the Rift

[OPEN] I wonder as I wander (CLOSED)

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
satanic silk

The trees towered high above, clearly the masters of their own world. As he entered their realm, it felt like these masters were looking down at him, watching carefully. A soft wind blew by him and lifted his mane and the feathers that were woven in. His ears swiveled back and he listened to the growing silence of the forest. Growing it was - though he couldn't pick up the sounds of anything, he felt that the silence was becoming oppressive, pressing down on his back, his chest, his face, his legs. He flexed his wings a little, flapping them in the little room he had, to create some of his own noise and motion in the stillness. The forest seemed to back down a little, accepting him as one of its own.

Silk kept walking deeper into the forest, and stopped momentarily to rub his neck against the rough bark of one of the trees. It felt so good, he rubbed more than his neck - down to his shoulders and withers, over his sides, back to his flank and even the bones of his tail.

Ahh, that's the spot. He smiled and lifted his head to the canopy, groaning slightly as he rubbed his leathery wings against the bark. The tree seemed to push back, holding its own but embracing the touch as well. What was once intimidating seemed to be more relaxing now, and comforting. I could get used to this forest...

[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

How dare she!

From the rotten Spectral Marsh, Ghost had flown to the Deep Forest in attempt to calm her temper with the cool air pressing against her face. Her annoyance had stemmed from the appearance of her mother at the first ever Asylum meeting she had attended, just when the young belle thought she'd finally gotten rid of her; there she was. Intruding on her life like the smug witch she would always be. Perhaps her mother's goal was now centered around making her daughter's life as hellish as possible, or maybe her own sad excuse of an existence had really become that bad and pitiful that she was left with trailing around after the only decent thing she'd created. I'm far too good for her the onyx banshee hissed in her mind, it was almost ironic, that the mare who taught her to feel no emotion triggered the most passion out of Ghost. The youth didn't yet understand these feelings, they krept up on her and normally she stashed them away in a cold dark place, but this time she allowed her raging anger into the keep of her soul.

By the time the Deep Forest came into view, the mare's rage had ebbed a little, the mini arguement in her mind simmering down to a heated discussion and she began to find herself gliding closer to the tops of trees, taking comfort that just a few wing beats below her was the safety of shadows. It was then that she spotted banners of silver flaxen enveloping a sleek dark body that glided neatly into the cradle of the forest. Intrigued, Ghost altered her own flight and carefully picked her way around branches until finally hooves punched the floor and she was, once again, upon the earth. On a normal day, the wraith much preffered to walk rather than fly, but what was normal these days?

Ink coloured eyes roamed as she began to walk, eventually catching the scratching stallion who seemed to be relieving himself on a tree. His own flight appendages a strange bald kind of look, not like her own feathered properllors, more like... A bat. Ghost approached and stopped some paces away, her ears betraying uncertainty, flicking back and forth "the forest agrees with you I see" came her quiet, raspy voice.

See maybe I’m too quiet for you
You’ve probably never noticed me
But if you’re too big to follow rivers

How you ever gonna find the sea?
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

satanic silk

Silk was lost in thought when his ears twitched back, picking up the faint sound of hooves quietly digging into the sod of the forest. He straightened his body, bits of bark sticking to his left side where he had been rubbing. He looked over his shoulder at the approaching stranger, slowly turning about. He tucked his wings in against his side, and twitched his silvery tail back and forth. His silvery forelock lay partially over his forehead and his left eye, covering part of the star and the crescent moon that surrounded his eye.

He stared for a moment, watching the mare's dark silvery form. She blended in with the darkness of the forest, and the only thing that really made her stand out was the white and red color on her wings that he glimpsed as she approached. Her voice was rough, like a cat's tongue as it licks a human's skin.

He nodded in agreement with her statement. I enjoy the darkness and the trees. The feathers in his mane bobbed along with his head, and his ears pricked forward, curious about this mare that appeared out of nowhere.

