the Rift

A warrior's promise. [Mirage/Open]

Gaspard Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

G A S P A R D
quote here

It had crossed Gaspard's mind that he would need to start to get to know more of the residents of the new land he had chosen to make his home. To improve his language skills since he knew that he could neither make conversation with other creatures, or make many bonds. It was starting to grate down on him that he was a lonely soul, trapped by his temperament for being a fierce warrior and finding it hard to see anything else. The mammoth brute wandered through the cooler frondescence of the forest; it provided a great reside from the heat of the sun that was highest in the heavens at that time of day. Stepping over the dry lead rocks, he eventually came into a tiny clearing where a little spring bubbled invitingly.

Bending down to drink, he kept his pools open for any sign of movement. He knew from the way that the gauges in the trees seemed to emit painful memories of something that happened a long time ago. Gaspard almost proudly thought of how much it reminded him of his own scar that was embedded deep into the front of his crown. It should have been handsome, but the wound had mutilated the beauty it held.

His heavily feathered pillars splashed water slightly as he began to lift his crown back into it's initial place on his mass as he stood and waited for any sign of life. He was here for one purpose only - to become part of a group: to meet other horses and hopefully gain some sort of bond with them.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
Very little went on in the Dark Forest that a certain shadow of a mare was not made aware of. A glimmer of gold shifted in the trees above, her scales glistening with health and vitality, catching the Sun's rays and tilting them downwards. The reptilian flyer enjoyed basking in the warmth of the Sun, it aided to fuel the fire within her belly, and move the oxygen about her vessels and veins. Her lean, muscular form leaned over a thick branch above, long, thin tail securing itself around another branch higher up so that she could lean even further. Curiously she watched this stallion make himself quite at home at the watering hole, providing a different perspective of his appearance that she relayed to her bonded, whom she could feel was not far away.

As light sometimes twists the images of objects in a heated desert, Mirage's magic worked in similar ways. The shadowy minx stood almost silently, only the gentle breeze of her breath passing through her nares potentially betraying her presence. But with the entire Forest breathing around them, she doubted the impact of her own respiration would cause detection of her whereabouts. A strange, shimmering, flickering image of a dark smudge of a mare sometimes came into view, if one bent their head around the nearest tree to attempt to focus upon her. Eyes of aureate splendour absorbed all they could of the stallion's appearance, noting the youthfulness of him, and yet the scars that suggested a life lived through struggling times.

He piqued her interest.

Abruptly, the mare came into view, a breath later, she began to move, with a strange, feline grace, lithe and lissom, the smooth arc of her nape hosting her finely carved tiara with a pleasant demeanour - she was neither hot nor cold in her outwardly appearance. With a gentle flutter of draconic wings, Akaith appeared upon the small of Mirage's back, as the mare entered the scene with a purpose yet to be revealed. Acknowledging the brute with a gentle tilting of her visage, a hint, a mere shadow of a smile might have tickled the edges of her maw, but it was gone before any lasting effects could curve the entirety of her velvet lips. "Hello." Honey-sweet melodies intoned, her strange accent evident even in the single word. "What brings you to the Dark Forest?"

Unregistered

G A S P A R D
The sparkle in your eyes keeps me alive...

Gaspard began to sense the prescence of some creature, but what it was he did not know. Keeping himself on guard, poised and ready to attack, the paranoid brute was not one to remove his attentions of something like this. Suddenly, out of nowhere came the lithe, slim figure of a dame. Her pelt was obsidian, and it was embossed with a small golden marking that shone out against her frame. Her eyes, also a golden hue, glowed with some sort of kindness towards him. She was of a fairly admirable build, one that seemed could certainly take care of herself.

The stranger persisted to come closer, and as much as the jumpy nature of the beast was one to be reckoned with, he held his ground. He was far bigger than her, in both build and height. He wondered how he would fair in a battle with her, but he did not think that it was necessary to think of tactics. She seemed friendly enough, and even to a foolishly paranoid brute such as himself, the alabaster and charcoal beast was not going to ruin the only friendship he could possibly make in his new homelands. It would be a stupid thing to do, considering the circumstances he was in. He did not want to be alone, and this could be his only way of getting out of the rut he was currently hidden in.

The water from the stream trickled down his pillars slightly, settling on the bleached feathers. His mossy orbs nestled in his large crown gazed upon the onyx stranger with a guarded approach, but still bore friendliness. The scar embedded into the front of his crown continued to ache, and the pain was written across his crown. He tried to push it to one side to focus on what the dame was saying. Even at the best of times, he found it hard to understand, nevermind the madness that was consuming him that made it ultimately difficult. The voices in his head spoke of things utterly useless to the situation.

