the Rift

Oh, baby I've been wanderin' {open}

Boa Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Boa
Don't forget I am here for you

A white mare weaved through the trees, her past flaring in her mind. She didn't even realize the different land that she had once lived in and wandered in. Not even the new sounds. She had always been so observant. But not today. Now her mind was all bundled up with the past and thoughts of her herd now. How were they? Was there a battle in the time she had left? Was her brother still alive leading a healthy and strong life? The pale mare missed her parents and her beloved brother. Her old life... ah, if she could go back... she would still be sad. Her parents would be dead she would have to be the older one in the family and take care of her brother when he was weak or had a cold. Thankfully before she left she had found a close relative to take care of him.

Was there others here? And if there was where were they? Boa wanted to meet them so badly. She hated being alone and sad without anyone to talk to. "Hello? is there anyone here?" Was there anyone in the new land? Or was is waste beyond this forest dappled with light through the canopies. She wanted to know so badly. But she knew she had to wait. She had to wait for a response of a voice. Or at least a sign of life. Because so far she had hardly heard a peep. Now she waited ears pricked for even the chirp of a small mouse among the undergrowth. But heard nothing.

Now, she thought she would cry. Right on the spot. But something held her back. The mare took a step into the light streaming from a hole in the thick canopy. She repeated some of her words."Hello?" she blinked flashing blue eyes around the clearing. The yearn in her eyes growing more and more.

"Boa speech."

Table help by the wonderful Imi!

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
A lone man loved by none:

How long can he live?

Days had passed since his last encounter with a silvery stallion by the name of Beowulf, and Torleik had wandered to the Threshold again. So many seemed to be coming through lately and he felt perhaps he could make their passage a little simpler by providing them information. Leaning down to drink at the stream he had previously shown Beowulf and Arah days before, his ears flicked up when he heard a voice call out. Irelyn clicked her beak in suspicion and he sent a gentle, commanding calm to her through their bond.

Lifting his head, Torleik made his way towards the voice, spotting a pristinely white mare in the trees some distance off. "You are not alone," he called out to her, trying to sound reassuring and not threatening. "Are you lost?" She was not a unicorn, and he could not confidently offer her a home with him in the Basin. Still...he could help her not feel so alone.

It was the most lonely thing in the world, waiting to be found.

Credits: Image by Eagle
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Unregistered
Boa

Boa flicked her ear as she had noticed a click. Not far off. Had someone been following her? No. She would have smelled them earlier. She had been wondering this forest for not so long, so but she still believed there was someone there. The click sounded as if from a bird. But it was more... sharp, tight.

She looked around the clearing once again, only to hear a new voice call out to her. "You are not alone" it spoke. A stallion. Boa had hoped for a mare, but his voice sounded more gentle than most. So, hopefully he would be nice. Even though his voice was deep, it sounded strong. The mare wanted to know how it got so deep. It sounded handsome. Maybe he was handsome. She hoped so.

Seeing his apelt pelt made her smile at him warmly. For she had loved the dark color. Even though she was the opposite of his beautiful shade. The horns atop his head were natural to her herd. She was just not born with that kind of thing. Not even one.

She looked into his sky blue eyes and he spoke in words like silk, but they were deeper and smoother than anything she could imagine. "Are you lost?" his concerned words made her freeze. She hadn't been lost, well, she was... she didn't know. What would she say in response? Nothing? Would she just let it go? No.

"I- uh, I don't know" she stumble praying he didn't care for a stumbling mare of natural color.

Then there it was, the thing that had snapped it's beak earlier. It's beady eyes were cute, but not desired from the mare. All she wanted to know what it was and it's name. It seemed like a beautiful thing. But she just didn't understand... why it had a tail like that?

The mare noticed she was staring at it. She didn't want to be ruse so she pulled her stares away from the creature at back to the handsome man's cobalt eyes. They pierced her heart with hope that maybe he had a herd that he was willing to share with her.

"Boa speech."
|Ooc Sorry I can't get the text shadow right!

Unregistered
(Bump?)

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
Some days Arrane would wander off into the forest to think about things, while looking for horses in need of a herd. There was never a day that went by where he didn't think of his beloved siblings, especially his two sisters that meant so much to him. His heart ached every so often for his home, sometimes scolding him on why he had left it. But here, living in the Windtossed Foothills, Arrane had no regrets and was content with his new brethren. But in the depths of his mind, was there some way to ever reunite with Willeow and Leila?

His thoughts were broken today, when he heard a mare's voice call out in the forest. The white stallion's eyes filled with emotion, hearing such a desolate tune to her voice. It was a call of lonesomeness. Lifting up his head, Arrane nickered in response to the mare's voice, trotting cautiously to where he had heard her. Another call rang out, and sounded a little more desperate. Was she in trouble? Or was it the need of someone to comfort her in times of sadness. Arrane didn't know her, or even what she looked like yet, but he wanted to offer his shoulder to lean on.

