the Rift

[OPEN] One More Day [Herd Meeting]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

For One More Day, I'm Not Afraid to Fall

"Leave. You are not welcome here."

That had been the only words of parting that Apollo had spoken to Confutatis as he stood upon the muddy battlefield, his sides heaving and breathing strained. His body ached in agony from the wounds he received, muck and grime coating every inch of him, but... He had won. For another day, at least, the Foothills would be safe from blackening madness of those like Confutatis'.

As he had left the sight of carnage and bloodshed, the tears that fell from the sky began to slow until the storm passed completely, as though the grieving souls of the dead had finally found peace. Perhaps they had... Whether they had been crying for he or his challenger, Apollo would never know. His destination was quite simple; the waterfall that had served as the prime meeting place of the Foothills. It was there that he would summon those of his family, to ensure them that all was well, at least for now... And answer any questions or concerns that they may have. This fight had only been a taste of what could happen, and Apollo knew that next time, they may not get so lucky.

Slowly and with pain radiating from his wounds, the Chief stepped into the river that flowed through the Foothills plains, lowering his head with a cringe of pain to wash away the blood that coated his face and horn. As the water coated his jeweled crown, cleansing the crystalline blue from the debauched blood, Apollo released a tired, haggard sigh. He was exhausted, sore, and desperately wished Lakota was there to tend to his wounds... Perhaps, if he called for her, she would come.

It was only after Apollo had washed away as much blood, grime, and mud from his body as he could that he pulled himself from the flowing river, soulful brown eyes searching those around him. Every step brought him pain, but it could have been so much worse. Coming to a stop atop the hill, the Merciful sucked in a deep breath and called out to his brothers and sisters.

"Brothers," Apollo began, his voice sounding tired even to himself, "Sisters... Hear my words, and please grace me with your presence once more. There are things that need to be discussed." For him, his herd was not just a herd. They were family. This blood that coated his body was shed for them, the pain that he found himself in was for them, and the blood that he had drawn, no matter how hard it had tugged at his morals, had also been for them... And he would do it again in a heart beat, if they asked.

Only when they had begun to arrive did he continue, his head held high despite his fatigue. The gash upon his neck and shoulders ached at the action, the horrid burn of acid from Confutatis' saliva painful, but he did his best to appear strong. "Many of you I do not know, and you may not even know me... And I'm sorry for being so estranged. I am Apollo; your Chief. I serve beside Phaedra the Opulent, your Chieftess, to guide, love, and protect you all. I am aware that there may be some concerns, questions, or things that some of you would like to say... Please, do not hold your tongues. Speak. I implore you."

[ooc: Set after the battle. This meeting is NOT mandatory, but Apollo would enjoy meeting the new lovely faces of the Foothills. :D]

For One More Day, We Try to Save it All

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Ktulu
& Eytan

When the sky turns gray
And everything is screaming
I will reach inside
Just to find my heart is beating

Ktulu was no longer a part of the Foothills, but that did not stop her from feeling that she should be the one standing where Apollo was. She should have been the one injured, bleeding, aching, waiting for a healer to arrive to tend to her wounds, not Apollo. When she had asked him to step up as Chief and rule with her the thought that he would be challenged had never crossed her mind. Perhaps if she had stayed instead of running away she could have spared him the pain he was feeling now and been the one challenged by the crazed mare.

Still, Ktulu felt an immense amount of pride. So much so that her chest ached. She stood her ground, watching Apollo as he called his herd together, a herd that he well deserved to call his own, and addressed them. She did not belong among them which was why she did not push her way among them to stand with Apollo. Instead the dark mare waited until she caught the painted stallion's eye and she smiled at him before lowing her head in a gesture that resembled a bow.

Her dark head raised several moments later and she looked down at the bear that had joined her. "Stay with Apollo for a while." She instructed the bear before turning away from the gathering herd and trotting away while the young grizzly ambled over to the Chief and sat near him.

"."

[Image: 33p4xlu.png]

Icon by Tay

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

In the short time that he had lived here things were quite chaotic at times making him debate his certainty here in the future. He wished to find what was missing in his soul but at the same time he wanted to have somewhere to call home and others to converse with. In the beginning things had seemed great with many new members coming to join in their ranks and what seemed like peace, that was until the righteous bitch Confutasis showed up. From the very beginning he could not bring himself to trust the mare as something just seemed out of place to him, but being who he was he kept his thoughts to himself and tried to give her the benefit of the doubt. Well that sure as hell turned out great, didn't it. From now on he would listen to what his gut was telling him and not second guess himself, maybe if he had spoken sooner things would not have had to end in bloodshed as they did.

