the Rift

I'll Fight For You [Kri, Joining]

Cysaro Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

cysaro</style>
ERASE MY SCARS</style>

After a brief flight with Jaydan - which gave him a chance to appreciate the beauty of the Throat - Cysaro has taken his leave of the young stallion and returned to the Earth once more. His conversation with Jay has given him much to think about; for one thing, how long it has been since he had a conversation, period. When he spoke to Jaydan his voice was raspy from long months of not being used, and navigating a conversation felt as strange and frightening as walking is to a newborn foal.

It didn't used to be like this. Once, Cysaro had inspired bravery, comforted the weak, lead the charge against tyranny. But now...

I have been too long alone he thinks, regarding his reflection in the water of the lake. His face is not pretty by any means, his body is marked by scars, even some burns inflicted by enemies with fire magic. He is getting older and his back has adopted a slight sway, but his body is still rock hard with sinew and muscle. I can still fight. I could still be useful, to someone...

It occurs to him, Why not here? I could stay right here, and fight for this herd...if they'll have an old dog like me.

image by Uqbar is back @ flickr.com</style>

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>
    My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

Welcome, stranger,” my voice calls forward before my hooves touch down with the sand below. I am quite surprised to find myself taller than this stallion, as it is a rare occurrence for one of my stature. Still, we are built much the same. Small, very small in terms of height, yet the bulk upon our limbs tells the story of a warrior, though it apparent by the array of scars upon the dark body of this stallion that he has more years of experience in the ways of fighting than I likely have spent alive on this planet.

I greet him with a smile, something unusual for those of his particular gender. I felt connected to this rough looking pony, without even knowing him, and therefore would handle him with a kindness not fit for lazy stallions of no discipline. My own figure draws nearer, possibly shaking him from his reverie, steps carrying me swiftly and easily over the familiar terrain.

I am Kri,” I say, my voice warm and strong. Were it not for the slight feminine undertones of my voice, the power behind it would often be mistaken for that of a stallion. After all, my bulky frame and strong features were not exactly the picture of femininity. Luckily, my daughter had not taken after me in that regards - I guess Zodiac had been quite girly. “What brings you to the Dragon’s Throat, brother?
""

Unregistered

cysaro</style>
ERASE MY SCARS</style>

From the sky descends a tough little mare whom Cysaro likes immediately - and he is not usually the sort to "take" to another so quickly. She is quite masculine, but his does not bother Cysaro; he has never been one for excessive femininity from mares. His own beloved was quite rough-and-tumble, with a deep, sultry voice...but he cannot bear to think of her now.

Pushing thoughts of her out of his head, Cysaro turns his attention back to this mare, called Kri. What brings him here? Ah, good question. A whim, grief, and old man's folly? Most likely it is the fervent desire to serve and fight until his very bones shatter with age.

Speaking formally in a voice that rumbles softly like distant thunder, Cysaro says "Hullo, Kri. Uh, ma'am." He shifts rather uncomfortably and bows with ample grace for his age and stature. "I am Cysaro, sometimes called the Crow...though not so much any more, I suppose. I do not know what brought me here, but I realize now that my wish and duty is to fight here, should your herd feel need of a soldier. I am not a young stallion, nor a tall one, but I offer you my loyalty nonetheless."

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>

I let my eyes fall swiftly over the scarred body of the elder stallion before me once more, noting with a small satisfaction that he has seen his number of battles. He was a hardened man, and one that I could likely respect, unlike the unruly colts and idiot stallions that seemed to plague the earth in droves. The smile upon my lips, a slight pinch of my face, remains tacked in place as I await his answer to my question eagerly. I was not certain whether he was in search of a home or not, but I was hopeful that he would consider staying.

The Throat could use more wise warriors such as this.

The bow surprises me a bit, I have to admit. As soon as the gesture begins my eyes widen in surprise, but I too lower my head in a sign of respect. While it is clear that he is doing it out of manners, I am often a little uneasy to be recognized as a leader. The title does not seem to fit me, and I am more prone to believe that the seat of a general would suit me better. Regardless, I have ended up leading my kin before the Throat, before Helovia - perhaps, even against my wishes, to rule was to be my fate. “No need for such formalities here,” my voice says calmly, evenly as my head lifts from the nod. The Throat was a rather relaxed place to live, and all of its members my family.

I smile at his words, locking his name away in my memory for future use. My lips tug upward more than before, a genuine grin that lifts my features into a friendly expression that almost seems too girlish for me. “We would be lucky to have you, Cysaro,” I say, echoing my thoughts as they play through my head. “Perhaps you can teach the young warriors a thing or two.

""

Unregistered

cysaro</style>
ERASE MY SCARS</style>

A humble leader is something that Cysaro has rarely encountered in his tumultuous life, but, wonder of wonders, it seems that the tough little mare that presides over the Dragon's Throat is just that. She asks for no titles, no hoof-licking. She looks in his eye as in equal, and Cysaro is surprised to find himself feeling something vaguely paternal for Kri. But not one to show much affection - especially not someone who he has just met - he pushes the surprising rush of affection aside.

Acceptence. Cysaro is pleased and cautiously optimistic to have found a home. I am growing older now; it is time that I cease my wandering ways. he reminds himself firmly. With a small nod and a barely-perceptible smile, he says "It's settled, then. I would be glad to train some of your younger soldiers. I have already met Jaydan, perhaps I could meet the others?" While the thought of meeting a whole new crew of young bucks is slightly overwhelming after months of solitude, Cysaro knows that the faster he gets started the faster he will be able to reacquaint himself with herd life.

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>

Of course, brother,” I say instantly in response to his query, wanting to be as helpful as possible to this older warrior. A smile dances across my lips for a brief moment as I contemplate how different my opinion was of veterans than regular, old stallions with no sense in life at all. “Azzuen is our General in these lands,” my explanation begins, a light tone taking over my gruff voice as I speak to him. “He is black with white markings upon his wings - you can’t possibly mistake him.” Azzuen - another stallion I oddly approved of in comparison to the rest of their idiotic gender.

He will have all of the information on the current soldiers in the herd, as I know there are quite a few.” Our herd had gained popularity quite suddenly, after a brief lull following our successful invasion. You would think the burst would be right after we established our new herd, but sometimes the influx was impossible to predict. “He will also be your commander, second only to myself.” I was sure this stallion knew all about ranks as a warrior, but further explanation never hurt. “I am sure he would be pleased in your eagerness to aid our herd in improvement.

""