the Rift

[OPEN] Reading The Terms and Conditions

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Everyone at some point in their life must come to terms with things that have occurred in the past. Before the cold winds of Frostfall were to settle into the northern lands, she left her southern herdland to find what she would need to find to soothe her bones. The journey was shorter now, taking less time than what she had expected. Cold already began to nip at her bones, body plump and round with the meals she was able to feast upon in the Throat. It was not home, but it did her well. Home was a series of ice caverns in the north that when the night came in hid her away from the monsters that lurked. Now, what were they now that it's small outcast band living there disappeared? Empty rooms with nothing to fill them, walls that cannot hear the conversations of others, hallways that shadows can no longer lurk in. Such a place shouldn't be left to rot, but it happened without a care.
Winds attack her youthful face, pale blue eyes squinting to escape the blast of cold air and small snowflakes. They take their sweet time to flutter back open as now longer legs carry her towards the blue walls that beacon the location of those holes. No emotion can erupt in her heart. Here she had recieved a story from a bay Unicorn stallion who she considered her uncle about how he was a valiant hero. Now that man probably didn't even exist anymore. It wasn't him that left the black seed within her heart, but he helped grow it. She expected him to be there for her, but he left her. That pain was long dull and lifeless, lost in a sea of new memories. She hadn't made much attempts at new friends, absolutely none to find her old friends. Her best friend was probably growing as much as she was, and visiting each other was becoming more difficult. Sikeax had to heal and learn, and she did. Every lesson that was given to her was taken in with the need for more. Wouldn't they be proud to see how she changed....
As the mountains give way to her presence, a sweeping calm takes her soul and eases the stress from it. She sighs, eyes casted downward while the wind moves to blow the locks of her mane to hide her face. It knows the heavy pain that plagues her heart, and helps keep the world out of it.
"Hello? Does anyone exist anymore? Tonka? Adrixaura?" That name there falls out with a bad taste in her mouth. Adrixaura was not her mother anymore, though calling her mother by that name still felt wrong against her heavy chest. "Kilichii? The Assassins? It's me, Sikeax. You know, our healer. Adrixaura's...." It is here she finds everything the most difficult. If she was to say that word and her mother appear, it would be the end of all she began to accept. Let the world crash down on my shoulders now, I don't care anymore now. "Daughter. Yeah, I grew up, but it would of been nice for any of you to check up on me in the Throat, you know?"
Nothing happens. Silence is something that can make the mind go insane when you think about it enough. When prisoners are placed into solitary confindment they tend to lose their minds. She stands there with her head hung low, horn extending out much further, probably about ten inches now. It's glow illuminates the blue walls as they reflect her grown state. "Y'all are all dead, aren't you? I should of known that none of you, none of us could get anywhere in life. Fuck you. Fuck all of you. I hope every single one of you die in the cold that is this place. It's so much like your hearts."
In those words, she finds strength to raise her head high, and there with blue eyes wide open, stares into the cave that is before her. She feels proud of herself for speaking in such a tone that would make her mother smile, one that would make Tonka recoil in disgust. "I've been in the Dragon's Throat all of this time, for your information."
With that, she strolls into her previous home with a high step and proud state of mind, smiling because she knows none of them would come to greet her other than some lost, lingering soul that looks for company when it is alone. .

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
tear me open pour me out,
inside there's things that scream and shout

Cold winds howled eerily, slipping and weaving around both massive and miniature snow drifts with no effort. Snow flakes followed the motion, dancing through the air, scattering across the white earth recklessly. The air is open and very, very cold; the chill raising the dark skin beneath the thicket of wiry fur that has taken place on your dark hide. The Basin is just over the hills, and oh how badly can we feel the ache of longing radiating off of your lonely heart; just how bad do you want to go back, boy?

The winds continue to howl, carrying with them the tones that seem to create moans and cries, voices in the dead of night that creep from the lifeless souls that are surely held captive in snowy graves. We feel a tight tension rise in your nerves, floods of unfamiliar faces sweeping through your memories, washing over us lazily like a reciting tide. Silently, we watch from behind your eyes, peering out to view only more and more white, hues of blue painted across the starch color thanks to the shiny glory of ice arches.