Hearing the masculine voice across the wind calling them all together his heart froze knowing that this was the deciding outcome of the battle. Either Apollo had won or the bitch had succeeded in her massacre. As he headed deeper into the Foothills to the gathering place he reasoned with himself that if Confutasis had won then there was no way that Apollo would still be living to tell the tale. This brought a smile to his maw and a spark into his step, he was pleased to think that Confutasis had gotten what she deserved a swift kick in the rump and a serious ego check. Maybe things were looking up after all. Noticing the bear nearby he tilted his head as recognition dawned upon him, it was Ktulu's companion but what was he doing here? A simple nod served to greet the bear before he continued towards their chief.

As the stallion approached Apollo he slowed his pace to a walk stopping a couple meters away before dipping his head in a acknowledged bow. His silver eyes swept briefly over Apollo's battered frame but he was glad to see he was mostly in one piece save a few chunks here and there from where the mare had marked her fury. This was the first time that he had met Apollo up close but after such a display upon the battlefield he had more than earned his respect as their Chief. Anyone who was willing to place their own life on the line for their family more than deserved to hold top ranking. "I wish to congratulate you on your victory, it was well earned." He stated simply as he awaited more of their herd to surface from the depths to join in the meeting.

ooc: Ciceron would be willing to become a warrior should he be deemed fit for it.

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable

Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall

The call came after the commotion, after the already gathered herd began to disperse. The fresh scent of blood had first caught the sooty chestnut's attention, then the sound of voices and screaming. Locket had ignored the sounds, but when the Apollo's voice rose from the momentary silence, he couldn't help but follow to. His cloven hooves carry him forth, finding himself at the water fall, one of the main attractions of the Hills. Already horses were gathering, their scents clashing in an all out war. However, only one familiar scent found passage into the chestnut's mind. Ktulu?

Much to his dismay, Locket found Ktulu was nowhere, yet her bonded, Eytan was nestled beside Apollo. Locket approaches, realizing how he longed to see the dark mare standing, addressing the Foothills. Those were the days. He sighs, taking his position behind a dappled stud. It was only now he saw the fresh wounds pressed to the Merciful's body, newly washed. Locket narrows his bleached brows, concerned by what had happened to the painted leader. Had someone attempted to challenge him? The severity of his wounds were signs the opponent had been strong, yet not strong enough if Apollo stood before them now. A smile crosses the chestnut's dark lips, showing his pleasure that his leader had prevailed.

Locket approaches Apollo, bowing in his presence. "I am Locket, a former Executioner of this land, when it was ruled by the Grey. Now that the Grey has disbanded, I will gladly serve under your rule." Locket raises his crown, curved swords swiping at the air before he returns to his former position beside the dappled unicorn. He hopes to see Solace, or any former Grey members he may recognize from before. He waited patiently, ears alert and eyes darting around energetically, his hopes a little too high.

"talk talk talk"

xjrlokix.flickr

Locket talk :: L = R

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark

She lingers on the edge of the crowd, like a frayed edge beginning to unravel. She desperately hoped such was not the case, but she could not deny the paranoia clawing up her throat as her eyes spun over each gleaming blade. She felt like Julius Ceaser trapped among...what were these horses? Not her own, not when she had only come her to bear her own weapon upon them, into them.

A sneer curled against her face, the dark lips on her muzzle pressing tight against her teeth before falling flat again. She bit down her revulsion, as she always did - there was bad grass now, but shit on it enough and it would become a meadow worth grazing in.

The tawny frame pressed forward from the back of the crowd, striding with more confidence in each step she took. As always a pebble knocked around between her toes, expertly caged between the rise and fall of her back hoof and her fore. She nursed it like a child might it's thumb, or perhaps more appropriately for her situation, a man does his whiskey. It soothed her, this bullet in hand, as only tools of destruction can placate the mad.
She settled into a firm position, well away from any sides of the unicorns, lest they accidentally brush against her, an unbearable thought. Pride brought and arch to her neck and lifted her head, sights dancing like lit flint from face to face until at last it landed upon the king. A pathetic sight to behold, truly, for even with his naturally given crown she could see he was not born with a head to fit it. She wondered, faintly, if it felt heavy on his 'brow, if it wore him down. You would think being born with the weight you'd be accustomed to it, but his tiredness, and his eagerness to display it before his subjects, told her otherwise.

