the Rift

Rabbit Heart

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
Here I am, a rabbit hearted girl
Frozen in the headlights
It seems I've made the final sacrifice

The young Pegasus mare landed in the clearing in a flurry of feathers. Nasreen was rattled. She blinked rapidly, trying to fight back the tears that were pooling at the corners of her eyes. Nasreen didn’t like this feeling. She didn’t like that these tears were beyond her control—waterworks were for getting what she wanted, not for sadness. Not for loss.

Ever since Amaya had died two days ago, Nasreen, for the first time, had been truly on her own. And it terrified her. There hadn’t been much to do after finding the body. She had plucked up the courage to give her caretaker a childish burial, leaving the delicate winged body behind strewn in autumn foliage and small branches. And then she had flown away, abandoning her final connections to Th’orqui—to home.

And now? Nasreen had no idea. She just wanted to go home, but unfortunately, she had no idea where home was. She did know that she couldn’t fly anymore. She was exhausted, and besides the tears made it hard to see. The last thing she needed was to drop out of the sky; it already felt like the earth had dropped out from beneath her hooves.

A twig snapped somewhere in the woods, sending Nasreen’s head up. Her chestnut wings unfurled, ready to send her skyward despite her fatigue. She had no one to protect her anymore.

“Who’s there?” she called, surprised by the tremor in her voice. Nasreen cleared her throat, trying to force herself to relax. Probably no one, ’Reen.
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
OOC - it'll get better <3

My hidden spot would stay hidden. Yes, a twig had snapped, but I looked over to the noise and a deer had found a particularly twig covered spot to lay it's weary bones down and rest. Was she that foolish to fear a twig? She must be older than me, for it seems she is used to her body. She doesn't seem used to this place, so I take it she is a foreigner.

I am well hidden behind this bush and two large, large, large trees. I was lurking in the shadows, like a creeper... I never did this, so what caused my hiding today? The mare spoke. She reminds me of me. I used to be the lost horse, well foal, in this very forest. Then, Africa saved me. I was so greatful for that mare. Had she not come, I may not have made it to the morning. Thinking about that, I knew I had to go greet her. So, I emerge into the light.

I now stand infront of her, maybe a few feet away. "I am Aurelia, of the newly founded group known as The Lost Kin. Are you new here?" My honeyed tones echo slightly. I paused for a moment, waiting for a response before I continue. "I would ask you to join my band, but sadly, it is just me in this group. I have just begun this group, but I think it will do well." Sipping the air into my lungs, I wait for a moment so she she can process what I have said.

Was there any chance she would want to join me?

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I had a dream I stood beneath an orange sky.</style>

The familiar forest had a strange comforting feeling to it. Solace couldn’t deny the joy he had coming to it and greeting newcomers. Even if they chose to walk a different path than his, knowing that they found a safe haven meant something to him. Today, he had taken his time though making his way to the Threshold. The morning consisted of eating, drinking, and patrolling. Life was simple within the Foothills, for now. Outside were threats and he knew it, and that’s why he came, he sought the valuable new blood that would renew life. So many that he brought home with him vanished not too long after coming. It was starting to wear on him a bit, and he knew if this continued the joy he felt about this task may fade. Their leaving without a word was almost a disrespect to his family. They came, saying they desired a life there, and then chose it wasn’t good enough for them and left.

His thoughts drifted to Cantante, the mare he had promised to protect. The mare that had managed to become a friend in such a short period of time… The mare had vanished and Solace was beginning to accept the fact she was most likely not coming back. Searching for her was futile he knew, the mare would’ve come to him if she wanted to see him. Plus he had duties to attend to. Abandoning his family for someone that took something he offered and threw back in his face wasn’t worth it. Even thinking about it made him feel angry, and how he hated that fire in his chest. Why couldn’t he let it go like he did everything else?

Solace shook his head and snorted, and his attention was pulled from himself when he heard voices. As silent as someone his size could move, he headed in the direction of the voices. He saw two fillies, one speaking of her group. The golden one, who wasn’t even fully grown into her body yet spoke about a group she was forming. The Lost Kin, huh, Solace had every intention of bringing this to Apollo when he returned. Anything that could be a potential threat should be brought to attention, even if it was just a filly.

“Welcome to Helovia friend,” Solace said as he walked toward the two fillies, but kept a comfortable distance so neither felt threatened by his presence. “I am Solace of the Windtossed Foothills. Should this Lost Kin not interest you, I can offer you a place within my own herd the Foothills which is led by Apollo the Merciful and Phaedra the Opulent. Our group is a family that would love to have you.”

