the Rift

[PRIVATE] so much for a happy ending.

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark
Catch your dreams before they slip away
Ashamed that I hadn't come to terms with Kri, I fled the Throat after realizing my love had followed me there. I was afraid to show my face now that I've failed her. I beat my wings, flying to the corner of Helovia, the Fields, tucked away behind the Foothills. My hawk like appendages beat the air heavily, my legs tucked against my gut as I soar, my forelegs slipping forward to slice through the air. My forelegs tense as I slide down, my wings tucked loosely as I spiral to the ground, opening my wings only moments before contacting the ground.

My knees bend to much and I fall forward, my landing causing the ground to rumble in a horrendous groan. My wings flail helplessly at my sides as I struggle to turn over. Ears held back, I snort and shake my mane free of grasses. My golden body is smeared with try grass and dirt, making my shining coat less... shining. Flicking my ears back, I lower my head and let out a silent cry of hatred. I hate myself, failing my family like that. I hadn't even gotten Destry back from the Basin. She was probably there, being tortured by those prick headed bastards.

Laying myself down, I watch the sun sink below the horizon, my tears falling after the sun, chasing it down the line of earth. I drop my head, knowing the Sun is likely shunning me for being such an idiot. I take in broken breathes, my tears causing me to choke. What is my worth? I wonder to myself, looking at the stars as they shine so bright. What was I made for? What is my purpose? You don't have a purpose, my own voice spits back, anger flaring up in my heart. I smack my thigh with my tail, my ears laid back.

"Azzaron being pissed off."

ooc: @[Delinne] && @[Azarel] && @[Destry]
word count: 311
Credits
"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
Ulrik the Engineer

At the top of the world with nothing but air. Ulrik's cloven hooves pushed him up the narrow, rocky path with ease, thick muscles sliding easily beneath his charcoal fur. He had not been here before and that was a tragedy, especially with this being one of nature's great and glorious designs. As his head broke through the barrier of the clouds, he looked out over the clean, grassy meadow. While this place was lovely, it would be hell for battle. The sheer cliffs offered a danger to this beauty, a warning to all to beware the siren's call of the loveliness of art without function.

At least, that was what he gathered from the place. He would never be able to emulate something so organic and beautiful, but maybe that was a good thing. What he made was more brutal than this, and he would never have the softness to make the grass so sweet. And, it was sweet. He eagerly ate since the Basin's thick, hardy straw was less than appetizing on most days - still, it did the trick in keeping the entire lot healthy.

The sun began to drop beneath the horizon and the temperature with it, and he watched, knowing that going back down the narrow path now would be much too dangerous. For the evening, he was stuck here.

- rustle -

And it seemed as if he was not alone. The Engineer moved closer, the glint of his metallic eyes mad now that he realized he was not in the sanctity of his own space. What he saw was ironic. The same stallion he and Deimos had kept trapped in the Basin, the same stallion who had corrupted the mare, Delinne, was laying in his own filthy, dirty and groaning. Was it not Ulrik who said that he was going to die there? That his life was forfeit? Perhaps his words held some sort of prophecy, because this certainly seemed like a consequence of escaping captivity.

"Well, well, well... if it isn't you...." he trailed, grinning in a way that flashed his ivory teeth, pale against his black lips. "What to do with you...." Oh, he had so many ideas, and they were alone here in the darkness. He was excited, beside himself with the possibilities. Ulrik wanted to make this creature into a machine....

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Nikkayla

[[ permission to use magic next post?? :D ]]

@[Azzaron]