the Rift

Starting Anew

Phoenix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Phoenix flew calmly over the forest. Despite the fact that she had left would anger everyone else in the herd, she knew it was necessary to leave. Phoenix's travels had taken her to this beautiful forest and she knew it would be a perfect place to start anew. She just had to find a big enough gap in the trees to land. Although Phoenix usually didn't hang out much in forests, she thought it would be a good place to land and rest before continuing her journey in this strange land.

The black Pegasus mare felt as though she had been flying for hours before finding a place to land. Phoenix went into a dive, folding her powerful, black-feathered wings close to her body. She plummeted towards the ground and when it looked as though she surely crash into the forest floor, she opened her wings and pulled up slightly. Flapping for a moment, Phoenix landed neatly, her hooves making a soft thud on the forest floor. The young mare sniffed the air, inhaling the rich, earthy smell of the forest. Phoenix also noticed that the air was thick with the pungent odor of strangers. This made her feel a little wary but she knew that she would just have to get used to it.

Phoenix started walking cautiously through the forest. The thought of meeting strangers weighed heavily on her mind. Phoenix was not scared of strangers, just wary of them. She knew that some horses could be trouble and that it was best not to be too trusting until you got to know them. Phoenix also knew that if trouble started, she could always flee.

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia

Parelia
I've gotta fight today, To live another day, Speakin' my mind today

The day was amazingly cool a reprieve from the scorching heat that had recently plagued the land. Her large cream and teal wings pumped the air occasionally to keep her aloft. She smiled as her shining light brown eyes scanned the ground below her. The trees didn’t seem as scary as they had her first trip to them, ‘I can think that while I’m in the air.’ She thought with a slight laugh at herself. She let her dainty cremello body slowly fall closer towards the trees searching for a good spot to land. A flash of fur through the trees caught her sharp eyes and she folded and shifted her wings carefully angling her body towards the spot she had noticed. She could make out the slight sound of voices on the forest bed as she hovered above the spot she had noticed the movement in. Her eyes scanned quickly for a clearing large enough for her body to squeeze through. A few feet away she found her landing zone; with a soft, thump, she landed lightly on her hooves.

Parelia could easily smell the fresh scent of a mare, so she followed it at a light quite trot, her mustang blood making her light on her hooves. She soon caught up to the stranger, a large black winged mare. Slowing to a stop a few feet away Parelia cleared her throat and let her warm voice stroke the air, “Hello there stranger, welcome to Helovia. I am Parelia from the Windtossed Foothills, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” At the last minute she decided against offering her a home right off the bat. She let a warm friendly smile slide over her face.
-----------------------------------
Speech Thoughts
Words:285
OOC: Welcome! Sorry about the crappy post lol

[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Pheonix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
He was truly free in the air, as he let the wind play with the feathers on his wings, and ruffle his mane. Shutting his emerald orbs, he tilted a little bit to the side, falling in the air, as he didn't flap his wings once. The taste of freedom was so beautiful, and he felt it now, where there was no one to judge him or intimidate him. His rather anxious personality made him slightly unsociable at times, first approaching intimidating horses with a bold face, and then shying away and probably hiding behind his friend.

But joining the Dragon's Throat was giving him a chance to open up more, hence being more friendly and cheerful towards his herd mates. The orange palomino was starting to finally be more outgoing, and able to hold a conversation without hiding away, afraid he would stumble and blabber on about stupid things.

The Threshold forest was beautiful, he had to admit. The Dragon's Throat was nothing like his old home, but it was alluring, and the Oasis was beautiful, lush with plants and a pool of crystal water. Thinking about it made him somewhat thirsty. Flapping up high in the air, breaking his fall, Phoenix then dove, his favorite thing about flying. With an graceful thud, the stallion landing on the forest ground, halting himself while running.

There were mingled scents, and he particularly followed a foreign one. There was a newcomer nearby. As he kept on walking through the forest, a feminine voice sounded nearby in the air. Pricking up his audits, Phoenix urged himself not to shy away from the strangers, and glanced upon two Pegasus mares, such as him. Dipping his head cheerfully, a smile appeared upon his maw.

"Hello!" At least the bold face worked for now, before he felt anxious. One of the mares was a cremello and reeked of the Foothills with azure eyes. The other was quite pretty, black and somewhat taller than him. "I am Phoenix, of the Dragon's Throat. Nice to meet you!"

Phoenix decided to speak again, only a short sentence. "What brings you two here today? " Kindly speaking, he shifted nervously, trying to find a comfortable position. Especially the fact he was surrounded by two pretty mares.

//I'm sorry, but I just had to! ^.^ I saw another Phoenix and had to reply! xD

Unregistered
(I didn't know there was another Phoenix on here. :D)

Phoenix looked around as a dainty cremello mare landed nearby. She relaxed slightly when she noticed that the mare was a Pegasus and appeared friendly. Phoenix gathered as much of her confidence as possible and replied, "Hello and thank you. I'm Phoenix and I'm new here. It's a pleasure to meet you, too."

The black mare nearly jumped out of her skin as she heard another stranger approach. Phoenix flicked her ears back without pinning them. When she saw who it was, however, she flicked her ears forward again and regarded the stranger with a mixture of caution and curiosity. The new stranger was also a Pegasus, but a stallion. He was an orange palomino with emerald eyes, which contrasted with the azure eyes of the other mare and Phoenix's own cobalt eyes. She also noticed that the stallion was little shorter than her. Phoenix calmed herself down again and coolly replied, "Hi. I'm Phoenix and it's nice to see someone else with that name." She paused and nickered softly, an equine version of a chuckle. Feeling more relaxed, Phoenix continued, "I'm new here." She then looked at the other mare with curiosity and waited for her to respond.

