the Rift

[PRIVATE] sunlight

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow
For @[Ciceron]

All day the mare had toiled, fighting through the heat in her quest to discover where this queer path lead. She had discovered it hours earlier and, ever curious, had decided to see where it ended up; she hadn't bargained on just how long it took, however, nor had she taken into consideration quite how hot it was in the blistering midday sun. The path was obscured in fog, and Nyx was wary as she placed one hoof in front of the other, mindful of the fact she could tumble to her death if she took one wrong step. She climbed and climbed until her sides were beaded with sweat and her breath came in heavy gasps, her body telling her to turn and head home but her heart and determination telling her to keep going till the bitter end.

Finally the path levelled out and the fog cleared before her, revealing a glorious field filled with lush grass and endless space. She must have ascended an entire mountain, as she suddenly realised it was not fog but clouds that she had fought through. The sun was setting over the distant horizon, casting the entire field into a bloody orange glow, and despite her tiredness Nyx found herself bounding forwards with gusto, kicking up her heels as she cantered through the thick grass. Ever since gaining her sight as a young child, the girl had held an appreciation for the wonders of the world, after spending many of her early months lost in darkness. She revelled in beauty, and this field atop the mountain was one of the most glorious things she had ever seen. Slowing to a halt, the mare lowered her head and sampled the lush grass, tail swishing despite the lack of flies at this altitude - it was simply habit. ""

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Throwing himself down into the greenery the dappled stallion drew enjoyment from the feeling of the earth beneath his skin. Kicking his feet up he rolled allowing the hard ground to grind against his back soothing any itch it came across and ridding it of any built up dust. As his body became upright once more he paused for a moment or two just enjoying the afternoon sunlight against his skin warming him from the outside in. As powerful limbs stretched forth he heaved his muscular yet slender frame from the earth with practiced ease before shaking himself free of any remaining tendrils that clung to his coat. Snorting in satisfaction as his long tail whisked over his sides his silver orbs took in the beauty of the land around him.

This place was one of his personal favourites by far with its endless sea of green and that vast freedom it created lifting any downed spirits. Before him stretched a large open plain that invited one to enjoy and be free and discover the world. Not all lands were as inviting as the one before him so it was easy to give in to his pleasure. Drawing in a slow breath another scent lingered upon the field, one that had not been there before when he had arrived. Tilting his head his eyes caught sight of the source as in the distance a mare appeared upon the scene. Watching her with curiosity for a moment or two he weighed his choices of either going to say hello or just minding his own business. Shrugging his shoulders in defeat he gave in to his social needs and set out at a long flowing trot in her direction. The silver markings adorning the lower portion of his body sparkled brilliantly in the radiant sun making him feel rather like a giant disco ball completely out of place.

Only when his stride carried him within earshot of the fae did he slow before nickering gently to the mare in greeting. Hopefully she would care to speak to him, he did rather enjoy getting to know new people, everyone was so unique and always had a different story to tell. Standing still he perked his ears forward hoping to receive at least an answering call or if he was lucky maybe even for the mare to make the decision to come join him. Already his day had started out rather well and it could only get better with the company of another.

TAGS: @[Nyx]
MUSE: Good
NOTES: :)

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

The grass was lush and delicious, and the mare happily chomped away without a care in the world. She was used to the arid, harsh conditions of the savannah and so such an abundance of fresh grass was like Christmas come early for her. It wasn't long before she lifted her head with a mouthful of green shoots, just in time to see a dappled form trotting towards her. Her ears pivoted curiously atop her head, listening to his hoofbeats as he got closer and closer. He politely stopped a short distance away and nickered to her, a sound the mare politely returned - he left the choice to her whether to approach, and like the social butterfly she was, she did. His horn encouraged her; she had no issue with other species, but knew that they often had a problem with her. She was always far less wary around other unicorns, knowing that they were less likely to randomly attack her.

As she approached she noticed the silvery markings on his body, and oggled at them for a moment before realising she was likely being rather rude. "Hello there, mister," she greeted with a small dip of her skull. "Odd place this, isn't it?" She gestured round at the field - it was certainly strange to have such a ripe, alive plain of grass at the top of a mountain, where the air was thinner. Nyx was rapidly coming to realise that Helovia was a hotbed of magical activity, and wondered if perhaps this was an example of it. "I'm Nyx, of the World's Edge," she said by way of introduction.

First impressions were the things that tended to stick in ones mind for the entire time you were to know them, so the importance of making a decent first impression often determined the friend status for many. He had been known in the past to come across as intimidating upon first meeting so he was always quite self conscious as to how others perceived him or at least tried to be. Noticing the mare's reaction to his greeting immediately made his mouth turn up into a smile as he returned her gesture as she approached. So far he had yet to meet many of his own species so this was a pleasurable treat for him to have a mutual consent to conversation. Her introduction was simple which he listened to before concocting one of his own to respond with.

"Please call me Ciceron." He commented brightly before his own gaze mimicked the path that Nyx's had traveled moments earlier. The meadow was quite beautiful in its own way, especially in the early morning light. The first time he had come across this piece of land he had thought it to be part of some herd land for it was perfect to sustain its own. When he had learned it to be more of a social getaway he was glad as it permitted him to return at his own convenience at a later date. "It is nice to meet you Nyx, what brings you all the way up here? It is quite a hike depending on the route you take but very worthwhile to just take in the view."

Now that the trees had begun to change colour it was incredible to look out over the hills and see the coloured landscape stretch out before your eyes. When things became snow covered in only a few short weeks the trek to get here might become rather tedious and dangerous but it would be interesting to see just what the rest of the land would look like covered in a white veil of powder. The mare before him would blend in easily to a whitened landscape, he thought as his eyes returned to meet those blue of Nyx.

•• MUSE: Ok
•• TAGS: @[Nyx]
•• NOTES: I apologize for the wait, things have been so up and down lately. ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

OOC: No worries <33 @[Ciceron]

He introduced himself, but didn't volunteer information about his home, if he had one. In time, Nyx would likely learn to detect the scents of the different herds on other's pelts, but during these maiden months she was still in the dark about a lot of Helovia's places and residents. "it was quite a trek, but worth it in the end. i can only put it down to morbid curiosity - i saw a path, and just had to follow it." She chuckled, the sound coming out as a throaty whicker. She was naturally curious - too curious, it was often said - and Helovia was like a sweet shop for her. So many new lands, so many nooks and crannies, so many places for her to get her hooves dirty; she was like a tourist, preferring to see the sights rather than just be told about them. It was far more satisfying that way, and no description could have done this area justice.

"and yourself?" If he was a long-term Helovia resident, he likely already knew of this queer place. She accepted that, like during her own time in Isilme, strange things just became second nature. Most of her fellows at the Edge had seemed unpeturbed by the giant glass wall, whereas the iron lady herself had found herself both baffled and wary of the bizarre structure. To natives of this place, a lush field in the clouds was probably relatively mundane. The patterns on Ciceron's body made her wonder if odd markings were a common occurence as well, and she thought of her mother, who had possessed those odd spirals of light around her horn and left foreleg. She'd then spent the best part of five years out in the wilderness where nobody had anything out of the ordinary, save for wings and horns - returning to a land where normality was nonexistant would take some getting used to.

Curiosity bloomed as the wind changed direction at random sending the unfamiliar scent of salt and earth his direction. He could remember meeting another with the same scents attached to their own, where had they been from again? Was it the edge or something like that perhaps? It was interesting how the area one resided most often tended to cling to one's body almost as a claim. Maybe it was a way the earth god kept track of its people of various regions or something. His humour was not exactly the most amusing at times but at least he was able to keep himself amused when it counted. Everyone had to get some thrill out of life, since there was no one else to provide his entertainment he had learned to listen to the thoughts conjured to create some.

If he ever told anyone there was no doubt in his mind they would believe him to be completely insane, but who would they be if not partially insane. " My story is much the same as your own i'm afraid. This place was quite striking when I first happened upon it so I decided to return." He commented chuckling softly. As if on cue Merou emerged from his hiding place within the tall grass now that there was no evident danger to lounge between his front hooves gazing up at Nyx with curiosity. The cub was so inquisitive of strangers but lacked the confidence to face them on his own. "I would like you to meet Merou, he has been accompanying me for the last couple days." He commented with a chuckle nodding down to the spirit cub who was now flopped over digging in the dirt with his claws.

He would sure miss the little fellow when it came time for him to leave, it was like having a true friend again. If only there was someone else to fill the void when he was gone. Turning his head down to observe the cub he couldn't help but laugh at his short attention span, despite being a spirit he shared the life like qualities of any young creature. Fearlessness, shyness, yet the heart of gold when you got the opportunity to get to know him.

••MUSE: Good •• TAGS: @[Nyx] •• NOTES: <3 ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

She nodded in appreciation of his own story - it seemed this part of Helovia drew the hooved folk like flies. A disturbance in the grass caused the silver mare's attention to shift towards Ciceron's hooves, where there was suddenly a bear cub nestled like a babe at its mother's teat. Something about the creature didn't look quite right, yet Nyx couldn't put her finger on it. Instead she gave herself a wry smile, thinking it ironic that every single equine she had met in Helovia aside from her own father had a companion of some sort. Be it dragon, hellhound, owl or bear cub, it seemed Helovia's residents held an insatiable desire to bond to others. She noticed a trend in the companions; they all seemed to be carnivores. It was odd to her that herbivores like themselves should choose to open their minds and hearts to creatures who they were naturally a foodsource for, but she supposed the beasts made for good protection. Maybe they also provided an insight into the enemy's mind, so to speak - observing one at such close quarters must make it easier to understand them.

She continued to look at the cub, conceding that it was rather cute - it would be less cute when it was grown and full of teeth and claws to tear into horseflesh, but that was a good few months away. "Oh, he's adorable. Where did you get him?" She resisted the urge to squeeze the little cub's cheeks and make a cooing sound in the back of her throat, deciding that would make her come off rather simple. Despite her inherent fear of things that ate meat, Nyx could appreciate that they were quite sweet when they were young and helpless, before they grew into vicious killing machines. "I'm rather new here, Ciceron, but everybody i've met has had a companion of some sort. is it...the norm?" If so, she could imagine worse things. She did get rather lonely sometimes, and the bond these equines and their companions had seemed to be particularly strong. Perhaps she should set her prejudices aside and go about getting one for herself - it would certainly be pleasant to have someone to babble to all day long.

The strange darkness that had befallen the land was not without its rather disturbing dangers. Something sinister was brewing upon the horizon but what was the question. Already he had had the chance encounter with ugly deformed horse like thing, creature, zombie type thing that had tried to attack a group of horses gathered for conversation. He knew not what had happened to change it into such a monster but he knew he did not want to encounter more of them anytime in the near future. Merou had saved them all that day, scaring the crap out of him in the process as the cub had thrown himself towards the creature trying to fend it off with the instruction to run away. After the attack and ensuring the others were safe he had taken off back towards the border looking for his friend praying he was in one piece. He spent what seemed like hours pacing around like a maniac before Merou came bounding back to him looking rather smug and completely uninjured.

Glancing down to the cub he chuckled at the recent memory as he had given Merou a piece of his mind about throwing himself into imminent danger. In the end Merou had just shrugged it off proud that he had proved his point of being incapable of hurting himself as a spirit. Hearing Nyx speak about his friend brought a smirk to his maw, he was indeed cute but he would never go as far as to admit it openly. " Merou was gifted to me by another adult bear who sought something here but did not find what she had hoped. As a token of appreciation she gave me Merou for the period of a season." He explained pushing the impending sadness from his tone at the imminent departure of his close friend.

" Sadly when the snow begins to fall signalling the end of this season he will have to leave to return to his own world." This admittance was hard to make to his new friend but one he needed to repeat to mentally prepare for the looming day. Merou seemed oblivious to the whole situation which was probably better for him in the end. "I have met a few others who have had the opportunity to find their companions but there are still many who travel alone. I would say its probably equal portions if I had to guess for I have only been here for a season to two myself."

••MUSE: Good•• TAGS: @[Nyx]•• NOTES: So Sorry for long delay, been a lot going on in my life making my muse limited lately.••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo