the Rift

[OPEN] Illumination [Lace, Open]

Israfel Posts: 54
Hidden Account
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1 hands :: 2 Years
Sparrow

Israfel Azardokht
It was Orangemoon, the month of her birth.

It had been a somewhat... Impromptu decision to return to the World's Edge, the skies kissed with downy hues of pinks and purples to signal the rising of the sun as she returned. Something had spurred her to return to the land where her family resided. Perhaps it was the loneliness that came with the life of an outcast? Or, mayhaps, simply the yearning to see her friends, family, and loved ones again? Many things she had seen and witnessed since leaving the warm confines of the World's Edge; new places she had stepped hoof upon, and new individuals to meet... Israfel enjoyed her life as a wanderer, but nothing could take away the safe feeling of returning home.

Beneath her, trees and plains sped by, the sound of the rushing wind echoing within her ears. Crisp vermillion depths surveyed the land beneath her as it gave way to the forested regions of the Edge, but something amiss caught her eye. There, seeming to collect the beauty of the rising sun, stretched a wall of glass that looked to protect the boundaries of the Edge. The sight of the structure, so large and imposing, made Israfel tilt her head in curiosity and shift the angle of her wings, so that she steadily descended from the sky.

Passing over the wall and into the territory of her home, the Sun-Child's gilded wings beat at the air as she approached the ground, arching beautifully, and with practiced ease the pale hybrid came to a land upon earth's soil once more. Twisting her body around to face the mysterious wall, Israfel took a few steps towards it so that she could touch the smooth surface with her muzzle.

"... How very curious," she whispered, analyzing the details that she had returned home to, "I wonder when this was completed. I haven't been gone that long... Have I?" The idea of the wall was both strange and reassuring. It would help keep her home and family safe, yes, but... Wouldn't it be somewhat intimidating to outsiders who were searching for a home? Would it make them feel unwelcome?

To her... The sight of the wall made the Edge seem less welcoming. Foreboding, almost. Hopefully that was not the case.

Turning on her heels to place her back to the wall, Israfel sucked in a deep breath and knickered out a beckoning call before venturing further into the depths of the Edge. Who would greet her? Would it be Smoke, her mother? Or Kimber, her dear sister? Or would it be a stranger that crossed her path first, accusing her of trespassing upon a land that was not her home?

Will they even recognize me? The half-breed asked herself, pausing in her steps in a moment of uncertainty. She hadn't been gone long, of course, but she had changed... Two years old she was now, and no longer was she the lanky filly that had much growing to do. A woman she was becoming, albeit still young, but... Giving a rough shake of her head, the silky strands of her mane catching the rays of the sun, Israfel sucked in a deep breath. Now wasn't the time to worry.

"Hello? I've returned home! Mother? Kimber?"

[ooc: Isra's come to visit. :3 For @[Lace] and anyone else who would like to join!]

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

He had risen well before dawn for several days in a row now. It seemed to become a habit, or perhaps a sign of restlessness. Life under the trees of the Edge was much different from the uneasy existence led in the wildlands, and it took time to adjust to it. Lace wasn't actually sure that he wanted to get used to the peaceful lull of leaf and wave, of the gentle caress of mellow winds and water trickling sweet and cool between the roots of the trees. It felt dangerous, as though getting settled would bring trouble he wasn't prepared to deal with.

Rather, he wouldn't be ready to deal with any kind of trouble if he let the peace of the forest soften him, and so he welcomed the early rise and made the most of it.

Strictly speaking it wasn't necessary to patrol the borders anymore, but Lace didn't trust the illusion of safety the wall brought to the herd. It was an aid in the defense of their home, a way to focus any eventual attacks to certain points - but it wasn't, and couldn't be allowed to become, the only means of protection they had. He checked the stretches of towering glass religiously, starting each day by running along the border to check for cracks, imperfections, anything at all that could become a weakness. Kahlua had done her job well though, and as usual there was nothing to find.

This morning the gold-back had managed a quarter of the distance around the borders when a voice cut through the stillness, soft and so familiar that a smile automatically crept across his lips. Picking up the pace from the usual steady trot to a flowing canter the grullo hurried along, weaving through the trees until a small clearing showed him the owner of the lilting tune.

"Isra!" he called happily and broke off to a walk, approaching her from the side with prancing steps that set the mist swirling around the legs. A cob-webbed nose reached out as a welcoming hum vibrated through the chest, huffing warm air towards her in a greeting.

"It's been so long, I haven't seen you since the Evernight. How have you been, and where have you been? By the Moon it's good to see you again!" the stallion laughed and moved to tug playfully at a lock of the ivory mane, sidling in next to her with a smile warming the gaze of the golden eyes. They swept across her frame in silent admiration, appreciating the effect time had on her; not much was left of the lanky foal he had greeted to the world, he found himself standing next to a beautiful young mare now.