Phoenix was intrigued by the two strangers, although she was still cautious. She knew that even though the strangers seemed friendly, she could not let her guard down until she got to know them better. Phoenix wondered what the strangers were doing here. Why had they come from the Windtossed Foothills and the Dragon's Throat, respectively? Despite her caution, Phoenix knew she had to stay and find out.

Parelia watched the mare curiously, but her inspection was cut short as the hoof steps of another touched her ears. Her eyes fell on the stallion like a ravenous wolf on a feast. He was taller than herself but not quite as tall as the new mare. She smiled warmly at both of them and dipped her head politely towards them in turn. “It is nice to meet you both.” Her sweet voice was calm and fairly cheery. She continued softly, “I’m sure you’re wondering why two different heard members are here. I, as I am sure Mister Phoenix is here for as well, are to welcome you to Helovia. As well as offer you a home and family.” She once again dipped her head towards the handsome palomino stallion.

She kept her bright eyes dancing between the two, slowly before sideling sideways so she could keep them both in her line of sight. She lifted her rear right hoof on the ground to show she was relaxed. There was a slight tinge of tension between them and she wasn’t very sure why, but maybe showing she was at ease would help. “All new comers to this land must pass through here, and it is the best place to offer homes to lost and lonely souls.” She lifted her ears towards the mare curious to hear her answer. “My home rests at the bottom of a mountain and is quite sheltered from storms. The grass grows tall and rich offering plenty of food. There are caves for shelter if you do not want to stay in the fields.” She smiled again and dipped her head towards the stallion inviting him to speak if he wished.

--------------------------------------------------------
Speech Thoughts
Words: 285
OOC: Crappy sorry!

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Unregistered
The dark lady with cobalt eyes seemed startled as the anxious stallion approached with fluid motions. Despite his masculinity, his elegance was radiant, and the stallion that once was a warrior almost seemed fragile as a feather. But of course judging by looks is foolish for he possessed strength to fight for what was right for his herd. The other pegasus mare that stood before him was touched with hues of cremello. Her eyes were a different shade of the dark mare, Phoenix's, but as alluring. The stallion wasn't really a flirt, but he had to internally admit when two mares like them, were truly beautiful.

"Nice to meet ya Phoenix!" With a gentle nicker back to her, his orbs lighted up with cheerfulness, and the previous anxiety he felt was slowly fading away. He needed to get over the tendency of shying away, and interact more with others. Recruiting, and meeting potential friends was his chance to break free of the bonds of low confidence. With a quirky smile to the other lady, she became known to him as Parelia. "I can see you're new, and Parelia has introduced so much to you", with a smile, he felt no rivalry towards the Windtossed mare. She was kind enough, so why hold grudges?

Dipping his head to the pretty mare, his smile for once wasn't so timid. "We live in two different parts of Helovia. I reside with my family in the Dragon's Throat, a desert land. At the heart of our home, there is a luscious oasis with crystal water, and various plants and grass to eat from", with a smile, he flicked his tail, not as awkward as he usually would be. He now awaited on the reply of Phoenix. How funny it was that he met another with his same name. It was pretty cool in his mind.

//sorry for the wait ^^"

Unregistered
(No problem :))

Phoenix continued to relax as Parelia and the palomino Phoenix gave off an aura of friendliness. She nodded her head and said quietly, "It's nice to meet you guys too." Phoenix listened as Parelia continued to speak. She then replied, "Thanks. It's nice to be welcomed and accepted for a change." Phoenix flicked her ears thoughtfully before adding, "I don't know about lonely but I am lost and I'm looking for a place to start a new life." She sighed at the thought of such a nice place to live. "That sounds like a nice place to live."

Phoenix looked around at the stallion as he spoke. His nicker put her mind at ease. Phoenix gave him a small smile and said, "Thanks. It's nice to meet you too." She paused and nodded again before continuing, "I know. I'm not sure where I want to go just yet." Phoenix was thoughtful as the palomino stallion told her about his home. "I'm not really into the desert but I like the sound of that oasis."

The young black mare was lost in thought as she waited for Parelia and Phoenix to respond. They had given her much to think about. Phoenix was not sure about where she wanted to live. Both the Windtossed Foothills and the Dragon's Throat sounded like good places to begin her new life but she couldn't decide which place would be more ideal. Phoenix hoped they would tell her more about both their homes and not rush her into making decision.

(I'm sorry guys my muse for this has just blown up in a fiery car wreck for some reason and I don't want to hold you up so you can get out and about in the site.You guys can just carry on without me. I guess just say she heard something and just took off.)

Unregistered
Her voice was quiet, contrary to the loud stallion that forced himself to keep on speaking and not run away with anxiety. Of course mares never intimidated him as much as stallion. As he listened to the dark mare's words Phoenix felt his heart clench. All she wanted was to be accepted by others, just like so many wanderers that sought homes. He was like that once. No, forget it. He was still like that. Fighting to find a place to belong. Is that what the other Phoenix truly wanted. If Parelia couldn't offer her a home of friendship and family, then he would seek to do so.

The desert idea didn't appeal to the mare, but he would still try to convince her. Of course, that is if she asked more questions on the home he loved so much. It was true, he cared for the Throat a lot, but he wouldn't blame Phoenix if the desert name didn't appeal to her. "I can understand why you wouldn't be into the desert. But during the rainy season, it gets a little bit better", with a half heart chuckle, he glanced at her with curious orbs, hoping she would kind of like the idea of rivers and streams during the rainy season.

Parelia stood quietly as Phoenix conversed with the mare. He stood quietly and passively as he awaited for the pale mare wondering is she would speak, or just fade out like he wanted to in the beginning.