the Rift

[DROP] Curiousity [Fire/Light Magic Drop]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Although the woods do their best to keep the light from infringing upon the darkest places therein, where the wicked walk and the silent stake their claims, a light has suddenly emerged.

It is brighter than the sun - and by that my curious darlings, I do mean that you shouldn't look at it directly. But you should go towards it - surely nothing could go wrong, when a light so brightly shines and cuts through the darkness?

It isn't like it's a trap, or anything...

This is a Fire/Light Magic drop. Only post if you have had light, fire, or a hybrid of one of those on your wishlist for more than 1 month. Please also post a link to your wishlist, and any previous refusals that are relevant (only refusals that were for fire/light magic are considered relevant). The winner will be decided by dice roll.

This drop will close in 72 hours.

Kari Posts: 52
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.0hh :: 3 years Buff: NOVICE
Wanderer

The times when he was surprised by the throws of life were few and far between. Ground and river, wind and rain; they told him where they had been, what they had been up to and all that had crossed them before he placed his tiny feet in their elements. Same with people, though the creatures that had reached out to brush a velvet nose against his slate-gray woolen coat weren't as many yet, and they were good at keeping their secrets. There was so much more to the lives of the winged and hoofed, so much that not even rock and root could reveal - and it made him curious.

Another thing that made him curious was that light that gleamed up ahead. It was unlike the steady, pale glow of the moon that shone down from the sky at night, different too from flickering flames he had seen consuming trees and shrubs in Shadow's memories. (He wasn't going to call her mother, because according to both of them a mother should be someone who loved. She never did, and they were both sorry for that.) Nor was it the flickering glow of blue lights he sometimes saw flicker over the bogs around the forest to the south, eerie and fickle and somehow more interesting.

No, this light was different. And as ever, despite the fervent protests of the shadow mare, whenever he became curious over something, Kari felt a need to touch it. So many interesting things was revealed to him when he did, and he never stopped wanting to know. It was second nature too him, even though it sometimes grew wearying and hard to keep up with the flashing visions, that always assaulted him seemingly without reason.

So, the frail colt had an eager smile spread over his lip as he slipped quietly from the side of his sleeping mother, rose onto spindly legs and walked away into the depth of the forest. She wouldn't care that he went. Not really, not with the heart. But making sure that he grew up and became strong and could take care of himself was a duty of hers, and Shadow was much more reliable when it came to duty than she was in matters of love. And as it was the duty of a mother to keep their foal by their side at all times, if she knew what he was up to she would definitely try to stop him.

That was why the foal kept his downy wings tucked tightly against the sides and the overly long tail wrapped securely around a leg as he moved, making sure that he didn't step on branches or stumble over roots as he made his way towards the light. For someone so fresh on his feet he was good at sneaking - it made sense, since his mother was the best of all the sneakers in the herd - and the shadow mare was sleeping soundly, tired from walking so far on her feet rather than flying. She hadn't told him what they were doing there, so far up north... and Kari never asked. Right now it didn't even feel important.

Coming closer to the source, the blue-eyed hybrid had to keep his eyes on the ground to see where he was walking, so bright was the shining object. The shadows it drew over the ground were sharp and black, so thick he thought he might stumble over them if he got careless. Small feet lifted higher from the ground, cloven hooves light and soundless as they stepped only on the illuminated soil where leaves and moss and grass had been transformed into a vibrant display of color; orange, yellow, red and green in a million hues, and all around them was black, black, black as the night when he closed his eyes.

Rapid heartbeats drummed in the chest as the foal squinted and raised the head, coming to a stop upon finding the light hovering just above him, eyes screwing shut when the light grew too bright to actually look at. It glowed and danced, flashed over the inside of the lids, and with held back breath Kari lifted his nose up, elegantly raising up to balance on wobbly rears as he tried to touch the thing with his nose...