"Weak," Colt spoke up at last, her word like the deafening ring of a shot fired even when the finger but barely pressed the trigger. It would seem that way anyway, following the sugar-coated sprinkles of praise everyone else had flung about. She was taking a risk in doing this, but she believed in her words, truthful for once, and that was all the bravery she needed. "Your guard is weak, if such a demon managed to crawl in. You won, this time, because she lacked training, but you cannot rely on luck." Colt drew the last word out long and slow, her gaze narrowing as she glanced upon Apollo pointedly. "I have met you and Phaedra, and neither of you bear the look of a warrior. If you as king and queen do not boast the experience wrought in blood, then you need a stronger guard to bear that burden."

She let her voice fall into silence for a time, her gaze glancing about her fellows. She did not expect praise, especially not from a group so quick to drizzle honey, but she hoped they'd have the sense to see beyond her callous tongue. Perhaps she could have phrased herself more eloquently, but the matter was exposed and bared before them - they lacked the defenses to maintain themselves long term. Colt had yet to meet a single soldier since her arrival, though the bear certainly seemed terrifying, despite its miniature size, the the most recent stallion to speak bore a promising title among executioner, neither seemed steadfast in their placement with the herd. Colt was surely still green as far as taking the role herself, but she figured she knew more than most already.

Colt would have to remember to find Confutatis before the day wore itself out.

SOME REMEDIES ARE WORSE THAN THE DISEASE
[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
'Cause even the stars they burn
Some even fall to the earth</style>

Phaedra stood lightly at Apollo's side. She had been shocked by the amount of concern and worry that bubbled in her breast, as he fought valiantly for their home. But, if she were to be honest, it was not just out of concern. No...there was a fair amount of guilt that lent itself to the fear she felt, as Apollo was forced to defend them all. Though a large part of her wondered why the dark mare hadn't challenged her. Surely, based on purely sexist thinking, Apollo was stronger than she? And equipped with a horn as a weapon? Could it be that her wings, and Stella's claws really posed such a threat, that they would try and eliminate Apollo before her? Or perhaps, the black bitch was merely showing mercy....as if, upon defeat, she would somehow go quietly with their plans?

Starlight glistened upon her sooty coat, as the Opulent listened to the praises cast Apollo's way. He was deserving of them all, and a well of pride grew within the former-spy's heart. Apollo. A true warrior now, and a king of these lands and yet...she could not erase from her memory the trembling stallion who had almost perished at her side, so many seasons ago. She would forever treasure that memory, come what may.

As Colt spoke, Phaedra's sea-green gaze turned her way, narrowing slightly with guilt. Phae's pink lips pinched inwards as she bite her tongue until the equine had finished speaking. "It was not weakness that allowed Confutatis to come into our lands. She appeared at our borders seeking sanctuary. There was a time, before yours, sugar, where we were called something else. Locket and Apollo served alongside myself in the Grey, a mercenary band. But under Apollo's guiding hoof, that band was broken apart, and we simply became the Foothills. Under his rule, we do not discriminate. Confutatis came seeking succor and aid, and I gave it to her. We are not the Grey anymore - what would you have had me do?"

As she concluded, her gaze swept to Apollo, apologetically. It was because of her, that he had been placed in the situation that he had, and yet...her words were meant for him, as much as to answer Colt's poignant criticisms. What should she have done? If they simply allowed everyone into their fold, they certainly took the risk of jeopardizing their home...but what balance could they strike between that, and the militant discrimination of the Grey?

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Solace came at the call of their leader. Others came one by one and he glanced about at the many familiar faces. Then he turned his gazed toward Apollo and dipped his head in respect. That display had proven the painted stallion deserved his position, and that the Foothills wouldn’t bend knee without a fight. Another voice spoke, one unfamiliar to his ears. Solace’s head snapped in the direction of the voice. A filly was parading on about the weakness of their guard. Yes, she made definite points, but that wouldn’t be a proper excuse for such harsh criticism after such a dark time. For once, Solace didn’t intend to hold his tongue and permit others to face the conflict head on, but before he could speak, Phaedra talked first.

“Should you see what you define as weakness, then you should make a step to change it.” Solace said stepping forward, after lady Phaedra spoke. “And tell me, is it the appearance that makes a warrior or the heart?”He challenged the bold filly. It was so outside of him to not only remain for conflict, but seek it out. This was far different though, he wouldn’t stand by and have someone challenging the warriors of the Foothills if they themselves weren’t one. “I believe what Apollo displayed out there was the heart of a warrior.” A sigh passed over is lips and he shook his head. “I believe you have valid points, but your phrasing and timing could be significantly better.”

His eyes drifted toward Apollo. “I also wish to congratulate you brother on your victory.”

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

watch your tongue or have it cut from your head

The warlord watched from the hill, rain splattering his coat and soaking him to the bone. He knew well that Apollo was not a warrior, but the stallion would defend his honor valiantly. Apollo fought for these lands alongside the Grey and he had proved his worth, causing Archibald's confidence in the stallion. He knew Apollo would not fall so easily to a demented mare. Her words were bile in the air, and though Archibald could not depict her exact articulations, he knew it could not be good. The Dauntless' golden eyes narrowed as he watched, Loretta and Ktulu at his side.

Finally, Apollo overcame. He was victorious.

Archibald watched the painted stallion move towards the meeting tree, the tree which Paladin stood beside, bruised and bloody and burned after winning the title from Gossamer. Archibald swallowed and turned to follow behind Apollo, moving past the members of the Foothills with his head held high. Those that knew him might hate him for leaving these lands, but Archibald cared not. He had come to call Apollo his ally, and the Dauntless knew his bulk would be welcomed with warmth for as long as the blue-horn stayed in leadership. From the corner of his molten sun eyes he watched Ktulu slink away and Eytan amble towards Apollo. Archibald stopped, too far from Apollo to offer his strength, and back so that the overo's followers could file in front of him. Archibald squared his weight and listened to the dual toned stallion speak. The stallion was going to reform his herd. A twinge of interest lit the brute's eyes.

He waited as the others came in. Many congratulated the victorious Chief, but some condemned him. One in particular, an oddly colored filly, held the warlord's attention. She spat in the eyes of Apollo, throwing his peaceful heart to the muck and tearing into it like a wild beast. Archibald felt Loretta prickle at his side. Familiar. Archibald nodded in regards to his bonded's comment, but in the mind of Archibald the familiarity could not be pinpointed. He felt an angry bile form in the back of his throat, and he took a step forward, head lowering an inch, ready to snap the mare in half should she choose to take action. "Apollo fought for these lands, youngling, and he has now fought to defend his title. His qualifications are well-written, and if you define weakness by them, I call you a fool." Archibald's ears flicked back as he watched the tawny mare. Archibald would defend Apollo's honor for the length of Helovia, and a part of him thought that Apollo would do the same.

Archibald waited for no reply from others in the herd, though he was aware of their presence. Locket was among them, a fine warrior that he had trained in the past, as well as a few others Archibald knew not. Archibald's slick tail slapped against his thick back legs, waiting for a retort from the shorter filly.

Image Credits | Table by Stephy

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark

Despite her words and the edge they held, Colt was perfectly calm. Her body was still, and somewhat stiff as she normally held in, muscles forever clenching and unclenching as if she expected a swift kick to blindside her at any moment, but even so a hip was cocked, a toe turned out.
She was not here to fight, only to tell them they must.

Phaedra spoke up, kinder than those who would come after, not that Colt minded the return of a barbed tongue - better than the feeling of teeth across your hide. Mind games she could handle, although in truth she was probably not as well practiced as she fancied herself, having grown under the shadow of one less inclined to exercise his mind than his dick or his might. Still, it bred in her something capable.

The pegasus gave her some interesting back information on the herd which Colt stored away for further use at a better time. She'd have to learn more too. Did Ricochet know of this? All she remembered him telling of was the Foothills, never the Grey.

"If one asks for aid you must first ask them why." Colt began, her voice strong, but flat, serious, as always. Suspicion was only common sense to her, and their lack of it dumbfounded her. "Aid is necessary in times of lacking or times of trouble, and as such the first thing that ought to come to mind is why they had no aid before yours, or why they lost it. One is not simply thrust into this world without aid - we all begin with a mother at the very least, and if not her someone else, lest we perish on our first night."
Were they really so eager to let anyone into their home? Surely, here I stand after all.

"I don't know what your grey was like before, but the Foothills now need not take every beggar at the door or else we'll invite more wolves to sleep beside us." Colt concluded for a moment, remembering how easily Ciceron let her follow him home, after she'd been less than friendly in the forest no less. She walked a thin line here, that much she knew, but she'd been walking on once as far back as she could remember.

Solace spoke up then, rounding upon her with a defensive quality - Colt didn't know he was one of the warriors she had shamed. Still, seeing a fellow equine so quick to turn on her wounded her, and with that pain annoyance settled like a fever. Idiot she thought with a mild backwards slope to her ears. "That is why I've spoken up rather than offering praise," she responded, tersely as she tried to reign in the irked flies buzzing in her mind. "To change. I would also be happy to serve as a soldier here." It would give her a good opportunity to learn the lay of the land with patrols and better view the strengths and weaknesses of what army they did boast.

