the Rift

New Threads

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
satanic silk

He searched the canopy, looking for an opening in the dark growth that would allow him a safe landing. It took a few moments, but finally in his scanning he saw what looked to be a soft grassy area, free of branches and thistles. With a great flap of his leathery wings he slowed his descent and oriented his body so his hindquarters could land first, letting the powerhouse of his body do the work. He lowered himself slowly to the ground, and with care was able to make only the quietest sound.

Not too shabby.

He tucked his wings into his sides, flapping one slightly to get out a kink. Once he was settled, he looked around. There wasn't too much to see -- he was surrounded by forest and it was the middle of the night. The clouds hid the moon, and only those nocturnal animals could really see much of anything. He shook his mane and stretched out his neck, sniffing the ground. It smelled like other horses. Horses, the normal, boring kind.. But he also caught the scent of unicorns, and others like him - pegasi. The scents of the different species weren't terribly different, but there was something just a little bit unique about each. He lifted his head and looked off into the darkness in front of him.

Let's see what this place has to offer....

The thought sounded optimistic, but he snorted derisively and barely stifled and awkward horse-y laugh. He kept a low profile as he moved through the timber, senses alert to any creatures that might be awake and wandering as he was.

OOC: well.. let's see how this goes. I know his personality isn't totally filled out.. but I still am trying to get a feel for him, obviously.
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Apodis Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Eaglecry

Apodis

I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

He trudged on down from the colder places, still his mind was so unsure on everything. The buckskin just didn't know what to do anymore, so why not imersify himself in recruiting others, perhaps he'd find someone that could help him. The hot summer sun bared down upon his golden pelt a sheen of sweat already raising. The stag just could not escape the power of the fire-y ball high in the sky. The tree's did provide shade, though the heat was just unbearable still. Waves hung in the air, hovering lower around the foliage, almost like the ripple of a pond, but not water was around.
The stag could sense others around, moving slow and sluggish through the thick forest, ears pricked when the soft sound of a winged one landing came close by. The throat was particularly interested with the pegasi, this was his chance to make things better, to show his face with a prize. A wicked grin spread across his lips. Prizee.. Yes, this will be perfect. The stag chuckled softly to himself, the sound almost sinister in nature. Something was up with him.
He tread on wards, towards the sound, the smell of the other, appearing just out from the bushes on the winged ones left and behind. He stood there, with a flick of his mane and a swish of his tail to swat the flies buzzing around him. They were too persistent in the heat and it aggravated the boy to no end and no doubt the rest of Helovia. He bowed courteously, he had respect, Showed respect, even to those unknown. "Welcome to Helovia dear sir" His words may have been polite, but there was a slight edge to his voice. "I am Apodis, one of the Desert, The Dragons Throat, perhaps you'd find settlement there. If that's what you were after." At this point in time, he had already raised his head, speaking directly to the leather winged almost demonic looking stallion. Perhaps he'd come in handy.

"Talk Talk Talk"

image credits
table by whit
[Image: 525f791c057b6]64HP
[Image: 52878c6669a55]
Lines by bronzehalo

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
satanic silk

The stallion heard someone approach from behind and his two slick ears swiveled back, listening to the pine needles crack under the other stallion's hooves. An ear flicked as he heard the chuckle of the other. What little joke am I missing out on, I wonder. As the other stallion spoke to him, he turned around, and stood squarely facing the buckskin in front of him.

The other horse knelt courteously. His first instinct was to snap the other horse's neck, being in such an advantageous position. But that was just instinct. He unfolded his wings and flapped them once, sending a gust of wind through his own mane and toward the other horse, then bent a knee as well and let his wings splay over the ground.

Apodis, I am Satan's Silk. He rose and eyed the buckskin with interest. A home might not be a bad idea.

He took a step toward Apodis, tucking his wings back against his silky black body and cocked an ear, the other sliding back. The edge he heard was unsettling, and Silk wasn't sure if he wanted to address it or not. Instead of making a fuss, he let it slide.

[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.