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Wants: [Magic: Light | Telepathy: Able to communicate mentally with anyone in the near vicinity.]
[Restrictions: Only able to speak to one at a time.] Wishlist

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP:42.5
Helovia Hard Mode
Permission granted at all times to use magic and violence on Kari

Vulture Posts: 44
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15'2 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Vulture

There will be no escape cause he's fallen far from grace

I decide to return to the forest for some odd reason, but I still find this place preferable to everywhere else. There is a bit of dried blood on my hooves and some on my bottom lip, I finally gave into Kestrel’s constant nagging to kill, and quite honestly it was a waste of time, but it had been a bit fun admittedly. I had made sure the stallion was a dick before I finally slit his throat. Kestrel had been giggling like a child, while Nightingale had been pleading me to stop. I feel a bit bad for putting the poor guy through all this, all he wants to do is help, and he isn’t trying to convince me to slaughter stallions. A lift off in the distance catches my attention

“What the hell?” I murmur to myself as I begin to walk toward it. It’s pure stupidity to just wander on toward it, it very well could be a lure for ignorant fools. I guess it’s a risk I’m willing to take, because there very well could be something nice there as well. I make an effort to move as silently as I can. Each step is careful and I frequently shift my gaze from the ground to ahead of me. I don’t like this Vulture, Nightingale says, This just has bad written all over it.

I roll my eyes at Nightingale’s worry. “Calm down, I am being careful,” I say under my breath. Alright… Just don’t get hurt, okay? Having someone be concerned about my well being is the weirdest feeling in the world. I almost want to laugh at the sheer thought of it. At the same time, it’s a nice feeling, weird, but nice. Maybe someday there will be someone who will mourn my death instead of rejoice it.

As I get closer to the light, I find it more and more blinding. My eyes squint as I get close I completely turn my gaze away from it. Why am I still surprised by the weird woohoo magic shit that goes down here? I mean seriously, I should just learn to expect weird shit to appear now.

[Wishlist
Magic: Dark x Fire | The ability to create a thick smog that is difficult to see through] Restrictions: Doesn't only blind his enemies, only is present for 3 posts before fading away. ]

Image Credit
[Image: 2yo7n0m.png]
I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed
Get along with the voices inside of my head

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Rounded hooves found their place easily as I pressed through the twisting maze of massive trees, their offspring littered across the ground in the form of needles both fresh and wilted. As usual, the forest is cloaked in a dark shroud, the tree tops weaving together high above our heads in order to create a roof between the wandering souls and the open blue sky. To be out of the intense beams of our great sun is wonderful, the air seems to be easier to breath, and the constant prod of heat waves cannot reach us as easily in here.

My bright forelock hung over my left eye, casting an odd shadow across my snout, the light pouring over my body like a wave over the rocky edges of a spit. Purple pools squinted hard against the light as I simultaneously pulled my crown away from the subject at matter. What the fuck?! Curiously, I peered back up, my pupils dilating awkwardly, making it difficult for me to focus on anything but the radiant light.

A dark figure moves through my peripheral vision, catching my attention before it draws closer and closer to the light. Dark ears press forward, listening to the footsteps of the stranger as I allow my eyes to adjust to the sudden burst of light. A small moment passes before I am also drawn to the light like an insect to the dreamy purple haze of a bug-zapper. The figure that had passed had now presented itself as a fellow unicorn, a red bone resting happily atop the stranger's skull.

Once more, I pause, my maw tucked into my chest, attempting to shield my purple orbs with the thicket of white hair that billows over my forehead. Without addressing the stranger, or myself, I once more attempt to peer up at the light with squinted eyes. "What is this?" The words slip quietly from my dark lips, falling on surely def ears. As if the glowing ball was hanging in the air by a limb, it floated... just above another object? A small body, dawned with both antlers and wings alike, has it's head craned upward, the globe hanging directly above it.

