the Rift

[OPEN] No More Strippers, I Swear

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

We’re gonna play like that shit in the Veins never happened, okay?

Got it?

Clear?

Good. Okay.

Well.

So I was still pretty clueless. Yeah, that’s never really a thing that stops with me. And when my mind cleared of undisclosed intoxications, I figured the best thing for me to do at this time was stop worrying about shit I didn’t understand. Okay, sure, it’s not as though I could completely zone out of my role as…whatever the hell I was, sure. But my mind was breaking. I was confusing myself into a vortex of utter…well, even more confusion. I was walking myself in circles only to realize my path was a rhombus, and then walking the fine edges until realizing the road curved into strange domains. Mathematical.

Anyway, my point. I decided to take some time to focus on things that I was sure about. Things that were tangible on my tongue, to my touch, in my sight, in my ears—promises I may have kept and obligations I had bound myself to. Like…

Jiji.

I dragged her out of the Foothills, promising to go on adventures with her, be her companion, keep her safe. And I had done absolutely none of that. Because I suck, and I warned her, but she decided to come along with me anyway, completely leaving me behind on those large, dazzling wings of hers to go do her own exploring, soaking shit up like a champion while I wandered in angry, anxious circles knowing I had to go somewhere and not knowing which direction to go to.

So I…took a step back. I caught my breath. I ate some things (shut up). And when I got back to what seemed like the mortal plane, I twisted a few arms, wrestled a few bears, ran a few errands. Some things—let’s just say that. And at the end of the things I did, I came about with this ring of metal that now sat on my horn, this brassy thing that sparkled slightly in the light, the rays catching on the tiny gemstones set within it. I didn’t know what it was or what it was for, but it was pretty as hell and it made me think of Jiji and I—

--uh—

-- I guess it was a peace offering of sorts? A thing that said “Hey I suck but I’m still thinking about you” or “Sorry for sucking” or “You’re hot” or whatever sentimental message that you could put in an inanimate object. Just…don’t judge me. I don’t know what I’m doing, but this feels right, even if it’s a little dumb. I—whatever. Shut up. Stop talking about me.

Anyway.

I was far west. The place I was in was in the exact opposite direction from our home—I guess I subconsciously avoided the place, because I was supposed to be taking her away from it. To see the world and explore places, and I sure as hell haven’t been here before. So here I was.

Except it was foggy, the mist super heavy in this place, even if it smelled like salt for some reason. Which was weird, but I’m no one to judge things as weird. The point is that I could’ve ended up lost if I didn’t know where north was (and I always knew north for some reason, don’t ask me why). The scents of other horses permeated this place, but it was diluted in some way I couldn’t place, so I brushed it off as though it were another wild place where outlaws roamed and hookers did their thing and all that fun stuff. Like Jiji would even be here. Whatever. I cleared my throat, the brass ring gleaming dully as it sat precariously on my horn-tip.

“…Jiji?” I kind of whisper-called, reaching out for her with my eyes, groping for her with my ears, “I—uh—could I talk to you?”

@[Ranjiri]

[Roskuld will be giving the brass tail-ring to Ranjiri in this thread. Also, to clarify, Ros can't discern the glass wall at this point (even though it IS visible, but she's not really trying to look for it/isn't quite aware of it) Otherwise feel free to smash <3 ]

talk

Like stars burning holes right through the dark
Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes</style>

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

We were supposed to be adventuring together, Ros, but you disappeared on me again. I'll admit that I was pretty upset with you at first, but I convinced myself that if you had disappeared that it had to have been for a reason. Like you did before. I just remember hoping that your dad hadn't gone and zapped you into an even older body that I would never be able to catch up with. I waited for you for a couple of days, but I got bored of waiting and went on a few adventures of my own. I met a few horses, made a few friends, discovered an underground cave that I'm going to have to show you. I got bored of exploring on my own, though, and I didn't have a home to go back to. So I just kind of floated around the edges of herd lands, not going in far enough for them to run me off, but not venturing out far enough to be in the wilds by myself.

I didn't know why I was hanging around where I was, I guess I was waiting for you to come and find me since I had to find you the last time. You didn't disappoint, it just took you a little while, but you've never really had good timing, which is funny considering who your dad is. You picked the perfect place to look for me when you came to the Edge. I had only been there for a couple of days and had explored just the outskirts of their land. I caught a glimpse every now and again of a wall, but I hadn't yet been brave enough to go and investigate it up close.

