the Rift

[PRIVATE] Governess

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
The voice of the god commanded her, a gentle suggestion that the girl took to heart. Share her knowledge with Solace. But what knowledge, she wondered. Was she even worthy to share such things with another? She hardly knew what she did. The images came to her in bursts of brilliance but there was no thought behind the things. The wall had been her task, appointed by the Lady Mirage, and she knew she had to complete. As for the gifts for the herds... they had come to her in her sleep. Kahlua had simply assumed them guidance from the Moon Goddess, though the truth was simply that she had dreamed them up. Of course, Solace would know nothing of the statues, having yet to deliver the Foothills'. Still, even with all these confusing thoughts whirling through her head, the girl knew what needed to be done.

Smiling to the green maned stallion, Kahlua nickered and then bowed her head to the god one final time before trotting off for a while. It would be better to be away from the group, a more intimate conversation, though the girl would have been happy to mingle in amongst them forever. She was a social girl, happiest when surrounded by others, but new friends were almost as good and she was very eager to learn what trick Solace would have been gifted by the god.

As she moved, the sun beat down upon her, drying her coat that was wet from her rolling in the salt water. Even the gentle breeze that played off of the crashing waves was hot, providing no relief from the sun god's joyous display. Therefore, looking back to see if Solace had followed or not, the girl changed her course and plowed into the crashing waves of the beach, moving off of the shore until the water lapped against her belly. Finally content with her position, she turned around, looking for the stallion, blue eyes searching with gusto. “I'm Kahlua,” she called, voice dancing brilliantly. If her words could have sparkled, they surely would have. Now, to figure out what she was supposed to share.

@[Solace]

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I had a dream I stood beneath an orange sky.</style>

Solace wasn’t sure what to think when the Earth God addressed the mare and mentioned similar gifts. There was a light breeze, but all he felt confusion. What knowledge could the paint mare share with him? His blue gaze rested on her briefly, but he would most definitely take to heart what was said to him by Father Earth. The mare smiled at him, and nickered toward him. Solace merely offered a dip of his head in return, but decided to follow behind her as she moved away from the group. He gave a farewell to the earth god, unsure of what gift had been bestowed upon him.

He watched the mare slip into the water. Silently he contemplated whether or not he truly desired to dive into the waves. The allure of the cool waves won out, and Solace slipped into the water and the coolness felt good against his skin. His ears perked up when he heard the mare call to him. Before he gave the mare his name, he walked out beside her. “I’m Solace,” he said dipping his head toward the mare. “May I be so bold as to ask what your abilities are? I’m afraid I am not sure what precisely gifts he was referring to.”

Honestly, Solace felt like a bit of a fool for not realizing what had been bestowed upon him. Within the back of his mind he wondered if it was related to his recently expressed interest in the path of being a mason, only time would tell it seemed though.
text

Image Credits

I'm Solace. The very presence of the stallion beside her made her smile, content to be near another, especially one that shared her gifts- at least according to Father Earth. The stallion seemed rather confused about what he was supposed to be doing, based upon the words that followed. As for his question- the mare was admittedly rather confused herself. Of course, she knew what she did, but that wasn't exactly what Father Earth had told her to do. If he had wanted to just tell the stallion that Kahlua was Glazier, he would have. For a moment, the girl frowned in silent contemplation, the words she knew she needed just not finding the way to her brain. Finally, she sighed and looked to the stallion.

“Well, it's just,” she began stupidly, looking him up and down, but as quickly as she had been confused, she was right once more. An image came to her mind and she knew exactly what she was supposed to do- at least, she knew what she thought she was supposed to do. Her voice gained a much brighter quality as she spoke again. “Here, um... Let's get closer to the mists!” She looked around her, finally finding a somewhat shady area under a cliff where the waves seemed to crash and then produce fine particulate water that hung in the air. It was perfect for the girl's purposes.

“I just start by....” How did she start? “Well, I guess I just get a really good picture in my head of what it is I want, and then I just concentrate.” Truth be told, the girl did not understand how her magic worked, but she knew she had it and she knew she loved it. Without another word, the girl went to work. She closed her eyes, finding the image, and then she began to hum. The humming was not necessary, of course, but Father Earth's song still hung in her mind and it made the work seem to go by faster.