Your ears press forward, your lungs tighten and refuse to draw in another breath. Why? You heard her: "-in the Throat," a short pause before the wind was able to carry along the last of the phrase. "Fuck you!" We can feel your heart throb, but whether it's due to excitement or fear is far beyond us, your emotions are every where at once. Our jagged, dull claws sink slowly into the soft tissue of your nervous system; keep this up and we will soon have control, idiot.

"Here-" your voice is drown out by another howl of bitter wind. How lucky are we to not have to be exposed to this wicked weather? "I'm here!" Before the words have even escaped your frozen windpipe, we can feel the grip of chipping hooves against rock and frozen snow. You propel yourself forward, your dark body meshing in with the minimal amount of light quite well, besides that red snout of yours, and the bone propelling from between your ears and fiery eyes.

The ground gives beneath your hurried feet numerous times, we can hear ice crackling and snow being punted out of your dizzy path. One of us press ourselves against the windows of your red-filmed eyes, while the others sit back in imaginary recliners, waiting for the climax of the movie. The snow turns to rock and ice below us -below you-, and your hurried pace slows to a cautious walk. "Where are you?" the words are so soft that we can barely make them out, yet they echo off of the frozen walls that now surround us.

Red wine pools fall on the small figure that stands at the opposite end of the ice arch that you emerge out of slowly. The built up tension that you had suddenly pulled from the air drowns in the pool of disappointment that now floods your heart. It is only a filly, one that you have so dumbly thought was one of your old family. The wind is less wicked right here, thanks to the tall walls of ice that barricades the Basin from you. As if your hooves have suddenly frozen to the unforgiving ice, you pause in your steps, standing motionlessly, staring toward the small body that now smells like the dusty grey that brought you to the dust bowl: the Throat.

Tagged: @[Sikeax]
Ooc: Wow..... It was a really, really good post.. then my internet decided to take a shit. Anyhow, I decided to try second person with him, so I hope it sounds okay!
Text here "Chat here." Voices here