"Speak." Walk walk
Wishlist, Magic: Fire x Light ; Soaks up energy from the sun like a solar panel in order to send a spray of flames in a four foot diameter.
Fallback: Can only be used once in battle, but can play with it whenever. Drains energy quickly after first use no matter the situation.
AgronA
i swear there's no more silver lining
cause i'm all out of breath

image credits
table by whit

Sakura Posts: 41
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: Two Years (at time of death) Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Oh why did I have to come here. Why did I come back here of all places. Carefully I tiptoed around the place I had last seen my Father's body.... He and Kiba, would rest forever in peace in the darkness that is the Deep Forest. Never again would I get to play with Kiba, or rest my head against my Daddy's flank. Not only that, but I could never rest my head against my mother's flank either. Why did they both have to be murdered? None of that really mattered anymore. The light was so dim here I really needed to pay attention to where I was going. I didn't want to end up like my parents...

That was when I saw it. A light. It was so much brighter than I could ever imagine.... Sure it could be a trap for foolish little ones like me.... Not that I was really little anymore... But even still. That was when I saw them. A pegaus foal, very young by the looks of it.. and two unicorns... Instantly I moved forward, following this light that they were. The closer in I got, the brighter it became until I was almost squinting my light green eyes shut.

Well if this was a trap, it would be one heck of a way to go out. I hope my siblings know I love them... But I have to know now what this light is.... Could it maybe just maybe brighten my day justa bit?

"talk"

--------------------

Wishlist: Light | The ability to create light where there is none- to turn shadow into sunlight. Can blind an opponent in battle

Previous Tries:
Quest Drop #8 Fire|Light
Quest Drop #4 Fire|Light

Sakura
my heart is ever at your service
background pattern by webstreatsetc.deviantart.com

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Passive ::[Fire | Mane and tail are in a constant form of harmless fire.]
http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=10272%5D

I've been here before.

I had wanted to meet a horse, but only saw scenery. Sadly I did not befriend anyone that day. That is okay though, since I am back. I want to see if I can find anyone here willing to befriend a misfit like me. I was hoping I could meet an outcast, but I would be okay with any herd horses.

Out of the darkness of the forest, I see a bright light. It's stark crystalline beauty is obscured by trees. I stare at it for a moment before galloping forward, towards it. Am I dying? Is this the light to leave the mortal earth and go to heaven? I don't want to die. If I wanted to visit the clouds, I could just fly towards then. I was not a being that had to die the be with clouds.

My thin body whips around the trees effortlessly. My tail lashes behind me, smacking my hocks. A thin layer of sweat beads in my gold and white flank as I gallop towards the light. My wings are folded tightly over my flanks. I want the light. Well, maybe I don't want it, but something tells me to push onwards towards it.

I do not know a lot, but I do know the emotion of rage. Upon seeing a few horses gathered near the light, my direction changes from the light to the stallion that scared me. "The Temptress is back, and you are a sinner, bitch." I talk to the stallion as I slide to a halt. "You have not killed me, but you have scared me."I lift my left wing into the air. The pink scar on my flank can so easily be seen. "Do you attack every foal you see? Darn, it's too bad I'm not a foal anymore." My words have a certain venom to them. It's a tone I have never used before, but the malice is clear.

I stare at him good and hard as my wing shuts to my side again. I know what a temptress is, but I am not one. "You are the sinner, you are the one who attacked a helpless child." I lunge forward at him, hopefully to those left side of him. As I lunge I turn my head to the right and open my jaw. As my hooves land on the ground, I shut my mouth hard, hoping to grab some of his tender skin and rip it off. I am pissed.

I catch a blinding glimpse of the light and sprint forward, galloping clockwise around to the other side if what the ball of light now known as the sun to me. I am hopefully on the opposite side of the light, plenty away from the stallion. Come at me, Stallion.

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Places that harbored darkness were not common routes for the pale femme as many creatures could hide within only to attack at any given moment. Yet for some strange reason here she was walking through the thick enclosure of trees and foliage. Somethings could never be predicted similar to the way life always seemed to take drastic flips and turns leaving the occupants confused and almost dazed, or at least that's the way she felt. Coming to Helovia a couple months earlier had been a complete accident but so far it seemed to be suiting her better than the rest of the lands she had traveled. People here seemed much kinder than other folk in the past providing her a way to begin the long process of learning to trust again when she had almost given up on life.

