the Rift

a new beginning [xenos, open]

Evangeline Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
 evangeline</style>
Be of love a little more careful than of anything.
image by Csutkaa @ flickr.com</style>

It was the happiest she had been since finding Validino and giving birth to their twins. Finding someone she had known and had been somewhat close to in Isilme made her heart swell. She'd led Xenos away from the Threshold quickly, making sure to stay close to his side to help guide him over the terrain. She had remembered well that his eyes did not work and didn't want him to run into a tree and hurt himself. The mare tried to remind herself that he had made it this far, had escaped from the shades without his eyes and without getting badly injured but she couldn't force away the protective instincts she felt toward him.

As they neared the foothills the roaring of the waterfall became audible. "We're home, Xenos." The mare said happily. She only wished that he could see it all, for it was beautiful. "The waterfall is close by, would you like to stop and drink? You must be parched from all your traveling."

[xenos first then anyone else is welcome :3]

Xenos Yaro Posts: N/A
Unregistered
The trip from the Threshold to the Foothills was fairly easy and Xenos was happy that Eva had kept a calm pace. Not only because of the heat, but it had also given him enough time to lift his feet properly, should there be something on the ground to step over. Eventually, he would learn where the bigger rocks were at least.

The temperature might have changed slightly as they moved north, but it was still very warm with the sun high above and Xenos folded his wings across his back for protection, relying on Eva to not walk too close to something that could hit him in the side. Soon, he could hear the sound of a waterfall and it made him happier still. Water! He took a deep breath and smiled at Eva's welcoming.

"It smells beautiful. I can feel the grass and the trees." he lifted his head high and smelled the air, taking in as much scents as he could to learn them as soon as possible. Then he turned his head towards Eva to politely "look" at her. "Water would be lovely, thank you." Just by having her there and being welcomed to a new home made him feel less tired than before. The heat did not matter that much anymore.

Unregistered
 evangeline</style>

It excited Evangeline that Xenos looked so happy to finally have a place to call home. "I wish you could see it." She said saidly, once again wishing that the Tome Guardian had given him new sight. If he had asked she might have even given him one of her eyes just so he could see the world. She turned her head and nudged him gently. "You'll love it here." She assured him confidently.

When he agreed to water she nudged him gently in the direction of the waterfall. "The water is shallow so you can walk as far out into it as you like." She said. "But if you go too far you'll have the waterfall raining down on you."

The walk to the water wasn't far and when they reached it at last she stopped walking and lowered her head to drink. After having her fill she waded into the cool water then turned to face Xenos. A mischevious inpulse led her to rearing and crashing back down into the water, sending it splashing toward Xenos.

Query Posts: 48
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 7
Nogard
She wondered around the Foothills trying to fend off the heat. She noticed the pool of water here in the middle of the land. There were two other's there already and she decided that she'd go say hi and get a drink at the same time.

As she got closer to the stallion she noticed that he had horns on his head and her heart skipped a beat. Then as she got even closer she noticed the wings and got even more excited. She had heard of Unicorns and Pegasi, but never knew the actually existed until her time over in Isilme. She had never actually seen either one before and now here she was getting to meet a hybrid. She was excited.

She went up the the stallion. "Hi there....ummm...I couldn't help but notice your wings and horn and.....I hope you don't find it rude of me, but I was really wanting to get a better look at you. I've never actually seen a horse with wings or a horn before, let alone both. It's so cool to finally meet one."

She then noticed the chestnut mare next to him again. She got so wrapped up in the stallion that Query had forgot that the mare was even there.

"Oh, hi. I didn't mean to ignore you. I just got so wrapped up in finally seeing one of these horses that are just myths from where I come from. Anyways, my name is Query and it's good to meet new faces."

Unregistered
Her words had him smile gently. Everyone talked about seeing, but he did not have to. This place was beautiful for him anyway and he could not understand why he needed more of it. But he was grateful for her care and followed Eva towards the water, listening to what more she had to say. "I think I will hear when I get too close to the fall, or feel it in the water. He stopped next to her and lowered his head to drink. At that moment, the cold water was the most wonderful thing in the world.

