[OPEN] Milk Moustache

Öde Posts: 145
Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu

SLEEP GO BACK TO SLEEP SLEEP GO BACK TO SLEEP
GO BACK TO SLEEP
SLEEP SLEEP GO BACK TO SLEEP GO BACK TO SLEEP SLEEP

Mother has taken me out to explore more of my kingdom. After catching me wandering off more and more she realized the error of her ways, I am not content to merely grow in her shadow, growing fat off the stories she weaves. I need more than air whispering between my ears in order to feel the weight of my crown.

That, and her milk had begun to turn sour with only the tundra weeds to flavor it. It puckered against my cheeks and nipped at my tongue, causing my face to scrunch up in a way that made mother laugh. I didn't like it when she laughed at me, though I enjoyed her happiness. She never laughed long though, which was nice, and would often smooth out the worry lines on my brow with her warm tongue. It had a way of reconnecting our bond which shuddered whenever I grew dissatisfied with her.

So it was we made our way south, the snow steadily receding while waves of greenery washed up, until nothing but the meadow emblazoned the horizon. I gasped, rearing forward on my spindly legs, the nub of my central horn just barely gleaming in the morning sun. I let out a mighty war cry as I burst forward, twisting and turning, bucks assailing all of my foes foolish enough to draw near, while the sound of my dam danced wickedly in the backdrop.

I didn't stop, leaving her to tend to the humor of my fallen enemies, while I raced to the edge of this heavenly plain. Breathless, I looked down upon the realm of Helovia, a god up on this cliff face.

"Kneel" I hissed to the clouds that drifted past, the lion's tail twisting at my hocks, short yet with my youth, like my beard.

Ö_D_E

Resurgere.deviantart.com & PochoAchondria.deviantart.com

@[Reginald]
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Reginald Posts: 165
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 hh :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Ka'Mate :: Harpy Eagle :: None & Ka'Ora :: Harpy Eagle :: None M.E.

Some say you're trouble, boy Just because you like to destroy All the things that bring the idiots joy Well, what's wrong with a little destruction?

He stares at the slender black shadow.

The grey-eyed prince returns frequently to this color kingdom of the sky, though it costs him shaking limbs, ragged breath, a rapidly beating heart. He returns despite the weakness in his bones, because he likes these colors, he likes to bask in the fragrance of the Gods’ own garden. Is there spite in his heart for the possible desecration of holy land? Perhaps. He still treads softly, watching the world react to his tiny hooves. There’s nothing gained in inciting the wrath of a being he knows he cannot fight.

This place would be perfect were it not for its perfection. Reginald is not the only one to recognize its peaceful, quiet beauty, the lushness of its fields and sweetness of its clover. He wishes he were; he escapes his mother’s intuitive eye, his brother’s blinding strength, his father’s golden glare just to spend his days in this immaculate solitude, allowing the visions to play behind his eyes as he daydreams under the cold light of the mountain sun. Countless strangers pass his invisible boundaries; they invade the imaginary borders of his kingdom, oblivious to his claim upon it, leaving a bitter taste in the prince’s mouth. They will learn one day to fear to cross his path and urine. He will not stand for it.

He watches quietly as a slight black spit of a colt gambols about playfully, and once again sour envy coats the back of Reginald’s throat as he observes the effortless grace and power children his age should possess. He calms himself. One day, he whispers in his mind. One day he will break from his chains.

But for now, he approaches the small black colt, noting the slim legs, the knobbly knees, the bud of a crimson horn that adorns his fuzzy black face. Reginald hears the hiss that spits from the teeth of the colt. He pins his ears from behind the child, before setting them straight again, forward and curious. He gets rid of that flash of annoyance. It won’t do to be annoyed. “They won’t kneel,” he whispers in his specter’s voice, a rustle of leaves in the wind, the sigh of mist on a heavy Orangemoon morning. He is minutes older than this youngish colt—though he believes there is wisdom in those extra minutes, and he offers it. Just to see.

"talk talk talk"

day1953@pbase

Blu

GO BACK TO SLEEP

[Gonna switch up the point of view, still test driving him!]

A tone carries across the meadow; a voice that flits on the breeze like a fragile winter leaf come to tickle his ear. A red tip turns in response, as if feeling the phantasmal brush of sound, and tilts back to better catch the words. Öde's head soon follows, his crimson gaze and the veins that seemed to connect it to his face only enhanced by the dark shade of his shoulder. He watches the other colt for a moment, the blood in his eyes no less alive than that in his veins, yet it does not rush or rage. Öde is still, he is quiet, he is intrigued by the other horse. Most importantly, he is unafraid.

Why shouldn't he be, after all what has a king to fear in his kingdom?
Much, that's why I am a god.

A smirk settles comfortably onto his lips as this thought soothes his conscious, meanwhile his tongue has found the energy to respond - only seconds, but perhaps a lifetime in this pivotal moment of firsts.

"Are you so sure?" Öde asks, innocence coloring his voice, the baritone of maturity not yet present. Doubt sits in the words as well, uncertain of the wisdom the other proffered. The tail of the lion snakes in out of his back legs as he thinks, a slight 'furrow forming upon his 'brow, shielded by a tangled forelock. "How do you know?" he asks again, head tilting with query this time, the innocence more pronounced with actual naivety present. "Mother says everything will bow." To me.

Öde glances back casually at the clouds, as though to check they have not found their knees yet. "Are you part of this kingdom?" Öde asks as his gaze turns back around, a brightness entering his question this time, as though he finds more delight in its answer than the others.
Ö_D_E

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Some say you're trouble, boy Just because you like to destroy All the things that bring the idiots joy Well, what's wrong with a little destruction?