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

@[Satanic Silk] Sorry for the wait love! Uni's finished so I should be a bit quicker now :3

He seemed a quiet one, much like herself, a tall stallion in stature with a lithe, but well toned figure. His age seemed to reflect one similar to her own though one could never be too sure, a baby face did not necessarily mean a tender age and tender ages weren't all they seemed. At least in Ghost's case. He was in all an anagram of darkness, an exterior that hid well his inner self and the crimson symbol etched onto handsome features was a draw enough for the little sprite to want to know more. Yet, she was always ever careful, a quest to find another's true self always put one's own soul at risk after all, it was the art of give and take. To not reveal too much in order to get to the elusive truth. If the dainty wraith was to gain this boy's trust, the questions would have to be simple ones, she was a Seeker in training; no need to push it too far.

Dark eyes catch the warm colour of blood in the form of feathers, sat neatly in his mane, much like the long feathers that make up the ends of her own appendages. She remains where she is, soaking up the darkness and the mystery, "They do go beautiful together." She half smiled, letting the admiration fill her voice, dark woods and murky swamps were made for her. It was easier to hide in such places.

"Do you live here? I do not wish to breach your territory, not without consent that is." Ghost presumed he was just a traveller for many scents filled this wood and as beautiful as it was, the woodland surely was not big enough to host so many. Yet, it was the mare's own way of asking permission of temporary truce. A fragile semblance of friendship that would dissolve should they choose it to later. However, reminding herself that to take one had to give, she strung together some last words and offered them to this stranger in the woods. "They call me Ghost."

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Let them fire the gun

❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

No worries, I'm not giving you a lot to work from :P

satanic silk

He used the claw on his wing to scratch at an itch absentmindedly as he listened to the vixen speak. A small smile spread across his face as he found that this lady, Ghost, and he both agreed on at least two beautiful things in this world. He found that the unipeg that was before him was very similar to himself - winged, dark like the night and shadowy, with blood-colored ornaments. They even shared some of their silvery characteristics as well - his mane and tail, with the whites of her wings, only then tipped in the color of blood. Silk saw her gaze at his face and wondered silently what she thought of his markings. She did not seem to be scared off, like so many others had. Though it was a small thing, this warmed the deep, hidden coals of his heart. A good step toward friendship.

And it seemed the beautiful vixen agreed. He took a step closer toward her, but remained out of reach. His nostrils flared slightly and he tilted his head toward her with surprisingly delicate respect. Politeness was not common for him, but so far the two seemed to be hitting it off, and he felt that she'd earned it, at least for now. It is a name that suits you well. I am called Satanic Silk. He paused for a moment, then answered her question. I am from Dragon's Throat. I am only here to explore and familiarize myself with my surroundings. His eyes brightened, a light coming into the blood color.

Tentatively, he reached his soft velvet muzzle toward the delicate horn upon her forehead. She was the first unipeg that he had come upon, and he wondered what it was like to have both wings and a horn. The fuzz on the end of his muzzle touched the tip of her horn just enough for it to poke him, and he drew back, a childish smirk upon his lips. He did not envy her horn, for he was fairly satisfied with his wings and other adornments just the way they were. All the same, it left him curious about those that were different. Then again, he thought as he examined her wings, you are already different from other pegasi. Your wings are leathery, while theirs are made of feather. You have yet to meet another like yourself. His eyes grew dark and shadowed. Maybe that was why his mother had abandoned him as soon as he was weaned. Maybe the marks on his forehead had nothing to do with it. No - it was likely a combination. He was young, but he was smart enough to know that.

He returned his attention to her pretty face. Your pardon. Sometimes I can be impulsive. It was a true statement. Silk was often impulsive, and generally did not give a fuck one way or another. He rarely regretted his actions, but he'd at least offer a comment for those who were not prepared for his impulsiveness, or his boldness. Though fully grown and matured, Silk was still coming into his own, and was quite headstrong with no desire to curb his will.
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

He was a cautious boy, never coming too close, but moving near enough for Ghost to appreciate him at a more detailed angle as she noticed the leathery shine to his wings with a spark of interest, wondering with amusement if he hung upside down on trees to sleep. Now that would be something to see! Her lips formed a half smile as he proclaimed her name suited her, whatever he meant by that Ghost did not know, but she did now have something by which to call him by. Satanic Silk. It was a rather ostentatious name and didn't quite go with the polite abode upon his façade, but the ebonite belle ran with it and shortened it quickly to Silk as Satan surely did not dip his head in such manners. When he answered her question she began to gather her thoughts again. Dragons Throat. A name she had never heard before even though the sprite felt like she should have. "What is this Dragons Throat like, Silk? I have never heard of it" the intrigue was clear in her voice, was it a herd land just like the Worlds Edge? Really, her mother did leave out many important details.