I was actually trying to convince myself to go and look at it when I heard you. I instantly felt lighter knowing that you were back and began to move quickly through the fog to try and find you. "Ros?" I called your name then hesitated and listened for your answer before searching again. It took a few tries, but I found you and when I did I was smiling and trotting toward you. If I wasn't such a wimp I probably would have tackled you right there and snuggled as close as I could to you, but pain is something I try to avoid.

"Ros!" Instead I settled for nuzzling you and pressing my body as close to yours as physically possibly. Could you tell that I missed you. "Where have you been?" My eyes searched your face then settled on the ring hanging around your horn. "And what is that?"

Image Credits

aud pixel!

I was prepared for a super long trek in places I wasn’t familiar with just to see her—I guess I had just become accustomed to expecting tedious, frustrating fumbles in the dark, because that’s all I had been doing lately. So when she just…sort of popped out at me from the fog, answering with her own springy gate and this smile plastered on her face as golden as the rest of her, I forgot exactly what I was doing at that moment and I pranced backward a few steps, snorting nervously, spooked even though there was obviously nothing to be spooked about.

I don’t know. There was still that warm gushy feeling I got every time I saw her (you shut up), which only seemed that much more intense in the thick, cooling fog that rolled around us. I was stunned though as she came up against me, showing her affection freely, being bolder than I could ever have been in that moment; I was stiff-necked, but it wasn’t out of rejection from her touch. I just… It didn’t matter how many times I saw her; that body of hers through me for a loop every time I watched her move. Just this…gracefulness that bended her knees, arched her neck, preened her feathers and flagged her tail that always dumbfounded me. I was still catching up with the world and its turning, changing stuff, but whenever it came to Jiji I was always a leg behind. I just couldn’t win.

Anyway, she was talking to me, and I had to answer her and play like I totally wasn’t embarrassed and wrong-footed. Because I wasn’t. So shut up. “I went to the Veins,” I mumbled, scuffing a hoof in the damp grass underneath; I wasn’t about to go into that whole “interesting” fiasco, but I wasn’t about to lie to her to, so. Yeah. “You took off so fast you left me in the dust.” I smirked a little, my eyes coming up to look at her shyly, because before then I had been looking everywhere but her, my eyes darting around the fog and the forest and the salty air, looking for the right words and a tonic for a jumpy, squeaky voice.

“Anyway I….I picked this up along the way,” I backed up a little and kneeled before her, and the ring tinkled a little as it slid from my horn to the ground at her feet. I straightened, my eyes aching to flutter everywhere, my will forcing them to look her in her ruby gaze. “I just…well, I thought of you when I saw it, so…uh,” I scuffed my hoof again; this was too damn hard, B. “I mean, it’s a little too glitzy for me and I figured you might…well, I mean, there’s nothing wrong with glitzy but I couldn’t—I mean, you could probably pull it off better than I could and—well—“

It was too much; I looked away from her again, idly glancing over my shoulder, thoroughly thankful for my inability to visibly blush. “It’d be prettier….on you…”

You can just shut up and shut your face and shove it in the meat-grinder you pathetic little ASS-CRACK VON THUNDERCUNT.

@[Ranjiri]

talk

I could have teased you, you know, for being all scared when I came out of the fog, but I didn't and you owe me for it. It didn't bother me too much that you stood there like a tree while I nuzzled all over you because I never knew you to be one for affection, but I was and had decided that you were just going to have to deal with it. You were a good sport, which was actually really surprising.

I can admit that I was surprised to hear that I had left you behind for a change. I grinned sheepishly when you looked at me and squeezed my wings against my sides. I needed to remember that you didn't have wings, at least I thought you didn't at that point, and that I couldn't just jump off of the nearest cliff and fly away to adventures like I had done a few times. But you were busy doing whatever it was you do when we were apart, so that kept me from feeling too bad about it.

My ears tilted forward when you started to talk about the thing that was hanging around your horn, but you tripped over your words. Rather than interrupt you I just smiled and listened and watched each tilt of your head, scuff of your hoof, and shift of your weight. I could have watched you for days, but that would make me a stalker, wouldn't it? Anyways, I lowered my head when you did and slid the ring off of your horn so I could look at it more closely. "Its really pretty." I said as I looked at it, but at that point I was wondering where I would wear it and how I would put it on. I just knew that I needed to wear it and that I needed to give you something in return, but I didn't have anything fancy like that.

When I looked up you were looking away from me like you were embarrassed. Again, you weren't good with emotions, but whatever. I touched my muzzle against your cheek then stretched out my right wing and reached around for one of my feathers. One of the golden ones. You know. The ones that hurt a lot to pull out. I grasped the feather between my teeth and yanked it loose, flinching and squeezing my eyes shut against the sting of it because I'm a wimp. Without saying a word I tucked the feather into your short mane then took a step back to admire it.

Gold looked good on you then and it still does now.

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
A ring of metal gleams on the floor between two women, but he is far too preoccupied with simply drinking in what he is seeing to focus too heavily on the object that would have otherwise drawn more interest than two women along the borders of his home.

Had the women been anything at all like other females he had come to know well by appearance.

Honestly, he shouldn’t be surprised- he has met Semira, seen the great golden form of Mirage, and witnessed a wall being born out of empty air. He has even met his inner demons, those writhing snakes his father implanted into his genetics, and he knows better than to rush in full of bravado upon these two ornate and exotic women. He is fairly sure by their smells that they do not belong here, though he would prefer to say that they didn’t simply because of their alien appearances – the one literally had antennae, it would seem, her pelt splotched with black like the lacing of a butterfly’s wing, and her horn was seemingly cracked in half and mutilated by an odd branch of lightning.

The other he could make much more sense of, but he still found her to be wrong.

He came upon them as the dark, winged woman pulled away from the other’s neck, a gleaming gold feather seemingly freshly pulled from the appendage of flight (judging by the gap in the longest ones) nestled into the jutting locks of the peculiar butterfly woman. He watched silently, hoping that they wouldn’t notice his eyes burning into them, defining each with words dipped into a black poison that had upheld the life and ritual of his parent’s land. Hybrid of the mutant species, he declared for the gold and black damsel, and of the other… she was merely a mutant of her own. Her beauty was not captured as pristinely as the hybrid, nor that of Semira; while he found her to be nice in the face and with quite the rear end on her, he couldn’t truly be moved by her appearance in any direction other than how strange she was.

Either way, he owed it to those within the forest to intrude upon this rather touching situation, albeit that the intruders were both grotesquely wrong to the boy and that… something else seemed off about what, at first glances, was a meeting of two friends.

Something about the gleam in the butterfly woman’s eyes set him to thinking about his sleep deprived philosopher’s discussion with the Glazier, Kahlua.

Thankfully, Dragomir is too young to piece this puzzle together that quickly.

"Ladies," his deep voice rumbles across the distance between them as his large frame fills in the void his greeting left behind it, "is it customary in Helovia to exchange gifts on a stranger’s doorstep?"

His body and voice convey all the confidence in the world, a complete oneness with the universe and all that lies within it.

Inside, he wants to chase them out like he did the black mare. He wants to feel that rush of adrenaline again, the smell of fear thick as rain in the air. And he has a good reason to hunt these ones, really he does; it's all for his honor in this instance, though beneath the lure of battle lies a repeated message.

"The creators of this land do not take kindly to racism."

Dragomir</style>
falling asleep in chalk outlines -falling asleep inside the chapel</style>
Credits
JETTSTOCK : SED-RAH-STOCK : GALAXIESANDDUST</style>
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

I didn’t see her judgment of the ring, since I was still too tongue-tied and shy-eyed to look her in the face. But I heard her soft approval nonetheless, which gave me just enough confidence to twist my head around and try to man-up and meet her eye again. But she was already heading right for me—before I was aware of what was happening, she was stabbing me behind my ear with a slender thingy that eventually snatched itself somewhere within the tangle of my cropped mane.

“Hey—yikes—” I muttered, jerking away just a little bit from the seconds of discomfort—but the feather held tight. I knew it was a feather after glancing at her wing and seeing the gap in the gold of her primaries—and seeing that gave me even more courage to look her in the eye again, since all the awkward sort of melted off at that point. I dunno, it felt like an unequal trade; I had wrestled a mofo for the ring, true, but she was actually giving me a piece of herself, maybe to remind me to suck a little less every now and again. A breath of a chuckle escaped my lips, and I gave her an appreciative glance, brow kind of cocked in faint amazement. “Well, alright,” I whispered, and that was my thanks. She’d understand.

So it’s all tender n’ junk and the awk-ice had just been broken, right? Which seemed to be the right moment for some great giant jack-ass to emerge from the mists all ominous ‘n shit, his chest puffed up and cocky and all the great things about dudes. Except obviously it wasn’t great, for me. The placid look on my face, that small little smirk that Jiji had plastered there—all of it slid right off, onto the ground, deep, deep down through the crusts of the planet and all the way straight to hell. My eyes were electric as I stepped towards him, my mane almost bristling with it, stepping closer to Jiji as though my short ass was about to play shield-hero. Yeah. I was immediately pissed.

*"Ladies, is it customary in Helovia to exchange gifts on a stranger’s door--"*

Is it customary to stomp around like a nosy bastard? I asked, damn near shouting, angry at this jerk-wad for walking in on my moment with Jiji, for witnessing whatever vulnerabilities I had—in short, for seeing something he shouldn’t have. Which wasn’t his fault, really, but dammit you aren’t gonna come steppin’ up on me and my Ji like you’re some hot bro with an opinion. I’ll break your opinions, man.

But then his words caught up with me, the bit about being on a “stranger’s door…step”? Yeah, I think it was “step”. Anyway, the insinuation was that we were in a place that we shouldn’t been, someone else’s territory I’m guessing. Whatever. This place smelled of horses, sure, but everywhere smelled like horses; I didn’t remember crossing a scent divide around this place, and anyway, it was too damn hard to see in any direction anyway. I didn’t deflate; I kept my eyes on the dude, waiting on his explanation, a piece of me hoping Jiji could use her powers of “social etiquette” to maybe lighten the mood before shit broke loose. ‘Cause oh, hell.

talk

ranjiri</style>
  dreams start their drifting and you hear a lullaby</style>

"Well, alright."

"You're welcome." I giggled little bit and smiled at your off handed way of saying 'thank you'. I think anyone else might have thought you were ungrateful or sarcastic (you are sarcastic), but I knew you. I knew your ways, your habits, the way you spoke. I knew your scent and the way you felt and I knew how much comfort and protection I felt when I was around you even if you weren't much older than I was. But I guess its hard not to feel safe when you're hanging around with a demi-god who can control electricity.

We didn't have much time alone, though, and I did find myself a little annoyed that someone interrupted our second reunion. I turned my head toward the stallion and I have to admit that I was a little annoyed with him. Just the way he carried himself made me feel like he was trying to make us feel like he was better than us. Who is better than a demi-god in this land of mortals?

Absolutely no one.

By the time I had turned my body completely toward him you had already stepped up as some kind of body guard, which I appreciated. Well ... I did until you opened your mouth and insulted him. "Ros!" I whispered from my position behind you then shifted my crimson eyes toward the brute. I remember wondering for a split second if he would attack us and run us off or if he would laugh the insult off. "S-Sorry!" I piped up as I shouldered my way forward to stand next to you, still pressed against your side because you were my strength. "Please excuse her.. We uh.. we didn't know we were trespassing. We didn't go past the wall." I pointed out since the wall was obviously put in place to keep us out.

I refused to explain to him why we were exchanging gifts because it wasn't any of his business.

"My name is Ranjiri and this is Roskuld." I said because I knew you weren't going to introduce yourself to him and for a few minutes I debated with myself about mentioning Momma's name or Daddy's name. In the end I decided on Daddy. "My father is Midas of the Dragon's Throat. I believe they have some kind of peace agreement with the Edge." Now that I think about it it was kind of a threat. Do anything to me and my dad will rain hell on you.

"."

Credits

aud pixel!

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Who are they?

How would I know?

Are they friends?

One is family.

But which one?

It was a conversation of many voices - I often wondered if I was mad, insane, completely lost to reality. But the fact of the matter was, this was my reality. My dragon friends were part of me, without me they could not exist, and I often wondered, should I have to weather another time where magic was taken away from us, if I would survive in their absence.

They flew like strange lights, one green and one reddish-brown, dancing and weaving throughout the trees of my home, their soul-lights permeating through the mists to look like disembodied lanterns, souls wandering the land of the living - which really, was the mostly apt description I could think of. Their lives had been full and long lived, and they had been resting for many years. But the call of my magic had been too great for them to ignore, and happily, they roamed this world once again - only, there was one other, once upon a time, one who I had loved dearly, who was now departed.. I tried not to think of Daryth, for every time I did, I only thought of his strange, dark little light disappearing within the rift that had opened, and connected our world to another's for some time.

I opened my wings and took to the skies, my strange company following me keenly, their lights reflecting against the sheen of my scales. I listened patiently as Sam felt is necessary to demonstrate his acrobatic skills, while Nyth merely scoffed and ignored him. Their antics gave me endless amusement, though sometimes it did make my head feel so full of another's thoughts that I wasn't entirely sure what thoughts were my own any more.

"I suppose a question remains," my words began, soon after I had landed some strides away and caught the tail-end of the words being offered by the golden trimmed hybrid belle. "Do you come in peace yourself?" My tiara tilted slightly as I posed the query, my expression polite, but I supposed guarded at the same time. As my draconic friends gallivanted about my bodice, the edge softened about my eyes - I felt secure in their embrace. Now that I was nearer, I could tell who was from my own home, and who was not - the painted steed was clearly from my own home. Perhaps an overly enthusiastic acolyte protector? I wasn't sure - my time spent within the confines of the Edge was not lengthy, I much preferred the sensation of wind beneath my wings as I explored all that Helovia had to offer - I was, admittedly, unknown to a large part of my own herd.

"I am Amaris, and this is Nyth, and Samineuth." I introduced them as I would any equine introducing their draconic bonded - our relationship was very similar to those sorts of bonds anyway. As I spoke their names, each of them flew above my head, before settling upon my scaled back, Sam in the area upon my withers between my wings, and Nyth upon my caramel hued mane.

"Welcome to the World's Edge."
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
The butterfly girl has a quick temper, he notes with a gentle start, eyes broadening and mouth becoming a grim line of disapproval. His ears flash backwards at her sharp tone and hateful words, a disquiet rising ongoing in his chest as he struggled to bite back the words that wanted to lunge back out at her.

Past the age of children, he may have been, but he surely was not grown.

The swift action of the gold dipped mare saves the man from any further struggle, her immediately apology settling the wounded feelings of the adolescent who was really trying to be on his best behavior with these two incredibly strange girls.

He snorts softly in approval of the much more mannered creature before him. They indeed hadn’t gone past the wall, but judging by the gruff and insensitive manner with which she had introduced herself into the conversation, she wasn’t one to really give a damn about such things.

It was probably a good thing he’d met them here.

Much chattier than himself or her companion, the preciously trimmed damsel carries on with many words. He listens to them as well as he can manage, filing away their names for reference later and gaining interest as she mentions her lineage and home. He does not really know the name of Midas or the location of the Throat – he doesn’t really get around much or talk to that many others, but he recognizes the name of the place from the one winged mare he’d met in the land of fire and red earth.

If they had a peace agreement or not was something Dragomir could not agree or disagree with. Such things were beyond his best interest at this point – he was struggling with finding his place among those of his new home, so much so that he didn’t need the added aggravation of fitting into a grander, political scheme.

All he knew was that they were awfully close to the entrance to the place and that he had been adequately polite so far despite that.

The sound of hooves touching the earth from no where turns his eyes to a peculiar and splendid sight, and he mistakes her for the girl he met during his first afternoon in the Edge at first. But the strange, ethereal dragons that accompany her are not the magic of Semira, and her body is of different tones; the marking on her face also warns him that this is, as far as he can assume, another of Mirage’s unusual hybrid children.

She is as beautiful as the other, he notes quietly from his vantage point, ears raised inquisitively to catch the lilt of her voice as she inquired most delicately and effectively as to their purpose here. He finds himself smiling strangely despite himself, both at the prettiness of this child as well as the memories they bring up of her cheerful and bright sister.

The pair are very different, and yet both hold such a mystical allure for their strange similarities to the closest thing that Dragomir truly had to a God - whether he knew it now or not.

"Dragomir," he says with his whiskey voice, deep and with a stone edge. He does not welcome them here, for it would not be true. But he does allow the girl who had spared the antennae-baring thing a gleaming feather an acknowledgement for her apology. "Some just lack proper communication skills," he says quite honestly and straight faced – for it is true.

