the Rift

[OPEN] Bleeding heart (Ktulu)(CLOSED)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 Break apart the letters and read between the lines</style>

I had given myself over the lies of this fleeting mortal life—and it was now eating my soul blissfully one small bit at a time. Literally draining the joy right out. I thought about her all the time; there were little things that crossed my path which always seemed to remind me of something that related to her features, personality, or smile. The smell of morning air in the meadow, and the feel of fog against my pelt in the evening on Heavens Plane. Ktulu. The failures that had become smiles and blood stained miseries.

Being the head of a family gave no room for shallow minded individuals. They relied upon me, my words held weight. It was no different from being a General in Kri’s armies—weakness was frowned upon. Here among the winter lilies I could shy away and mull over personal conflicts without prying eyes to constantly judge and critic my every move. It seemed that more and more of my kin were slipping away, first it had been Ktulu, then Cera; now even the youngest child had left. My mentors were either dead or absent. All that remained was a handful of friends and some questionable allies that might end up stabbing my back once spine had turned to look away.

Fina had become a focal point for understanding. Only she could feel my pain as acutely as if it was her own. Though the bright eyed Phoenix often traveled near, I would slip away on occasion. There was no sense for both of us to dwell on past events. For these past few weeks the remaining traces of hope at ever seeing Ktulu again died in the ash. The pain which continued to clinch my heart remained. I wasn’t the sort to simply forget. I couldn’t just release the idea of how much I loved her still. Even though a small part of me knew from the beginning that she wouldn’t be able to return that love in the same fashion.

Evening settled into the land, and I bedded down beneath the awn of a weeping willow. A thick covering of foliage and cloud covered both moon and stars.

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
KTULU
The Constrictor

"Where are you bringing me?" Ktulu asked the bear as she followed him through the mists that covered the grove. She didn't particularly care for the place. The scents, the sounds, the feeling of the mist all just made her skin feel like it was crawling all over her body. It was only the second time she had ever come here and after her first time here meeting the mare that called herself Kahlua she wasn't sure she wanted to come back. Now after coming back to the exact same thing, minus the mare, Ktulu was sure that she didn't particularly care for the place. Maybe it was because it made her feel lonely. It felt like a place that someone would bring someone they loved for a moment of privacy.

And she was alone.

"Hurry up!" Eytan barked in her mind and Ktulu rolled her eyes as she continued to follow the bear. "What is it, Eytan?" Exasperation laced her voice, but the bear still did not slow down or tell her where he was bringing or why. The sun was already sinking below the horizon and the sky was beginning to darken. The telltale signs of night came on fast. The crickets began chirping, owls hooted, mosquitoes buzzed and bit, the moon rose and became the only valuable source of light, and the fireflies that had nestled in Ktulu's mane and tail awoke and began to flit about as she moved.

"There." The bear said as he stopped short and stared intently at a form under a willow tree. Ktulu couldn't make out who it was, but she could tell from the shape that it was a pegasus. As she stepped closer she recognized the scent as Midas and a flurry of emotions began to buzz around in her brain like bees in a hive. "Midas?" Why would he be all the way out here? And why would he be sleeping under a tree?

ooc:// sorry it took so long! | @[Midas]

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

I heard voices rising and falling in the grove. Lovers doing what lovers did—for a brief moment I wanted to snap at them. Usher them away with gashing teeth…instead I laid aside. Closed eyes, blocked them out, slipped into unconsciousness as the world sped on without care or second thought as to whom lay with a heavy heart. I hadn’t expected to see Ktulu this night, (nor any night for that matter.) When the distant patter of feet drew closer, my mind rose from its half-awake state intuitively—one eye opening halfway to peer annoyingly into the misty darkness. It was then that Eytan’s shadowed silhouette lumbered through the dry undergrowth. His dark eyes on me from a distance, black nose scenting the air with strong purpose.

My attention spikes and both golden pools slip apart into a wide gaze. Steady heart skips a beat in my breast before quickening as she came through the trees. Healthy, alive. I couldn’t speak, couldn’t find words for many long moments. She didn’t know I’d awoken—my name trailed her lips as a question. Soft, mildly curious. Smoothly my feet curl themselves and carry this battle weary frame from the bed of moss and pine. Dark neck angles skull toward her, but that is as close as I bent to close the distance.

Bitterness, disappointment—those things keep me from drawing closer to her as I might have wanted. They keep me from falling aside at her feet, begging, longing. A hard lesson was being learnt, and she would forever be its teacher. It seemed that every time I dared to love, only pain and brief ecstasy was the reward. Ktulu had abandoned our daughter to her own demise, the Foothills and me. A child could survive without its mother, but the pain which would wrath later couldn’t be compromised—they would forever be changed, forever be burdened. Just as Cera was. Abandonment, for whatever reason—was still abandonment.

No smile of welcome curls my lips, instead in its place is a dismayed frown. This temptress would continue to hurt my heart even now, “Ktulu, Eytan…i-it is good see ye both is doing well,” there is an unmistakable coldness creeping into my tone—despite how softly they are uttered. Words that aren’t a lie, but neither the truth of a powerful storm which if building behind carefully placed orbs. I voiced what she been wondering, not caring about the silliness that this dark unicorn didn’t want an explanation from me, “I…came for the peace, this place has some old magic still in it,” and it was the only place where I could think of ye and wallow in that grief, I thought silently. “How has ye been?”