Racing towards her voice, the white stallion gently slowed down when he heard familiar masculine vocals. Tolreik. He seemed to be bumping into him a lot, but the stallion didn't mind. "Hello, Miss", Arrane introduced himself, with a concerned tone, gazing at another Arabian female, like him, with cobalt blue eyes. Meeting her deep eyes with his cyan orbs, he respectfully dipped his head to her and Tolreik. "M'lady, if you are in need of a caring family, and a safe haven to call home, I have one to offer. I also offer friendship, and brothers and sisters to call yours", he spoke once again, referring to his wonderful herd mates.

Arrane was still concerned to why she was so saddened, and it pierced his heart to see someone with such a depressing look. She seemed to look to Tolreik with delighted eyes, and seeing a happier look brightened up the white stallion somewhat. He had always been affected by other equines moods, and the more joyful they looked, the happier he felt.

//sorry for the crap post ^^"

Torleik

How long can he live?

The mare seemed...ill at ease with him and Torleik realized this was becoming a recurring theme when meeting new souls. He didn't think he was so frightening as to be unsettling, but perhaps he was. That was unfortunate. The rabicano stallion was not often in possession of intent to harm anyone, and more often than not, simply wanted to help. She said she wasn't sure if she was lost, and that she was looking for a home; he frowned, knowing he couldn't give her one. Why? Because the unicorns didn't like others? Because the equines didn't like unicorns? It was all so foolish, such ire and dislike founded on baseless prejudice over appearance.

Appearances were nothing; substance mattered.

Returning to the present, he tried to smile but noted the mare was staring perhaps at his shoulder. A glance back told him her eyes were locked on Irelyn, who was gazing back curiously. "That is Irelyn, an owl griffin," he said gently. "And I am Torleik. What is your name?" he queried. "Unfortunately, I cannot offer you shelter where I live but..." Torleik began, but trailed as he noted Arrane's arrival. "But this one can," the dual-horned stallion finished, stepping back to let Arrane recruit.

The unicorn knew that addressing equines in the Threshold presented problems since he could not properly aid them how he wished to, but he couldn't simply leave them alone and wandering.

No man is an island.

Unregistered
Boa

Yes, this was the place of a new home. She could feel the faraway presence of others. There was way for on this land of equine. She hoped to meet all. Unicorns, Pegasi, she had already met a unicorn, right here. He stood in front of her. No words as a silent moment passed between them.

The other stallion had spoke, it seemed a response to her previous staring, at that birdlike creature. "That is Irelyn, an owl griffin." His voice was so strong. "And I am Torleik. What is your name?" Boa waited a moment for him to get the words out, then she spoke her words. "I go my the name of Boa. Nothing else sir—er, Torleik." She paused not wanting to blabber. He spoke again, "unfortunately, I cannot offer you shelter where I live but..." his voice trailed off as he noticed the stallion's arrival. "But, this one can" he finished slightly stepping back.

Then, another voice spoke. "Hello miss." It was of a stallion. He had come out for nowhere. But, he was handsome... Boa stopped herself from thinking of it. But he silently met her eyes, he studied them. She watched his cyan orbs. A beautiful shade she must say. He was of the clouds color, like her. Arabian. A respectful dip of the head towards her and the unknown stallion's name. He then spoke more of those words of silk. "M'lady, if you are in need of a caring family, and a safe haven to call home, I have one to offer. I also offer friendship, and brothers and sisters to call yours". The stallion was offering friendship? How kind. His eyes seemed mysterious. Different from others she had met. But she knew that he was like any other.

Boa Speak

Hidden Account
Orinthia
A little breeze tossed Arrane's mane about, brushing it slightly into his eyes. He stood there, watching the scene unfold, and the unfamiliar mare. Tolriek adressed him, and for once, Arrane felt a glimmer of hope when with the man. He had insulted him once, with Brisa, referring to him as a boy. He was a warrior, but with a big heart, that only wanted to protect. Of course his youthful age did make him be a little bit uncertain of descicions, but he still thought like an adult, the adult that he was.

Turning his head to the mare, she seemed so nervous, and Arrane offered a somewhat helpful smile. "Miss, I didn't catch your name", politely speaking, he stood still watching the unfolding scene. Like poor Brisa, he didn't want the white mare to feel uncomfortable, for it wasn't his goal to scare away others. "And, excuse me for bein rude, but my name is Arrane", of course! He forgot to tell her his name..what an idiot he could be at times.

The mare stood still, silently watching him. He hoped he hadn't offended her, and of course she seemed so lonesome. It was in his best intent to protect her and try to befriend her to ease some pain from what might have been a cause of her previous life. Not wanting to force her to speak, he stallion stood quiet and stone still, but with a friendly gaze to his eyes.