He himself is a failure in this department.

Dragomir</style>
falling asleep in chalk outlines -falling asleep inside the chapel</style>
Credits
JETTSTOCK : SED-RAH-STOCK : GALAXIESANDDUST</style>
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

*"Some just lack proper communication skills.”*

“Yeah, right,” I muttered in a not-so-whispery-whisper, leaning on one hind hoof and huffing and shrugging my shoulders as Jiji threw the ref flag and intervened before I fucked something up. I was well on the way to it, too; I didn’t like this shmuck looking at Jiji like he was, like she was a cut of beef seeking appraisal from a judge or something. No, he can keep that to himself, thank you very much. No one can look at Ji, like that, I don’t even care who you are.

Anyway, I didn’t have much of a chance to seethe and be angry, because another filly came in and interceded before shit got real. But this time I became a little bit of a hypocrite, especially where she was concerned, because holy crap! The only dragon I had ever seen in my life was Ma’s companion Tinek, that sleek little lizard thing with wings and super chill breath, and he had been the smallest little son of a bitch, too. This filly, what with those shiny things that had to be scales and those leathery wings that had to be dragon’s wings and that tail that just made the whole thing painfully obvious--well, okay, she made me gawk just a little bit. Just a little. I mouth wasn’t hanging unhinged or anything, but my eyes got pretty big, so. There’s that. Somewhere along the line I remembered a little snippet of manners and averted my awkward stare, but I’m not sure that really made everything a little more polite. I think it just got a little bit more awkward, to be honest.

*"I suppose a question remains: Do you come in peace yourself?"*

That one was easy enough for me to answer without looking directly at i—um, her. “We didn’t come here for you,” I said with another shrug of my shoulders, my words coming out rough and terse and a little bit more unfriendly than perhaps was necessary, but whatever, “We just…sorta found our way here….for each other.” So that I could give Jiji a tail ring and be super embarrassed and fumbling and idiotic about it. But I wasn’t about to describe all that to these strangers. Whatever, my point was that we didn't give a damn about them, so there was no way we were here for some antagonistic reason, and I guess...that meant...we were peaceful?

She then went on to introduce her draconic companions, and I won’t get too into detail about that, because they reminded me of Tinek in a way that reminded me of Ma and it was all very nostalgic and painful and I don’t feel like reflecting on that too much. BUT. She did tell me the name of the herd whose door I seemed to have barged in through: The World’s Edge. At this, my eyes snapped to her, but this time my gaze wasn’t full of obstinate curiosity; it was full of purpose, and yeah, there was a bit of an accusation in there, too.

“This is a herd?” I asked in that same gruff tone I had used earlier, “Where’s your boundary? I ain’t smelled shit since I got here except for maybe a turd pile here or there, but that ain’t no boundary.”

talk

ranjiri</style>
  dreams start their drifting and you hear a lullaby</style>

I uhm .... I didn't really know what to think when the dragon horse showed up with her ... dragons. The only dragon I'd ever seen was Autie's and it was from a distance and looked nothing like the ones that came with the winged mare. I looked from her to the stallion then to you and felt the desire to disappear into the mist and leave this confusing place behind with its huge stallions and dragon mares, but instead I bucked up and answered her question without trying to sound too sarcastic because sarcasm was definitely your department, Ros.

"If we came here without peaceful intentions then we wouldn't still be on this side of the wall." I looked at you for validation but when you opened your mouth I can admit I wanted to tell you to shut up because you were going to end up getting us in even more trouble, but instead I just sighed and shook my head. I did think it was sweet how you said we found our way to one another, though, so I guess that's why I let you off the hook that time. I looked at the dragon mare when she introduced herself and I spoke my name. "Ranjiri." Though she had probably heard it when I had introduced the both of us to the stallion.

Then you spoke again and my head hung because I just knew that you were going to get us into a fight. I didn't even know what to say to buffer what you had said so I just aimed to shove you with one of my wings and shot you a look that said to be nicer. A few friends wouldn't hurt and I didn't want to make enemies of potential friends. Of course I was beginning to doubt that they would actually want to be friends with us. I sighed again and my gaze was directed to the tail ring you'd brought me so I lowered my head and hooked it on my horn so I would have it when they ran us off and wouldn't have to come back looking for it.

Credits

aud pixel!