Image Credits

KTULU
The Constrictor

If Midas had spoken everything he felt and was thinking at that point it would have resulted in a fight, more than likely. He had not had to walk in her hoofsteps or make the decisions that she'd had to make. He had not had the conversations with their daughter that she had. In fact he had missed most of her childhood because of his stubborn refusal to leave the Throat, nevermind her own refusal to leave the Foothills and go back to living in a god-forsaken desert wasteland. Her ears flicked backward at the tone of his voice and her face took on an emotionless mask that had always been reserved for everyone else. Now she would use it on Midas because if he wanted to play that game she would play along.

Her tail flicked as Midas continued to speak of the magic the place held, but Ktulu found there was little 'magic' in the Grove. Maybe that magic was reserved for lovers who had come to spend a selfish evening together, reveling in the wonders of one another's bodies. She snorted softly and Eytan pushed his weight against her leg to remind his bonded that he was there with her. "You look like you've seen better days." She finally spoke, effectively matching the tone that Midas had used on her. Her ears flicked forward, but the emotionless mask remained intact even as he asked her how she had been.

"We've been fine." Dare she ask him how he had been after the Foothills had helped in invading his allies? Just looking at him she could guess the answer to the yet unspoken question. "Why did you bring me here, Eytan?" She asked the bear as she continued to look at the stallion she had tried to build a family with. Just another failure to be added to the growing list. "Goodbyes." The bear answered, caramel eyes seeking out the crimson of his bonded yet he was meet with nothing. "How have you been?" She finally asked.

@[Midas]

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
 MIDAS</style>

We did this to each other, and she was perfectly correct in thinking that I hadn’t been around…but neither had she been quick to share burdens when I was. Ktulu had always been a little distanced from me, perhaps not as much as most of the folks around her...but still evidently distant. This dark lady hadn’t ever proclaimed her love to our union, even after we had made a child. I’d lost hope that my mistress would ever come to care for me in ways that would sustain our bond; that realization was what stung more than anything even now. Anger swirling by this inner storm was really a cry for the attempts at our disappointed love. Her blood stained eyes would forever be an omen of lost affection. What good would it have been to leave my home in the beginning I wondered, in the end it likely wouldn’t have mattered—Paladin’s daughter would have left eventually. A gypsy heart couldn’t be quelled.

When she spoke it was with every ounce of coolness that she could muster. What had she expected during our reunion that would lead to a goodbye? Did Ktulu think me the fool to still be standing by with a heart full of patient love? Waiting around for her to appear out of the nearby thicket. “Days are long. Kri…vanished many a month ago. Leaving myself and Guacho to carry the weight of our homeland.”

The omission was spoken with plain tone, but beyond is a painfully heavy chain of weariness and the first glimpse at my lonely heart. Neither of which she appeared to care much about. Family saw me as a creature of tenderness and selfless affection. But there were other emotions that emerged from time to time. Fury, disappointment, terror. Except, very few offered their attention toward those matters. People loved to talk about themselves, and as such they often overlooked the needs of those suffering around them. “What made thee choose these wild lands over home?”

Image Credits

KTULU
The Constrictor

There was little for Ktulu to say when Midas spoke of Kri leaving and how he had become Sultan of the Throat with Gaucho. Gaucho's name was just another in the long list of names that she'd heard that she cared little about, if she cared at all. She stared at Midas, thinking that he now understood the immense amount of pressure she had been under when it came to leading a herd. She wondered if he would fall apart and fold the way she had or if he was stronger than she gave him credit for. Her tail flicked again and she snorted, her head turning and her gaze leaving his face.

When he asked what made her choose the wilds over home she still continued to look away. What did it matter? Her choice had been her choice. She'd made it and she hadn't gone back on it. Why did he even care why she left home? Was he just digging at barely healed wounds to try and hurt her because she'd managed to hurt him like she did everyone?

"What does it even matter?" Ktulu finally voiced her question. "We've both made our decisions." He had chosen the Throat and she had chosen the Foothills then the wilds of Helovia. There was no going back and changing, no do overs, only what ifs and wishes that things were different. They weren't and they never would be. Her gaze returned to Midas and she snorted quietly. "Go back to the Throat, Midas." What else was there to say? She wouldn't stand by and pretend like she wanted to be where she was and be thrown back into a world that she felt like she was drowning in, so the mare turned and began to walk away. Eytan gave a sorrowful look to the Gallant and padded off after his bonded.

@[Midas]
ooc:// if midas wants to stop her feel free :3

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
 MIDAS</style>

She had asked how I was, perhaps out of polite wondering instead of genuine interest—yet, Ktulu still remained totally impassive when my lips formed soft answer. Those blood stained orbs left me, unseeing and uncaring of the immense pain they inflicted absent physical wound. Each word to follow bit into my soul, a red gapping bite that would later leave me numb. My storm only intensified. Aye, we had both made our choices in this life—and as such, would follow their paths till the bitter end. She was going to leave, release all hope to the Southern wind.

“Goodbye,” I whispered as she turned away, striding into the mist. It hurt too much to follow her, to beg like a writhing fool burning in his personal pit of hell. Ask for forgiveness, try to keep our embers alive with gentle breath and careful intention. Nay. I had nothing left to give. What she saw was a mortal man, one with faults and sins—if my love couldn’t be enough, then perhaps it was right that Ktulu abandon all that we were. Sear the wound before it needed amputation.

My gaze rose, lingering on the spot she had been standing. Remembering for these next few moments of agony that never again would I feel her flesh against mine, hot and yearning. Surrendering in a passion that was beyond lust. Never would I see her smile, hesitantly as if the crease would damage her battle-hardened eyes should the light touch darkness. “Pray ye long days, and pleasant nights,”Ktulu had already vanished, likely beyond earshot. “I love ye still.” Words are breathed out, so quiet one might think they were whispered in a lovers ear.

Image Credits