Solace continued however, speaking of a warrior's heart, which very nearly made her roll her eyes. A childish way of saying he tries really hard... she thought with mirth. As it was Colt had to turn her head away, shaking her mane as an excuse for the movement and shifting her weight for good measure. "It does matter that he looks the part of a warrior, because he does not, nor does he move as one. Whether or not the king has heart is not in question, but rather, is that enough to keep this herd together, and to keep him alive?" She paused for a moment, staring steadily at solace, the lead of her eyes heavy and dull with the gravity of what she uttered. Eloquence aside, she maintained her honesty in this conversation.

"I think not," she finished, her gaze ripping away from the green stallion to return to Phaedra and Apollo. Archibald interjected his own opinion, colored once more with defensive pride for his king, Colt unknowing he stood as an outcast when so many faces and smells of her herd-mates were yet unfamiliar to her, but it didn't matter. Archibald was just another blind equine turning on her like a dog growling for his master, fancy that he has one...fucking dogs she thought with a sneer, scars left by Guns unseen on the dark of her legs. A pity too, Archibald seemed more than capable of dealing battle, she would have expected him to be smarter about knowing who else was as fit for the job, which Apollo, she knew, was not.

He moved towards her, the dog at his heels locked on her. She shifted her weight away, her left toe pressing possessively against the rock that still rested there.
She hated dogs.

"I mean no disrespect, Apollo. It is obvious that your people love you and that you are willing to bleed for this land, and that such has accomplished your goals, for now. Yet battles are a deadly dance where one that does not know the steps ought not place so much worth in his hooves. It's only a matter of time before one slips."
Hopefully that was a bit softer for them to bear. If not then truly it would be proven that unicorn horns were a leading cause of brain damage, how could they not be? It really did mystify her...

SOME REMEDIES ARE WORSE THAN THE DISEASE
[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

From the others, she'd stood apart. Ktulu's form, Phaedra's glittering shawl...she could not bare to be near the both of them simultaneously. Her heart ached with worry for Apollo. Many a time she wished to let the power of her poisonous clouds envelop the bitch that dared to try and hurt the one she kept so dear to her heart. She could not, though. As much as she would have loved to see the cunt choke on her own blood and lie foaming at the mouth with sunken eyes, Lakota had to pass the challenge on for Apollo to face. And the Merciful...he had reigned victorious. As much as she hated to admit it, she had doubted him for a few moments, for Apollo was a healer. He was no warrior. Lakota was, perhaps, but not Apollo. In fact she still could easily, vividly, recall the day she had charged the beach to save Phaedra and Apollo in their youth. Now, they had both grown, both passing her to assume leadership positions that she had never been considered for. But the time for bitterness was over. She had accepted that she would not be, and honestly, was she even worthy of such a position? She did not inspire love and loyalty like Apollo. She did not soothe and entice like Phaedra. She was brutality and honesty, hard work and blood, tears and sacrifice. Though as she trailed behind her triumphant leader, a young voice rang out, bitten into by the wolves of her brethren, and Lakota knew she must speak.

"Speak, child. But know this- you have no idea the power the Grey once held. I am the oldest member left among their ranks. I am their Poisoner, Lakota, and I could kill you where you stand with a whim." It is a clear threat, a reminder of Colt's place, but there is a shine of interest in her eyes. This fiery dame was fiercely intriguing, and Lakota liked her guts. At least she had a voice. Her eyes turned to Phaedra then, and she honestly could have cared less that the lass was her leader, because Lakota had been her elder sister in heart for far longer than her time as a ruler. "She speaks truth, Phaedra. Grey we may be no longer, but kindness will not keep a herd running. This land has been cursed with failure for too long. Apollo has shown his heart can truly win over his nature as a healer. But will we always be so lucky?" Stepping closer to the male she had referenced her eyes softened where nobody could see.

"You fought bravely, Polly. You have grown so much from the stallion I saved on the beach that day. Lie still, dear. Let me heal you." If the affection term bothered him, she would not notice, for her eyes slipped shut and she brushed her muzzle in a kiss against the uninjured part of his neck, feeling the familiar jolt of earthen power through her limbs as it traveled from her to her patient. Skin was sewn together, blood renewed, bruises softened, and when she could do nothing else she withdrew in silence.

Turning she faced her kin, some of which did not belong, for they had renounced their titles long ago. She did not judge them for it. Loyalty did strange things to people. "Our guard is weak because of our lack of members, child. And you wish us to close our borders on potential members? There is more you must learn before you speak, though there is at least some value in your brain." She snorts, uncaring if she hurts the dame's feelings, and strides into the center of the attention proudly, head high and eyes sharp as amethyst daggers. This was her time to rule, to speak, to show them all her might. "A soldier? Tell me, nameless one, would you fight me here now? Would you kill without mercy, bleed and burn and harm yourself, and still move on with half-broken body to fight for this land you tarnish with your words?" Like a black jaguar she advances, slow and lean and muscled, scarred and thick with the life of her killer ways. Locked onto Colt, her eyes are searing, ready to dig into the young maiden's soul and burn her should she say the wrong things.

