the Rift

[OPEN] !! Canvas

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
The last time she had come here she had found comfort. No, Res had not seen any of the Gods that others had spoken of, nor had she seen the protector of the Edge, the Moon Goddess. But, the shifting of the winds, the way that they had brushed over her flesh and combed through her hair. She had asked for a sign that things might be alright, and perhaps they would now.

So, she had come again. To pray, to be silent. She didn't know if she would be answered, she doubted she would. But, she wanted to find a way to heal. Herbs wasn't always enough. She knew that from all of the deaths of those who had been close to her. If she had had a way to save them, she would have used it. Perhaps she wouldn't be as broken as she was now.

And, it was with no skip in her step that she ascended these rocks toward the shrines, bowing her head to pray. Healing, a way to help the Edge no matter what. And, so she felt the reassuring glass against her leg - her gift from Kahlua - and the comforting weight of the lock pendent around her neck. She wasn't completely alone anymore, but she still felt useless. A trembling sigh escaped her maw as her eyes slid shut. She prayed for a way to heal. She prayed for a way to help her family. She prayed for a gift that it seemed others possessed in these lands. She prayed for the ability to fully accept her life...

Using my other VOTG pass
Sorry for doing this at the same time, just wanted to get these knocked out.
She is hoping to quest for
::[Magic: Light x Earth | When she sings, her hair grows so that it is long enough to wrap around the injury of herself/said person, and once the hair has created a wrap it will glow and heal the wound]

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The Goddess appeared, as if stepping out of a dream. The idle Tallsun winds seemed to stir and grow cold - their focal point appearing out of a sliver of white light, that seemed to grow as the breeze intensified. While the air grew colder, it was not unpleasant. It was crisp and refreshing in this brutal heat that her brother had cascaded over the land, and while he may endure burning and fire, she was not about to let perspiration dampen her lush coat. From an ooze of silvery fog, the Goddess' form slowly appeared from the air, as if being drawn and coaxed out of the smoke itself. Lavishly, she turned her head upwards, as her dainty hooves lightly touched down upon the stone, followed by the rest of her lithe, lavender form. Her wings were folded delicately at her sides, yet each of her movements, while distinctly feminine, were still calculated and powerful. Her leonine tail flicked as the point of light suddenly vanished, yet a cool breeze still swirled around the two mares, blowing a silvery haze, very similar to that which covered the Edge.

"Hello child." The Goddess greeted with a sly smile. Even in the light of day, the dark beauty appeared to be covered in shadows, as if even her brother's brilliant light could not fully penetrate her darkness. "You know who I am surely. But who are you, daughter of the Edge? And why have you come?" Her head tilted with the slightest interest in what the girl had to say - but her patience would only carry so far.

Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
The heat seems to disappear, and it is that which causes the claybank mare to realize she was no longer alone. She lifted her head and her eyes shot open as she peered around, prancing a bit to the side as she watched the fog settle in. But it was the fog that caused her to relax. It was just like the Edge, and the cool wind reminded her of the calming fingers that had brushed her hair and given her a small sense of purpose that had taken here to where she was now.

It is then, that a form appears. It is one of beauty and grace that could not be gifted to anyone except the Moon Goddess herself. The light she had formed in was now waning, leaving them with just the fog and the cool air. She said hello, a smile gracing her lips as her form was accented with the shadows of the night she controlled so well. Res shifted her weight, trying to stand up a little taller, bowing her head in welcoming as she attempted to keep her frame from trembling in shock.

A tilt of the head after the Goddess had questioned who she was and why she had come. A gentle flick of Res's ear as she felt her limbs start to tremble, hair moving in waves with it. "Madam... I hadn't expected..." she paused, attempting to gather her nerves and place them aside. "Resplendence, my name is Resplendence madam..." Another pause, with a swallow as the claybank mare finally lifted her head, meeting the mare's gaze for only a few seconds at a time, though still meeting it to show some respect. "I came to see if there was a way to help my family, your family, more in the realm of healing. It's all I'm good at..." she said, her voice wavering just a little from shock that the Goddess had actually appeared before her, but otherwise managing to keep most of her composure. The weight of the bracelet and the pendent kept her steadied. And so, she managed a tiny breath in to stop all of her muscles from trembling, allowing the fog to relax her and rid her of the worries that had appeared with the Goddess's sudden arrival.

Maybe she'd finally be able to help.

395 words

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The lavender, svelte form of the goddess stood proudly in front of the mare with a single ear, and her ancient, wise silver eyes looked down with unveiled scrutiny. Her gaze was heavy and harsh, frightening even to contrast her beauty. The Sun God had his temper and the Time God was a dick, but the Moon Goddess held her own darkness that rarely emerged from the confines of her soul - such was her self control and manipulative ways.

"The balance of nature does not permit healing without a price," she replied, staring deeply at Resplendence.

Was that anger in her silver eyes?

"Why is it then that you come to see my brother, claiming to aide those in my herd?" she asked, her words unnaturally sharp and her lips whispering shadows and darkness. The sun seemed to fade from the sky, dark clouds thundering over head as a whistling wind picked up from the north, bitter and cold.

Resplendence
come and watch over me like the pale moonlight

There was a darkness that fell in the Goddess's gaze. A scrutiny Res hadn't felt since entering these lands. The idea that she wasn't worthy of anything from her appearances had led to her being the brunt of many taunts in her life in her past lands. It had started to break her then, and with the Goddess scrutinizing her now she felt the control from the weighted pendants slowly dissipating

The gorgeous form spoke of the balance of nature, and Res listened closely, nodding her head as she attempted to swallow, wetting her mouth again. But, the orbs that Res were meeting were not of kindness. No, it almost seemed like anger. She shifted uncomfortably, "I-I under-understand..." she whispered, choking on her words as she felt her legs begin to tremble again.

Oh, this was more nerve racking than she had expected. And then, suddenly, the words from the Goddess's mouth made it sound as if she was acting in a treasonous manner. Her eyes widened, taking in the complete darkness that seemed to surround the world she was in as she peered up toward her, feeling smaller than ever.

Cautiously, she attempted to fix her stance, jaw clenching an unclenching as she attempted to stop the nervous tremors that were spread across her frame. "Madam... If you are accusing me of treason that is far from what I am doing..." A pause, to gain herself. "Where I came from, healing is done from light. I mean no disrespect, and if I can heal from your graces it would be an honour. I just... I want to save people. I know that it will come with a price but I cannot watch anyone else I care for die right before my eyes when I have no ability to do anything to try and ease their suffering... to try and save them..." Her voice trembled, and her eyes darted from the ground back up to the Goddess continuously.

She just needed to be calm. But, being calm seemed impossible with the way the Goddess was staring her down...

When I'm ready to fall
With love

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the MOON

Moon god like quote here~

The Moon Goddess seemed to grow in size from her delicate surface to a menacing darkness. She almost sneered, but the expression was soon hidden beneath her sphynx-like mask of cold calm and disturbing lack of emotion. When the mare was quite done making her excuses, the goddess took a single step forward, looming in the moonless night she had created to blot out the day.

"You want to heal those in my herd with the light?" she hissed, blinking while her pupilless, liquid silver eyes seemed to turn hard as stone. "If you wish your magic, child, your magic of light and healing, then you must leave my herd," she demanded, ears pinning back against her skull tightly.

"Leave and do not come back. I do not care where you go. If you change your mind and want a more suitable magic for those under my protection, then I may be bothered to listen." The goddess started to turn slightly transparent as the wind blew through her figure, scattering her solidity. "Consider that your... quest."

[[In order to get her light magic, she has to leave the World's Edge!]]

CREDITS

Resplendence
come and watch over me like the pale moonlight

The Goddess was hissing. She was so mad. Resplendence couldn't understand it. This was all of her family. Everyone in the Edge was her family. Magic without them would be worthless.

She spoke of how my magic was not for her herd. Res choked, her air seeming to stop. And that was when she saw the wind. That was right! It was not only dark magic which she controlled, but the gentle caress of the wind. And, as she saw the Goddess start to disappear, telling her that leaving her only family was her quest her voice seemed to come back. "WAIT! PLEASE!" She called, her frame still trembling but it not filling her voice.

This Goddess did not care for Res's personal reasons, that much was apparent. But, she said if it was a more suitable magic perhaps she would listen. Res could not bear to leave those she loved - she might as well die than never see the only friends and family she ever had again. "What if the wind replaced the light - the gentle caress of the winds are sources of healing - or... It could drain my energy, allowing the darkness..." She trembled, just a little. And, before speaking again she swallowed, to allow herself to speak. "I will do anything, just don't make me leave the only family I have left..."

So, Resplendence stood, waited, and watched at the form that was beginning to turn transparent in the wind - hoping and pleading that there might be another way to gain a healing magic that wouldn't go away should an invasion such as the one in the past happen and leave them all outcasted without the protection of the Goddess herself anymore...

When I'm ready to fall
With love