. A frown was presented upon his pale kissers, confusion spreading over Locket's features. He was confused and a little scared, wondering why their scents were so faded. They couldn't have left now could they? No, the founding sisters would never leave the Grey... or would they?

"talk talk talk"
[getting the feel for Locket <3 feel free to fill Locket in on what he's missed (Basin invading DT & WE, Ktu/Phi/Archi all leaving, etc.).]

And I took you by the hand
And we stood tall,
And remembered our own land,
What we lived for.
dctim1.flickr

Locket talk :: L = R

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I had a dream I stood beneath an orange sky.</style>

Solace heard the voice of a stranger. Immediately, Solace made the assumption of intruder, he walked in the direction of the noise. They were calling for the leaders, the ones that had abandoned the Foothills, he gave a snort. Whoever this was, they hadn’t been present for quite some time now, and he hoped for their sake that they belonged to the Foothills, otherwise, he knew others from the herd may come and treat him with hostility. Solace had no intentions of harming the stranger, unless they became a threat. There would be nothing hostile wandering through his homeland, this place was sacred in his eyes, and any malicious being didn’t deserve to be there.

When Solace saw the stallion, his head cocked, he was quite the peculiar looking thing, but then again, Solace was as well. The draft slowly approached and when he was standing in front of the stranger he cleared his throat. No words came from his mouth as he studied the stranger. Right now he didn’t appear to be a threat, perhaps he was a member that had vanished.

“They left,” Solace said locking eyes with the other stallion. He made it clear that he wouldn’t let the stranger go any further into his home, not unless he proved himself to be one of his brothers, otherwise he would ensure that this stallion left. “State your business here. If you’re not one of us, then you should leave. Intruders aren’t welcome in the Foothills.” His words weren’t aggressive or angry, but there was an edge of warning to them. Solace’s body spoke for what was going through his mind. Muscles tense, ears tilted backwards slightly, and even Solace knew it was quite obvious what he was conveying, and only an idiot wouldn’t catch on to the defensive nature of his body.

Image Credits

His voice is heard by another, a grey draft with green dipped feathers and mossy hair. Locket takes the man in, nodding his head despite the look the stallion is giving him. Emerald eyes look over the well built warrior, a pearl marked brow raised. He examines the steel grey stud until he speaks, his words blowing away the sooty chestnut man. "How could they leave the Grey like this?" Shocked, Locket lets out a frustrated snort. Is brows narrowed, his nostrils flaring as he tries to think of why the three would leave the Foothills. If they left... then... "the Grey is no more." His accented words are solemn, his sooty lobes flicking back. His heart felt broken, knowing the leaders he looked to were no longer leading the Foothills to a glorious, victorious era.

Rude words were shot at Locket, the stranger wishing to know why the white faced stallion had entered the Foothills. He flicks his emerald eyes to the green hued warrior, his normally soft features turning into a serious, solid expression. "That is no way to treat an Executioner of the Grey... Foothills I mean." His last words were said with dismay, the accented speech turning into a solemn, deep tone upon those words. Why have you allowed such things to happen, Father? He whispers through his mind, the image of Father Earth flickering through his horned skull. Upon the image he is reminded of his quest, and the Bonded he must find.

The Executioner straightens his back, flicking his bushy, sooty tail. He wonders who is leading the Foothills now, who the Chief or Chieftess could be, opening his pale lips, he speaks again, accented words rolling from his tongue. "So who leads the Foothills in these times?" The question sits in the air between him, the stallion of the Grey letting his audits flick forward, interested in hearing what has become of his home.

"talk talk talk"

And we stood tall,
What we lived for.
dctim1.flickr

Adoptable

Solace listened to the stallion as he spoke, and so it appeared that he was a member of the Foothills, or more likely the Grey. He was reluctant to answer the question, part of Solace believed he didn’t deserve an answer. He’d abandoned the Grey. “All I know is that they left after the invasion of the Edge.” He replied, “Other than that, I can provide no answers.” His tone had lost it’s edge, and his muscles relaxed. This stranger seemed to be one of his family, so he found no reason to hold slight hostility toward him.

After Solace gave his warning, the stallion threw words back. Solace snorted, the typically cordial stallion felt a cold expression hardening on his face. Perhaps he should be having more compassion toward this stallion, after all, he had just returned home to find it wasn’t home anymore. There was also that resentment and bitterness inside him, this stallion had left. He wasn’t there when the Grey fell, he wasn’t there when Apollo announced the abandonment of their leaders. This stallion also hadn’t been doing everything in his power to fix what had been broken. Solace found he had balls to demand respect when he hadn't earned it.