"That is what Apollo has just done. He has always been a healer. But we were abandoned by our leaders. The courage he used to step to the throne is more than you can hold in one hoof, so at least show respect for that. He is what kept us together, warrior or no!" Now she is a serpent, biting and poisonous, and her mists begin to rise- long seasons since they last had been used- sinuously around her legs. It is a fog that reeks of death and sweet, tempting perfumes. She could drug her, kill her, drag her into a coma with a minor change of intention in her magic. Her mists are like living things, eager to expand, but she holds them fast. It is a display of power, not a threat. Soon they settle again.

"Know this, child. Had Apollo ever fallen, Phaedra would not have hesitated to take his place to fight. And had she failed as well, I would have risen to do the same. There will always be a warrior to fall back on. Our leads are not meant for war, maybe you are right. But Apollo has shown himself able to be one, and we were all beginners once. Do not spit on his kind heart, child, when he has put it aside to keep this home for you. I value your spirit, your fire. Tame it beneath me, if you wish, but do not speak as such to our leader. You are strong of will, but you are little more than an errant flame ready to burn what it touches carelessly." Her eyes pin onto Colt, and a smirk of interest curls her lips. "If you wish to be a soldier, then show you are brave enough to suffer defeat for the blood and safety of your people. You are worthless to me otherwise." This time she is dismissive, flicking her aurals uncaringly, and Aodaun is at her heels, regal as ever, massive in his growth. Turning now she directs her next words to all of them, and there is a passion in her eyes that hadn't been there for so many months.

"We are victorious!" she cries, stepping slowly before the circle of people, plume flickering in a dangerously sexy way, for once putting her body on display in a fashion more befitting Phaedra, but not intended for the same effect. It is to show that she is here, she does not forgive, she does not forget, and she will fight with these warriors until the day she bled her blackened heart into the earth. "But we are under threat! There is weakness in our hearts, and I know you feel it. We have been left, abandoned, and it is hard for us to continue on after such a departure, regardless of our feelings of each individual who has left our family!" Here she sends a kindly look, though aristocratic in nature, to the Dauntless and his bitch. Lakota had sent him out of the borders with her blessing and promise of aid should he ever call her. Already she had answered his pleas once, and would do so again should he ever need her. He was family regardless of allegiance.

"We must grow stronger. We must do so carefully, however. We have treaded upon ground we should not have, allied with the wrong side. Does that mean we are doomed to be hated forever? Are we not able to redeem ourselves?" Sharply she spins to pace the other way, and soon she turns and faces Apollo head on. Suddenly her words are soft, intense, and her eyes plead with Apollo to understand her, to know that she is on his side, that her acknowledgement of Colt's worries did not have her thinking any less of him.

"I ask, friend, only one favor. That we convene with our enemies. Ones that have lurked, watching. The Asylum. Are they enemies any longer? Could we offer them safety here, in return for their skills of passion and battle, and a truce to live as one? The Grey was a group within a herd. Why can they not be that group now? We need them. I do not ask we decide now, but please friend, let us send a diplomat. Let us meet with their leaders." Steeling herself is needless but she does so anyway, crown raised high and regal, and she is every bit the royal blood she was born, a princess who had cast away her crown after murdering the king who had held her throne. Her own father. "I volunteer myself to do this, if nobody else agrees with me. I will not stand another threat, the possibility of an invasion. Perhaps it is not safe to trust them, but it is not safe to leave them be to plot, either." With that she falls silent, and turns to stride to an empty corner to stand tall and proud, uncaring of the reactions she might garner. It is long past the time when she might have worried how they thought of her. Now, she was determined only to think of the well-being of her herd, and the few in it whom she loved.

WE ONLY EXIST IN TERMS OF THIS CONFLICT
In the zone where black and white clash

Resurgere | Wroth

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
During a leisure walk before he went to scout the Threshold, the voice of Apollo stung the young stallion's ears, as he lifted up his head high to hear his leader's call. A summoning for a herd meeting, Arrane calmly trotted to where the overo stallion stood, surrounded by his herd mates. Standing in his own space and listening to the conversation around him, the lad was deeply immersed with everything that was being spoken of. Colt had some points, and the gentle lad observed that she meant no harm to the words she spoke. But a slight anger flared within him, yes it would be like letting wolves into the herd...but there was a risk to be taken to invite new comers to help the Foothills prosper.

