the Rift

» punching in a dream II [open]

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

It has been too long. I was not fulfilling my duties. Once a season I promised. I did not deserve this, Father Earth must be disappointed. I guess I had forgotten when Evers left, I seemed to even forget what life was worth living for. I was back to not even thinking about him, after that day I went to the Heart and nearly jumped in. A shudder slithers down my spine, wings rattling off my sides where they were tucked neatly. I push them out and soar into the air, wind blowing my hair back lazily and sending it astray.

The last time I had (tried) to visit him was with Apollo, I believe two seasons ago. He didn't arrive and I felt bad because I wanted Apollo to meet The God of the Earth. The wind prickles my skin and I grin. I feel so weightless and free, dangling by nothing, suspended and aloft by my star spangled wings. I twirl in the air, an art, a dance as I do so so breathlessly. I momentarily forget about my pain when I am truly free - I pity those who are not winged, who can not feel the wind rushing past them, who can never feel the suspense of being dangled in the air. It must be terrible, but it can't be too bad since they have never experienced before so they don't know what they're missing out on. But I still pity them, even if they are racist or undeserving. Because everyone is deserving of true freedom.

As I reach the heart of the Foothills, I lower myself down to the ground with a light thud, breaking into a trot. My mane bounces against my neck, tucking my wings in against my frame as I move towards my pool. The gems glitter brightly under the bright sun, heat emanating down upon her and causing a thin layer of sweat to build up on her pelt. She slows to a walk, approaching the pool slowly and gazing at her reflection for a long while. "I am sorry I am not living up to what I promised." I whisper, guilt crushing my voice as the sadness threatens to overpower me, constantly poking at the back of my mind. There is silence for a long time, golden eyes vacant before lighting up when I speak up again. "I know it is belated, but I am so happy to have you, and the other Gods back..." I murmur, "So many of us were lost without you."

Even if he doesn't come, all I want is for him to hear me. To know that someone is listening.

IRRYDAE
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes

credits
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The water of the pool gently began to spin, as if being sucked down by some force at the bottom. As the height in the center lowered, the broad back of the God became visible, as did his large wings. The rest of him appeared almost inflated beneath the waters glossy surface, as if his body had not yet formed, but was instead still being pieced together. Indeed that was the case, and as his earthen core pulled the components of himself out of the water, the swirling grew faster and faster, as the God began to look more and more solid.

Eventually, the waves ceased and the water level calmed, leaving the God fully materialized in the pool. The cool water felt good upon his ancient bones, and so he made no effort to leave. His kind gaze peered at Irry, as water gently sloshed against his neck. "It seems we have both been absent, Storyteller." He remarked kindly, as beads of water dropped from his tangled beard. He had never appointed a Storyteller before, who at some point or another, did not vanish. But he could not blame them - their lives, mortal lives, were so short and fleeting. He would not fault them for seeking some joy, aside from the responsibilities of their positions. "I am glad that you have come, Irrydae. I have a message for you to deliver."

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

Bicolored tail swished patiently, golden eyes peering at the water where the God had last appeared. I do not expect him to come, I expect him to become angry at me for my absence - but then I remember he is The God of the Earth. He does not get angry. And for that, I am thankful.

Slowly, as if a whirlpool, the water started to spin. A smile grew on the Storyteller's face, cranium raising and wings fluttering excitedly which caused stardust to slowly fall around her. I watch his body appear and form from the very components of the water and I marveled at him, awe struck even though I had seen it before. Once the water calmed, Father Earth remained in the deep pool, up to his neck. I smile at him kindly, golden eyes twinkling in the bright sun, "Father Earth." I say happily, a low sigh slipping past my lips. 'It seems we have both been absent, Storyteller.' The corners of my mouth turn down slightly and my head lowers, "I am dearly sorry, I will make sure to return to a regular schedule." I say. "I went through a.. rough time and it's still hard for me. But that is no excuse."I say quietly, gazing into his warm eyes. 'I am glad that you have come, Irrydae. I have a message for you to deliver. A message? I smile, in hopes that it would be a good message. "I will happily relay your message, to the herd I assume?" I murmur softly and wait patiently.

@[Tamme]

IRRYDAE
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes

credits
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The God smiles warmly, and nods towards the star-kissed mare. He can read the pain etched onto her heart all too clearly, and he is saddened by it. The love that mortals feel, while likely the strongest emotion that they are likely to experience, all too often leaves irreparable wounds upon their being. Still, he believed the mare when she said she would put forth more effort.

"Yes, if you would. There are a few amongst the Foothills who crave the ability to mould the earth around them, for the benefit of the herd. While I am undecided about one, I have made a decision about the other. Solace - the warrior who frequents the threshold? He came to me the other day, by the sea. His heart strikes me as one that could become a warrior just as easily as a Mason and yet...Yet I think this is where his preferences lay. I have given him the ability to craft and shape stone, but neither Apollo nor Phaedra know of this yet. Call them together, Storyteller, and let them know what I have decided. The next time you come to the pool, bring Solace with you so I can evaluate how both of you are doing."