the Rift

[OPEN] Almost An End [Quest Thread]

Azale Moniet Posts: 49
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 3 Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Azale Moniet
What A Deadly Angel You've Become

Well, this is it. This is the last place I am going to kill innocent little animals. Maybe they wouldn't mind it so much.... After all, anything had to be better than living here. The place was disgusting enough already.... But walking off the path in broad daylight made me even more aware of the dangers of this marsh. From time to time the dead body of some poor animal.... Or a poor Helovian.... Would rise to the surface as I walked. At first I squealed and jumped, but the more it happened the more determind I was to finish this and finally go back to that horrible Moon Goddess.... If I did not live in the lands she was the patron of.. Well, maybe that would all change soon anyway.

None of that mattered as I spotted my first victim of three. Another rat.... oh joy... Except this rat was much bigger than those I have encountered before... Maybe from eating on so many dead bodies here in the marsh. Quickly I leap forward, the only sould heard was a loud splash as I landed back in the water, the rat under my front hooves. I dared not move until I saw red tint the water. Disgusted I let the dead rat float to the top, before placing it in a nearby tree.

My eyes almost at once look around for the next victim. I was so ready to finish this. I had already moved my pile of dead and rotting bodies closer to the Vein.... These three would be the last. If that purple wench did not give me my magic.... Well I would seek out her brother instead. After all, I prefered the warmth and light he gave over the darkness and wind she did. Wait, what was that.... Oh ewww. Come on! Why do I have to see that!? A marsh ferret sat contently, on top of a dead corpse.... I did not want to know what, just knew that the ferret who was starting to eat hte corpse needed to die. I shifted in the water, quietly as I could. The ferret I don't think ever saw me coming. I even had time to shift to put my hind quaters facing the gross little creature. With a strong kick, the ferret went sailing backward into a tree. I watched as he slumped into the water, little air bubbles marking the spot. Carefully, I moved to the base of that tree... Oh eww... I so don't want to do this but I don't want to have to make an extra kill.... Gently I pluck the dead ferret from the water, his spine snapped in two.

I move back to where the rat is and leave the ferret there as well.... Just one more... That's all I need... One more and I am finally done! My orange eyes look around... Have I scared eveything else away? I hope not. I am covered in grime and dirt and blood... I just want to end this thing. And then I hear a scratching noise... My ears flicker around listening. It's close. A bit to close for my comfort. I turn and what do I see, but a filthy badger trying to climb up and steal my kills. Oh no you don't! Quickly as I can I move sideways away from the badger. I couldn't let it know I was the murderer now could I? I watch as he continues to climb up, until it's perfect. I rear up, using my double sets of wings for balance before allowing my hooves to connect with the badger's skull. I feel the crack and the squish... Oh ewww. I hate this part, so much. But there... It's finished.... Well almost... She better not find any fault with any of my kills.... I carefully load these three onto my back. Off to the Veins I go....
"talk talk talk"

[Image: 51535cdaae0d8]
"Oh the things we do for power..."
lines by tamme; coloring by paddeh