“I was merely doing my duty. I didn’t recognize you, and wasn’t going to stand by in case you were a trespasser. The Foothills is vulnerable, and I was ensuring no threats were wandering into it.” Solace said, his ears twitching back slightly. He didn’t want conflict, but he wouldn’t let this stallion walk over him, after all, Solace had been bearing a burden of his home’s weakness while this stallion just loped about leaving them with one less to assist.

Then the stallion proceeded to ask who was in the lead. At least they would be familiar faces to him. “Apollo and Phaedra are the chief and chieftesses of our land at present.” He said, “Murdock and Artemis are or generals.” He said, his tone becoming gentler and losing the cool edge it once held. He took in a deep breath and gave out a long

“I apologize for my previous hostility,” Solace said, “Our home has been made vulnerable by the loss of our first leaders, and I desire nothing more than to see it become strong once again.” He wasn’t sure whether the executioner would accept his apology, and if he didn’t that would only be on him, Solace was clearing his conscious. “I am Solace.”

Image Credits

The invasion of the Edge? Tilting his head to the side, the man did not understand. There had been no invasion except for the one the stallion himself participated in, the one in which the Grey dominated the Foothills. Locket exhales, looking at the stallion with a solemn look. He was not pleased with anything as of now, his heart shattered by the news of the Sisters leaving their family. And the big General Archibald must have followed them, already sensing the collapse of the Grey's era.

"I suppose this must be changed, this... 'vulnerability.' We cannot have our hard earned land falling apart." Locket begins walking towards the border, looking back at him with a gentle smile on his lips. "Let us not stand here uselessly, shall we patrol the borders?" Using his black dagger to point to the border, the stallion gazes at him with pleased eyes. His pale kissers have been turned into a please smile, his eyes glittering with a certain excitement. He was in a hurry to get back to patrolling the borders and fending off intruders.

"Phaedra and Apollo you say?" Locket takes in the newly shared information hungrily, audits flickering with pleasure upon the words that danced from the white kissers of the other stallion. "I will congratulate them later." The stallion murmured to himself, a mental note scratched down. Locket lets the stallion speaks again, speaking his desires to see the herd rise to power once again. Nodding his head, the panda-faced stud agrees, knowing he will be one of the members who will have to help the herd become strong once again. "I am Solace." A smile spreads across his pale lips, and Locket speaks in his accent. "My name is Locket. It's nice to meet you Solace." It sounded more like he said his name was Rocket and the stallion's name was Sorace. Locket was occasionally frustrated with his accent, only because he couldn't understand himself sometimes.

"talk talk talk"

And we stood tall,
What we lived for.
dctim1.flickr

Adoptable

Solace watched the stallion’s confusion at the mention of the invasion. He shifted a bit uncomfortably, at the memory of Apollo’s announcement of their failure. He hadn’t been present at the invasion, he had been called to protect the home. “The invasion was a horrible mistake, the Grey took up a contract with that damned Basin, all of us agree it was a very big mistake. It is the reason why the Grey fell apart.” Part of him wished he could offer comfort for his brother, but there was truly nothing he could do. After all, Solace didn’t have the same affection for the Grey that this stallion had. It wouldn’t surprise him in the slightest if he had been one of the ones to fight for this land, the land that they had bled for.

“Many of us our doing our best to help this herd rebuild itself, I personally have been frequenting the Threshold for new recruits.” Solace said as he nodded in agreement to the stallion’s offer. He followed behind the orange stallion. Despite his time in the Foothills, this was his first time doing an actual patrol of the land, he was often too busy down in the Threshold to tend what should be his first priority, protecting his home. There was still a need for new recruits, and he knew there were others that went to the Threshold as well, but it was what made him feel productive due to his lack of true skill in the fighting department.

“Yes, they are both proving to be excellent leaders. Apollo especially, he was appointed after Ophelia left. He has managed to hold this family together despite it’s dark times.” Solace didn’t know the chief all that well, but he was definitely regarded in the draft’s eyes. “Phaedra was only recently appointed, but I do believe has very good potential, and balances out Apollo nicely.” He wasn’t entirely sure what he thought of the Opulent. The sultry and seductive attitude often turned him off, but there was still a kindness and acceptance about her that made her fit her role.

The stallion introduced himself, Rocket? Sorace? He realized it must be an accent of some kind. He deciphered the stallion’s name as Locket from the odd pronunciation of Solace’s own name. “It is a pleasure to meet you as well.. Locket correct? Or is it Rocket?” It was nice to get a better start with the stallion, it had turned far better than the previous hostility between the two that had been there not too long ago.