With a cautious approach, he focused on the stranger, heeding her words and trying to understand them the best he could. He went ahead to reply with a gruff, deep tone that was littered with friendliness towards her.
"Greetings, stranger. I come... I come for search, of herd," Gaspard then went forward to tell the charcoal vixen his name, "My name is Gaspard." The silhouette of her was startingly dark, as black as the shadows, the golden features standing out alarmingly well.

Concern grew within the mare, as she closed the distance between them, and recognised the grimace of pain and discomfort the surprisingly fresh scars obviously caused the stallion. Mirage did not enjoy to see others in pain, and wished there was something she could have done to soothe it for him. Perhaps Akaith could have gathered some mossy leaves and soaked them, to aid in washing toxins from the wounds, which would lessen their overall scarring - but this was a strange stallion, an unknown, and the obsidian mare and golden dragon would be considered just as strange to he, she was sure.

He spoke, after some thought, the little shadow mare noted. She did not think him slow, but rather, different to most, a difference that may or may not hinder his survival in a realm as unforgiving as Helovia. He seems honest. The opinion was shared by her dragon, who peered over and around Mirage's lithe nape to view the steed clearly with her eyes that whirled a slow, curious viridian green.

"No herd lurks within these trees." Mirage informed him softly, but clearly, knowing that some found her accent more difficult than others, though most simply accepted it as part of her exotic and devious nature. "I am Mirage," she spoke, and for a second, a shimmer fell over her frame, an illusion that danced over her charred bodice and made it a blurry reconstruction, a true mirage. But it dripped away almost as soon as it had settled, and she continued her speech, indicating the queenly lizard upon her back. "This is Akaith."

Steps brought her closer to him, soon her shoulder was standing by his, but they were facing opposite directions, her left shoulder near his left, her eyes roaming over his flanks. Though she was shorter than he, her slender nape still lifted her tiara high enough to spy the damage wrought upon his hide, and she blew a silent breath over him, thoughtful as to how to proceed next. Stepping away once more, her visage lowered to the water, her velveteen lips dampened by the running stream, the cool liquid quenching a thirst that had risen.

"I can offer protection." She said as her chiselled crown rose once more, turning so that her eyes could convey the honesty with which she conducted herself. "Friendship. Security." The words were offered more so that the mare could gauge the reaction the stallion gave to them, whether he would comprehend them, appreciate them. She longed to know more about him, but was afraid to scare him away, or otherwise cause an end to his attempts of communication.

Unregistered

G A S P A R D

The reactions of the vixen were well intentioned, Gaspard thought to himself. It was not often that he would come across kind strangers, but this creature, including the beast that tagged alongside her with it's golden scale pelt glistening. The pools of the obsidian warrioress showed the kindness that the monochrome brute felt in wavelengths passing through them. The voices in his head mumbled out incomprehensible nonsense as she was speaking, but even with his lack of communication skills was able to make it out. The sweet tones of the duchess gave enough information that was clear; easy for even this beast to understand.

He watched her with keen, friendly mossy pools as she came in closer to inspect him. The mammoth size of his frame was not too much for this dame: Mirage. Concern written over her pretty crown as she eyed his scars, he felt another surge of warmth for her. It was comforting to have someone almost pity him. A mad soul like himself with a signature temper on him felt elated at this.
"I am nice to meet you, Mirage." The odd language he tried to communicate made him feel difficult - could this vixen understand? The introduction of the companion made him feel more at home with the strangers, now he knew their names. "And Akaith."

He watched her as she began to drink from the water, her crown then lifting back up to give him her offer. Protection, friendship, security... Gaspard liked the sound of this. This was exactly what he wanted. "I would like that very much." He smiled warmly at her, trying to show as much of the honesty he felt as was possible for the mammoth brute.

He softened further to her words, a reaction the coal hued mare welcomed, his eager smile and hopeful eyes screaming louder than his words ever could that he yearned for what she had to offer. Mirage was pleased by this, but also momentarily apprehensive; he placed so much trust in her, what if she could not deliver all that she promised? The mare was no liar; a trickster, maybe, but not a liar. Kindly she stepped closer to him, her golden eyes clinging to his own, willing her words to be understood. A small sadness appeared in her façade, but it was well hidden beneath her usually clear, emotionless palette.

"We care for those who call themselves Qian." Here, she extended her velvet muzzle to his shoulder, hoping to indicate that he too, was now considered Qian. "We protect those who cannot protect themselves." A shifting of weight, a gentle paw of the earth with her right foreleg. "We offer aid when aid can be offered." Chiselled features nodded slightly, hoping the steed of few words understood the concept of her kin, at the very least. Once again, she pressed her maw against his shoulder, blowing her warm breath over his muscular back. "Recognise my scent, it marks us all." Her words were firm here, serious. She wanted him to know that any who called themselves Qian had been scent marked by herself personally, that they could be trusted.