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Glazed eyes turn to meet the one who yells out to her. Legs dead and held firmly into place after the surprising noise of another, her head is tilted to meet the vision of her new visitor. She's got a hate to her, clearly annoyied, but the one who approaches her doesn't seem to really care. Curiousity sparks into her youthful heart and finds a way to ease out the anger that was there just moments before. "You're not who I'm looking for, though. Why are you here?" Warmth taints her voice now. It reminds her of the Dragon's Throat, where she really needs to get back to. Her father must be worried, and she needs to soothe his worries and comfort him. He needs to accept that she is a girl growing into a woman, and needs to face her issues at some point.
"Who are you, anyway?" Blue eyes stare without really meaning to, her brain desperately attempting to make something click because whoever he is, he looks familiar. If she had eyebrows, they might be scrunched up or a lone one raised in curiousity. She wants to know, and seeing as she has her mother's blood in her, for some damn reason can't hold back the fact that when she's mad, can be hateful and really wanting answers. Wouldn't Mother be proud?
When the answer doesn't come fast enough, she glides her growing legs and hooves over the ice floors, moving so that she can face him. He really looks familiar. It eats at a piece of her brain for a few moments with a spoon, then goes to a complete savage way of doing by using it's mouth and just nawing on her head. A nasty headache follows almost right afterwards.
"Anyway, I'm Sikeax, though everyone likes to call my childhood nickname, Sia. I'm from the Dragon's Throat." Whoever he might be, he smells faintly of the Basin. There is a bad memory from the Basin that she refuses to recall in these times. He must of thought that when she was yelling at those who were once her family that she was speaking to him, and feels bad for his mistaken idea. "If you thought I was talking to you, I wasn't. Excuse me for the confusion, I don't know your name and I doubt I've met you before. My words were towards my family, a band once called the Assassins. Everyone is probably dead now, but they lived here almost a year ago when I was a foal."
It's surprising just how much she can change herself to meet the needs of her current situation. If maturity has done this to her, it's not something she's going to neglect. A soft smile is offered towards him just in case he needs more reassurance that she isn't about to leap out and rip his throat out. Her teeth wouldn't do very well with that, and if she was seriously going to dirty them, her hooves, or even her precious horn with his blood, there wasn't a toothbrush for miles and a bath with this cold air is out of question. Going home with blood on her body that wasn't from healing could easily give everyone the wrong idea.
Her gaze digs into him, savage beast nawwing endlessly into her brain. Oh hot damn, is it really going at it too. She tosses her head about for a moment in attempts to expel the feeling. Finally, it finds a way to click inside her head and there's a sucker punch to the face for that asshole to get off her thoughts.
"Hate to be that stranger you met in ice cave who moments ago was yelling at the walls like a crazy person, but do I know you? I feel like I met you when I was younger, but the Night, if you know what I'm talking about."
She had always been aware of the fact that newcomers came to their magical land every season, looking for homes and fresh starts from where ever they haul themselves from. Everyone had a story, and her's was different than most. Within the back of her thick skull(she could be very stubborn at times, thanks to both of her probably proud but complete asshole parents), she can somewhat remember meeting someone like him before the night came along. Memories from that time era were mostly blurred. That time in life was mostly her stumbling around on long legs, busting her ass, freezing to death, it was a traumizing time to tell the truth, but it wasn't like human babies. Seriously, at least for the first two years of your life weird people are picking you up, you have to lie around in your own crap and piss, you can't feed yourself, and then sometimes they put you in jail. She made a fast thought of having to go through that and cringed. Busting your ass every five seconds is so much better than weird people you don't even know picking you up.
Footsteps bounce off the walls as she walks near him, still the shorter one here. At times she wondered how big Amara was and if she was going to be taller than her best friend, but it went away because those were useless thoughts and she always had things to do. She puts four feet between them and just stops, watching with an eager mind. If there is a feeling of awkward to their meeting, she doesn抰 notice. There isn抰 any flirting to this; he isn't just that cute.
Except, he's got a little bit too much of a blood fetish.

OOC: A little love out to my Psychology teacher who one day mid-lecture said that the reason you don't remember being a baby is because it抯 traumizing for those exact reasons.
If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

She's gone. She's really gone. Abishia's mother, the sweet Harmony, is gone forever. Leaving to go live with her sister Iconic, she put her beautiful filly on the back burner, chosing to ignore her existence. Abishia is hurt, lonely, and broken. Her hooves drag along the soil, and she decides to go to the Frozen Arch, where she had lived with her mother, Tonka, Chemical, and their family. The Assassins. Those horses where history now... Tonka gone, the others... Well they just sort of dissapeared. The only family that Abishia had known other than her mother had left her in the dust without a second thought. 

Hurt poisions her thoughts, and she begins to quicken her pace. She knows where to go, for she had lived there for quite awhile. She nears the arch, snow now engulfing her dingy hooves. She stops, shocked to hear voices. Confused, she just wonders if it's the spirits that constantly clog her hearing. She looks to Antie, but it's not Antie, it's Tonka . Abishia scrambles back in surprise, noticing that this may mean that the Stallion she loved as a PaPa, may be dead. She is speechless, and all he does is nudge her shoulder, and walk ahead to lead her. She has no idea weither it's simply a hallucination, or he really is dead. His large frame leads her to where the voices seem to be, and there, she finds a duo. Both horned, a Stallion and a Filly about her age. They had been talking, but they had fallen silent. 

" Erm, are any of you from the Assassins? "

She gets right to the point, no hesitation. She has cooped up excitment, wondering if these two could possibly lead her to her old band. But little does the filly know that she is farthest from the band that she used to know, for all we know, the Assassins no longer exsist. 

@[Voodoo] @[Sikeax]

Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts