[PRIVATE] We Nords are Not Fair-Weather Friends

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
A lone man loved by none:

How long can he live?

The breath he exhaled still took shape in the air soon as it left his nostrils, the smoke from within him curling and dissipating in moments. Tallsun was a hot season, but that did not reach the Basin so much, and for that, Torleik was glad. Whenever he ventured out, it became unbearable. This was partially due to his cold nature, and partially due to his pelt.

A black stallion in the middle of a cloudless, sun-dominated sky was like being the only target within range of an artillery bombardment: everything was directed at him, every ray, every vibrating path of excited photons and squiggling lines of energy waves.

Torleik wasn't sure how the herd meeting had gone. In the days after, his griffin had hatched, he had wandered to the Threshold often, and still he seemed empty inside.

The knowledge that he had failed to accomplish what he had set his mind to still haunted him. The thrilled avian trill of Irelyn drew his attention and he snorted as he watched her pounce on a tiny little bug, chomping at it happily. Good, Irelyn, he praised and her little eyes squinted shut in the most adorable smile. His heart warmed for a few seconds, grateful for this tiny little babe in his life. She was, perhaps, the only thing keeping him afloat in his sea of doubts.

As he approached the Basin lake Torleik's eyes caught a small amount of movement in his peripheral vision. Curious, he turned his head and promptly cocked it to the side, thoughtful. He recognized this unicorn, but he could not place a name. Likely they had been at the herd meeting, seeing as they were present in the Basin. What had this one talked about? Had they spoken at all, or had they merely been close to him?

It was not the one who had offered himself as General as well, Torleik knew that. He was not looking forward to another battle until he had properly healed, and that was not something he had achieved at this present moment. Striving always to be polite, and confident Irelyn was currently, safely occupied with hunting bugs a few feet away, the dual-horned demon gave this other a nod.

"Morning, friend. You were at the herd meeting, were you not? I do not believe I caught your name; I am Torleik," he offered, wondering if addressing him as 'friend' was wise. Still. As ever, he believed polite introductions were the best course of action.

@[Leovan]

[[OOC: I apologize for this taking so long to get up. Had no desire to write for a while, then I felt bad for those who'd been waiting forever already on replies for me. But! It's here now. Yay!]]
Credits: Image by Eagle
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!