Torleik

How long can he live?

"Boa," he stated, giving her a respectful nod and a small smile. "Well met." She seemed to study Arrane with mute suspicion, and Torleik found that odd. Though he didn't trust the white stallion not to muck things up with his bumbling way of speech, he didn't find the male to be a threat, nor did he assume Arrane was one with ill-intent. It was rather easy to see that the white stallion had a good heart, just not the social skills to put it to best use, perhaps.

But, speech was not easy, and charming, enthralling and impressing others was a practiced skill. Torleik did not have it; he simply worked his way through situations by being polite unless the situation otherwise called for it. "Arrane speaks truth. There are other herds, other homes than mine. You would be well-suited to at least listen, perhaps visit his home and see if it is comfortable for you," the rune-horned stallion offered, trying to spur something to happen.

No man is an island.

Unregistered
Boa

The white stallion spoke, of not "catching" her name. Boa didn't understand his words, but she expected that he didn't get to know it well enough to remember. Something of the sort. She spoke, "Boa" once again. Looking at the white arabian who looked so much like her. It was different to meet someone like that. But she liked it. The things that brought them both together. He had scolded himself for being rude, and Boa, being polite listened to him as he spoke his name. Arrane! A beauty. Boa liked the sound of hit in her ears and her lips. It's slight edge at the end. A beautiful name indeed.

"Boa" Torleik spoke again. "Well met" it seemed these stallions were polite and honest with her. She liked it. No rude looks of argument trying to form like in her old herd. The mare noticed that she had been watching the stallion intently. She didn't mean to. No rudeness would be put into her stare. Just a sincere look of friendship. She hadn't meant it to be rude in any way.

The two then spoke more truth. Torleik took speech in honesty again. About how there were other herds to join, other than the speaking sir. How she could be well suited to at least listen. And maybe consider stay at the home. Boa knew she would go in that second. She wanted to know the herd, Arrane, she wanted know how she could help, improve, joy the clan of horses. Well, if she joins that is.

Boa Speak

Hidden Account
Orinthia
Soft vocals uttered out the slightest word, and the lad's eyes were a lit with a joyous tone. "Boa, it is a pleasure to meet you", and with a smile, he glanced at the Arabian mare again. It was foreign for him to meet another of his breed, and it was awesome in his eyes to meet another Arabian with even the same pelt and similar eye color. Her name was foreign, like the tales he had heard of the fearsome snakes in distant lands that constricted their prey. Beautiful killers. But Boa was just beautiful, not a murderer. In his cyan eyes, she seemed gentle, and kind, un-capable of such atrocities. But her name was still beautiful, and sounded exotic as he internally mouthed it.

The white stallion stood with a faint smile as Torleik mentioned the notion of other herds. He wanted to tell Boa of the tight nit family that he honored so much, and cared for. The white mare seemed to pay him no heed after Torleik spoke to her in kind tones. The unicorn stallion had a kind heart, and was a true unicorn, not letting racism blind him from being friendly to others. Taking the silence as a cue, he urged himself forwards to speak, hoping he wouldn't come onto Boa too fast.

"Miss Boa, if you wouldn't mind, I could tell you more about the place I reside in? I hope it might be of some interest to you?" He politely watched and waited. His tone was kind, and it was better if he asked permission before trudging on and continuing a marathon of blabbering. As he grew more with age, the flirtatiousness was slowly fading along with the passing years. He liked the sense of loyalty he had towards the Foothills, and the place of belonging. Arrane offered another a gentle smile, wondering if he would hear Boa's whispering voice once more.

//my internet is crap right now, so it might be harder to get replies in quickly due to computer issues. >.<

Unregistered
The white arabian spoke in kind words once again to her. A pleasure to meet her eh? Well, it was a pleasure to meet him too. Torleik seemed kind too. Both of them respectful to a mare. A few moments of silence had passed the three as Boa awaited one to talk. She didn't know what to say to any of them. She wanted to know about the tribes, no, herds they lived in. But she stayed quiet.

Arrane then asked her if he could tell her from where he resided. It was an interesting question, but Boa nodded in welcome to his speech to come.

After he had spoke she had decided to go with him. Not life the life of an Outlander. She didn't want to live the life of an animal that lived without family or friends. But she didn't mean it in a harsh way, just that she wanted someone to talk to when she was down, or someone to chat to in the early mornings when the dew was still wet. She just needed companionship. Someone to guide her, welcome her to this land. Maybe life a different life than before.

She had decided she had already loved this new land and what it had given to her. Two new friends and a kind heart. It had changed her life in so many ways. It had made her forget about her scary past of wolves and the death of family.

