the Rift

[OPEN] Homecoming [Avarielle, Welcoming]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

If the wall was meant as a prison, the poor painted girl had no idea of it. She built it to please her superiors, to keep her friends and family safe, to prove that she was useful. As for the draft girl's thoughts of concern, Kahlua did not notice them. There were so many more things rushing through her mind, and emotions were hard for her anyway. Happiness was all she knew in this moment, and all that she could have fathomed Avi knowing as well. Poor simple child. Perhaps someday she would find a teacher willing to take on her special case. Surely she could use it.

I don't remember why I left. Kahlua didn't question the words at all. “That's ok. You're back now, that's all that matters.” Her answer was self-assured, resolute, determined. There was nothing in the world that could stop her from being happy on this day. “Come on,” she offered after the draft girl's second round of words. “Let's go!” She exploded in a flurry of motion, taking off at a canter through the trees, weaving through them with all the grace of a drunken camel, simply happy for life. Avi was coming home.

Of course, eventually the girl was forced to stop her running, not being an athlete of any kind, and so by the time she made it home she was rather dry of any sweat that might have accumulated on her sides. As for poor Avarielle, friend though she was to Kahlua, her poor ears probably hurt by the time they made it close to the borders. Kahlua had shared everything she knew about rank changes, Lace having taken Thor's position as Mirage's king, who the head warrior and healers were, the general politics of the land (in that most lands were peaceful save the unicorns of the North), and a flurry of other useless to useful knowledge.

And then finally, the wall appeared, the massive creation demanding attention along the border line, sparkling in the sunlight, drawing as much attention to itself as Kahlua did on a regular basis. It was no surprise, though, seeings as it was the girl's work anyways. Her blue eyes sparkled as she looked back to her friend, smile wide, ears perked and eager still. “Do you love it?” Off to the left a little ways was a break in the wall, wide enough for two to walk abreast through. It was the only passage way in and out of the land. “Here's the entrance,” she offered, changing her course to head that way.

@[Avarielle]- Thanks for your patience. I'm off absent now for good, so no more delays on my end!! Sorry again!

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Avarielle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Avarielle was a spellbound listening to Kahlua speak about life and happenings within The Edge. These were now all things that she would take a role in.

Her earlier worries were put to rest at hearing that the surrounding herds were peaceful for the most part. Her heart did sink a bit at hearing that there was a group of unicorns that weren't known to be so, but mixed in with her more reasonable reaction Avarielle was intrigued.

"Unicorns? The word felt strange in her mouth, "I remember you telling me about horned and winged horses before when we first met. Which are unicorns?"

Avarielle stopped dead in her tracks at the sight of her friend's wall. She looked at Kahlua in a different light.

"You.. made this? How?" The wall was unlike anything she had seen before. It gleamed in sunlight so unlike the walls she had witnessed the humans create. There was no dirt or grime coating its surface. It was not one of the the crude marks marring the landscape as she was accustomed to, instead this was something that came to be through the labor and care of an artist. "I do love it. What else can you do? How long did it take you to make?"

Avarielle felt content and only faintly nervous while speaking with Kahlua, the mare was just one that you automatically find yourself comfortable around. But she was about to meet the others who would now possibly grow to be family, the debilitating fog of shyness was beginning to creep around her hoofs.The mare nervously took a deep breath to try to calm herself.

As the two stepped, shoulder to shoulder, through the opening Avarielle closed her eyes. She would not open them until she had gotten to the other side. She wanted to be able to remember exactly what her first sight in her new home was.

The thought that her eyes may not be graced by anything memorable did not occur to her. In such life altering moments the mundane ceases to exist. Through a newcomer or a traveler's eyes the world is unspoiled, the possibilities of adventure are still abundant, dancing across the land.

"Kahlua, I am about to open my eyes to see something or someone exciting," keeping her eyes closed she turned her head and gave a mischievous smile to her friend "or else we are coming through there again."

OOC: Don't worry about it I've given a few slow replies myself. Thanks for the threads!

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

“Horns,” she said decidedly, nodding her head as if to emphasize the point. Then, she quickly added after, “But not all are bad. I was reminded of this by a dear friend, Kaj.” And then the surprise and awe. Kahlua loved it, she reveled in it, as her friend saw the wall and fell to her marveling. If she could have glowed she would have, ego inflated and mind dancing in delight. “I am Glazier now, the Lady Moon grants me the ability to make things- to turn the mists to glass!” And then she laughed brightly, not at her friend, but rather with her, in joyous celebration of the day. “I can make anything I can imagine. I just think of it.... and it happens!” She wished she could make something now for Avi. Unfortunately, the Moon Goddess' gift only ran so deep and Kahlua still had an order to fill this season. Instead, she made a mental note to make something for Avi come the winter. Besides, it would give her time to think about it.

For a moment then, thinking about the thing, she was transported back to all her work on it. It had seemed endless at the time, a monotonous work that had lasted for all of eternity. Although eternity might be exaggerating just a bit. “A cycle of the moon, perhaps? The herd worked on it with me to clear trees, plow the ground and gather up rocks and twigs from the earth. It was exhausting.... but fantastic work!” She bounced a few steps then, completely missing Avi's deep breath to calm her nerves. All of life was a game to the painted girl. Someday she would learn differently.

I am about to open my eyes, Avi said then, demanding to see something exciting and Kahlua only laughed again, delighting in the game. “My eyes are closed too!” she cried out with a giggle, closing them tightly and trying to press her shoulder against Avi's so that they would remain together. “Tell me when you open them, I'll do the same!” Clumsily, her eyes still closed, Kahlua tried to reach her nose over and bump Avi's neck in encouragement. Whatever they saw, Kahlua was certain it would be grand. Everything about the forest was fantastic to her. Everything was perfect!

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post