the Rift

Why is this my Destiny?

Trinity Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Trinity
The life of three lies in my path

Trinity leapt over logs and fallen braches, landing silently in the stillness of the night. Her eyes were the only thing colorful in the new dark forest she had come over. This was a new land of which Trinity didn't know of. She liked it. The stillness and the darkness around her. She loved the way the warm night breeze drifted by her ears making them twitch.

She wanted to rest her thin legs. They were tired from all the hiding and waiting. She was cleaver, but never too tough with the darkness. Some could see, so she had to be quick about it or one would find her in the night. She came across a quite clearing where she could wait for others. So she now lays and waits for them. Her sky blue eyes where full of tire and overwhelming thought.

She closed her eyes as she stood. She thought of what the new land would look like when she awoke in the morning. Or how it would change. She hoped it wouldn't because she loved it. She loved the dark.
She opened her eyes for a moment, looking down at her marking of three. She didn't know how she got it, because both her mother and father were both equines of no horn. How had she gotten like this? She just didn't know.

Now, she stand there in the night. Nothing able to waker her from her deep slumber. No dreams coming upon her. Nothing. Just pure black stillness of sleep and slow breathing.

The girl didn't even awake when the sun began to climb the dark sky, bringing light to the land. She didn't even awake when the birds started to sing. She didn't even awake when the sun took on heat and cast it down on to the new land of Helvoia where she now stood.

"Talking."
w/c: 311

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
Night washed over the Helovian lands, putting the warrior slightly on edge. It had been a long time since he had visited the threshold, for he had been content in his home, the Foothills. The male was patrolling the area, in case there were some night dwellers wandering about the forest , but Arrane was hoping there wasn't anyone about, especially wicked horses.

A warm breeze came by, slightly ruffling the white stallion's mane, and reassuring him to tread deeper into the dense forest. Cyan orbs flashed around, gazing warily at every shadow and the looming figures of the trees. After walking about the forest for what seemed like an eternity, the black sky began to lighten up, and was soon colored with the hues of dawn's sun. Smiling, and relieved that daylight had returned, Arrane began walking out of the heart of the threshold back in the direction towards his beloved home.

The sun rose after a while, and the white stallion had resided to lazily walking and munching on every shoot of green grass he saw. Due to his pre-dawn walk, his stomach was grumbling in protest at his growing hunger. The trees giant canopies shaded him from the fierce sun, but soon enough Arrane was feeling somewhat thirsty and started picking up his pace back home, that was until a dark shape was lying before him on the forest ground.

Staring quizzically at the form, the warrior realized it was the slender body of a filly. Walking cautiously up to her, his voice tried to rouse the lady out of her sleep. Taking another look, he realized that the unicorn before him was not a filly, but such a petite mare.

"Hello", his vocals called, trying wake her, hoping to try and recruit another sister back to The Grey. "Are you okay, Miss?" Respectfully, he bent down and nudged her slender neck softly, receding after trying to move her. All ladies needed space, and he didn't know how she would react if he tried to wake her from her profound sleep.

Pandora Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Pandora

and the words came down in tatters and flames

I am driven, determined, and setting out on achieving my goals. Though I am still a foreigner to this land I can see the wickedness of oppression, intolerance, and racism. All of these things must be stopped and I know it is my time to rise up and cease this foolishness. These people will be given a voice, unlike in those herds that are led by but one figure who decides the fate of all. What right they believe they have to live upon a throne and command those ‘below’ them is beyond me. I’m a maiden tainted in sin, but I am rising above this. A new dawn is happening, and just like I became a creature of the dusk, I will be a creature of the dawn. Bringing hope, the one thing that had been left within the box Pandora so boldly opened. Let my new family be home. All I need now is members, brothers and sisters to join in my fight for justice and righteousness.

Recruiting is far beyond my capacity, but I am eloquent, I can speak to people. Everything I say I must phrase carefully, my quest needs to be quiet for now. Once our numbers are great we will be a roaring unstoppable beast. Oppressors will kneel at our feet. Their blood will seep into the soil as they receive the justice they receive. Within my herd, the people will be the voice, and they will guide me. Our fire will burn so very soon
Voices draw me closer. Silently I move toward them, and I see a stallion over a mare. My ears swivel back as I feel a bit of a flame spark within me. I step out from the forest with my emerald gaze narrowed. “Tsk, you touch a woman while she sleeps.” I hiss as I approach. The mare is vulnerable, any respectable stallion should keep his distance. I keep my distance, but I stare at him, a harsh and judgmental glare.

A sister would be an excellent place for me to start. One by one I will welcome members into the band and we will show this disgusting world what is coming to them. I flick my tail and snort before turning my gaze to the woman that rests. “Precious lady, I do not doubt your strength, but should this brute be bothering you I will proudly assist you in driving him away. My name is Pandora, and I welcome you the land of Helovia.”

"blah blah blah."

Image Credit

Sakura Posts: 41
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: Two Years (at time of death) Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Why was I out wandering out in the early daylight? Surely my siblings would yell and repremand me for leaving and not saying where I was going. But I needed a bit of freedom now that we were back home. To Aaron this may not be home just yet, but to me it was all I had ever known. My mother and father, may they both rest in peace, had died here. Aaron at least could understand that. Nothing would ever pull me from this place again. While we had been gone, Takara and I had grown. My mane and tail had filled out more, my forelock falling in my face as I cantered. How good it was to be young and free. Hard to believe I was a yearling now. All four of us, my siblings and I, we were growing up. Soon, I really needed to find a way to heal my sister's eyes. But for now, I was going to the Threshold to see what was going on.