Image Credits

Pheonix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Gentle currents of the wind caressed the palominos wings as he slowly drifted through the air, going with the flow. Emerald eyes looked on the land below with a nonchalant gaze. The woods weren't where he belonged. The rich expanses of flat land was where he resided, able to see the sun and touch the air with one leap. Flight called to him, and it was a torture not being able to see the sky above.

Elegantly dipping to one side with a tilt of his wing, Phoenix stooped lower to the tree tops and selected a clearing as his entrance. Landing precisely, the palomino stallion felt himself falling after such a landing, cutting himself on the littering branches. It was the first time a little incident like this has happen, and irritation sparked through his body along with embarrassment. At least he wasn't badly hurt, and no one witnessed it, but a faint pain lingered around his ankles.

Hauling himself up, he shook off the feeling of uneasy, shuffling his massive wings to his sides as he continued walking throughout the place, eyeing the massive trees and the blockaded sun. He was a creature meant for freedom. Not far into the forest, he anxiously paused as he heard the voices of others lingering. A female, frail and small whimpered out a meek call. His heart clenched a little seeing someone so hurt. Another appeared, another young mare coming to greet the fallen one.

She spoke of something called the Lost Kin. Phoenix smiled remembering the one missy that founded a small group like that to find her father. Of course, he helped interested. This "Lost Kin", interested him greatly, but his loyalties were already bound to the Dragon's Throat. He only hoped that this group she was founding wasn't dangerous, because it would be a pity to fight against such a kindred soul. Ever more still, a stallion joined the fray, stirring up even more shyness in the lad. He didn't know how to socialize with strangers, but he had to put on a bold face.

With one flip, his long mane brushed away from his vibrant orbs. A cheery voice spoke out. "Hello!" The palomino stallion was shining with energy, even though internally he was trembling. Of course he did feel glad that he was meeting new horses, but at the same time he wondered how they would react. He wasn't over cheery. Just modestly friendly. "Welcome", nodding his head towards the chestnut overo mare. "I'm Phoenix, and I'm from the Dragon's Throat", vocals slowly became steadier with less spark. Nervousness settled itself in his throat, and he forced himself to stay calm.

"The Lost Kin seems really interesting", truthfully speaking, the stallion was straight forwards and actually wanted to know more about the group. Not to immediately report it, but just to know what it was about. It was these groups that sparked curiosity in him, considering he was part of one before. He wished to be something big once more, to help him regain confidence. Like being the "Phoenix" of his last herd in faraway lands. Helping his people had made him feel important, and like a martyr looking after those he cares about.

Even though Solace and Aurelia had mentioned their groups, the stallion wouldn't advertise his home yet. He felt as if he would come on too fast to the beautiful newcomer. She was very pretty, along with the golden mare, Aurelia. With one look, he looked at her vibrant colors, and found her tones very kind. He stood silently after speaking, not saying a word until the others spoke.

//Urgh. >.< It'll get better ^^"

Up For Adoption
Adoptable
This is a gift, it comes with a price
Who is the lamb and who is the lion?

Silence met her query. The mare lowered her wings slightly, about to breathe a shaky sigh of relief, when someone emerged from the trees. Alarmed, her wings snapped open once more, feathers standing on end to make her appear bigger.

The first thing she noticed about the stranger was that she was dazzling. The sunlight streaming into the clearing illuminated the gold dapples scattered over her back, making Nasreen blink in the sudden shimmer. Large white wings emerged from her back, and a long ivory forelock fell across her face. Despite her strange golden eyes, Nasreen took comfort in the fact that the newcomer seemed to be a filly of approximately her own age.

"I am Aurelia, of the newly founded group known as The Lost Kin. Are you new here?" Nasreen managed a nod. "I would ask you to join my band, but sadly, it is just me in this group. I have just begun this group, but I think it will do well."

As the stranger--Aurelia--continued, Nasreen began to relax. An offer to join a band? She did want the company...how did she politely explain to this kind filly that she was just trying to get home? Maybe Aurelia knew where Th'orqui was. She opened her mouth to reply, when another stranger appeared in the clearing.

“Welcome to Helovia, friend. I am Solace of the Windtossed Foothills. Should this Lost Kin not interest you, I can offer you a place within my own herd the Foothills which is led by Apollo the Merciful and Phaedra the Opulent. Our group is a family that would love to have you.” Noticing his lack of wings, her own, which had flown up again, settled at her sides. Now, what was it he'd said about a family? Nasreen's ears pricked.

"Hello!" The cheery male voice rang out through the woods, and Nasreen whirled about to face a male pegasus approaching the small group. Panic sent a surge of adrenaline through her veins and into her tired wings, which second before had felt like great weights attached to her back. A powerful flap and a downstroke sent her skyward, lofting her backwards into the air. On her way up, she clipped one of the equines behind her, throwing her off balance and sending her tumbling the few feet back to earth, shaking.

"Sorry...I'm sorry," she muttered, backing to the treeline at the edge of the clearing, taking care to put Aurelia between herself and the newcomer. Nasreen fought to stay still--the only thing holding her here was the realization that should she flee, she would have to meet any newcomers alone, without the strength to fly away.

"I'm Nasreen," she said shakily, avoiding the winged male's eyes. "I'm...I'm new here. And I appreciate your offers...but could any of you point me in the direction of Th'orqui?" she blurted out.

OOC: poor girl's so confused
-shakes head-

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Kahlua moved noisily through the forest as she so often did, stomping on twigs and leaves, nickering her contentment now and again, and generally drawing attention to herself. It was just what she did. She was childish and loved life- what other reason did she need? Some way into her travel, the girl heard a flurry of kindly sounding voices and so she altered her course, curious as to what the noise could all be about. Soon enough, she found the source, a gathering of several unknown faces and one that was actually familiar to her. She arrived just in time to see the newcomer fail at flying away from the chaos and then ask for directions.

Emerging from the trees, a brilliant smile upon her face, blue eyes sparkling, Kahlua joined them. With so much company about, she just knew she was bound to have a good time. Looking to each one in turn, Kahlua nodded, her eyes ending upon Nasreen. Instantly, her heart went out to the girl. She looked scared, even to Kahlua who was no good at reading faces and subtlety. The fright in combination with her strange attempt to escape the scenery made the painted girl wonder if Nasreen was hurt. Wasn't that how she herself had acted when she was scared? So, instead of offering a home, Kahlua reached out to try and offer a kindly nose to the girl's shoulder, if she would allow it.

“Friend, my name is Kahlua. Are you hurt?” Her eyes danced over the pegasus' pelt, looking for any obvious signs of damage, but upon finding none she returned her gaze to her eyes. “I have a good friend who is rather talented with medicine, if you at least need some help.” She turned just slightly, motioning to a foot long scar that was upon her left hip. The thing was ugly, but it proved her point- she had been hurt, terribly wounded, and Resplendence had saved her life. Perhaps Res could offer her help to this one too.

Finally, finding a moment to think about the statement the young mare had made, asking about the Th'orqui, Kahlua spoke again, her dancing voice filling the air. “I'm sorry I haven't heard of the Th'orqui you spoke of, but perhaps once we get you healed we can find someone who does know. I would be willing to help you,” she offered genuinely. Then, not forgetting the others that stood around her, Kahlua turned away from the newcomer for a short moment to offer them all a kindly, “Hello friends,” before falling silent.
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Up For Adoption
Adoptable
I must become a lion hearted girl, ready for a fight
Before I make the final sacrifice
Who is the lamb and who is the lion?

Another newcomer? Was this clearing some sort of meeting ground? the mare wondered. This kindly stranger offered a gentle nose to Nasreen’s shoulder, introducing herself as Kahlua. “Are you hurt?” she asked. “I have a good friend who is rather talented with medicine, if you at least need some help.” Nasreen took inventory of herself. No, she wasn’t hurt—at least, not in a way she knew how to fix.

“I'm sorry I haven't heard of the Th'orqui you spoke of--” Nasreen’s heart fell, “--but perhaps once we get you healed we can find someone who does know. I would be willing to help you,” Kahlua continued. At the offer of help, Nasreen’s copper ears pricked, tilting toward the generous mare.

“I…” she began, in scarcely more than a whisper. She paused, steadying herself. Get a grip, ‘Reen. , “I would like that very much,” she finished, looking the mare in the eye. Realizing that she hadn’t introduced herself, she smiled shyly. “I’m Nasreen, by the way.”

Willing herself to look around at the others, Nasreen spoke again. “Thank you all for your offers. Maybe we’ll meet again someday.” She offered a small, sad smile to Aurelia. While she had been tempted by her offer to join the Lost Kin, the hope of finding a way home had won out.

Nasreen moved to Kahlua’s shoulder, looking at her expectantly. Where to? she wondered, the thoughts beginning to swarm in her head again. How soon will I be back home? The thought never occurred to her that "home", should she find it, would not be the place she remembered.