Arrane had much success in the forest, recruiting so many new members. Though they were wary of his presence first, he finally convinced them of the joys of the home he loved. He would fight until the very end to defend each and every horse, pegasus and unicorn that stood before him. It they thought there weren't any warriors, how wrong they were. Low on numbers, Arrane offered his soul to the herd, to fight and kill if he must, to strengthen and protect the Foothills.

Hearing a pause between the ongoing conversation, the lad took this chance to speak his thoughts. "I congratulate your victory against Confutatis." A respectful nod followed his words as he slightly swayed, replying to what Lakota the healer said.

"If Phaedra, Lakota or Apollo were to fall...", hesitating slightly to find the correct words, Arrane continued back to his speech. "I may be a pawn, a mere warrior, but I would give my life for these lands. I would die to protect every last one of you, it is my duty being a warrior though I am still new", he spoke. Immersing himself more into herd affairs, Arrane wished to be of some help. "I have been traveling to the Threshold frequently, recruiting those that are in need, or I feel that might be of help to the Foothills. No way, under any circumstance would I allow a potentially dangerous horse enter these lands", truthful words were uttered as the stallion gazed at everyone with fierce loyalty.

"I have brought back two--one that is a filly that could be useful...and one mare that seems very devoted and strong", remembering Asher and Micha, he knew the little girl was quite feisty in wanting to know what her purpose in the herd was. Asher had incredible stamina, and a terribly strong will. She never gave up. Pride shone from his eyes as he gazed at his herd. "I believe we should continue recruiting, but first we should assess the horses we try to bring back. Perhaps question them on their intentions or skills", a quick suggestion spoken, he stood quiet for a moment. "I am a pawn, and I will do anything in Apollo, or Phaedra's favor to help the Windtossed Foothills prosper", stepping back, silence filled the space after he spoke.

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

For One More Day, I'm Not Afraid to Fall

One by one they came, following the sound of his cry.

The first creature that seemed to arrive from his beckon had been Eytan, much to Apollo's immense surprise. The familiar form of the bumbling brown grizzly was a welcome sight, a reprieve almost, knowing that Ktulu had witnessed his victory and that she was nearby. She would always be nearby, Apollo had realized some time ago, making sure that he was well... And honestly, the battered Chief wished she would not hide from the shadows, but come forth and stand at his side once more. Perhaps not as Chieftess of the Foothills, but even just a member of his homeland. He missed her immensely, but that was a thought for another time. Instead, the stallion lowered his weary head and nosed Eytan as the bear plopped down at his side, smelling both the familiar smells of the grizzly himself and Ktulu upon his coat.

"Hello, Eytan."

The Merciful's head lifted as the rest arrived. Ciceron offered him words of congratulations upon his victory over Confutatis, and Apollo's lips twisted upwards only slightly in a smile. "Thank you, brother."

Then Locket, the stallion who had served alongside Apollo in the Grey as an Executioner. During their time in the Grey, Apollo had never spoken to Locket, at least not directly, but he had known of the fierce Executioner's loyalty to Ktulu and Ophelia. How long ago that life seems... Nodding his head towards the Warrior, Apollo greeted him formally. "Aye, Locket, well met to you again. Even though the Grey is no more, I'm glad that you've remained here, brother, for we need strong warriors to keep our home safe."

And then, well... Apollo could not anticipate for what came next. A young, dark thing named Colt seemed to stir up quite a frenzy, and Apollo was honored by the individuals who immediately spoke to stick up for him and the Foothills as a whole. Soulful honey-brown eyes lingered upon Phaedra at her words, and he outstretched his muzzle towards her in a motion of peace. There was no missing the look of guilt that pinched the Opulent's pretty face, and Apollo found he didn't like seeing such a look there. He held no ill-will towards Phaedra for allowing Confutatis to come into their home... If anything, he had brought it upon himself for being the gentle soul that he was.

Phaedra, Solace, and even Archibald the Dauntless spoke of his praise, and the entirety of it would have made Apollo squirm in embarassment if he had been well enough to do so. Yet his wounds plagued him and pained him, and so the Merciful simply stood with his head held at half-mast, watching the bickering between his herdmates with growing sorrow. Why must they fight? Hadn't there been enough of it as it was? At Archibald's words, for Heavens, they meant so much, Apollo gave the massive black goliath a honorable nod of his head. Thank you, brother...