He continued to drink slowly as Eva waded out into the water and had just lifted his head a bit and begun to wonder if he should follow, when he heard her movements and then many and big water drops splashed all over his front. With a snort, he shook his head and took a step back, but a laugh rolled up from his throat. He might not understand that seeing-thing, but he understood playing.

Smiling, he lifted a long front leg and slammed the hoof down into the water, then moving it forward to throw the water in the direction he had heard Eva. He would probably miss her, but it did not matter. The water splashed up on him too and it felt great in the burning heat.
He did not even pay much attention to the sound of hooves, thinking that it was just another member of the herd and only stopped with the splashing when he heard the voice just next to him.

Xenos put his hoof down and turned his head towards it, ears forward and with a curious expression on his face. She seemed amazed over his horns and wings and it had him frown. Was there something with them? He knew the wings were as the should, and the horns too because they were still on his head. And the wings were in order. Horse from the myths? Confusion started to become clear on him.

"You are not rude, I just... I do not understand. Is something not as it should?" He stretched out his head in the direction of her sound and smell and searched with his muzzle until it bumped against her neck. He noses her mane a bit and then lifted his head again. "You are horse too, like me." The statement held the same confusion as his face. It was almost as when Tinkerbell had met him. She had also been so amazed by finding someone else with horns and wings and Xenos had not understood that time either. Or any time when someone had been yelling about the wings and horns and then attacked him. Should they not be there on him?

Unregistered
 evangeline</style>

Evangeline turned her head away as Xenos stomped his hoof into the water and splashed it at her. She laughed quietly and reared again to crash down and splash more water onto the bay stallion. The coolness of the water against her own skin was a welcomed relief and she was several shades lighter than Xenos was. The poor stallion must have been baking in the heat. It made her all that much happier that she had found him and was able to bring him to water.

Their playing was interrupted quite suddenly by another mare who seemed fascinated by Xenos. Evangeline watched her, listening as she spoke. Horses of myth? "That's alright." Eva said when the other mare apologized for ignoring her. Her gaze then shifted to Xenos as he began to speak, asking the little mare questions of his own.

"We're all the same." Evangeline agreed with Xenos. "The only thing that differs is our appearance. Having horns or a set of wings does not lessen the value of our lives." The copper mare smiled to show that she was in no way scolding Query, but agreeing with Xenos and stating her own opinon. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Query."

Query Posts: 48
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 7
Nogard
The stallion had a truly baffled look on his face. Then as he stretched out and nosed Query she tried not to flinch from the tickle of his breath on her neck.

"Yes, it is true that I am also a horse...but...see, where I come from horses never have wings or horns, let alone both. And it is as she said it doesn't make me think any less of you at all. In fact it rather amazes me. These mystical lands are still very much a mystery to me and I'm still tryin' to adjust."

Unregistered
One of Xenos' ears pointed in a different direction depending on which one of the mares was talking, to show that he was listening. It all just made him more confused; if they agreed on being horse, why was it still such a big deal about horns and wings? He never thought about it nor cared about if someone happened to have any or not. And then that about appearance again.

He stretched out his head again, found Query's face with his muzzle and traced it up to her forehead, where he knew his horns where on him. He could not feel any horn on her and he wondered if she would smell differently if she had one. Was that what made it? That having horns and wings made you not smell like a horse? But he had met those he knew had one or the other, or both. They had smelled like horse, under they own individual smell.

"What is this appearance you are talking about? Does it smell differently if someone has horns and wings? Or is it this seeing again?" He withdrew his head from Query and turned towards Eva. "What is it like? Is it like smelling different scents? Or hearing sounds?"He could not remember having it explained in an understandable way. Had his parents explained? No, as far as he could remember, they had only told him that he could not see because his eyes were not working, but that did not tell him what it was.