It was somewhere new, somewhere I hadn't been much, if at all come to think of it. As the sun moved higher and higher into the sky, I came across a small gathering. There was one mare, clearly sleeping. Another mare, well she had just been speaking to the stallion who was also there. What didn't make sense, is why they wer speaking to someone who was so clearly sleeping. I approached quietly, getting closer before speaking. "Perhaps she has had a long journey... We should let her sleep. There will be time to talk when she wakes." My light green eyes move to the stallion and the mare. Finally they rested on the mare who was sound asleep. I wondered what her story was, and if she would want a home that had a herd who was like one big family...

"talk"

Sakura
my heart is ever at your service
background pattern by webstreatsetc.deviantart.com

Unregistered

Trinity
The life of three lies in my path

That of a voice half roused her from her slumber. A twitch of the ear, but no other movements occur. She lay there still asleep, the close of her eyes and rest of her weary body drain her of tire. Another muffled voice spoke, and her neck was gently nudged with what felt like a soft muzzle. Trinity still didn't want to awake, she fought to keep her silent sleep going. Forcing herself back to the serenity of silence.

She hopped whatever it was that nudged her would go. She didn't care for others now that she was asleep. But she still hopped this new land was of others. She still kept still and silent.

Another voice had come. One of scold. The petite mare thought it was a dream coming on, but nothing had appeared before her in the picture of the dream. The voice came again, it was directed to someone. Maybe her. Maybe it was others around her. Her eyes flickered open for a moment to see a mustang like woman of emerald orbs. And a man of pure white standing before her. But she let herself fade back to the silence once again, not going to bother with them until she was fully rested. Well, maybe.

A softer voice came. The mare was now getting annoyed of the slight ruckus that may or may not be happening as she slept. But it spoke of soft words. Ones of truth.

The mare finally decided to awake, feeling no tire she let her eyes flutter open. She saw, to her amazement a white stallion, and the mustang woman she saw in her dream. There was a new, the trusted voice, she had guessed. It was a cremello filly. She a beautiful sight.
Trinity then looked at their emotions. The filly, a kind soft face. The mustang lady of green orbs, trusted, mysterious, scolding. That voice of her dream! The one of scold. Then, the stallion, the one who nudged her. His cyan orbs glistening, only his expression was of pure honesty.

Trin looked at all of them, up and down. She then nodded once, her head in the middle of the group, not to single out one. "Hello" she spoke quite words, that she was scared that they were going to be swept away from the unexpectedly cold wind.

She was scared. Scared her destiny wasn't going to be how it seemed. What if these horses wanted nothing of her but death? No! The kind and Honest looks on their faces could never be plastered there because of dishonesty. No. Trinity wouldn't let herself think of it. She didn't want to believe it.

"Talking."

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
It hadn't take long for other horses to arrive, and they were all mares. The first one that arrived particulary bothered him almost first off, as his once kind cyan eyes were narrowed in annoyance. "Well, it is rude of you to assume things without even knowing. I was seeing to see if she was alright, and there would be no way that I would take advantage of anyone in this state", his voice was steady, but anger was laced in every word he spoke. How dare this outcast, that didn't even know him, come to say lies.

"Drive me away? I am a trained warrior, of course I would never hurt mares! That is unacceptable!", oh, and now she underestimated his skill and his good values. Taking a deep breath, he needed to cool down, and push the little spark of arrogance he had down inside of him. There was no need to put on a mean appearance, and once again, he smiled at the lady. "Excuse me", he said, stepping away from the sleeping mare as another approached the seen. The pure white mare was beautiful, with silky mane and a beautiful complexion, but he regarded her by bowing his head.

"You have a point, Miss", directing his speech to the white lady, he stood watching until at last, the small mare on the ground began stirring. "Hello M'lady, excuse me for disturbing you. My name is Arrane of the Foothills", introducing himself, he stayed quiet after that, waiting for the other mares to say something. He didn't wanted to further intrude, for he knew some ladies could be quite aggressive. Finding humor in the situation, he stood back and watched with worry, hoping that the dark mare on the ground was alright.

Unregistered
Everyone, Please read! Selkie is putting Pandora on AA/ Deleting her. Please move on with the thread like nothing happened! :) Thanks!

@[Arrane] @[Sakura] @[Solace] <-- I know, but I just wanted to let Selkie know we are moving on! :)

Thanks!

Sakura Posts: 41
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: Two Years (at time of death) Buff: NOVICE
Emily

It was so sudden that the ebon mare walked away, I just did not know how to act. One minute she had been there, saying she would defend the sleeping mare... The next, poof gone. Well now I needed to focus on what was going on in front of me, as the sleeping mare woke and began to speak to those of us, well the two of us still standing here. The stallion clearly from his rude words about being a warrior had no idea how to use tact in conversation. I was so thankful I had grown up around others that for the most part did.

Now it seemed it was my turn to speak. My voice was the same tone I had used before, but a little bit stronger and louder. "I am Sakura, one of the World's Edge Acolyte Nurses." I stepped closer, looking to the stallion for a moment. Was he one of the Grey then? I mean, last the Edge knew they were all mercenaries for hire.... They had even helped the Basin attack my home... Could I trust him? I then looked back to the mare and spoke again. "It is not safe for one to rest here for long.... To much coming and going in the wilds..." I should know... My parents had been killed in two different areas of Helovia in the wilds. If I could help it I would not allow another to have that happen. Not when it clearly looked like she needed the rest.
"Talking"
Sakura