And yet, there was no doubt that it was Israfel. She was one of a kind, he knew no one else with such perfectly white coat or such shimmering golden lacing across the folded wings. Just standing next to her seemed to make the day grow brighter; very fitting for a daughter of the sun, indeed.

Dim vales- and shadowy floods-
And cloudy-looking woods,
Whose forms we can't discover
For the tears that drip all over!
Huge moons there wax and wane-
Again- again- again-
- bg - table - image -
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Israfel Posts: 54
Hidden Account
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1 hands :: 2 Years
Sparrow

Israfel Azardokht
It doesn't take terribly long for one to hear her plea of acknowledgement, but instead of it being either Kimber or Smoke, or perhaps even Mirage, it was a silvery form of the which Israfel had not seen for a long time. As he came, dancing like a King through the forests, the mists twisting and turning around his legs as though they were a part of him, was Lace.

Lace.

Through her two years and the many souls that she had met, Israfel would always acknowledge Lace as a friend. A welcome, gentle friend, who could make her smile and laugh and lift her spirits during troubled times. He had been there the day of her birth, so long ago, and now... Well, now they were here, standing, talking, and it was so very strange. The feathers on her gilded wings ruffled with pleasure at seeing him, and the smile that upturned her pink lips was positively radiant.

"Lace!" She called to him rather jovially, moving towards him with a high-knee'd jaunt and outstretching her pale muzzle to brush affectionately against his own. His scent overtook her, and immediately made her feel safe, much how one would feel in the comforting embrace of their parent. His affection, his genuine care and concern for her was palpable, and the young fire princess couldn't stop the giggle that came forth through her lips.

"Oh, it's so good to see you, too," Israfel began to say once they stood side by side, turning her head towards him so that she could affectionately brush her lips against his shoulder in a display of kinship, "I've been very well. I left to... To explore the land. To find my own purpose... The places that I have seen, Lace!" Here, a sort of spark entered her crisp vermillion eyes, representing a passion that seemed far older than her two years. "A marevelous cave I stumbled upon near the Heart; have you seen it yet? Deep underground it is, cool even in the hottest of days. There's a wall made of crystal, and you can see the lava and magma of the Heart, and... And I felt so safe there, Lace, like when I was but a babe and my mother would tell me stories as I went to sleep..."

Ever so slowly Israfel trailed off and promptly flushed, realized that she had been speaking in a passionate fit. It had become somewhat of a problem as of late; the Sun-child would find something that fascinated her, and then wish to regale her tales and exploits to the nearest person who would actually listen. That person, this time, happened to be Lace.

Clearing her throat, orange orbs flicked back to Lace's handsome face, and she giggled. "I'm terribly sorry... Sometimes I get carried away. How are you, Lace? And Mother and Zaffre? Have you spoken to them recently?"

@[Lace]-face

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

The warm smile that arched the sooted lips of the stallion earned a slightly amused look too it as the young mare set loose a torrent of words upon him. He listened with patience, truly intrigued by her discovery but even more delighted to simply get a chance of staying next to her - it was a rare treat, because neither of them seemed to be souls made for lingering in one place for too long. His own penchant for roaming was well known, and it seemed that Isra was well on her way of developing a taste for adventure herself. It worried the grullo somewhat, knowing how many dangers a pretty young girl could stumble into... At the same time he had neither right nor wish to hold her back, if wandering was what she wanted.

"I must have missed it" he responded good-naturedly as the white girl interrupted herself. "You will have to show it to me sometime, the way you describe it that cave sounds both beautiful and handy to have in a pinch. " He turned his head and lipped the ivory coat of her neck in a rather fatherly manner, strictly reserved for the few children he had come to think of as family. "As for me, I'm more than well. It has been a calm summer, I think we all have gotten a chance to relax and recover... Perhaps you have heard of it during your travels, but we had to fend off an attempted invasion this spring. Everyone's fine though, and we were able to stave it off without problem." He gave her a thoughtful look as he spoke, though the smile remained on his face to take the edge off of the news - if she hadn't known it could come as quite the shock, to hear that the childhood home had been in danger once again.

"Your mother and Zaffre are well, as far as I know. I haven't seen her in a while, she's probably been busy stocking up on herbs or something similar." The WildRose was almost as elusive and hard to find as Rishima and Helena these days. Sometimes he wondered whether they got swallowed by the mists at times - the Edge was a big forest, but even so it shouldn't be possible to disappear that completely.

@[Israfel]

Dim vales- and shadowy floods-
And cloudy-looking woods,
Whose forms we can't discover
For the tears that drip all over!
Huge moons there wax and wane-
Again- again- again-
- bg - table - image -
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden