the Rift

[OPEN] Plus One [Cassanchi, Welcoming]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Having come from the Threshold forest with a new member in hand, Kahlua was as happy as could be. She loved life, she loved friends, she loved crafting, she loved recruiting... how could life get any better? As she showed the new stallion to home, she alternately hummed and chattered on about nonsense, informing him of various aspects of herd life, letting him know about the different positions and what she knew about the various lands about Helovia. Now and again she mentioned names, among them Lace and Mirage as their leaders, and reiterated that peace was the mission of Qian. Briefly, she mentioned the wall, but was really more excited for him to see it than to hear about it. Life was easy for a simple soul, most days. At least, when the sun was out. When the sun was gone, it was a different story entirely.

Most nights, when the sun went down, Kahlua found herself in fear. It was a mild fear, certainly not paralyzing, but something noteworthy enough that it affected her life. When the shadows came, she usually hid herself in the little copse she called home near the garden that was Resplendence's. Other times, she would sidle up against the wall, happy to lay against the cool glass and feel comforted by something that was so much greater than her- something she had brought to life.

And speaking of the wall, finally it came into view. Kahlua nickered eagerly, breathing into a bouncy trot, coming upon her gargantuan creation and smiling broadly. Turning back to their newest member Cassanchi and bobbing her head. “Here's home!” she announced brilliantly, taking him down the wall until they found the opening that led into the land. The two of them would just fit through together, if they walked side-by-side. “This is the wall I mentioned. It runs from the mountains over that way,” she motioned to the East, “To the cliffs that way,” this time motioning to the west. “This is the only way in and out, so you'll have to through here. It's to keep intruders out. We were invaded, after all. Come on in!” A content look settled upon her face, glancing to Cassanchi to see if he had any questions thus far, as she walked through the doorway. It was hard to imagine the girl hadn't answered most of them along the way, though.

@[Cassanchi]- I had a little bit of time so I got something up for you, since I noticed you hadn't had time to post yet! Take your time and welcome again to the Edge!!

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Cassanchi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The silver laden stallion's eyes were filled with an immense amount of foliage and hope. A feeling he had thought was forever lost inside the wretched walls of Argiala. The city of sin. The city of shame that wallows in its self made dishonor. With haste and without warning, his father's face began to flicker within his suppressed thoughts. Quickly Attempting to repress and defuse such vial thoughts, Cassanchi shouted inwardly "NO; I DO NOT WISH TO REMEMBER YOU NOR YOUR LIES!" The words seemed to reverberate, echoing and bouncing off the empty pit in his chest that once held a heart. "PLEASE!" he quietly begged. No sooner than his last plea, the faint image of his father began to fizzle and subside, fading into a blackened oblivion. The feeling of relief soothed his suddenly contorted face. Luckily the mare hadn't notice his abrupt expression. Had she had taken notice, he would have had to spin yet another string of yarn for his deceivingly young tapestry.

His focus was suddenly snatched up by the massive opaque wall that stood before him. It sparkled, gleaming and glittering in the bitter cold sunlight. The scarlet red trees seemed to twist and dance relentlessly along the massive wall, forever enhancing its majesty and beauty. An overwhelming feeling of happiness finally scuttled out from what he had thought was surely a blackened empty hole.
"Home." he repeated, "This is home." A couple beads of water formed in his rusty tear duct; Quickly he shook his beautiful multicolored head and forelock to shake the weak, mare-like emotion from his face. Without hesitation and despite his quiet and fragile short-lived outburst, Cass followed the mare through the crystal doorway into what felt to be heaven. "I hope this is not too good to be true. I want to be here.. I needto be here, no matter what. he thought to himself. This is the first chapter of my life. Authentically, his lips began to curl, once again giving away his feelings of momentary euphoria.
"Kahlua," he began, "Who is your leader? Who is your father? Your parents? Your foals, your people?" His eager inquiries dictated and inquired for a hasty response. Cass wanted to know everything about his new home, as being a part of this herd was no longer an option, it was his duty. Unexpectedly, his frozen exterior began to melt, slowly dripping away from his body only to reveal a faint yet familiar and rhythmic beat against his once thought to be hollowed chest.

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Indeed the stallion was lucky. She was not astute, she was not good at looking at others and gauging their emotions. Perhaps she could be, if she tried, but she did not try. She was not interested in trying. She watched so many philosophers come and go each day, world-weary with their thinking and their sorrows, their knowledge of the lands their denizens. Even if she was capable of being that horse, she didn't want to be. Why would she want to analyze every portion of her day. Why would she want to pick apart what is right and wrong in this world? She had tried it with Dragomir, exhausted though she was from building the wall. She hadn't liked it then, she wouldn't like it now.

The way the autumn foliage danced off the massive creation made the girl smile- the colors only lending to the beauty of the barrier. Home. This is home. And even though she was not a philosopher and did not usually pick up on the emotions of others, she did understand the way his voice sounded when he spoke. Home. She loved it here too. She had been so happy to find a place to live, to have purpose again, to escape the burning fires of her past and start anew in a new place with new friends. She was happy to have a goal to strive for- peace. It would be perfect.

At mention of her name, she turned back to face the stallion, a smile of her own resting easily upon her lips. The rapid fire questions came and she laughed brilliantly, her dancing soprano quickly picking up where the stallion left off. “Mirage found this herd, you will probably find her in the form of a black mare, though she can become a rather lovely golden dragon if she pleases. Lace leads along-side of her, a grullo stallion with a spiderweb on his face.” For a moment she stopped, hesitating to answer the next questions, if only that she didn't want to dig the memories out of her head. But he had asked, and she would answer. Her emotions were so fleeting anyway. Any sorrow she might feel at talking about her family would disappear soon enough.

“They called my father the Preacher, my mother Krystal Nacht. But they are not here and never were.” What had he asked next? Foals? She laughed again, throwing her nose to the wall. “That is my child. The only one I hope I'll ever have,” she said shaking her head. She was not patient enough for such small creatures. She was glad she had bee a foal once, because it meant she was an adult now, but she did not want her own to look after it. How would she enjoy life if she was forced to watch over a needy creature for two years? No. Foals were not for her. “The Qian are our people, we live here, we want peace. We are allied with the Tuuli to the South in the Dragon's Throat. The unicorns of the Basin to the North are our enemies, as long as they keep trying to kill everything without a horn upon their head. And then the Foothills to the East. I still don't know where we stand with them.” Relations with the Foothills had been changing ever since the war. Whether they were enemies or friends now was still a point of confusion.

Finally finished with her speech, and continuing to weave through the trees to show the stallion all around his new home, the girl decided to turn the attention upon him. “I'm glad you decided to give up your old lifestyle, to come here. What made you change?” She was genuinely curious for the answer, though she could not say why. Perhaps it was because she needed to know how to make others have a chance of heart. She wanted the whole world to live in peace, after all. How was she going to make that happen without knowledge of how to make them see the errors of their ways?

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Cassanchi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
occ: I apologize sev, been so busy with the holidays; will be posting by tomorrow night