the Rift

>> sweet dreams

Zuriel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Zuriel</style>
I heard a whispered dream of you,
on the silver foam of the crashing sea</style>

The stage is set, the curtain drawn. One lonely spotlight of filtered sun seeps iridescent through rafters of scented evergreen, illumination bouncing off the early morning dew drops which still cling to spring-green grass, liquid crystal strewn across the ground as though the gods had chosen to play marbles with a million stars. The clearing glitters with dappled sun, but one beam is solid, one halo prevails; this show will have but one star, and that, my love, is me.

Enter the mare of ivory silk, her silver hooves buried in moist earth. Her strides are a symphony of woodwinds and strings, and she smiles at the sunlight, eyes closed in delight. Such brilliance! Such peace! Surely, you think, this girl must be blessed- to be so relaxed in a world so chaotic, in a place where worn travelers arrive to rest weary heads, lost and alone and sinking in the whirl of escape. This one, you know at once, has made not escape but arrival. She is beauty. She is poise. She is love and laugh and delight.

She is a lie that I hide myself in, and she is designed to set you at ease. I am the mirror to show you yourself, the actress in costume and makeup and deceit. Some time had I journeyed to find my way here, the land which was whispered to hold our rebirth. Rumors on the wind told rushed, gasping tales, and bore the yet lingering scent of Isilme. Could the dreams of my forefathers at last be rebuilt, had the magic of my tidal home emerged in a land some nations away? The chances seem slim, but I am one to believe- and now, as I stand in the fickle light of a rising sun, I find there is truth to the tales on the breeze and rejoice, donning a cloak of ivory delight.

Ah, to have a new home where I might spin my web, bring my lines to their rightful glory and hear the cries of Cinnoru's name! In my joy I think I must cherish this moment, and as the thought escapes blue eyes grow cold.

The wind picks up and my magic escapes, an invisible fog cast out 'cross the loam. Whispers of power kiss dew into ice, leaving baubles of crystal in the chill of its wake. If I cannot hold the moment I will hold then the place, marking forever the steps of the Seraph, the arch of the trees, the arrival of a legend on the doorstep of Helovia.

You have come for a performance and such you shall have, my darling; I have never been one to disappoint, and my skills on the stage have sharpened on the wheel of time.

@[Deimos]

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
Massacres awakened and brandished on the thickened, taut skin of satanic raptures, caught and embroiled, tangled and enticed, by the plaguing flames of rumination, antipathy and heresy. Between the columns of avarice and slaughter, in the ashen claws of diabolical machinations, cruelly besotted and devoured by the plume, the rush, of apathy, settled the villainous exploits and pursuits of the irreverent Reaper. Like a slithering, sinuous murmur, like a haunting, poignant croon, he disturbed, he possessed, the ghostly, swindling, wounding facet of demise, quietus and diligence, the calculating mold to a fire, flaming, brilliant, exotic and unattainable, reaching across coals to singe and smolder alongside the grand divide of reticence and recherché. Warrior and sovereign, plaited and sculpted amongst the potent puissance, the scathing, unholy debauchery, the argent domination, wove detachment and finessed forbidding, seethed, tormented, until the earth sank beneath his daggers, ravenously plucked and destroyed. He met the distraught hymns of its feverish morality with the same ethereal ruin, the same heathen brushstrokes, the same penetrating, statuesque depravity, over and over again, delving, roaming, striking into unholy carnage, imperious, unforgiving, reels of eldritch titans and predacious grandeur. Furor, ferocity, fiendish incantations unfurling, uncurling into demonic art and Tartarean brutality, barbarity in a bard’s final, harbored lament, in a poet laureate’s twisted opus, in a licentious credence bolstering, coiling, curling into impassive resolution; marching across the grounds of the Threshold with the hot grind, the scrupulous friction, of formidable intrigues, of guarded arrogance, hushed, emboldened, sinister terror. Chilling the length of the borders, severe, clear, desolate and hollowed, hardened, primordial enmity, raptorial predilection – hunting, scarring, mutilating, and seeking the impending menace, the tumultuous doom and disaster to render minatory enticement, to formulate deplorable, horrible fortitudes and munitions, the abhorrent artifice, the malevolent, malicious immersion of vicious, vehement rancor. He swindled and moved, stole and craved, howling silent chords of unsung disorder, singing, consuming, rigid, slated promise of fatality, when the disdain filtered away from his cryptic conceit, and familiarity bristled across his licentious contemplation.

It couldn’t be.

The scent of another, of power, might, brawn and secrets, so many guarded entrails and innards, resolute, stoic scheming, specious voids, distorted, aching gallows humming their archaic canon. For a moment, he ceased all movement, rendered the serpentine thoughts into inveigling sentiments, marbled Mephistopheles seeking the dregs of a once forgotten maelstrom; seraphim, blackguards, fires hastened from the tempests of bloodlines, moonlit tides shrinking into memories, into images, of yesteryears unexplored for the passing eons, decades, years, months, days, hours, heinous dedication to rampant decadence. Did his sanctimonious plunge, his ruthless fixation finally pay some trivial game with his mind, warp and deceive, punish and declare, convict and condemn, or did she truly wander amongst these halls, breathing revolution, derision, acrimony and indignation, clinging to the same filaments, the same webs, as he? Was he deluded, desolation, isolated again, forsaken, renounced, abandoned or relinquished, torn from the lost creeds of smoking sires and scrupulous dams? Or did his scythe hit upon the angelic, singsong screams, the venomous rapture, the intoxicating reverie, of his remorseless brethren? Lured by the siren sepulcher, the horrible, nefarious seething in pariah scabbards, he pressed the minute, rigid motions into carnivore resonance, the humming, reticent blur of a rapier’s enigmatic allure, infernal, slinking treachery. The piercing juncture of his gaze finally captured her in the cold slinking of power, damnation, condemnation, and his mind was not bewitched, not ensnared, by the silvery masquerade of her actress garb and costume; she is a creature well guarded, well adorned for a masque, but not by the blood she shared. His blackened heart swelled, however, for a few moments, and the harsh cutlass of the silent legends, of the strung mythos, chaos, supremacy rankled amongst the impassive features carved, cut, into his face. His jaw parted, and the sliding, bestial iniquity slipped into the puissant, pernicious air, death reunited with seraphs, and the combination boiled, brewed, fermented into the withering inferno, hissing, strangling, suffocating the layers, the lacquers of kingdoms, augured, portended. “Zuriel.” He lowered his skull, gave an offering of respect, of esteem, for a being regarded even before he, weighted and measured from the gods, eager for upheaval. Sister.

Death, you bring death, and destruction to all that you touch.
- bg - table - art -

Unregistered

Zuriel</style>

Elegant lust and desecrated dreams, the devoured memory of a mother's son; is it there beneath the painted layers, the faceless mask and the names without meaning? Blood runs deep and the girl holds true, but how long has it been, how many shows and how many lies, how deep the deception which she clutches in her grasp? In the advent of reminder, is she able to remember, to lose the actress poise and assume a face of honesty, reclaim the breath of vulnerability exhaled so long ago? Frozen and still, she is trapped beneath the wavering sun and the sin of his voice, a dancer in the snow globe waiting to be wound back up, shaken and stirred into the desired shape that she might transfix her prey in the grace of her legs and the flute of her voice.

She is an image carefully maintained by an angel so bright her face is forgotten. Will it all fall apart in the name of kin?

Of course.

A million moments of lost time shatter and fall away, melting into nothing as the angel queen moves. Fluid, supple, the baubles shatter beneath her hooves as she leaves her spotlight in the dark, stepping into his shadows, letting them wrap her in a cold embrace. The blue of his eyes reflect her own; as the reaper's crown falls the angel's rises, daggers of crystal caught in the rising light. "My, baby brother, how mighty you have grown!" Her voice is water cascading down a stream, ripples of laughter interwoven throughout; no lies, no deceit, the angel is honest in her eager advance, and the glow of her gaze holds the warmth of her heart. "I am glad that even in your rise, you remember your betters." Teasing, tearing, she knows that he knows what emotions she feels- affection, pride, for though she knows not his tale she expects nothing but greatness from the blood of her blood.

The seraph yearns to touch, to pull Deimos deep into the coil of her embrace; but memory holds her back, the tendrils of darkness which play at his legs a warning that in time, some things cannot change. Instead she extends the white crown towards his face, pausing inches away from her brother in lies, the sea beneath her ice, the ocean floor to her white-capped waves, and, in an act of affection offered fiercely and scarce, exhales her scent into his mind, and takes with delight the weight of his.

But come now, this is not a sight for you. There will be plays in the future, stories and trials; now is a reunion fit for eyes of none but the heavens, a union of deception and cruelty and strength into something supreme, deep, dark, more than you can fathom. This is no show; this is her heart, and her blood. This is the future, and it is glorious.

Heather
The art of ancestry boiled, seared, and severed their veins, a collected maelstrom, a brimming, nefarious oeuvre to the mastery of deceit, to the harbingers of doom and Machiavellian threads, to the whittled armaments of callous, colossal chaos. In each scathing, caustic, savage, corroding stroke was a bestial flame, fire and brimstone, lacquers and layers of chilling raptures and devilish quandaries. Gifted and presiding with the bestowal of oblivion; where so many creeds faltered, fell, stumbled, quivered and quavered, theirs held strong, a universal enmity and hostility coating their lungs, their bones, their ichor. Little pieces and slivers of old, arcane artifice; she, playing the gods, angels, seraphs and reverence, placating, soothing, assuaging, cutting and snarling, ripping and mauling until the fiendish gleam of her smile washed away the traces of her innocence, lacerated guile. He, cold and ruthless, destroying and puncturing with the remorseless siege of demise, of wickedness, hiding naught but the vague recollections of emotions and sentiments, ruining, slaying, swinging an immoral scythe until it ground against skin, until it ruptured against arteries. Collected together, in the misshapen, twisted, distorted armaments, cryptic, unholy, villainous heathens molded in the same glassy fixations, could only unravel the earth, could only poison the lands, could only breathe hellfire and obliteration, elimination and massacre, into the sown hearts of the divine. She’d seen him as the boy chasing sandy dunes, the quiet, wide-eyed scion, before the torment, before the anguish, before the rift in life and caresses, before he was stripped and devoid, forsaken and isolated, stolen from the idealistic frames of family and heritage. He’d seen her as the specious, whimsical, dancing girl offering divinity, nestled and soothing, before stealing it from the shackled, captured prisoners, the chained, rotting corpses, clutching and melting the fervor of lamentable beings. In other world, would he have followed her, painted the same canvases, the same chords, the same, bone-chilling lies and manipulations? Or was it his destiny to alter pathways with the blood, the scorn, the derision of upheaval and insurrection? Amongst their journeys, they must have felled many angels, many paragons, many treasures, listened to the wails, the screams, the screeching decibels of victims rendered vacuous and torn – and finally, upon the same threshold, the kingdoms would feel what it was to truly crumble.

Her voice laughed, peculiar, high, lilting, as singsong as her warbles across the forgotten sands, tumbling, rolling, reeling and mocking until each aria sauntered into the fathoms of the timeless waves; and he remained reticent. Had they even altered? Time only hastened the growth, the shape, of monsters, and to find her so familiar, so habitual and customary, with icy sonnets and glowering ambitions, relieved the taut muscles, the rigid strings of undulating cores and coils, he slipped away from the recherché and into the tome of childhood again. There was naught to hide, to shield, to shelter from his all-knowing sibling, blood of his blood, brutality of his brutality, might of his might, and the once blank features were christened and nestled into a curl, a slide, of his lips, inching upwards in a lop-sided smirk. The sleek, deep intonation of his vocals cast into the shadows, slithering, crawling, reveling in the mired cruelty brewing and gathering in their stead. “It is good to see you.” A moment passed as she grew closer and he faded away, the strangling, suffocating abyss of his touch rarely yielded, and though he could control, contort, distort for lapsing seconds and snippets, the probable mishaps overweighed and overwrought the ability to caress his family. She seemed to understand, remember, calculate and examine the odds, merely tracing the glacial expanse of her powers over the infernal hands of his necromancy. He tilted his head, and was suddenly a juvenile again, curious, examining, inquisitive and calculating, weaving the heady strands of meticulous designs and schemes amongst his scheming mind. “What do you seek here?” The Reaper desired the knowledge in order to compose, orchestrate, construct and sculpt the musing, the revolution, the sedition and subversion brought by his sister, by tied bloodlines fastened and bleeding into the entrails, into the innards, of beatific benedictions. Power fused with power only offered the reveries and decadence of licentious bonds, extorted, condemned and corrupted.

- bg - table - art -

Unregistered

Zuriel</style>

His scent curls tendrils of smoke in her nostrils, a sweet stinging smell, searing tender flesh with a lover's firm caress. She holds the sensation as long as she can; his magic is strong, his touch impossible, but blood and time have made her accustom, strengthened her to the trial of his presence, the boundless blaze of his insurmountable wrath. In the shadow of the Seraph he had grown so tall, and she had watched his first steps, witnessed his first kill, and drawn his first blood, as older siblings are wont to do. When she had but one horn and they were heady with youth, she had been there and felt him, seen him, known him. And now though he burns she does not flinch; though he kills she does not fear. She laughs at his death and knows it shan't hurt her. Her eyes speak endurance and defiance and mirth. The Seraph is safe from the Reaper's great scythe; it is written in their past, in their future, and in the trust they still share now.

I trust you, brother, her eyes betray. Nothing has changed.

She arcs her head away.

A smile twists up on the angel's white lips, a response to the child she sees in his face. So this is her Deimos: grown mighty and strong, but ever the youth, ever the faithful, ever hers, the baby brother, the heartless conspirator, the trusted flesh. What do you seek? - the eternal question; what lies in your heart, what rests in your eyes, what plans have led you laid in the nefarious reaches of that dark, winding mind? Secrets and plots, schemes and desires, all dance heavy and crash in her wake, all are conceived and created and destroyed. Stormy eyes narrow, and ferocity takes her: for a moment, just for him, she is wild and untamed, let loose in a single, vehement word. The actress is gone now, and only the angel lays in her wake, exposed now to him - only to him - as a dark, vibrant abyss of cruel, ardent purpose.

"Domination."

The word hangs between them and the world is still, broken in this instant and held taut by a thread. Reaper and Angel stand locked eye to eye, blood running hot through the veins of the sister, the veins of the son; she is a bright, brittle crystal, a snowflake of glass, a razor-sharp icicle poised to fall.

The sun rises higher; new light pierces tree. It catches her face, streaking the lines ivory and gold, and the moment is lost as the mare relaxes, the poise of a dancer held soft in her smile.

Heather
Turmoil, the world bellowed; the empires shuddered, the kingdoms faltered and swayed, the loams wept. “How fortuitous.” Domination slipped from her lips, a callous, clever noose, aligned to the gallows of their prosperous, predacious reunion, haunting and halting the severed slips of previously tied ropes. The depths of his puncturing eyes absorbed, captured, her form, assembled the fathoms of her dreams, her yearns, her desires, and his mind mulled, calculated, distorted the ripple of countless creations to be eagerly torn apart by their ruthless machinations. A foreboding trace of the unknown, ruled and reigned by the merciless twist in their feverishly sculpted designs, from fire to stone, from unraveled strings to taut, meticulous ruses and schemes, covert and clandestine, shadowed and blighted, plagued. They coveted oblivion, deceit, cold, barbaric entropies, enmity, harsh, unreeling shells of hollowed, hallowed compositions, angels and devils dancing upon the same threshold, upon the same empire, scouring the halls for their ultimate upheaval. Were she to stir calamity with him, were she to prosper maelstroms and perform feats of villainy, conspire and ravage, ruin and paralyze, with the semblance of his malice, of his malevolence, of his abhorrence and unholy tenacity, their enemies would understand the value of power, the wild, ferocious splendor of decadence. They’d scream, shout, an unrelenting force of repose and regret, and the wicked demons, the seraphs and the blackguards, the greedy and the conniving, satan’s blade and mouth, would finally render them into withering, decaying, festering silence. Strength, diligence, and devious armaments, all united and conformed to their monstrous display of heathen munitions, a maddening pulse of depravity, a scathing, searing burn of morality, and he relished every morsel of their combined apathy, heartlessness, power and precision. The edge of his vocals simmered again, roamed and combed the inner halls of their darkened veils, of their patchwork disorder and revolution, reeling and steaming with the foreboding indulgences of mayhem, of malice. “I want the same.” Cruelty and savagery in the same flickering flame, embers and coals, sparked, ignited, incensed by the cold convergence, by the augured, presaged fixtures, by edges of shoal and shore, smoky laughter and silent opuses. He tilted his head again, and was suddenly the boy once more, innocent scion locked into future scabbards and sheathes, but underneath the curiosity, the inquisitions, were the trappings of iniquity. He’d grown far too much beyond the reach of Isilme, traced the foundations of brutality, and longed to offer the same to his sibling. Like an act of childhood, the dark, smoldering vocals pervaded the air, presented his sister with a plaything, a world to preside in her wishes. “Come to the Basin, Zuri?”

- bg - table - art -