"I live not too far from here, in the Spectral Marsh with others... Like me." She offered in return, thinking fondly on the sickly place that she frequented enough times now for it to feel 'homely'.

What he did next she wasn't expecting as the respectable distance vanished and he bravely placed his nose upon her slick, inky weapon. She remained completely still, the expression on her face unchanging, but her body noticeably tensed. His touch was brief, like a colt discovering something new for the first time which made her wonder if he'd ever seen a horn before. When he retracted himself she watched him carefully, eyes narrowing as his attention returned to her and he apologized for his impulsiveness. Ghost decided to play with him as a consequence, a dark smirk slipping onto her lips. "Don't you worry lad, I'd have slipped it under your chin and through your throat if I thought you dangerous."

Curiosity was a fine thing, but she began to wonder just how fool hardy he was.

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Let them fire the gun

❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

satanic silk

Her jab at his impulsiveness should have stung, but instead it washed over him like water off a waterfowl's back. He had never claimed to her that he was dangerous, though he could be if he desired it so. He had no doubt in his mind that she was a force to reckon with as well, and a returned smirk played on his lips. He chuckled, I'm much too handsome for that.

She might not enjoy his humor, but he enjoyed the stupidity of the joke. He was finely featured, but his markings and his wings often took away from his appearance. It didn't matter much to him - appearance only meant as much as it helped you get what you wanted. Silk took a step back from her and rested a hind hoof lazily. She mentioned the Spectral Marsh. Oh yes, he remembered that place. It was rather unpleasant, and he was unsure he desired to ever return. Dragon's Throat is a desert herdland, led by Midas. He answered her question briefly, realizing he had one of his own. You said others. Who are these others? His voice had dropped, becoming more gruff as the politeness left him and it became less of "Who is this?" and more playful banter. It was clear that this was one who did not care much about manners, which suited him just fine, and allowed him to relax in his own skin.

He wondered to himself who these others could be. Did she mean other pegasi with horns? Other silvery horses? Other mares who liked to ram their horns through stallions' throats? No, he got the feeling she meant something else entirely, and he realized he wanted to know quite badly who these others were. At the same time, he sensed that she might not be willing to divulge this information with him, not knowing him very well yet.

Oh my Lord, I'm sorry these posts are horrific.
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Time was drawing on and Ghost was becoming aware that she needed to move, Seele had given her orders to escape the looming presence of darkness and yet, here she was, conversing with a stranger. Not that he was that unfamiliar any more, she knew his name and his land, she knew he had a knack for twisted humour and that he wasn't all that bad company. Most shunned and turned their backs on the quiet sprite that liked to linger in shadow, but this one showed no such hostility, but enough charisma to keep her young mind entertained. Satanic Silk. Silk. She would remember his name and his red marked face. "Indeed, you would make a nice ornament wouldn't you" she laughed darkly through her raspy tones.

She nodded to his answer, she didn't quite like the sound of living in a desert, in her mind it appeared like a much too bright and warm place for her empty heart that desired equally devoid places. Then again, one could never find much in a desert could they? His tone changed then and she eyed him warily, never moving an inch in either direction as she considered his question before answering.

"Mad horses. Twisted souls. Murderers. The Deranged... Conquerers." She smiled her haunting, soul piercing smile. That's all he was going to know, he was interesting, but not nearly interesting enough to warrant any more information than that. She wondered if her answer disappointed him, she wondered if he craved to know more or maybe he just wouldn't care. However, quickly glancing skywards, Ghost's expression grew troubled and she began to back away.

"I must follow my orders before I fall too far behind" she unfurled her wings and glanced back once at Silk just as she was about to climb into the air. "Beware of the Spectral Marsh, Satanic Silk of the Dragons Throat" she must find Seele and the others, like she'd promised.

[ooc; derp! I thought I'd end it there as it's getting quite old now this thread (my fault! sorry for the delays D:). I can set up a thread for them again later after silk is 'healed' (or you can infect Ghost if you want lol)]
@[Satanic Silk]
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Let them fire the gun

❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte