[OPEN] I'm not the child you once knew

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
[Image: 528944e73aa0f]

Aurelia the BlazeQueen
i set fire, to the rain...

Aurelia is officially two years old now.

Gold flecks glint under the high sun. Aurelia's lithe body is spread out on the sandy shore. The air is still, but it hadn't been before and her crazily knotted mane and tail could vouch for that this very moment. Her left flank looks at the heavens. The slight scar from where she'd been attacked by that one menacing stallion was not visible, unless very close-up. The attacker that caused the pain that flooded her start and porcelain body-- will pay for his rudeness. Aurelia was ready to attack. However, at this moment she is not ready to defend anything.

Rather than being a warrior this moment, the stark girl twists her body and rolls completely onto the other side. She squirms a little and adjusts her two large wings slightly. They are now in a comfortable spot. The soft sand grains tickle her wings and flank, making her giggle when she moves any.

White eyelids flutter shut as the now adult takes in the soothing sun. How good it is not to aimlessly walk on weary legs... Allowing a sigh of peacefulness quiver out of deflating lungs, the girl wonders about her life. Should she have left the Dragon's Throat and is it to late to go back? Aurelia shakes her head mentally. She needed to leave the Dragon's Throat, but the reasons for leaving remain unknown to anyone, but her. It is most likely too late to go back to the Dragon's Throat. They probably have forgotten the golden speckled child already.

Wait, has Africa forgotten Aurelia also?

The one-winged Oracle had brought the girl from the Threshold to Dragon's Throat to here than home again. They had that little journey, and by the end the girl called Africa her sister. Do they still share a connection?

As Aurelia thinks, she listens to the waves of the water. Will she dare herself to jump in the cool water?

"blah blah blah."

@[Africa] if you have time! This is so Aurelia can explain everything. <33 anyone is welcome though!

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
AFRICA
Diviner for Dragon's Throat

It was not the first time that she had ventured into the far west of Helovia where golden beach stretched for miles up and down the coast; she had been there countless times before. Most recently, Africa and Silas had trailed curiously the romantic pursuit of an infatuated stag after a stubborn, fleet-footed white tailed doe. Her energy never seemed to diminish, and he; driven by lust and fuelled by a hot stew of writhing testosterone, chased tirelessly. For Silas, matching the duo’s pace while maintaining distance enough not to startle them was fairly easy-going.
But Africa had not the same advantage, her hooves bound to the loam by weight and gravity. After leaving the meadow behind, she had struggled to keep the party in view and quickly the one-winged mare had slipped far behind. Glumly, she had stumbled from the woody tree line and out across the silky white-gold sands of the Endless Blue beach- and there to her amazement, the Lord of the Earth had been poised atop a rugged cliff top, conducting no less, a harmony of the frothing sea, the earth; the whispering wind and the tossing trees through which she had only just passed. It had been an astonishing sight to behold, and one which would remain with her for many moons to come.

With Silas clinging tightly to the silken cloak whose light weight sagged across her sharp withers and dipped back, Africa emerged again through the predominantly tropical forest bridging the east from the west. No stallion was positioned by the skyline this time round- her eyes sought him hopefully, willing his dignified form forward boldly. It was not to be though, such was the grace and mysteriousness of their Deities, and she stepped forward regardless slipping instantly into the yielding sands.
Quietly perceptive eyes traced the form of another Pegasus some distance away, basking beneath the flood of warm sunlight; sprawled idly across the ground. Through fluttering nostrils she considered whether she might approach- if it was worth disturbing the other for the chance of striking up conversation. Of course she could not hold back, and within moments her long, lithe legs had covered much of the space remaining.

As she drew nearer, steps silent; muffled easily by the soft substrate, Africa noticed that the mare was not unfamiliar- in fact, she was one that had been granted a home upon meeting in the Threshold. She was Aurelia…
She lingered on the spot, hesitating, unsure whether their reuniting would be worth the effort and emotion- for she had already indulged the girl with so much of her own. For many weeks disappointment had torn her heart. Africa could not fathom why the gold-flecked Pegasus had simply abandoned the gift of kindness she had bestowed upon her; abused the trust and care invested.
Clenching her teeth, the dappled Oracle stepped forward and whispered into the mild breeze as it washed towards the younger horse, “Aurelia?” She forced the bitterness and sour resentment from her voice and buried the emotion lapping through her mind as far down as she could manage. Silas shifted restlessly where he was perched, uncomfortable while Africa’s heart throbbed with anguish. “Where have you been?”

(ooc: of course we have time for you <3 this was a good idea :)
@[Aurelia])

baylee

Aurelia the BlazeQueen

"Aurelia."

Without thought, my legs move so they are underneath me in an easy shift of my body weight. My white-pupiled eyes flick open as I lift my body into the crisp air. I look at where the voice came from and see Africa. She looks healthy, and I am jealous. My white wings fold tightly at my sides, attempting to cover the pink scar that is now a permanent installation. Is the hostility my attacker had shown me exactly what Africa had tried to guide me away from?

"Where have you been?”

I lowered my head slightly. My sister I had called her. Did we still share any love? I did, but did she? My mouth opened and closed in what I called 'clacking'. It was my sign of respect to her. The one-winged mare had gone through much, and she deserved respect.

"I left Dragon's Throat." I paused for a moment as I mentally prepared to tell the mare what had happened that led to the events of me leaving her and her family. "I don't feel safe in the desert. I had been attacked, I showed you when we saw the God of the Earth, but I guess you didn't hear or see me talking to you." I guess I wasn't the only bitter one. My bitterness could not be heard in my words. Slowly, I lifted my wings, exposing a pink scar on my left flank. "The attacker, a large stallion, wanted my wings. He called me a temptress to a sinner. I then left the Dragon's Throat." I sighed softly. "I went to the Foothills. I also asked to join."

I let the silence capture our surroundings for a moment. "I am sorry Africa." I looked up at the mare through innocent eyes. We stood still as the air around us began blow a soft breeze at us. The salty air making my eyes sting slightly.

How would Africa respond?

"blah blah blah."

@[Africa]

Deceased
AFRICA

Her eyes, pale and tender, watched the girl closely, silently; reading easily the respect so displayed across her gold-laced features. As a show of mutuality she dipped her face- a solemn greeting that lacked the warmth of their previous intimacies. Without valid reason or understanding for the sudden, deceptive nature of Aurelia’s departure from the herd; from the family and Africa’s promised care, it was difficult for the dappled mare to show that depth and tenderness like always she had before. The delicate thatch of mottled feather work by her side bristled; she was discomforted by the awkwardness of the situation- this chance meeting that had reunited the alienated sisterhood.
Instead of filling the prickly silence with worthless words, she stood simply before the girl and allowed her eyes to rove athwart her body; to witness the marvel of maturity which seemed to have grown her in all respects. A blemish did strike her as remarkable though, and she paused to consider it a little more closely. Aurelia was sporting now a scar which caused the guarded mare great worry- a wound which seemed old, healed; but one which may not have existed should the stubborn child have heeded the warnings given. For now she did not act on that concern, the expression stretched through her face remained mild and stoic.

The first words which spilled from the gold-bleached girl’s lips came with little surprise- Africa’s brow lifted a little, but that was more anticipation for the true explanation; the real revelation which would hopefully follow. Her stiffened grey lips remained tightly together, her dimpled chin quivering as the tongue within her jaws curled through pooling saliva. Her attention was entirely focused on Aurelia though.
As the younger began again, teeth bit heavily the hurt scoff which her lungs thought best to purge. Without sound or signal, the dappled mare drank the justification dutifully- she could not deny that the girl’s words sank through her heart like a serrated knife; could not avoid the crash of emotion as her pulse began to rise. Silas who still watched from his place upon her back began to growl, low and deep- a sound of apprehension and disapproval for that which had upset his beloved. Although the young Pegasus before them would not understand his gesture- could not, Africa swung her head backwards in an agitated fashion, ears falling in the same direction to prove her disapproval despite his best intention. The little Zephyr lost balance then, and fluttered gruffly into the lofty overhead branch of a tree.

When Aurelia’s wing lifted, Africa glanced down at the scar openly, studying the shining pink blemish meticulously. It was true that she had been so engrossed in the Earth God’s harmony that she had paid the filly little attention- such was the beauty of the deity's show. Now though, there was no distraction to leach the concentration of the Oracle as she met finally the white-eyed gaze of the other.
She once had found her wings to be the ultimate prize of another, Africa had been saved by her desert kin- her gratitude and loyalty as a result of their care was to this day unwavering. As Aurelia sighed softly, the dappled mare did also and cast a vaguely sweeping gaze into the heavens above. She did truly care for the younger, wanted the best for her; but what benefit was any of it now that she had removed herself from security.

“I’m sorry too…” She breathed, the air rushing and burning through the stretched funnel of her throat as she sucked another after. All of the words offered did little to comfort, reassure or even clarify why Aurelia had really left her home. Africa tried in earnest to not take it personally; to not shoulder the weight of the loss of a family member exclusively.
Although the glaze which had settled in the matured girl’s eyes seemed innocent enough, her actions were quite contradictory- innocence was purity; and just like Africa’s had been robbed, Aurelia was now just as unclean. Africa could hold it with her own, only briefly.
“I’m not sure why you left, why you felt unsafe. Your reasoning is unclear to me, sorry.” She smiled gently, trying her best to offer what reassurance she could- it was in her nature to help, not hinder. “I hope that the Foothills will hold you safer than you would have been by my side.” her intention wasn’t bitter; although she hurt deeply, rejection pinching the nerves below the slippery cloak across her shoulders, Africa would not allow the girl to feel as though this effort to reconnect was in vain.