Archibald had gone from the Foothills, but Apollo also wished he would stay. "Archibald... Thank you for your support in us. If... If you ever wish for a place of respite, please know that you're welcome here. You'll always be welcome here."

Looking to Colt, Apollo dipped his head downwards slowly at her words in a nod. Despite their cruel honesty, she was right. "You speak the truth, Colt," he began, his voice lacking anything but professionalism, "There are many here who serve the Foothills with their body and minds, but we do lack forces that could protect us if the need ever arose. I do not doubt anyone's abilities here; your words and praise and dedication, not only to me, but to our home in its entirety have proven that... But sometimes that isn't enough." Pausing, the stallion took a heavy breath, his sides heaving as he looked around at all the collected faces. "I am no soldier, surely all of you know that. I was a medic. I have no solid, battle-born backgrounds like many of you do have, and perhaps it was luck that I won over Confutatis today... But should the need arise that I should put myself bodily in front of any of you, I would do so in a second... But my desires and willingness to serve you all won't keep us safe from an invasion. We must train, we must strengthen ourselves, or next time... We may not be able to call the Foothills our home."

Then, Lakota arrived, all fire, grit, and sharp wit and everything else that Apollo found alluring about her. Passion and love is what compelled her to speak, but Apollo knew Lakota may never admit it. Instead, he listened to her words, a conflicted claw grappling at his heart. This bickerment is not what he wanted to occur, but... Perhaps it simply needed to be done. Oh, the woes of leadership. As Lakota moved to face him, Apollo's head lifted once more and he offered her a smile. Like she, he could fondly remember when a youthful play-date at the ocean took a terrible turn for the worse.

"Thank you, Lakota... You... You've done so much for me, for us. I could never repay you, as much as I want to." His eyes remained upon her as she moved closer and brushed her lips upon him, her Godly gifts of healing working their miracles upon him. Wounds closed, pains faded, and soon the stallion lifted his head upright, releasing a sigh as though a large weight had been pulled from his shoulders. "Thank you..."

"First, we must have peace amongst ourselves; a nation divided will fall as soon as the hounds of war begin barking at our doors." Here, Apollo's gaze flicked to Colt. He did not feel anger for her words... She was simply stating the truth. "Allies will be a necessity, and I will gladly step foot into any meeting that transpires to gain us some. I agree with Lakota, as well; where we once called the Asylum our enemies, perhaps it is in them that we should find brothers and sisters in arms. I already have a... Personal connection to the Sultan of the Dragon's Throat, and even though past choices upon the Grey have sullied our names, I believe he would be willing to overlook any transgressions that may have occured to build a foundation for kinship."

"If there is any suggestions, please... Do not hestitate to speak up. I'd like to hear them, as I'm sure Phaedra would." Here, he turned his head, smiling towards the Chieftess. "Perhaps we should send our spies out to gather information, Phaedra? What do you think? And in names of negotiations... What would you all say if we were to introduce a new sect into our fold? Delegates, of sorts, to keep in good words with each of the other herdlands? Do we have any volunteers who may be interested in such a thing?"

Apollo's questions were honest, for he would not make a decision without consulting his family, first. Their opinions, albeit different, were precious.

[ooc: Sorry for the wait, everyone. <3]

For One More Day, We Try to Save it All

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I had a dream I stood beneath an orange sky.</style>

Solace melded into the background as he fell silent, and he decided it was time to simply listen to the others. Already he had confronted the filly that spoke so foolishly, and that was enough confrontation for the day. He wanted the occasion of their leaders victory to be a celebration, not one where he spent his time bickering with an ignorant child. Others had also taken a stand and spoken words that far exceeded his own ability of stumbling over sentences and taking long pauses to collect his thoughts into coherent words.

Plots and plans were thrown about, and Solace listened intently to each and every word that poured out of the others mouths. The thought of the madmen of the Asylum roaming their hills sent a chill through his body. What if they decided to slit their throats in the night? Or what if they decided sharing wasn’t enough? Wouldn’t a taste of having a herdland make them want more? Welcoming that darkness into their homeland went against his every instinct, but he would go with whatever his chief decided was right.

At the mention of a suggestion, Solace knew there was something he could do. Once again he stepped forward, but this time he looked directly at his chieftain. “There is something I can do to help fortify our brothers.” He called out, loud enough for all to hear. “Not too long ago, I was out by the sea, there I met Father Earth and he gave me the abilities of the Mason.” He paused and permitted that to sink in to the others. “I say we make a wall, a fortress to keep out the intruders and help us keep our borders safe. Apollo, Phaedra, do I have your blessing to begin such a project? I want to use the gifts I have for my home and for my family.”

text

Image Credits