the Rift

Determined Journey into the Unknown (Open)

Tatum Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Tatum was exhausted from her days travel. She was nervously walking in the woods. As lost and afraid is she was she wouldn't give up. Because deep inside she knew that she was destined for something great. But even with all her determination she felt like a fish in an unending sea. A small fish all alone in an vast expanse of water quaking with fear and overwhelmed by the loneliness. The mare was craving an companion or a friend to help her on her excursion. Someone to help her and guide her through this storm.
Tatum's mane was a mass of knots, like her life was at that moment. Tangled and confusing. Her sleek coat was caked with a mixture of dirt, mud, and pine needles. The rain made it all into a thick gooey paste that was sure to prove as a struggle when tying to get it out. She jumped startled by how close the thunder sounded. She was truly miserable. She was hungry, tired, and homeless, and now it's raining. How much worse could it possibly get? She trudged on. Stumbling over logs and roots and unconsciously rubbing against trees with her shoulder or flank. All she could think is 'When would this end?'.
Then she came across a steep hill. She could either go back the way she came or muster all her strength and climb it. Tatum wasn't used to the velocity if the trees and underbrush or the steep terrain. For she was used to wide open fields with mas amounts of wild flowers thrown across the land. Where the ground was even and perfect for cantering with friends, well if she had any. Tatum sighed as her lonesome brown eyes searched the scene around her. Then with determination wrapped around her heart she started pushing up the hill. Huffing and puffing all the way. Her mud-caked hooves slipped and slided in the slick pine needles; making Tatum work twice as hard to do this task. Then with a final powerful push from her legs she was all the way up it. Self pride swarmed around her heart making the world just a little more bearable. She suddenly shot her head straight up in the air, hitting an low branch with her head and getting a bucket full of water droplets on her already wet face. Tatum had caught a whiff if something or someone. It was another horse. It had to be. But with all the rain she quickly lost the scent. So Tatum carried on her trip to who knows where alone. Or was she?

[Image: bcd466ac-de92-40cf-b378-0f03e5de2bf0_zps846e9199.jpg]

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable

The pale lips worked furiously as Locket walked in the pouring rain, his words jumbled sentences of a large rant. He had originally planned to grab a new recruit and run back to the Foothills before the storm hit, but he didn't think it would hit this soon. Flattening his ears, his white lobes flicker as a loud boom and rumble echoed from the sky. The once bouncy, curly hair of the Executioner was now a soggy mass dragging behind him. Snorting and shaking his head to free his skin of the rain, he urges himself on.

The densely wooded area wasn't something Locket was used to, he preferred the open plain of his home, the rolling hills and the occasional tree to provide shade. There was the occasional cave as well, which was good during Frostfall. Smiling, the sooty stallion hears the sound of hooves, the sound of hooves retracting from mud. Locket is just in time to watch a palomino mare climb up a steep hill, her lower legs lathered in mud. He nods his horned head, his pale kissers opening to release an accented voice. "M'lady, that was quite a hill you climbed there."

He took a pause in his words and inhaled, her scent washed away by the rain. He had held in his laughter when he watched her shoot her head straight up and smack a branch, thinking that would be cruel to a mare he had only just met. "What wonderful weather we're having yes?" Locket says sarcastically, a moment of cheesy smiles hops to his kissers before fading. "I'm Locket, Warrior of the Foothills." Rocket, he stated his name as, as always happens when he speaks. His accent always swapped l for an r, which made some words hard to say. He simply stood and smiled at the mare, a warm welcoming smile in a time of cold Tallsun rain.

"talk talk talk"

I wrestled long with my youth,
We tried so hard to live the truth,
But do not tell me all is fine,
When I lose my head, I lose my spine.

Locket talk :: L = R

Tatum Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
She looked back at the direction of the stallions voice. she gazed at him for a second, trying to catch up with what was happening. "Locket huh?" Tatum started. She looked up through the trees at the mass of clouds overhead. "Yes the weather is simply divine. I couldn't have asked for anything better." she answered sarcastically. She was naturally someone who needs a little sarcasm in every conversation.
Then she shook, unsuccessfully trying to gain a few seconds of relief from the pouring rain. Tatum flinched as another burst of lightning exploded nearby. The forest floor vibrated from the impact, startled the mare jumped. Her muscles remained tense for just a second before relaxing again.
Then, remembering that she was in the presence of a stranger Tatum looked back at her company. Her curious brown eyes searched the stallion for anything she should be alarmed about, but found nothing except for maybe his pointed horn. He looked strong, but she didn't see him as someone she should be alarmed about. He didn't seem like the kind of horse who would hurt her. She then said " I'm Tatum," then looking down the hill she gasped and took a small step back as she gazed down the monstrous slope. Just looking at it made her queasy.Her body was aching and she felt like she couldn't take another step. She couldn't believe she climbed that thing. It was huge! Then Tatum sighed and rested her eyes on Locket once more. Even though she didn't see him as a threat she suddenly had her guard up.