the Rift

snap, crackle and pop

Micha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Tiny, perfectly shaped hooves crossed through a piny area. Heat could been seen in waves across the forest floor, where dead pine needles lay strewn across the ground. A sort of path for the new. Many scents bombarded her nostrils. It had been the most concentrated source of scents she had picked up since she had left Sinac. Another breath of heated air revealed that there was indeed activity here. Dark eyes peered through the ray of light, trying to digest where, in specific, she was. However, it was to no avail, there were no recognizable features around her. It looked nothing like Sinac, or it's neighboring area Fellwa. A young, immature whinny blew forth from her lungs, calling to all of those that may be nearby. The potential for a new start was exciting, but this mysterious land could hold many horrors for a young one like her. Another tentative step drew her nearer the scents. A fluffy, growing mane, flipped from the left to the right side, as she tilted her head to look for any signs of life among the dead pines.

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
A lone man loved by none:

How long can he live?

Torleik's ears swiveled instantly on his cranium when he heard a young, undeveloped whinny reach his audits. Never one to abandon children he quickly scooped up his companion and half-trotted in the direction of the sound, unsure if the call sounded worried because of fear of the unknown or of another creature.

The heat was sweltering, as usual, but never quite as bad in the Threshold's thickly forested paths. The trees and all their leaves helped to block out the brunt of the sun's ire high up in the sky, leaving only the humidity behind. To the dual-horned stallion, humidity was far worse than dry heat. Coming from a cold climate, living still in a cold climate, this thick, suffocating, wet air was like a dripping hand shoved down his throat, constricting every breath he tried to take.

It wasn't long before the little one came into view and he paused, seeing they were not a unicorn. They could not join him in his home, but no matter. A child should not be alone. "Hello, little one," he called, his voice almost fatherly in its deep notes and gentle greeting. "Are you lost?" he queried. It was quite possible this was not a newcomer, merely a filly who had wandered off too far.

Credits: Image by Eagle
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Unregistered
Not long after she had cried out, a large, black stallion had come into her view. He was rather peculiar. Two large, black horn things stuck from his head. That must hurt. She listened to him speak, his voice deep, much like the grown men she'd heard back in Sinac. She then tilted her head to the left, an inquisitive look, focused on the two black things that stuck from his head. She was still stuck on how in the world he wasn't double over in pain. She lifted a hoof, and pointed at him, before awkwardly losing her balance and stumbling forward towards him a few steps. She lifted her head and reared a little, nipping at his head. This must look rather odd... She though, and when she landed, decided to explain herself and answer the questions he long ago asked. Mr... She started, pausing awkwardly. I am alone but... Another rather long awkward pause as she thought of how to bring up the question. "Mr. You do realize you have to giant, black sticks in your head. That could kill you. In Sinac they said if you get shot in the head, you die. How you not die?" She asked, in her grammatically incorrect, worried, high-pitched girly voice. In Sinac, she was refering to getting shot in the head as the rock execution, where a large, pointy rock was swung towards the head. A brutal, and messy way of executing the impure. They threatened Micha with that a few times, but Lizzie convinced them to not hurt her. That's why she was here now. Was this someone who has survived the rock? She titled her head again. "I can pull them out. I was trying to jump up to bite them out. Although rocks can be hard on teeth. Did you survive the execution?" She said, again referring to Sinac, completely unaware she was leagues away from where she had been before. He did fit the description for execution, he had white markings. She took a few more steps forward to get a good whiff of him, and crinkled her nose. "You smell." She stated bluntly before switching topics once more. This poor stallion would never get a break with her around. "I'm Micha. Or Mic. Whatever you like to say." The name she made up for herself. She liked it. She was actually rather proud of her name. If the stallion didn't like it... she'd have to do something drastic.

[ooc//: sorry for anything weird. it's been a while since i've rp'ed... :)]

Unregistered
[ ooc; bump? just want to get Micha active ASAP. also others are welcome to join. I feel like she's a little lonely right now. :3]

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
Today was an especially hot day for the white stallion as he trudged through the forest, almost panting with thirst. His cyan eyes scanned the area, noting the usual activity of the chirping birds, and the scents of rabbits and other forest creatures. Since living at the Foothills, the male was quite content with his new home, and was treated with respect by his brethren there.

Wandering off in thought again, he was violently snapped out of them when he heard a feminine whinny ringing throughout the forest. Her call sounded youthful, and Arrane thought of it as the perfect chance to shelter the filly, if she was in need of a home. The heat was affecting him somewhat, but the warrior shook it off, reminding himself that he should already be used to it.

Approaching from where the fillie's call came from, his audits pricked up when he heard the deep voice of a male. Arrane was ready to defend the female, if the stallion had bad intentions, but only good words sounded through the place, and Arrane calmly walked into the open, only to be reminded of the sight of the stallion who had ridiculed him for being young.

Gazing around, he searched for the filly, but only caught sight of a giant mare...wait...mare? Her voice was high pitched with a girlish tune, and the white stallion realized this was the filly who let out the call! Listening to what she had to say in response to the black unicorn, Arrane's lips twitched up into a smile full of humor. The youngling didn't know what he was.

