the Rift

[PRIVATE] Screamed so loud I'm hoarse

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

[Set after her challenge with Oxy. If you'd prefer this be in the DT Whit I can rearrange it.]

He left.

He left, and so did the orb, and she did not follow. She cannot, follow. The reality of it cripples her.

Something akin to victory curls upon the velvet nose of the girl, though it does not belong there.
I'm alive. As if she has been holding her breath the whole time she exhales heavily, the sound whistling through her nose with relief.

That shuddering thought and the fact it had been a question only moments ago was a cold slap upon Ampere's face. She had always been reckless and headstrong, but she had always been surrounded with friends that had the strength to lift her out of her troubles or fight alongside her against them.
Now though?

Now she is alone. Utterly alone in this wretched place infested with greed and selfishness, and because of that, she cannot follow him. Because of that, the orb is gone. Because of that... Ampere finds mere happiness in being alive, but she has won nothing.

Her eyes only stay dry from the fire that rages within.

"I cannot...crumble," she whispers, her body beginning to slump back towards the earth as the agony in every muscle began to overwhelm her.
"I am right..." she says, fainter, her knees hitting the ground.
"They cannot win..." she growls hoarsely, her balance wavering, her hocks trembling before they too sunk into the soil.
"I am...I am the shore," She grits her teeth as she forces the phrase out, hard, but empty of resolve.
Her body rolls onto its left side, flattened against the terrain in a wash of blue and black feathers.

And they are the waves... she thinks as her eyes pinch shut, her breathing slowing.
And I am drowning...

I am alone.

L EAVE THE PAST BEHIND, WALK AWAY | AND THE CRACKS BEGIN TO S HOW

For @[Cirrus] and maybe @[Onni]?
Otherwise please ask if you'd like to join ^^

*Sorry for the double tag, had to edit!

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni.</style>

Herbs, always gathering herbs. With Tallsun gone, the settlement of Orangemoon puts to bed many of Onni's favorite flowers, but there are some plants that prefer the chill of an autumn morning to the constant warm embrace of the summer sun. They are not as beautiful, nor as elegant as the parade of flowers when donned the world in Tallsun, but perhaps more useful. Grasses of strange colors, shapes, shoots, sizes, they grow in shadows or in the yellowing valleys of the meadow.

The sudden slam of a body upon the ground, however, so sharp and distinct, draws the pale eyes away from the fascinating herbs and toward the origin of the sound. Ears pert, eyes wide, pale face drawn in worry, Onni scans the field, her heart pounding with disquiet. A lone blue feather, striped with black and highlighted a lightning shade, sails on air currents before her. Lyhty sails upward in the air, tracing back the direction of the fallen plumage, his beady little eyes racing. The shaman walks slowly into the wind, her nostrils flared to pick up on a scent.

A rush of iron and warmth fills her lungs, the unforgettable smell of blood.

Cast away in the grasses of the field, the small songbird sees the crippled figure of black and blue. Onni remembers it, suddenly, the figure which had raced across the sky against the fiery salamander monster in the Heart. Her hooves pick up a trot, bringing her swiftly toward the side of the almost stranger, pale face and eyes looking warmly down, glowing frame producing an aura of calm confidence, even if her heart shook in her chest.

Eyes squint, looking and mentally noting the barrage of injuries upon her body. Who had done this? Such needless violence, Onni believes, her calm smile still taut upon her features. So concerned with the health of this comrade, the mare does not notice the glimmer of vibrant golden yellow in the mare's mane. Instead, Onni simply breathes out slowly, calmly.

"It will be alright," she says, confident despite her uncertainty. "Hold on just a little longer for me."

[ Lemme know if you would rather post Cirrus first, Whit, and I can move/edit things around for you. ^^ ]
WHAT IS TO GIVE LIGHT MUST ENDURE BURNING.
credits: aquiloniuslupus, hjr-photography, chocomix, and roar-shack-stock @ dA.com
& wolfgangstaudt @ flickr
 just enough dark to see</style>
  how you're the light over me.</style>

Eribor Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I am not a stalker.

I did not mean to find Onni again. Or the blue girl, for that matter. I had simply been skulking in caves for far too long, and happened to emerge into society at the same time and location that their paths converged. Sure, I did maybe see Onni, and maybe I thought hey, if there was ever a day to give up my hard-earned solitude it was when I knew I would run into someone I was familiar with (even if it was another earth-damned female), but that didn't make me creepy. I didn't taste the air for their scent, or hide in bushes and photograph them from afar. I didn't lurk on the borders of the Desert and wait for that slightly familiar, painted form to cast her shadow over them; nor did I coast through cloudy skies and pray that a flash of blue would spark by.

I was not a stalker.

But I was lonely, even then. Isolation and bitterness had served me poorly thus far, though at that point of my youth I would be loath to admit it; I had descended from my solitude ostensibly to learn more about the world I'd found myself trapped in, but really I just wanted to talk to somebody. My wings caught the air with practiced ease as I sailed above the world below - far below. The altitude I generally maintained was one that would hurt the lungs of many pegasi, but for one raised on mountains I found the thinner air felt like home. It also meant I saw very little of the individuals who littered Helovia; and though normally I would have kept it that way, today I gave in, descending to brush feathers with the roof of the world.

Green and lovely, even in the fall, the Heavenly Fields are not so unfamiliar to me- but on that day they stank of blood, an entirely unusual and unpleasant scent, emanating from the crazed blue mare I had encountered only once before. I saw her moments after the iron fumes set into my nostrils, a fallen figure in the thinning grass, distant but close enough for my heart to flutter in misplaced concern as recognition flooded through my brain. It was followed shortly by an uncomfortable shot of adrenaline, and in the milliseconds after I found myself hurtling toward the ground below, and Ampere's fallen form. Why? I asked myself irritably, and- Because. Shut up! my brain replied.

