the Rift

[OPEN] You Lead, I'll Drag You Down

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Flared nostrils drew in deep breaths evenly, mist rolling through the air upon each exhale. Orangemoon has set in, bringing with it the chilly temperatures and earlier dawn; it seemed that only an hour ago the sun was set pleasantly at the top of the sky, marking mid-day as it attempted to heat our already cursed land. Gnarled tree trunks jutted from the swamp waters, very little seemed to be alive, and I was only able to note this due to the small, ugly patches of thin, round leaves that poked up from miniature sticks. Perhaps they're all dead.. only some are taking longer to die. My right eye twitched randomly, causing my ears to lay back in my flaxen mane.

I have been back in Helovia for a while now.. I think. A few days? No.. it's been longer than that. I think. My mind began to wander, attempting to track down and date the long days of traveling. Since my return, I have nearly given myself a heart attack twice; once at the meeting the day after I had returned, and another when I was wandering through the Heart: I had nearly fallen into an underground cavern and killed myself. The missing body would have surely surpassed everyone's mind, I had not even been back long enough for Eris to take special notice of my presence at the meeting. She did have a lot to take care of though. Fucking Oxy. What an idiot.

Another involuntary twitch, but this time in my right ear. This is going to be rather annoying, I believe.

Mud squished out of beneath my pampered hooves each step, once in a while the suction stuck between the dirtied earth and my frog making it difficult to lift my own leg with ease. Further into the swamps I wandered, the trail that had been stained into my brain still as clear as day to the trained eye. As if it were a guaranteed deal, the flies began buzzing around my warm body; they're like the annoying attention-starved puppy, whining and pissing all over the floor because they're so excited you're back home from your five minutes outside. Immediately my tail swung into action, the thickly woven follicles snapping at my hide at each attempt to rid this revolting swamp of maybe one more insect.

Another ear twitch. Fucking flies.

The skinny path began to spread out once more, gradually opening until I made my way into the small clearing that clown-faced Seele had lead me to during our first meeting. As empty as ever, I couldn't help but wonder where all of my family is. So little of them have I met, so many unfamiliar faces that I had been allowed to stare at silently during the meeting. They have to be here somewhere, but where exactly I'm not positive.

Purple pools flicked around, hoping to spot the sleek white coat of the arrogant Arlo, the massive body of the nervous wreck Oxy and his little purse, or even the bright red warning flag of Eris' massive locks. I stood silently in the clearing, tail now motionless, my antlered skull held at shoulder level. Am I enough to stay here? Perhaps I am no longer needed here either.

Another eye twitch, followed by the shake of my long skull, creamy colored hair falling straight down my snout.

Tagged: Come one come all!
"Speak." Walk walk
AgronA
i swear there's no more silver lining
cause i'm all out of breath

image credits
table by whit

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
OOC - Hope you don't mind me popping in here @[Agrona]!

My hooves pressed against the brown earth carefully. My head held low, in a. Relaxed manner. Two white wings at my side were loosely folded, covering some of my golden dapples and scar. Gold orbs scan the area ahead of me. I see that the narrow dirt path I walk on takes a sharp turn to the right. The dense foliage around me block my view from seeing where this turn will take me. Who knows, I may end up dead today. My white tail sways back and forth, occasionally hitting my hocks. Today has been long, and I almost just want to sleep, but I know I can not do that.

So, slowly, I turn right and look ahead. I am not surprised at what I see-- well, maybe a little. There is a mare on the path I wanted to walk on. I could see two large horns curling from her brow in an impressive manner. She looks strong and built. Her muscle definition increasing each step I take closer to her. I can see she has a dark coat, possibly black, and a white or grey mane. Today in the forest, it is dark. Unable to see any further details, I halt about two meters away from her.

"Aurelia, leader of the newly founded group known as" I pause for a moment. I do not have a name for my group. I will have to name my group now or risk making a fool of myself. "The" I spoke slowly, to give myself time to think. Would 'The Kin' work? I decided it didn't. The name was good, but it needed another word in the middle. "Lost Kin." I said finally. Did I just create myself a herd? Oh no, no, no! This was not my plan, well maybe, but certainly I did not want to make this group now! What rules would I implement? I'm positive that is the least of my problems to come.

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Adoptable

The silence of the haunted swamps did not inhabit my equally silent skull for long; mud sucked away at gentle steps behind me, catching my attention enough to lift my long skull into the air and crane it backward. Purple pools peeked over my shoulder, between the bright layers of forelock, in hopes of seeing some one that I knew from the herd. Instead, a white body -plastered with a yellow hue- moved toward me, two massive appendages folded at her sides tightly. Unimpressed, a huff of air escaped my lungs and evaporated into the cold air slowly. My left eye twitched and caused the white dots to become visible for a split second in my field of vision.

Pretty girl stopped, her obnoxiously bright eyes dawned on me as if I were a nice tuft of grass in the middle of a desert during a drought. Without the mere clear of her throat or any awkward beginning, she forced her name into the air, stuttering and skipping a few seconds between the rest of her already too elongated sentence. Both ears rotated backward as the female, Aurelia, finished her choppy introduction. "That's wonderful sweety, but, I don't recall asking who you are." My gravely -yet still feminine- voice lacked emotion behind it.

Dark eyelashes batted sarcastically at the stranger before I decided to swing my body around in order to face Aurelia straight on. If this bitch thought she was going to parade around our little swamp and talk to our corpses, she was wrong. All four feet shuffled to the left until I had swung around fully, my tail beginning to snap back and forth once more; the flies are no longer the bother, it is now an intruder... as much as I hate this marsh and it's preserved victims, it is my home, and I have suddenly become fairly defensive over it.

"What did you say you are? A leader of what?" I spat, left ear shooting forward quickly with a twitch following the quick movement. I took a large two steps forward, antlered skull reaching down, a cocky smirk rolling across my dark maw. Violet gaze took in the oddities of the young mare before me; "You sure are flamboyant, aren't you?" A small chuckle slipped past rough lips, "That's cute." If I had eyebrows, they would come in real handy right now; the expression on my face portrays nothing but thick sarcasm.

There is something about this young female that I really do not care for, but I cannot place what it is. I have always listened to instinct, and it has gotten me here so far, so why ignore it now? My face drew back into the air, pride radiating off of my dark hide while glossy purple pools stared at the female in await of a response. My tail snapped at my left flank, leaving a mild stinging sensation.

Tagged: @[Aurelia], open to crash
"Speak." Walk walk
AgronA

image credits
table by whit

baylee
"That's wonderful sweety, but, I don't recall asking who you are." The mare's voice is harsh in my ears, but I want to make this a pleasant day. Couldn't I just have one pleasant day? Her voice comes off as rude and superior. Was she a psychotic as the ass who attacked me, nearly killing me? As the larger female swung her fat butt out of my face, I wanted her to turn back around. Her back end was a much more pleasant sight than her face. Well-- maybe not, but I figured she was hideous on the outside, just like the inside. "I'm sorry, but at least I am a someone." My voice is ironically sweet enough to give anything a toothache.

"What did you say you are? A leader of what?" I rolled my eyes slightly. Was she as deaf as she was hideous? "I am the leader of The Lost Kin." I shoot her a smile that says 'Yes, I hate you!' I do not actually hate her, but it has been a long day. Will she forgive me? No, I don't want forgiveness from a horribly disgusting beast as herself.

"You sure are flamboyant, aren't you? That's cute." My previous smile fades to my regular face and I look at this mare. She was nothing spectacular by any means. Was she part of a herd? I figured the only use of a brute like her was a warrior (probably a bad one, though). "What herd are you in now? And why are you here?" My voice is comical now, but nothing over the top. Why could no one see my potential, but me?

ooc - short and crappy DX They'll get better!

Adoptable

Goldie didn't take long to fiddle around with her imagination in order to come back with a retort, though, for her sake, I wish she would have. "-at least I am a someone." Ohh, that was cold. What an idiot, my conscience murmured in the back of my skull. My lips did not curl, nostrils did not flare, nor did my ears even turn back at the spit of so very harsh words. Instead, I had carried on with my turning about business.

"The Lost Kin, huh?" a warm giggle slid off of dark lips, bright teeth snapping back together quickly afterword. "That's great. Did you come up with it yourself?" The mare's face is twisted into what I believe is a fake, mocking grin; the poor thing, she is so young and naïeve. Once more, the girl mocked me, the high-pitch tone of her voice making it obvious that she cannot speak without some form of attitude behind each word.

"What herd are you in now? And why are you here?" The grim smile returned once more, toying at my lips as the corners of my mouth turned up. I lifted my lace-printed skull to a comfortable height, proudly pressing my ears forward on either side of my twisted antlers. "I associate with a group that we like to call The Asylum. I'm not sure who you think you are asking why I am here; my family inhabits this shit hole. Soon enough though, you could probably bring your.." I paused for a brief moment, the grin spreading to a broad smile, "'Lost Kin,' here. It's not much, but it does fit us fairly well."

My left ear twitched, causing me to shake my cranium with irritation, the creamy mess of hair landing everywhere that it should not be after word. Both purple splashed pools narrowed mildly at the gold-flecked yearling, a chuckle slipping past still smiling lips. "Why are you here, princess? If it is your kin you have lost, perhaps they are belly-up in our lovely spas!" My snout swipes to the left, then the right, gesturing to the dark waters and their preserved victims.

Tagged: @[Aurelia]
"Speak." Walk walk
AgronA

image credits
table by whit

baylee
"The Lost Kin, huh?" I listened to her silently. My straight face giving off an aura of anger and frustration. "That's great. Did you come up with it yourself?" I dropped my head lower to the ground, taking a good whiff of the damp earth. I am the lost one. Will no one ever find me? Instead of answering the mare I continue to smell everything around me, including trees that weren't even a foot away from me. However, the water I did not dare sniff. I'dd probably become some horrid ogre thing.

"blablablahblabblah The Asylum. I'm not sure who you think you are asking why I am here; my family inhabits this shit hole. Soon enough though, you could probably bring your.." My brow raised along with my head to that question. I hold my head high now, looking at her lips as they move in a way that makes me sense there is malice other meanings to her words. "Family?" I attempt to finish her sentence, as she takes forever to complete it. Rather than nodding at me, telling me my answer is correct, she continues on-- ignoring me. "'...Lost Kin,' here. It's not much, but it does fit us fairly well." As she has given me the view of her ass again, I let my ears slide back and flatten quietly against my skull. "I do not like it here." I say cooly. Did she want us to stay here? I know knew the Asylum is an ally of the Dragon's Throat. Sadly, I am no longer in the Throat.

"Why are you here, princess? If it is your kin you have lost, perhaps they are belly-up in our lovely spas!" I snarl at her. "I haven't lost anything. I am not a princess. I wanted to know what was here." I pause momentarily, was the stallion that attacked me as crazy as this bitch? Speaking of him, was he in The Asylum also? "Is there a grey stallion in the asylum?" My question is vague, but that is all I wish to know right now.

I wanted revenge against the stallion that attacked me. I want to leave him cold and dead, on the floor.

Adoptable

Instead of becoming even more bothered than she had already seemed to be by just words alone, the young mare seems to distance herself from the conversation, her nostrils flaring and fluttering as she sniffs our surroundings. I continue on, though some what irritated with her insignificant display of such poor respect -not that I have shown much-, with my explanation. My white tail swings back and forth steadily, long strings of knotted hair sweeping across the dirt floor.

"I do not like it here." The youngling coos; my mocking tone while mentioning the female's faceless family undoubtedly set something off, as her tone dropped from high-pitched to low and some-what hostile; her quick sentence is followed up by a question: "Is there a grey stallion in The Asylum?" My purple pools stare directly at the pale, empty eyes of the young mare that stands before me. My right ear flips backward, a sigh causing my chest to rise and fall dramatically as I search through my brain, pin-pointing faces at the meeting that I -thankfully- stumbled into with only one word.

Grey, grey, grey my brain processes all of the faces I remember, the only face that I really recall being "grey" is the grullo stallion with a red bone jutting from his forehead. But Goldie does not need to know that I know him; she may have some history with the stallion that I do not intend on hearing about. "No." I finally spit, my right eye twitching with the word.

I am growing bored of this filly now; she has provided me nothing but useless information and a bit of a giggle. My violet eyes skim the surroundings of the open marsh, looking for a possible distraction that I could point out to the gold-flecked girl; like a dog to a stick, or a child to a shiny object.

Tagged: @[Aurelia]
"Speak." Walk walk
AgronA

image credits
table by whit

baylee
This mare is a stray bitch who needs to be put on a short leash from time to time. She seems cocky, arrogant, disrespectful, and undoubtedly unflattering. Her lip curls up in utter disgust. The foul sent of her body and this swamp, is a lot to take in. Let's not even mention the rest. It feels unsanitary here for the young Aurelia. Seriously though, the water is so murky, she wouldn't be surprised if the layer of grime lining the top of the infected waters contained bones from many different types of animals that had gotten slightly too adventurous. That's a sad fate, but it is one way to die. Smothered by marsh bones or burnt in fire? Burning is painful and if you don't die, you have to deal with burns...
ow.

The point is, it's a creepy ass place here. "So, you are antisocial. That is perfectly okay. I just want you to know," The two year old pauses for a moment, her eyes glazed with disappointment and rage. "...I'll be looking at the Asylum." She planned to see what the Asylum is all about. It seems like nothing special, but maybe she's wrong.

With that, Aurelia turned from the mare and slowly trotted away. Thoughts bubbling in her head. Why'd she offer me to live with her? Is she lesbian? I want to know more, so when can I meet her again? Her hoofbeats are loud and echo in the marsh. Tossing her head slowly, she disappears into the fog that had been building around her. Will she make it out?

The world may never know.