“You are always welcome to visit me, dear.” She said simply and the smile that hedged the truth of the matter came a little easier. Closing her eyes, she leaned forward towards Aurelia and rough whiskered lips fondled the sprouted feathers by the flat slant of her shoulder.

(For @[Aurelia])

baylee

Aurelia the BlazeQueen

Of course Africa did not understand me. I was used to it by then, no one really ever understood me. I didn't know if it was my history that made me so unapproachable, or maybe just my personality was so repulsive... no one tried to understand. "I don't feel safe there, because when I was attacked no one came to help me. Africa, I had to fight for myself, and I was only a yearling. Can you imagine being so young and not knowing if you'll make it to the morning because you may bleed to death during the night? The worst part would be that no one would even care." My soft eyes tried holding a wall of tears as my lids shut, trying to not seem so young.

Africa's words hurt me. The bullet holes they created in my heart were painful. I shut my wings tightly again. Africa could no longer see my scared flesh, and that was for the better. “I hope that the Foothills will hold you safer than you would have been by my side.” I shook my head slightly. She had it all wrong. "I did not join, Africa. I am an outcast." I did not want to join them. The mare who talked to me seemed only concerned if I could fight, and not about my safety. Did you win? Her voice rung my mind. I always win. I thought like a little brat. Maybe it would be better if I stayed an outcast. Then I could be alone, and know no one cared about me instead of wonder about it.

“You are always welcome to visit me, dear.” I nodded softly. Maybe someday I would rejoin their ranks. Would they allow me to do that? I did not know, and if they wouldn't let me join, I'd start my own family. That is something I wanted to do much more than rejoin the Dragon's Throat, or any herd.

I wanted to make an outcast band. Was it possible?

"blah blah blah."

@[Africa]

Deceased
AFRICA

Really, the whole interaction; the mood, the potential and everything in between were sinking faster than a pebble in a pool. The blend of intertwining hot emotion and bruised feelings was quite toxic, and even though each mare seemed to scrabble desperately to make themselves understood (as straight-facedly as they could), neither seemed overly capable of deciphering through the flooding words to find any sense. Africa could see the situation escalating, the cloud of hardship and resentment brewing with the ferocity of a late Tallsun storm, and she took a step away mentally, not wishing harm upon Aurelia’s obvious fragility, nor the unsettled heart of her own. It was possible for two personalities to clash; for even to warmest of intentions to be misconstrued, and although their brief closeness seemed to be fraying and disintegrating before their unhappy eyes, she wondered if their paring of ways was even perhaps for the better- for both of them.

‘You cannot please all of the world, all of the time.’

That was the expression her dream-weaver mother had said to her finally, the night before her third birthday- only hours before a raw dappled spirit would step into the terror of a world she was not ready to meet.

It seemed Africa’s only advantage on this occasion, was her age (though not much above the girl’s), and the string of experience that had shaped her sensitive soul into something more empathetic, rational; she was not out to play the victim. Quietly patient eyes shielded Aurelia from the devastation churning within, even as the younger Pegasus launched a verbal assault- or that is how it seemed so recklessly and rashly to be presented, about the lack of support; failed defence when she had been attacked beyond the border of the Throat.
How could Africa have known? The dappled mare had seen her young pupil seldom since bringing her home and the last time she could remember, they had parted with not so warm moods. Africa’s role was not to follow the lambs of her family through the vast countryside of Helovia, it was to teach and instil values, to love and to cherish- and that she thought she had done. She would have offered herself as travel partner if only to request had been made. Perhaps the golden-flecked filly’s legs had been restless, her heart unruly and wild. The Oracle could not blame her if that was the case- she too had been prone to exploration.

Skewed and missing and messy communication maybe had contributed to the shattering of the connection binding them.

Africa wanted to reach over and comfort the mare- the child who struggled through burning tears behind tightly clamped lids. She felt odd though, distant and alien- like a stranger, and withheld. Instead she offered softly, “It is alright to cry.” Africa’s tears had dried long ago. Her emotional capacity had hardened immensely- like soon enough, Aurelia’s would also. “Of course you are cared for. You are loved and appreciated.” She gritted her teeth and blinked too before adding “You never stayed long enough to establish yourself in our family.” It was a truth that could not be ignored- nor was that about wandering without company. Eventually she would need to understand that she was solely responsible for her actions, and that it was not the world’s fault she suffered. Africa did not say that though as she fell silent while again the other horse vented.

