the Rift

[OPEN] Messanger (Leaders, ranked)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

They had been sent out as messengers. Directed to gather the loyal hearts of Helovia in common unity. Midas had said, “Talk with the head of each herd and invite them to a meeting place where they and other leaders could discuss matters of concern.” Midas had chosen soldiers to carry out this delicate assignment; mostly because a soldier didn’t question his/her ranking, nor would they question directions from a Sultan. One by one, they took to the wind and traveled to these other territories.

One flew to the endless spanning meadows in the Foothills. She landed a respectful distance from the border and called out for their leaders or to whoever might be listening, “I’ve been sent with a message from Dragon’s Throat.” She paused a moment, allowing those who had gathered to grow still. “Apollo. There are topics in need of your attention. Midas the Gallant extends an invitation and asks for you to meet with him in the Thistle meadow on the morn of Orangemoon, in two days’ time.”

The soldier didn’t have time to linger around, nor was she required too. Once the message had been received she took her leave of the gathering, turning back to Dragon’s Throat. She would leave the Foothills to discuss their options and make a choice of either attending said meeting or not. Those did not attend would be left out of their own choosing.

OCC: BTW, this is NOT Midas. This is similar to that of a NPC, and he will not be posting again. http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=11...1#pid76161 <--- There is the thread.

GOVERN</style>
He who is a good ruler must first have been ruled.</style>

image by aigle_dore @ flickr.com
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

How Fickle My Heart and How Woozy My Eyes
I Struggle to Find Any Truth in Your Lies

A stranger's call is what had beckoned him to the edges of their home. The Merciful moved leisurely through the herdland of the Foothills, his honey-brown orbs lingering and searching for the one who called for an audience. Was it a lost soul, looking to join their herd, perhaps? Or just simply a creature who was in need?

Never could he turn one away, and it was with duty as both Chief and once a medic that Apollo went to the summons. Through the familiar terrain he traveled until reaching the herd borders, and it was there that he spotted their guest. A militant figure stood on the horizon, but before the overo could call a greeting, she beat him to the opening words.

She was a messenger, from the Dragon's Throat. From Midas, his mind filled in, which caused worry to bloom in his chest, Is everything alright? This soldier spoke of a meeting that was to be held in two day's time, and Apollo could only wonder what it would be about. It had to simply be of relations and other such politcal nonsence... For if Midas wanted to check in, the golden Pegasus would have come to the Foothills like he had done before. Did that mean that other leaders and delegates alike would be there from other herds? Like the Basin, or the Edge? The thought sent shivers through his frame.

Apollo had no knowledge of how the Edge viewed them... But he could only assume it was with hatred and distaste for the failed invasion that the Basin had planned. And yet... They were different, now. No longer were they the Grey. Hopefully they could make amends and move on from that part in their lives.

"Faithful soldier, please tell your Sultan," Apollo answered with a dip of his head, "Tell honorable Midas the Gallant, that we will be there."

This was the chance that he had been yearning for, to make amends and strengthen bonds, and protect his family. Apollo could only hope that it would work out.

And Now My Heart Stumbles on Things I Don't Know
My Weakness I Feel I Must Finally Show

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud

The News</style>

Drop past the color; come up through the summer rain.</style>

After what had happened with Confutatis, Phaedra hardly felt comfortable in the same area as Apollo. If she kept her distance, at least if one of them were attacked or challenged, the other could remain as a force to guide the herd. Together... the possibilities of ambush and foul play lingered in her mind constantly. And so, the magic gifted to her long ago by Ophelia - to move in silence and without drawing attention to herself - was constantly in use. Still, as a pegasus descended from the skies towards borders that were now her responsibility to help protect, she could not linger. Moving forward steadily and silently, the golden-girl wasted no time delicately weaving in and out of the foliage that got in her way. Brambles tangled and pulled against her creamy locks, as she defiantly moved forward. Now was not a time for beauty; for now, the herd came first. Even so, the twinkle in her gaze and the star-sheen upon her coat could not be diminished by a few burrs and leaves.

Phaedra moved to Apollo's side with stoic silence as he addressed the messenger, sending a chill down her spine. It still struck her so odd, to hear the gentle and boyish stallion that she knew, speaking with such authority and calm. Inhaling to calm her nerves, Phaedra extended her pink muzzle softly - slowly, towards Apollo's shoulder, meaning to brush against it gently. Now perhaps was no time for these sorts of flirtatious pauses, but the golden-girl couldn't help herself. Apollo had been there for her when their lives were threatened by wolves and sea-monsters, and if trouble was on the horizon now, she would be there for him.

Won't you sing to me your poetry,
Won't you take me to your home,
Won't you be for me forever
So I'll never be alone

HP: 45.5