The ground flew past, and I crashed into it gracelessly, landing a length from where the sparky mare lay. Earth exploded beneath my hooves, the ground torn asunder by the force of my bulk; I spun around awkwardly, hurriedly, thinking of nothing but making sure she was okay, and blinked.

Onni stood beside the fallen mare, somehow unnoticed until this moment. Oh.

It seemed I was doomed to always act the fool in front of this girl.

Stupidly I blinked at the painted mare, wondering how on earth I had found myself in this position, again. Trying to make sure someone I didn't care about in the slightest was safe, and winding up standing dumb in Onni's eyes, looking like some compassionate moron when I clearly was not. I just... wasn't heartless. Could she really fault me for that? My ears flicked back, and I shuffled uncomfortably, muscles tense and wings ready to propel me away. To my chagrin, I have to admit that Ampere's prone form lay temporarily forgotten. I glared at the girl through tired, two-tone eyes, and dare her to comment, to smile that beaming grin, to glow at me like the cheerful, incorrigible child she was.

Then the smell of blood hit me again, and I looked down at the body which lay between our silence. "Oh," I stated blankly, realizing in a quiet panic that I had no idea what to do.

[ Posting with permission from Blu :3 ]
out of the ashes, we rise again
- bg - table - image -

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

The body will instinctively protect itself. Even if the soul goes beyond understandable limits to put its shell in harms way, at some point the mortal casing will hit its limits and regain control.

Ampere is in the cocoon of her limits.

Though her heart buoys her more often than her wings, it has never had to endure the lash of a storm upon its feathers, nor had to repair the exhaustion within spent muscles. There are only so many hurricanes she can ride in the name of love, the rest she has to conquer with the mettle of bone and blood, nothing as inherently magical or fantastical as spirit, but something we need just the same.

Ampere exhales steadily, her flanks rising and falling while her eyes flicker beneath closed lashes. She is dreaming, or more accurately, she is remembering. This, the way the mind keeps us safe, the way the soul is inspired.

Sunlight breaks through pinholes in the clouds, but the grey of the world stretches ever on, the storm wrapped about the heavens like a giant serpent. Ampere laughs, a maddening sound that the wind whips away before her ears can even catch it. Rain drives upon her hide like thousands of fangs while lightning hisses on the horizon.
All the while the blue of her eyes shines rebellious.

Below a worried mother calls up, her fear tinting her voice with anger. The wind sends it away as easily as the laughs, and Ampere flies on. She flexes the fan against her tail, reducing the drag and shooting forward with a hum of speed. She sings as she flies, this battle but one of many in her lifetime, her melody but one of dozens she has sung in war. Ampere, her thoughts whisper her namesake, bolstered with strength and promise, woven with such fabrics from the passionate tales of her dam. She is invincible in this moment, flying with the wings of her heart.

As always the body is reminded of its limits though.
The kestrel colored mare below surges upwards, cutting off the draft on which the lightning girl rode. Ampere's facade cracks, a strangled cry parting her lips as she falls, tiny wings beating for purchase on a plane that never grants such. She hits the dirt, a grimace twisting her lips and a fire raging in the sea of her gaze. She rounds on her mother, but she strikes first, her wings an impossible embrace; warm and loving.

Sopping wet Ampere squirms, beads of the sky thrown off her as her tail spins and her neck rolls and jerks. Her dam laughs now, pulling back from the little bolt with a teasing skip. "Why do you fly so high in a dangerous storm little bolt?" she asks as Ampere chases, their game of tag a routine. Ampere pauses, her thoughts filtering by quickly.
"Because, I want to be strong like dad! Brave and mighty and able to strike down foes with a thrust of a sword!" Ampere exclaims, bucking and rearing up at the sky. Her mother tuts in response at her, wrapping 'round her and pushing her against her shoulder with a spare wing. "Silly little bolt," she croons, "the storm is not your enemy and you are not a sword!"

Ampere pouted, her lower lip sliding out further than her upper, which made her mother laugh again, spritely and carefree. Of course she knew countless tales, many of which her mother had made up once she saw the adoration Ampere had for the stallion, The Samurai. He had been an exotic thing, even among their traveling flock, and Ampere at once was in love with idea of such a wild warrior fighting for justice and hope. She always scanned the horizon at dusk and dawn looking for him, waiting for him. One day, she had long ago decided, she would go out and find him, part of her always knowing he'd never come back here.

"Don't make such a face little bolt, you are already your father's daughter, you do not need to be reckless to prove it." She smiled down at her daughter, nuzzling her behind the ears. "If you want proof though, I have a gift for you, my little sword," her mother murmured, drifting away, "now close your eyes and stand still brave one." Ampere did as told, feeling the velvet maw of her mother ruffle her drenched mane. There, amid the brown barred feather and the blue freckled one, a yellow one now sat nestled.

"It is his, and you are old enough now to have it..."

The dream began to drift away as voices around Ampere warbled the past with the present. She twitches, a leg sliding against the dirt while her lips fumble with a name. "V-volt..." she sighs, falling still once more.
Voltaic.

Ampere bolts upright, wings flapping and knees complaining as she scrambles back to her feet, wild eyes cast about like a frightened animal as she regards the two near-strangers, recognizing them only in coat and not by name or smell or memory. "What do you want!" she demands, before her wounds remind her of her place and she sinks back to her chest.

Ashamed of her weakness and torn by her loss she turns her head away from them, exhaling with a dramatic sigh. "Kill me if you must, better to be done with it than shame the Samurai any further." She was certain he had never lost a battle, or a companion orb, in his life.

L EAVE THE PAST BEHIND, WALK AWAY | AND THE CRACKS BEGIN TO S HOW

@[Cirrus]

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.