She didn’t want to shrug, didn’t want to disregard Aurelia’s gushing bitterness- because unmistakably, that was all which poured from her lips. Africa wanted to be that shoulder who she could count on, no matter how futile and pointless if their future was never to be. “The Throat will always be a place for you to call home.” Her tone was soft and delicate, not wishing to trouble the young soul who seemed so ready to crumble across the sandy beach beneath. “Whether you choose to return today, or in a year- if you choose not to come at all.” Her chin tucked, the gesture of her nibbling having not apparently been received in the manner she had intended. “I still want the best for you; I still care for you.” Her eyes wandered then towards the wavy ocean beyond the beach- she thought right then, how splendid it would be to flee inflight into that clear blue, unmarred horizon and let the flurry of wind sweep her worries away.

Her heart and mind were troubled.

baylee

Aurelia the BlazeQueen

Africa was a good horse, but I already knew some horses just had clashing personalities."It's alright to cry." Her voice echoed in my audits. Almost instantaneously, I knew what I wanted and had to do. My tears no longer swelled up inside my eyes, but did the opposite and dissipated.

“The Throat will always be a place for you to call home.” I didn't hear the things she said before this, but I heard this. "Africa, the Throat will always be my home. Maybe I can return 'home' sometimes." There were different meanings behind my words, but there was no way Africa would know what those hidden messages were.

“I still want the best for you; I still care for you.” I cared for her too, but not as much as I had that one day in the Threshold. I hadn't gone back to that cold forest since the day she saved me. "I love you Africa." I step forward and muzzle her right shoulder. "Africa, you've been more than good to me, but I know what I have to do." I paused for a moment before stepping back to my original spot. "Tomorrow, I will not be the same horse I am today. Africa, I hope to see you around. Today's meeting between us must end short. In good time I hope we will run into each other again."

Slowly, I turn my body away from her a from a halt to a trot, I leave the sandy shores of the Endless Blue and head to the grove I had found a while back. I will make a name for myself today.

"blah blah blah."

@[Africa] sorry for the crappy post! X__X

Deceased
AFRICA

Although her tongue had been soured by many disappointments; her gentle heart pricked with the bitter pang of rejection, Africa held a mild almost indifferent composure. She could not fault the girl before her- the determination, the fierce desire for independence, though the young dapple grey found the flimsy attempt to explain difficult to understand; to accept. The roar of crashing surf was a welcome respite while the silence of building, stewing thoughts tangled feebly between their bodies; filling the air with ridged tension and disharmony that held Africa uncomfortably. She focused squarely on the churning wave, closing pale eyes while those few moments were left empty. She thought of the Sun God, his vast wingspan wielding the harmony of all that stood around them and found the energy to smile internally. Apart from the grim reality of the crumbling friendship which lay now, in pieces across the sand by her hooves.

Aurelia spoke and the sound of her voice was as alien to the Oracle as the distance growing behind it. The words were devoid of the love and excitement which had not so long ago bubbled from her smiling lips. Now she spoke with eloquence beyond her years and a formality that Africa found difficult to relate to- it had not always been so. The older Pegasus nodded quietly as her gaze lifted towards the curling, speaking lips.
To her there seemed no sincerity; she felt no sincerity- couldn’t possibly believe that which was sent perhaps as a comfort, to grace the lean of her motionless ears, now there was only the stark emptiness of two strangers united. She smiled appropriately, but not because she was touched or warmed in any sense- they were both speaking, it seemed, that which seemed proper (regardless of the truth of their simmering resentment and discontent); because it seemed like a nice way to conclude the nothingness of their relationship.

The girl came to nuzzle Africa, and the one-winged mare returned the gesture humbly.

It was probably for the better that the meeting should end so soon; it was a grave situation, almost as awkward and pointless as her encounter with Vulture in the forest only days before. There seemed to be the same futility lingering in the salty beach air this day, and it made Africa’s sensitive stomach turn. Aurelia mentioned too that she hoped they would meet again, but the grey could not agree- she nodded rightfully and offered somewhat of a pained smile, but wished ultimately that their paths would never cross again. Certainly she would avoid this coast for a good amount of time; this being the place they had stumbled into each other lastly.

As the pale gold-tinged mare turned Africa sighed, a great weight slipping with the seconds, from her quivering shoulders. Aurelia did not look back, and she was glad. Although she stood in the same place for a long while, gazing after the soon vanished path of the other, she could find no other sentiment but liberation- and quickly endeavoured to shed caked crust of frustration from her heart.