Rounding a turn in the path brought with it a blinding light up ahead beneath the canopy. Freezing momentarily as her eyesight adjusted to the sudden brightness the figures of other equine could be made out around whatever was emitting such a light. Nothing that she knew of could light up like this object, what was it she wondered silently squinting as she attempted to think of something reasonable. Well things here were not exactly common so the only way she could find out is to head over there and see it for herself. Socializing was not exactly the first priority on her agenda for the day but it was as much a part of life as was each breath she took she would just have to suck it up and deal with it like any normal being.

Bowing her head to the light in an attempt to shield her eyes from the glare she approached cautiously trying to move around the others that had gathered here as well. What was this thing? Did anyone here even know the answer? Maybe the light would act as a beacon to guide her towards a brighter future instead of blinding her for eternity.

NOTES: No previous denials
[Wishlist] http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=10312
Passive/Active Magic: [Time x Fire] :: Ability to create blue fire over body as form of protection or defense. Can be used to burn others should they come in contact with it should she wish it to harm them. Can be affected by strong emotions such as fear or pain making it under involuntary control.

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Takara Posts: 19
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 14.3 :: Yearling Buff: NOVICE
Emily

I had followed my sister this time, curious as to where she was going. My steps were quiet, as I did not want her to know she was getting followed. I had to know where she was going. At the sound of her hoofsteps grew quiet I figured it out. The smell of pine was strong... Was this the deep forest? It had to be.... Then that meant.... This was where Daddy died... I sighed as I heard her hoofbeats pick up again. Oh how I wish I could see. It would be so amazing to be able to know where we were heading off to now. I could hear others around us, and I picked up my pace to be closer to my twin.

There was something drawing us closer, I'm not sure why. Could it be? Could this be a chance to earn magic again? There is no humming sound like the last time. But a girl could hope... Couldn't I? I just wish I knew what we were trying for this time... The last time I had failed, carried safely across a gap in Helovia's Heart. What if I could somehow get some sort of sight? Oh that would be simply amazing! With a huff I bumped into my sister, walking beside her into what we did not know. It could be a trap, or something that would attack us... But at least I had my sister here at my side... Surely she would not leave me, or allow anything to harm me because I could not see it coming, right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wishlist
Not sure if we can go for passive magic, so im putting two in case we can't
:: [Magic: Light (P)| Able to use Echolocation to sense animals and objects around her]
or
:: [Magic: Earth x Light | The ability to merge your body with a bonded companion, mixing your minds and physical traits into one being]

Takara

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official

The first to arrive is perhaps the smallest of them all, sneaking through the darkness on frail, spindly legs, his first instinct, the same as that of so many other younglings that have walked this path, is to touch the orb of light - or, at least, to try. For as he reaches out to brush the sphere with his nose (as he stares right at it, the silly thing), it begins to hippity-hop around the trees, its light flickering through the leaves and the branches, each new motion creating new rays with which to blind newcomers.

On comes the dark stallion with the red horn; the mare with the long pair of protrusions. Another youngling, an equine filly this time. Another fae, older, but still young, with far too much energy. Though the others seem intrigued by the light, the newest addition only sees the red-horned stallion. A mare, smarter than the rest, approaches cautiously, attempting to shield her eyes; and finally another filly, painted with brown and white. All the while, the light bounces around the treetops, casting its blinding light down among the watchers.

Finally, it comes to a stop before the stallion with the red horn. It has chosen its bearer.

Congratulations, Vulture. You have won the fire/light magic drop!

Dark x Fire :: the ability to create a thick smog that is difficult to see through
[Restrictions: can be used once during battle and will last for the duration of 20 seconds]

Our apologies for the wait!

Remember, an item/magic/companion must be on your wishlist for at least one month before you may enter a drop for it! In addition, passive magic can neither be quested for nor received through a drop - a character may only be born with it or receive it through RE.

Further, an extra roll is only acquired when a participant completes all rounds of a drop. For example, if a drop has three rounds, and you only complete the first round, that will not count towards an extra roll.

If you have any questions, please PM the Official account and we will address them accordingly.

List
Randomized
Dice Roll