Image Credits

The steel Warrior shifted his weight, appearing uncomfortable at Locket's mention of the Invasion. The stallion in front of him explained how the Basin and the Grey had held a contract, that being the reason they fought in the invasion, which was claimed by many to be a big mistake. He then muttered about how it was the soul reason the Grey collapsed, making the Executioner flick back his pale auds in disapproval. "It was the Basin's fault for this tragedy? He asks, accented words filled with a curious venom. To himself, he murmurs under his breath. "Ophelia, Ktulu and Archibald... all because of the Basin." Sudden wish to become even with the Basin grows in his chest, angry that they had taken away the two main supports of the Grey, then wiping away another important piece. How could a herd be so cold hearted as the Basin?

The sooty chesnut watches the warrior accept his offer to patrol, tagging behind as they set off along the border. "'Tis a good thing you are bringing in recruits, the Grey... Foothills will need all the help we can get now that we've been hit down like this." Locket nods his head, knowing the warrior means well. "But you should patrol too, and keep yourself fit, and as you're a warrior, you'll need to train your fighting skills." The stallion himself hadn't fought in a long time, since the Grey first invaded the Foothills. Of course, that had been seasons ago.

Upon the talk of Chief and Chieftess, the steel grey draft spoke his mind about the two leaders, Locket nodding as he listens to the stallion babble. "Mmm... he was appointed by Ktulu then? And yes, the two of 'em seem to do good for this herd, seeing as how long they've kept us a float." Locket smiles, knowing that the two leaders must be doing the best they can muster, for it is they who keep the Foothills together, who hold it's weight upon their backs.

The stallion speaks again, a pleasure it was to meet Locket, as he states. But his mind does wander to the panda-faced executioner's accent. He wondered if had said his name was Locket or Rocket. Smiling with a humorous glint in his eye, the stallion tilts back his crown a little to laugh. This was not the first instance in which someone has asked him about this matter, wondering if his name was Locket or Rocket. Clearing himself of his laughter the stallion opens his pale kissers and explains. "The first, I'm sorry if I cause you trouble the way I speak. The latter is due to my accented speech." The steed simply smiles now, still snickering to himself inside his head as he walked beside the stallion.

"talk talk talk"

And we stood tall,
What we lived for.
dctim1.flickr

Adoptable

Solace could hear the acid in his companion’s voice, and he couldn’t blame him. Part of him blamed the Basin as well, but he knew the Grey had also agreed to the contract, so the dead herd had some of the fault on themselves. There weren’t any words he could offer to the orange stallion so he remained silent, allowing him to process the information. This would be far more of a blow to him than it ever was to Solace, he hadn’t been a part of the Grey long enough to feel devoted to its leaders. The Foothills was his herd, and Apollo and Phaedra were the ones he pledged loyalty to, they were the remnants of the Grey that had devotion to stay amongst them when the herd needed them most.

As Solace began to patrol with the other stallion he listened to his words. He praised and then gave criticism to the green draft. Criticism didn’t bother him in the slightest, Solace shrugged a bit. “I know… I’m no fine warrior, so I try to help in a way I can best.” And for him, that was recruiting. Despite his size and build, Solace never was a warrior at his core, but he tried his best. In his childhood he had been a peaceful traveler, seeking but adventure and seeing the world. Bloodshed and brawling hadn’t ever appealed to him, but since arriving in Helovia many things had changed. It wasn’t bloodshed or glory that had appealed to him, but the protection of his herd. That was why he walked the path he did. “You make a point.” He said in response, that was all he had to say on the matter. Solace didn’t feel the need to explain his chose in actions.

“Yes, after Ophelia left Ktulu appointed him. Phaedra was then appointed by Apollo after Ktulu left,” Solace explained. Both leaders had the highest of respect from the earthy giant. He knew they were trying their best to revive what was dying, and that was no easy task to be placed upon their shoulders. Leadership was a heavy burden that Solace didn’t particularly desire.

The orange stud explained himself, and his interesting accent. Solace was glad the stallion took his confusion with laughter, some could’ve gotten offended by his blunt question. “There is no need to apologize brother.” Solace said giving him a genuine smile. “You’re not the only one that roams this land with an accent.” His mind drifted to the fiery mare Brighid and her peculiar tongue.

[Sorry for the wait @[Locket]
Image Credits

As the two strode together, Locket was content that he had someone to walk beside him, so he was not to be alone as he normally was. A smile was constantly spread across his pale kissers as he and Solace patrolled side by side, keeping one another's company. "You make a point." Solace's voice hits pale lobes, causing them to flicker and swivel as he looks at Solace. "Mhm, indeed." Locket smiles and chuckles, pleased that his partner agrees with him.

A lullaby of silence sneaks between the herdmates, pale kissers shut for no words were thought of. Locket considered making the first word of their new subject, but Solace snatched it from his grasp, speaking of how Ktulu had appointed Apollo once the Forsaken had gone her own way, and how the Merciful brought the Opulent to Chieftess. Nodding his head in understanding, Locket smiles, his accented words flowing fluently through the air. "I will trust the Sister's choices then, and follow without question. Do you do the same already, brother?"