"Miss Micha," he bowed his head towards the lady, and bowed his head towards Tolreik in respect. "Excuse me for intruding. My name is Arrane, and the stallion here, is a unicorn". Suppressing a bout of laughter at the innocence of a child, he saw that she needed someone to look after her. "Dear child, are you in need of a home? You seem to be lost, and I am willing to offer you a shelter", his cyan eyes were pooling with concern, but the little girl had a lot to learn here in Helovia.

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
A lone man loved by none:

How long can he live?

Cocking his head to the side as the filly pointed a hoof at him, Torleik looked down curiously. Had he something on his person? He didn't see anything... Irelyn's alarmed confusion made him look back up just in time to see the filly jump up and try to nip at his horns.

What on earth did she think that would accomplish? She'd only hurt her teeth, or stab herself in the mouth! Torleik opened his own to ask what she was doing, but a tumble of words spilled out of hers in a messy, child-like, unfocused explanation. He had sticks in his head that could kill him, apparently, yet he'd somehow survived being 'shot.' She was trying to pull his horns out. Had he survived what execution? She mentioned what sounded like the name of a home and Torleik understood she was speaking to him as if he knew her customs. How could a child really know any different?

A white stallion came into view and Torleik recognized him from before, the one who'd caused Brisa such anxiety. Was he here to rile another, a poor child this time? Irelyn trilled in displeasure at her bondmate's feelings, adopting a non-impressed attitude towards Arrane as well. The equine was useful for explaining to this Micha that Torleik was a unicorn - though what was to prove she knew that term?

"Arrane is correct. I am called a unicorn, and I have not been shot or any part of an execution: I was born, and these horns grew out of my head by my first year, he explained. "You should go with him; he knows where the equines like you live, and he can give you a home." In truth, he was rather grateful Arrane had come along, lest he be stuck with a small equine child tagging along with him while he attempted to find her a home.

Credits: Image by Eagle
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Unregistered
A white stallion had arrived by the time she was finished tripping over her words. He looked all pure, except for red, blood colored tips at the end of his mane. Micha awkwardly stared at him for a moment, trying to comprehend what he was. He then started talking, jumping into an explanation of what of what this, still unnamed, thing was. He was a unicorn. Well. That still didn't explain the sticks that were in his head. I mean seriously, those things look like it hurt. She cringed as she glanced back up to the sticks in his head. Then the unnamed stallion continued and added on, making it all clear to her. So the the things in his head were horns, and they didn't hurt? That was odd. The SteelHooves would've had his head for that. Literally. They'd want to test it. There was nothing like that in the land of Sinac at all.

Suddenly they were all back to business again. Get who sorted out to go where. It was kind of odd to Micha, this whole placing of people, or choosing where to go. In Sinac, you were all on your own when you got there. As long as you followed the rules, and helped the betterment of the society as a whole, you were all one. No joining these separate clans. This world must be more harsh. She began to wonder of wars and destruction. In Sinac, there were no wars. The only "mass destruction" was ridding society of the impure, like her. Was it true that the impure were destined to be trouble makers? Was she destined to kill? She let out an involuntary shiver at the thought, but you must be strong to survive. That was it then, she lived this far, and she was going to keep her life.

She peered up at the two stallions. Quite odd again, drifting back to her previous thoughts of home. Mares were the sole keepers of social interaction, drama, welcoming, crying, everything was up to them. So odd that males were out and about. She looked from the black stallion then back to the one named Arrane. She smiled at Arrane, he came off more as a people person than the.. what was it? Oh right, unicorn. He was still nice though, just didn't seem to be the one for the youngins. He seemed more like the SteelHooves, the ones who did all of the important stuff. "Well. I guess I go with Arrane then?" It was more of a question then a statement. "Where I go?" She looked at Arrane then to the unicorn, making sure she was going with the right one.

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
A smile of amusement played upon Arrane's maw as he looked at the filly being bewildered by the first unicorn she has probably seen. Moving his eyes towards Tolriek, he watched him with an almost saddened face. Why were all horses so quick to assume his intentions. Yes, he could be somewhat arrogant and rash, but he had a kind soul, and only wanted to help those who were hurt. It wasn't as if he wanted to bother anyone, but I guess the image of a strong built stallion like him made them think he was weird to actually care.

The young girl smiled at him, and out of pure kindness he gave a graceful smile back, gazing at her. In a way, she did remind him of his sister, Leila, except a bay version with different white markings. A familiar pain tugged at his heart, making him remember how he was a elder brotherly figure, watching over his younger siblings and keeping them in place. In all, he was patient despite some of his brothers unkept attitude, and his sisters never ending energy. How he wished to bring them to Helovia, but he needn't be a babysitter, for he had his own herd mates to take care of.

"Don't make it sound like a question, Miss", the stallion's voice was light, and it made him want the filly to see what a wonderful home the Foothills would make. "Follow me, you will be safe where I will take you. I will care for you, along with my brethren". Dipping his head lightly to Tolriek, he turned and started walking out of the bushy clearing, open to have questions shot at him by the filly. He didn't mind young horses, and in fact, he enjoyed watching over them from time to time.

//If you want, I can make a thread in the Foothills...or if you still want to continue this thread? :3