Hidden Account
Orinthia
Blinking his eyes with a warm smile, he acknowledged the nod of her head to continue on with the conversation, and inform her on what Helovia--on what he had to offer. "I come from a place, not too far, known as the Windtossed Foothills. They are rolling hills filled with plentiful grass and horses that live there, bonded together like a loving family", speaking with wide eyes, they somewhat filled in the gap his past missing family left in him. His two beloved sisters were what mattered most to him, but in a way. something--desperateness, loneliness--drove him away from his old home.

Arrane felt as if he should miss it, and loathed himself for not missing his parents as much as expected, or feeling too much pain...but his sisters constantly plagued his mind for they were the bright jewels of his life. The two fillies constantly made him smile, and brought out the gentle side of the monstrous personality he had created in order to be a fighting machine. Now that those days of blood were over, he felt sane again, and not as rigid and cold as his younger self had once been.

"The reason why I speak so well of my home is because I wanted to invite you to go back with me", friendly tones were accompanied by bright eyes. Would the tired seeming mare accept his offer? She seemed quite quiet and would not mind trying to strike up a conversation with her walking back, that is if she obliged to come along.

Unregistered
The Windtossed foothills a different name, but Boa liked it! The sound of it on her tongue made her want to go there right away. "I like it." she muttered under her breath as she stared down at the ground, then up at Arrane's eyes. "I like it" she said louder so he could hear. She didn't want him think she was ride in any way. The land he spoke of sounded fair, and not a long distance away. Boa liked walking, but not for no reason. She would pass out after too much of it.

She reached up, her head becoming the breeze, she wanted to feel the coolness of it again. It surprisingly came to blow her hair back, over her shoulders and out of her eyes. She smiled happily remembering that the breeze only did that in the Autumn. She liked the cooler season, it felt good after a long time of warmth. She smiled at the thought of it.

Arrane then spoke again, interrupting her thoughts, which was okay because he didn't know. The mare would not go around getting mad when someone interrupted her thoughts, for they did not know. "I would love to come to your land Arrane!" she said cheerfully. Her heart leapt as she watched him with blue eyes. "I love the sound of the Foothills" she whispered to him. Then, looked off into the distance to see a falling leaf. It was a nice hue of orange and red, it fell swiftly from a tree to land on the ground. A flick of Boa's golden dappled ear told Arrane she would be right back, and she shot off past him, towards the first fallen leaf. She picked it up in her teeth, scanning it for any bugs, then, threw her head up into the air, sending the leaf flying up and down, it landed in her hair. She smiled happily as the leaf found a place to rest. The wind still trying to shake it from Boa's hair.

Hidden Account
Orinthia
Averting his gaze away from the lady as he gave her some time to ponder, Arrane gazed at the ground, his mind sinking off into its own world until he heard a faint whisper. Ears pricking up, and eyes focusing back on the white mare, he was stone still. The second time she repeated what she said was more audible, and he smiled a warm smile as blue eyes met each other. A cool breeze softly brushed by, lifting their manes up, out of their eyes. Arrane was quite thankful for the relief of having its annoyance in his eyes. The cold was satisfying, and the stallion longed for the temperature to stay this way instead of gradually getting colder.

Her bright demeanor as she spoke made the stallion's mood lighten up even more as they both looked at each other. A smile appeared on his face, and he gladly walked closer to her, warily to not frighten her. "I'm so glad!", with a cheerful tone, he saw her eyes shift to an orange hued falling leaf. It was beautiful, falling delicately to the ground. "You won't regret making the decision to come", softening up, his voice was almost a mere whisper as he trod up to her with warm orbs. "I have to admit, the color of those leaves are beautiful", he said, still standing at a safe distance from her. Watching it blow about in the chilling breeze, it found its resting place.

Craning his neck down, nostrils blowing dust up from the dirt, he clenched his own leaf gently in his jaws, letting it fly once more in the wind. Arrane almost felt like an excited foal again. Glancing back to Boa, his smile widened. She wanted to come back to the Foothills.

Unregistered
The breeze felt nice under Boa's mane. Blowing her hair back, as well as Arrane's forward. A a beautiful sight, the two, almost twins in the mid-day sun. She smiled at him when they locked eyes for a few moments.
Arrane took a few steps closer to the smaller built equine. She liked the close bond they had already formed. It only took moments together, making the bond stronger. She liked it when he smiled and responded. His eyes cheerful.

He spoke in a satisfied tone. She wouldn't regret her decision eh? Well, that is good. When they had stood Boa straightened her hair by just waving it back so it fell over her shoulders.

Arrane had done the same, throwing the leaf up and into his mane. She smiled back at him when it had landed. She was coming to the foothills to meet his herd! She was so excited! She would now be able to meet new friends and be by Arrane's side all the way. She laughed a girly laugh, then looked down to her hooves, slightly ashamed. She never acted like that around stallions. Was he different from the others. He seemed like it. He seemed better than the others. Somehow.

~Ooc~ I requested Boa to foothills mare! :) Exited!