"We are wanderers, with no home." A small sigh erupted through her nostrils, interrupting the speech for an extra breath. That hint of sadness returned. "We must fight for a home." It was not a prospect Mirage liked to think about, but she was a WeyrLeader, without a Weyr to Lead, per se. So her thoughts had no choice but to think of ways to provide the necessities for her beloved kin, and she did look forward to the prospect of having a home. It was as the Moon Goddess had proclaimed; better they die trying for a homeland than slowly rotting in the wilds. Her gaze had dropped in the silent moments that had passed, but now it rose again, meeting his own with a renewed sharpness, vigour.

"Will you follow me, Gaspard?"

Unregistered

G A S P A R D

The ebony and ivory frame was agog with keen interest to what the dame was saying. It occured to the brute that what she was offering and what he could give could work like clockwork, and this appealed immensely to Gaspard. With a realisation that the Qian could be what he was looking he, continued to soak up the clear information being provided by Mirage. Her voice was soft on his ears, his mossy pools growing wider to her words.

When the dark duchess reached out with her velveteens to touch his shoulder, he shuddered slightly. No one come into physical contact with him since the day he gained the wound on the front of his crown, it was a shock to the system. But he relaxed when he realised it was a gesture of welcoming from her, and he leaned over, stretching his neck to allow his crown to touch her shoulder for a moment before regaining his posture, not wanting to seem innapropriate.
"I understand." He blinked before Mirage mentioned the scent. He did as he was told, taking in deep breaths to soak up the scent of her. It was an odd scent, unfamiliar to him of course but he opened himself up to the smell, now familiarising himself. It was what suggested that a creature was a part of the Qian, and this was something he had to remember.

She spoke of having no home, and the sense of dejection spread through her. Concern spread over him in quick succession, unsure of how to go about the situation. We must fight for a home. The words spoke an indirect message to him: he needed to fight for them. Stretching himself out into his his full potential height, the mammoth brute flared open the warrior side of him to show off to the vixen. "I can fight, I am warrior." His words were soft yet his voice still held its deep tones.

He then leaned his crown in closer to the obsidian femme before quietly replying,"I will."

A worry, genuine and real, grew within her as she considered the stallion's reactions to her own actions, her words of honesty. He seemed put out that they had no place to call home, but warmth spread through her as she watched him swiftly transform his resolve. He stood taller, prouder, accentuating his tall, burly form. She could see the warrior within him then, the strength of his character rise to the occasion. It brought happiness to her, and when he reassured her with his strong voice, she openly smiled once more. She was glad, very glad, to call him an ally, a friend, a comrade.

"We are family then." Perhaps not in the traditional, blood-related sense of the word, but certainly the strength of the ties that bond them would become as close as that, for that was what the Qian embodied.

"How did you become a warrior?" Tell me about yourself.. her kind, curious eyes asked the steed, ears pressed forward, keenly interested in what answer he might give. She did want to ask after the scars, but would not press the issue; sometimes to relive one's past was as painful as the original event, she only wished to know of things that he was comfortable to share.

Unregistered

G A S P A R D

Gaspard faintly smiled towards the charcoal femme as warmth had spread through her at the actions of the mammoth brute. Her lean figure was now one he would happily look upon as one for comfort, strength, and of course as his leader. Recognising the need to be a unit and at one if they were to survive, the strange monochrome understood the importance of remaining close to the members of the Qian. Her words that spoke of being family fascinated him, for he not remember his own family. It was a sad thing, but he wondered if perhaps this new "family" would be a good substitute or the foundations of building another one, maybe even better than the former. He stepped even closer, and pushed his large velveteens towards her neck in a way of acceptance towards her before pulling back and adding,
"You are my family." His odd way of putting together sentences almost made it sound as unique as his accent, but the warm tone in his voice suggested nothing more than justifying the fact he was mirthful about becoming another member of the non-related family.

Her question struck a nerve within him, one that flung out ready to spill everything to her. Mirage's curiosity was answered back with enthusiasm from the mad brute; the voices were now cooling down and keeping quiet. He was ready to tell it all to the obsidian duchess, or as much as he could remember. Settling himself into a comfortable poise, his hind right pillar tipped to keep the weight off its feathered mass, he gazed into the charcoal mare's orbs,
"Warrior I became as far as I remember. I do not know where I come from, I do not know who I was..." He regretted to announce this to Mirage, for she had been bristling with intent and curiosity to hear his past. "I fight with another, and after that I remember not my past." He dipped his head, enchancing his crown scar to the maximum. It was a painful reminder of something that happened a while ago, but was still very fresh in his memory. Deep down he could still hear the ripping of flesh, the squeals from the two brutes, the daggers hitting down on bones and bruising the pelts.