Slowly but steadily, the mists began to gather together, coming closer and condensing upon one another until they began so close they solidified. With time, the mists began glass, piling upon one another. It soon became obvious that the girl was making a glass rod, the thing being about 5 feet long. When it was finally to its full height, the mists began to ball up on one another at the top. They too, began to weave and meld and mix. Time passed and the sun moved across the sky for the hour or so it took the girl to do her work, but when she was done she was pleased. It was a glass staff, the top of it bearing a likeness of Father Earth's head with his two swirling ram's horns.

Grabbing the thing from the air before it crashed to the ground, Kahlua meandered over to the shore and stuck the bottom portion into the sand. She was tired, but proud of herself for what she had made. “That's what I do!” Her voice bounced with gaiety, eyes bright as she looked to the stallion for approval. “It would break in battle... I didn't temper it to stay strong in such conditions,” she said as she looked him over, wondering if he was a warrior. “But it's yours to keep, should you want it!” Pausing quickly, curious to see if he would take the gift she so desperately wanted to give him, she finished with one final thoguht. “What material would you work with?” Did he even know?

OOC| I don't really have a reference image. It's just a clear glass staff with the earth god head on the top end. Good for sticking in the ground and looking pretty, not much else :) @[Solace]- Just tagging in case you missed this. No rush, I promise <3

Adoptable

Solace watched the girl in complete silence as she thought. Ideas lurked within the back of his mind, but he had no desire to get his hopes up for something that may not be true. The mare spoke and his ears perked forward as she spoke and planned to listen attentively, but no explanation came from her lips. She proceeded to speak again, but these words didn’t give away what precisely this mare could do. Mist? What use was mist? He kept all of these questions locked behind closed lips. There was no reason to be rude, after all, this mare perhaps planned on showing him what she could do with the mist.

Then the mare spoke again as she found a bit of mist. He only nodded in response to her words. Then Kahlua closed her eyes and began to do… Whatever it was that she could do. Solace’s eyes widened as he watched the mists begin to shift and.. Holy shit! As whatever she was making began to come together, it slowly dawned him. Solace could craft, he had been given the capabilities of the mason. He gave up a silent prayer up to Earth God in thanks for his gift to him. Perhaps with this ability he would be of far more use to his herds. Ideas move about in the back of his mind. There were an endless amount of possibilities of ways to benefit his herd with this gift.

As time passed, Solace just kept watching the rod’s creation be completed. Then it was complete, and the mare gripped it. He tried to get a good look at it, but wasn’t given the opportunity to study it when she placed it into the sand. “Your work is stunning!” Solace said finally breaking his longstanding silence. Then Kahlua offered him the staff and he dipped his head towards. “Thank you Kahlua for your gift, it shall be a good reminder to me.”

Then the mare asked him what material he worked with. Solace racked his brain trying to remember what Apollo had said the mason worked with. “Stone,” He said as he finally remembered. He now felt as though he should give the mare something in return, but he wasn’t precisely sure how to use his own gift. In his opinion he should focus on helping and benefitting his herd before making trinkets. Maybe he could craft a pendent or something. Pretty things weren’t precisely his specialty, but maybe in time he could figure something out. “If I had any clue how to work with my magic, and there was stone, I’d give you something in return for your generosity.” He said to the mare, unsure of how exactly to express his thanks to her.

Image Credits

Your work is stunning! If she was a bird, she would have preened. She arched her neck a little, tipping her head this way and that as she neighed a soft thanks. Modesty wasn't really the girl's style, though, so she wouldn't deny that she thought the thing was beautiful too. After all, why else would she have made it? And so as he thanked her, bowing his head, she did the same, dipping her head down low. The soft sloshing of the waves upon the sands seemed to accentuate the serenity of the situation, offering gentle background music to replace that which Father Earth had presented to them.

Stone. She looked him over, trying to categorize his name and his trade together into one place in her brain. She really should work on trying to get to know more of the crafters that stayed here in Helovia. At least she had found one, finally. “Where do you call home?” she interjected quickly afterwords, curious as to what his answer would be. For all the things Lace had told her, he had not mentioned which herds had which materials to work with. And on top of that, Kahlua did not know if he was an outcast that had just been given a magical gift. With the scent of saltwater in the air, it was difficult to smell anything else.

