the Rift

Determination is the Key (OPEN)

Tatum Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Tatum was exhausted from her days travel. She was nervously walking in the woods. As lost and afraid is she was she wouldn't give up. Because deep inside she knew that she was destined for something great. But even with all her determination she felt like a fish in an unending sea. A small fish all alone in an vast expanse of water quaking with fear and overwhelmed by the loneliness. The mare was craving an companion or a friend to help her on her excursion. Someone to help her and guide her through this storm.
Tatum's mane was a mass of knots, like her life was at that moment. Tangled and confusing. Her sleek coat was caked with a mixture of dirt, mud, and pine needles. The rain made it all into a thick gooey paste that was sure to prove as a struggle when tying to get it out. She jumped startled by how close the thunder sounded. She was truly miserable. She was hungry, tired, and homeless, and now it's raining. How much worse could it possibly get? She trudged on. Stumbling over logs and roots and unconsciously rubbing against trees with her shoulder or flank. All she could think is 'When would this end?'.
Then she came across a steep hill. She could either go back the way she came or muster all her strength and climb it. Tatum wasn't used to the velocity if the trees and underbrush or the steep terrain. For she was used to wide open fields with mas amounts of wild flowers thrown across the land. Where the ground was even and perfect for cantering with friends, well if she had any. Tatum sighed as her lonesome brown eyes searched the scene around her. Then with determination wrapped around her heart she started pushing up the hill. Huffing and puffing all the way. Her mud-caked hooves slipped and slided in the slick pine needles; making Tatum work twice as hard to do this task. Then with a final powerful push from her legs she was all the way up it. Self pride swarmed around her heart making the world just a little more bearable. She suddenly shot her head straight up in the air, hitting an low branch with her head and getting a bucket full of water droplets on her already wet face. Tatum had caught a whiff if something or someone. It was another horse. It had to be. But with all the rain she quickly lost the scent. So Tatum carried on her trip to who knows where alone. Or was she?

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
You wander through the woods, chewing on a plant, crashing into.... pretty much everything you walk by and generally just being a nuisance. If anyone thought they were going to enjoy a nice, quiet day, they're certainly mistaken with you around. What a shame. And... what exactly are you here for anyways? Well... That is one of the big mysteries of life, isn't it. With a sigh, you shake your head. How you always seem to manage back in this got forsaken forest is beyond you. One of these days you're going to have to stop taking so many drugs. Maybe you'll figure out what's going on in your life then. But... well, it's a funny joke anyways. You're not stopping your habit any time soon.

When you finally spot another life form in the forest, you can't help but be a little bit pleased. Although your vision is a little fuzzy, you can see that she looks a lot like you- knotted mane and tail, nasty dirty coat and a little bit confused. You think you might even like her- as long as she doesn't turn out to be a raving wench. Still, no better way to find out than to approach her. You alter your course, crashing into several trees with all the grace of an elephant in a china shop, bruising over old bruises and scraping some of your muddy decorations off. At least the rain might keep your stench down a little... she certainly won't like you when she realizes you smell like the decay of the swamp. Oh well.

Once she's finally made her way to the top of the hill, struggling through all the mud, you get ready to go out and meet her. But something stops you, you hesitate.... you're not sure why. Instead you follow her, crashing along like a moron for a few steps and then realizing you're not really made for the stealth thing. That's the phantom seeker's job. And she's not here. “Hey you!” You call out, voice gravely and low, hoof stomping against the ground as though to accentuate your point. “What are you doing?” You're not really good at the whole introduction thing. Hopefully she doesn't mind.
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Unregistered
Tatum immediately lifted up her head at the sound of the stranger’s voice. The mare instinctively turned towards the stallion and scowled. “What does it look like? I’m walking you dip wad,” she snorted, unintended anger and annoyance flooding her voice. Tatum then took a step back, intimidated by the height of the dark stallion before her. She sighed looking at the awkward horse with an apologetic glint in her eyes. “Sorry, I’m just tired, hungry, and want to get the heck out of here,” she muttered flipping her long forelock out of her eyes.

First impressions aren’t exactly her thing. Her inability to trust or respect any being that she meets right off the bat doesn’t exactly help her in that area. Still keeping her guard up of course she decided to lighten up the current aura between them. “So what brings you out here in such fine weather?” she smirked hoping that the stallion would ignore her foul greeting beforehand. She shook hoping to have temporary relief from the pouring rain that was now soaking through her mud splotched coat and kissing her skin, making her uncontrollably shiver.

Tatum leaned her rump against a tree, Exhausted by her stupid decision to climb up the hill. Even with that said, she was ready to bolt any second although she knew that the odds of her outrunning such a tall horse were not in her favor. The mare let out an exhausted yawn, closing her eyes for a brief moment.

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
The warrior trudged through the muddy landscape to seek refuge in the Threshold forest until the rain passed. His white coat was dotted here and there with mud, and his fetlocks were brown with it. The white stallion didn't care though, continuing his journey deeper into the forest. The clouds darkened the place up, with shadows lurking in the forest, but the lad dismissed them with almost a roll of his eyes. Arrane's red tinged mane was plastered to his face with the water, a great discomfort as he finally managed to move it away from his snout.

But as he neared a hill, he heard voices in the distance. Curiosity drew the stallion near the horses speaking, and putting in little effort, he almost bounded up the hill. Living in the Windtossed Foothills had hardened him, from giving up at the beginning, to know trudging up it. The rain was inconvenience, softening up the ground and causing him to slip. Twisting his ankle slightly, he let out a little curse. "Pardon my French", he muttered to himself, continuing upwards.

There stood a mare, filthy from traveling through the forest and water. Her bay and white figure was covered with pine needles and dirt. Arrane stood there observing the tall stallion standing before him. With a kind smile, the white stallion walked up, still keeping a safe distance from the two. "Hello. Mighty fine weather?" Humor laced his confident voice as his smile slightly turned into a friendly smirk. "I am Arrane from the Windtossed Foothills", a happy smile appeared on his maw sensing the mare was exhausted. He wouldn't offer his home yet. It would be forcing the subject upon her--or even the stallion to quickly.

Dip wad. Instantly you scowl, ears dropping back, muzzle wrinkling in distaste, eyes narrowing. Already? You just met her and she's already going to harass you? You take in a deep breath, ready to bellow at her, call her a moron, rear up and slam your hooves into her side- anything. But then she sighs and you manage to bite your tongue and raise your ears before you scare the girl off. Good thing, too. If you're going to be here in the threshold it's kind of pointless to scare everyone off before you can recruit them. Doesn't really work with your plan either. Instead you grunt as she apologizes, trying your best to remain calm outside even though your inside is still a chaotic mess of desires.

So what brings you out here? Well, isn't that a question for the ages. You sway unsteadily, looking down at her, drool beginning to fall from your lips as you stand there too long without talking. And then you laugh, because something's funny and you're not really sure what it is. “I don't know,” you decide on finally, widening your stance to help keep yourself upright and not laying on the ground like an idiot.

It's about this time that the other stallion shows up and... Well, to say the least, you lose your shit. His voice surprises you, having not heard him approach over the rain, and you whinny loudly as you toss your head, panicking for no other reason that you're high. Unfortunately, stupid you, tossing your head around like an idiot makes you lose your balance. And with nothing there to catch you, you end up in a heap on the ground, looking up with ears drawn back and a scowl on your face. Go ahead, say something. You dare them. Instead, you try to find some composure and speak up again. “I know somewhere we can go. There's food and water and a doctor to fix you if you need it.” You're not exactly sure if she's fit for your group yet, but you can find out on the way. Better to take her now and ask questions later, in case the other stallion has different ideas.

Finished speaking, you gather your limbs beneath you and heave yourself back to an unsteady standing position, glaring at Arrane as though to punish him for making you fall. Because it was totally his fault.
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Unregistered
“What are you, intoxicated or something?” she snorted pinning her ears at Oxy’s disgraceful fall. Even though it was quite obvious that the stallion didn’t want anyone to say anything about his misstep, the mare couldn’t help but say something. Then Tatum listened closely to his next offer. Flaring her nostrils angrily she took another step away from the two horses as Oxy rose to his feet. “I’ve only just met you and your wanting me to come with you! You’ve got to be out of you mind! Heck I don’t even know your name!” she angrily barked. He looked dangerously unsteady and she knew that more than likely he would get hurt or put her in a dangerous situation. Lonely or not she needed to know someone a little better before she just blindly followed them to who knows where.

Then she turned her head to Arrane, but kept a cautious eye on Oxy. “Yes I do agree with you Arrane of the Foothills. We are having wonderful weather,” she muttered sarcastically, swishing her tail from side to side, her English accent becoming noticeably stronger as her anger raised. She normally tried to mask her accent for no reason in particular, but when she gets mad or agitated she can’t always control it.

Tatum knew that she probably just made an enemy of Oxy which is not the way she intended, but it’s the way it happened. Her sudden outbursts were because of the mare’s lack of sleep. She was feeling cranky and Oxy just happened to be there to take the punch.

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
A scowl was drawn upon the tall stallions face as he glared at Arrane from the position he fell into. The white stallion hadn't meant to be soundless as he approached. He sure did try to cause quite the commotion to let them hear him so they wouldn't be startled. The loathing was present in the man's voice as he spoke. Which herd did he come from, there was no scent of a particular one. The white stallion's ears were now pricked forward in curiosity, but his eyes were transfixed upon the stallion, full of growing anger. Arrane's smile was now starting to take a distasteful frown, as he would control the tiny bit of arrogance within him to not start a fight.

"I think I might have startled him. I'm sorry, Sir", he spoke politely but beneath it all, irritation was spreading as he tried shaking off the stallion's glare. The mare's voice was elegantly lilting as she spoke, rage growing within her too towards the stallion. Arrane wanted to comment on how cool he thought her accent was, but stopped those childish thoughts. "I'm sorry, it's just Arrane...The Foothills is where I come from", he wouldn't offer her his home yet. Not now when she was seething angry.

A kind smile appeared again as he stood his place with his tail swishing back and forth ready for a surprise attack. "But, if you are in need of a home, I stand ready to offer one to you. I am not trying to pressure you into anything", his vocals were filled with warmth, hoping she wouldn't snap at him.

What are you, intoxicated or something? If you weren't trying to recruit this infernal woman you would laugh. Not with her, but at her. Because you know you would smash her head in... quickly, of course. Better to end it all as painlessly as possible, you suppose. You try to remain composed. It's getting really hard, though, with the woman yelling at you again. You lay your ears back once more, deciding to just keep them there from now on. This is getting really old really fast. And then the other one apologizes. At least somebody is doing something right here. You manage to offer him a surly grunt and nothing more, as if to prove your point that he did indeed have something to apologize for. Manners boy, you need to learn them.

As for the girl's accent, you hardly notice it. You're here in the stupid rain for her and apparently she can't even appreicate this (although in reality you're only here because of your plants). With a decidedly annoyed stomp of your hoof and a somewhat less menacing sway of unsteadiness, you bark out some angry words. You should probably find the Phantom Seeker and get her to teach you the finer points of recruiting. You're really not doing so hot right now. “Listen, you crazy bitch. You said you were hungry and you wanted food and water. I only offered you some Gods forsaken food and water.” You speak the last two sentences slowly, as if to imply she was too stupid to understand you the first time.

“So maybe I'm intoxicated, and maybe I'm not. But at least I'm not a nutcase.” Well, ok. Maybe you are. You're part of the Asylum after all, known for only taking those horses that are a little unsteady in the head. At least you've finally got your answer. The girl is certainly fit for your little band of cuckoos. “Now I tell you again, because I'm not standing here all damn day, that we've got medics, food and water. They're yours if you want them.” You finish snapping at her and then take a deep breath, trying to calm yourself. You don't say much to the stallion because you know he's supposed to be your ally and you're not really sure you want to get into too much trouble at the moment. And then with a quiet chuckle you think to yourself, If she comes I'll have to take her to the head doctor too. But then, who are you to judge? You obviously need help too.

Unregistered
The mare snorted as Oxy called her a bitch. No wait a crazy bitch. ‘You have no freakin idea you idiotic ass,’ she thought bitterly, biting her tongue to keep her thoughts from morphing into words that she would probably regret in the long run. Tatum knew he had a point, she was being really bitchy and she did say she needed food and water, but the stubborn mare wouldn’t admit this. She left her ears flat against her head making sure that he got the picture that she wasn’t happy. She officially hated Oxy in a ‘we will never get along unless I rip your tongue out’ way.

Then the stallion insulted her yet again. “Oh yea well guess what sweetheart, I’m not the only nutcase here,” she spat, the rain just adding to the things she hated at the moment. Crazy bitch, nutcase what else is this guy going to call you? The mare was enraged by Oxy’s presence yet when he asked her a second time if she wanted food, water, and a doctor she hesitated. ‘Hmm… should I go with this stranger that I already hate, should I interigate this other guy until I hate him just as much, or should I just ignore both of them and carry on my way? Oh decisions decisions,’ she thought boredly to herself. “Fine you poor uncoordinated excuse of an equine. We are not going to be standing here all damn day because I, by some random terribly decided decision, am going with you. Now as long as you shut your god forsaken trap I think we will get along just fine,” she sighed, just audible against the constantly pouring rain.