After Locket's explanation of his accent, Solace simply responds with, “you’re not the only one that roams this land with an accent.” Confusedly the Warrior, cocks his head, a sign he does not know of the one Solace speaks of. "Why, who else walks this land and talks with an accent?" Locket was curious, wishing to meet this mentioned steed. Maybe they could converse and joke about others not understanding their speech. What a time that would be. A gentle chuckle resounds from the core of the sooty man, as he smiles to himself and turns his head to gaze out over the Foothills. "I've missed this place." He sighs, the memories of the invasion and after flooding through his mind, his sparring with the great Dauntless, his becoming an Executioner, and the pride of joining the Grey. The soft sigh brushes through the wind, reminding the pale faced stud of the day he left the Grey behind, the day he last saw the Grey before vanishing to the unknown.

"talk talk talk"

And we stood tall,
What we lived for.
dctim1.flickr

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia

Parelia
I've gotta fight today, To live another day, Speakin' my mind today

‘What a perfect day for a good run.’ Parelia thought as she grabbed a last drink from the stream before turning towards the wide open land before her. Her tail rose proudly following her proud Arabian blood, letting the wind blow through her long cream and teal streaked tail. Her dainty dished head was also raised searching for any sign of danger before setting out on her daily run. The area cleared of danger she set out, half rearing with excitement she plunged through the field. Her legs found their rhythm as they struck out lightly pounding the ground. The cremello paint knew she was a fitness nut but didn’t turn from it, instead embraced it loving the fact she was young and healthy. As she topped a rise she could see two other horses in the distance.

She didn’t recognize the two, but she had the wind in her favor and could clearly smell the two stallions were of her family. ‘Should I just leave them be?’ She thought curiously, but the prospect of meeting to more of her family was just too exciting for her. She let out a welcoming whinny and trotted down the hill towards the two stallions. Her tail and head raised high as she approached them a warm bright smile plastered on her delicate features. She kept her cream and teal feathered wings close to her lithe Arabian frame. As she halted in front of the two she halted a few feet away and dipped her head keeping her cremello ears pointed towards them. “Sorry to intrude, I just couldn’t help meeting more of my family. I am Parelia, it is a pleasure to meet you.” Her light happy voice cut off as she waited for their response. They were both much taller than she, but she wasn’t concerned. ‘Why would I worry about my family?’ She thought dismissively her azure eyes roving over the two. She thought she had heard of the green feathered stallion, but she was at a complete lose about whom the chestnut stallion was.

-----------------------------------
Speech Thoughts
Words: 361
OOC: Hope ya’ll don’t mind me jumping in; I’ll skip out of its messing anything up.

[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Adoptable
Solace listened to the orange stallion as he spoke. He simply nodded, not giving much more than that to Locket’s response. There was truly no need to draw out unnecessary words. After he spoke, Locket spoke another question toward him. “Yes,” Solace responded. “I respect both of our leaders, and to be quite honest, I wasn’t here when Ophelia rule, and Ktulu left a short time after I arrived. So ever since I’ve joined the Foothills, Apollo has been the Chief.” The Merciful was an admirable leader, hence his own ability to follow with such devotion. There was almost nothing Solace wouldn’t do for the sake of his homeland.

Locket threw yet another question at the earthy draft, this time about the others that roam the herdland with peculiar speech. “I believe her name is Brighid. She is a chestnut Pegasus accented with gold.” He hadn’t seen the mare since bringing her from the Threshold. Oh how he hoped his recruiting hadn’t been in vain and she lingered. The Foothills didn’t need fair-weather members or flighty fools, they needed strong and loyal members. Most Solace brought back with him appeared as though they were both.

He was pulled from his melanchioly thoughts by Locket’s words. A smile passed over his lips and he chuckled softly. This place had an uncomparable beauty that Solace had come to simply adore. Nothing would be home like this place. Another voice spoke, it wasn’t the one of his companion. He looked over at the winged mare and studied her for a long moment. Nothing about her was particularly familiar, but he smiled and dipped his head. “Don’t worry sister, you’re not intruding.” Solace said good-naturedly, “I am Solace, and this is Locket. We’re just patrolling the borders. I won’t speak for my companion, but I am more than fine with you joining us on the patrol.”

Although he wasn’t particularly fond of crowds, he saw no harm in adding one more to their little conversation. Perhaps she could keep them from falling into the frequent silences that seemed to form. Well, the decision was up to Locket, and he seemed like a sociable enough stallion, so Solace would be rather shocked if he turned away the other mare, who only seemed to desire company.

@[Parelia] @[Locket]