As he offered something in return, Kahlua only shook her head. Despite all her faults, greed was not one of them. “It's fine, my friend. The Edge asks only for an offer of peace, from you, if you will give it.” She bobbed her head, trying her best to continue her diplomatic work. Peace on Helovia was all she wanted. Could it ever be?

And then, because she so often just wanted to talk, she began to chatter on again, offering the few bits of knowledge that Lace had offered her here and there. “I think it's best to make sure you know exactly what you're trying to make looks like. Make sure you can rotate it in your head to see all sides and angles.” She paused a moment, then spoke some more. “Of course, standing objects need a wider base than top, and be careful that the weight is not too much at the top.” She was going to mention something about the armor she had made, but she wasn't exactly sure how that would work with his stone magic. “I can temper my glass to be strong, to not break. I wonder if you can change the properties of your stone?” But she at least offered the question, in case he would be able to think about it.

Adoptable

Solace smiled at the mare’s reaction to his compliment. To be able to create such beautiful things, made him feel all the more excited to make use of his new blessing. Of course he saw himself more useful in the defense department as stone wasn’t precisely the most stunning of works. There would always b the opportunity to experiment and see what he could do. Trial and error would be the only way to see what he could do. His attention was pulled from thought’s of his creation and toward a question the painted mare presented before him. “I’m from the Foothills.” He said. It would be a curiosity to see how she would react. There would be no surprise if she still held ill-will toward his homeland. There wouldn’t be any blame either. As Solace’s family had attacked and tried to rip the land away from the Edge, for no reason other than the Basin requested it.

Now was an opportunity to form some kind of positive view for his home. Creating ties with another crafter could very much in the end benefit them. Particularly himself on the chance he would need the assistance of another to craft something. The mare then sated what repayment would be, peace, ah yes that was something he himself sought and desire above many things. “My peace you shall have.” He offered in return. Of course, should another dispute arise between their families, he knew such an offer would have be to withdrawn. He just wouldn’t make any promises.

Solace listened to every word the mare said as she went on. Her eagerness for conversation was almost cute, but the draft wouldn’t ever admit that. As she went on about her magic he took in every word and committed it to memory. Already various images were beginning to form in his mind of things he could make. There was an almost boyish excitement growing in his chest.

“Hm, perhaps I could… Such as making a stone smooth like when it’s pulled from a river.” He shrugged, unsure of what all there was he could do. “I wonder if I could get a stone to a polished consistency. That would definitely be something to play with. I have another question for you… Is it possible for your creations to animate your creations? In the sense that you can get them to move?”
@[Kahlua]

Image Credits

@[Kahlua]

Foothills. Kahlua bobbed her head kindly enough, herd mind drifting off to thoughts of Atka and Artemis that made their home there. More friends spread all across the world. She was working hard at being a social butterfly, though it never felt like work to her. Making friends came so easily, so naturally to the girl, that she couldn't imagine why anyone would ever want to fight in this whole, wide world. But then, she never did understand politics. Good thing the girl was not in charge. She would certainly be the downfall of her herd.

At least her suggestion of peace had worked. It had been Mirage's idea, really, Kahlua would give away all her work as gifts in a heart-beat, by her own accord, but following Mirage was as important to the girl as anything. What she had done without the black mare in her life, what she would continue to do without her... Kahlua could not imagine.

Then he asked about animation and the girl furrowed her brow a bit. She hadn't actually ever tried to animate them, but she had just assumed it to be a bit of magic she was not privy to. “Not that I know of,” she offered with a slight drop in her voice, but then she went on a moment later. “But a stallion at the Aurora Basin made me a metal scorpion that moves, it recognizes my form and follows me, if I ask it to. I left it at home today...” She trailed off a moment, thinking about her interaction with Ulrik. She didn't actually know his name, he had never offered it. She should have asked.

But, nevertheless, it seemed that her work here was done. The stallion was pondering the lengths of his own abilities and Kahlua had little more to offer in the way of education, new to the Glazier position as she was. “If you need anything else, please call upon me in the Edge. I'd love to see you again, Solace,” she finished with a final deep nod of her head. And then with a joyful whinny to the ocean and sky, she took off at a canter, headed back home. Short attention span. But she was a lovable enough child, in the end.

OOC| Thread seemed about over and I'm trying to thin down my current thread count a little, but Kahlua officially thinks Solace is fantastic and would be more than happy to collaborate with him in the future. Let me know if you need anything!