The slight, shadowy colt turns to look at him. Reginald’s attention is momentarily captured by the foaling’s eyes, which seem to bleed something red-hot and fiery. He is intrigued for a span of moments, silent as he freely inspects the only lick of color on an otherwise blank, obsidian canvas. The interest wanes rather swiftly; he has sated his vain, coltish curiosity for the time being. His interest now lies in the words that may float in the young one’s head, in what tumbles from those tiny, tiny lips of his. So far, he only speaks as though he is young. He does not indicate yet that he is an idiot.

Reginald approaches the cliff’s edge, fearless in his presumptuous proximity with the fine-boned, nameless colt beside him. He sees what the red-eyed boy sees; he observes the same glorious vista of the world, the clouds flowing passed on invisible plains of wind, a curve just discernable on the pale, bluish horizon. It is a soaring sensation of greatness—Reginald understands it well, for he himself often stands on the edges of these soaring peaks and schemes. Dreams. Expects. Demands.

*"Are you so sure? How do you know?"*

“From experience,” he answers simply—for it is the simple truth. “Things don’t bow unless you make them,” he explains quietly, words falling from his mouth as snow might descend gently from the billowing, darkening clouds above. “Words of a child don’t mean much.” A smile creeps into his eyes as the colt speaks of a mother’s assurance, a mother’s love for her son. He’s familiar with such coddling. “Mothers want everything to bow for their children,” he says, his eyes still cast towards the sprawling map that is Helovia opened below him, “but you must make them bow with more than words and wishes.”

The child asks if he is a part of the kingdom here—and Reginald ponders this for a moment, wondering how best to answer the inquiry. If the child asked, he must not be a piece of this vibrant mountain kingdom. “Not now,” Reginald finally answers, deciding on the truth as being the best response, “but I will be, one day.” Not as a peon, though. He will be lord and monster, perhaps, but he will be through with this peon business.

“Where are you from?” he rasps suddenly, cold grey eyes turned toward those ruby gems inlaid in the ebony cut of the foal’s face. It’s a question of sincere interest and curiosity—for though evil things twist within Reginald’s mind, he is but a child, with a child’s inquisitiveness.

"talk talk talk"

day1953@pbase

Blu

GO BACK TO SLEEP

Experience is the one thing Öde cannot just simply have like he assumes with everything else. He knows that such a thing only comes with time. He knows he must wait, and it drives him mad. How ironic he doesn't yet know of his future where he will have more time than he could ever spend and more experience than he would ever want.

Life is funny that way. It lets us squander our desires when we need them least, then drowns us in them.

Reginald continues and Öde is captivated, as most anything is apt to do in his youngest of young days. The world remains like an unturned rock, where even grass is a surprise for Oblivion's sake. Even so, Reginald is interesting with all his experience, although Öde begins to think it is far less than the older colt let's on. He speaks of making things bow rather than telling them to and Öde wanted to ask how, but held his tongue. Reginald didn't know, did he? If he did he would have made the clouds bow long ago, rather than telling Öde they wouldn't.

Öde glanced back one last time across the side of the cliff, staring out impassively at the rebellious curls of moisture and air. Then he turned away from them, much more interested in the horse before him born with knees.

"Not now," Reginald answers, swiftly laying claim to his future post. How alike the two were, and for that, how miserable their relationship would be. A tether was already forming between them, bound in blood and ash and greatness. The sparkle of that last trait was all Öde could ever see, and it was all he cared about. Blood and ash were always to be found, even in the most desolate of places, but the shine of success only glinted off crowns.

Öde smiled.

The movement pulled his lips in a subtle flicker which moved the lines of his face nonetheless. The red of the veins that sprawled around his eyes like the hands of dead trees wriggled, as if alive with a pulse of their own. "I'll make sure of it," Öde replied, insinuating he would keep Reginald alive and ranked beside him in his worldwide conquest and subsequent empire. Of course it could be taken in any manner of ways, but Öde had not yet learned the nuances of tongue or flesh. His words were simple, his intentions buried.

Reginald asked him a question now, which Öde did not hesitate to answer. In fact, his chest might even have puffed up a tad. "Here," he spoke with an assurance colored by pride. This was his kingdom, or so mother said... he realized with a fresh bout of hesitation. If what Reginald said was true, was this really his, or just what she wanted to be his? He wanted it too of course, but they had yet to be tended by a servant, or anyone really. They kept to themselves, almost secretive. Öde frowned. "Or more to say, the north. One day though, I will be able to call this all home."
Ö_D_E

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

The words of this colt are curious things indeed. The clouds pay no heed, of course; they float on atop their transparent highways, oblivious, careless in their trek across the sky. Reginald glances at them once more, but this spindly red-eyed creature has intrigued him most, surely. He has almost forgotten the fatal slightness of the boy’s body, the infuriating youth that clings to the slender bones, the knobbed knees like the fists of a newborn cub.

Questions erupt in the prince’s mind as he contemplates this stranger; who is he to assure Reginald of the inevitable? Who is he to lay claim to this place so young, so fresh and new, already with this instinct for dominion settled smartly in his psyche? Reginald had believed he was alone with his brother in this fiery need, unique in a colony of average, piteous ants content with a way of things he has deemed obsolete. This experience of meeting one who’s words and desires interest the darkling colt is novel, and the map of the world is forgotten for a moment.

The colt mentions his home in the north—Reginald restrains the snort that threatens. He has seen the north; he has met a resident of it, a curious filly indeed despite the irritation of her gender. Perhaps this is the key difference between this meeting and those of days passed. Reginald has entertained nothing but a long procession of dumb fillies, untrained, inelegant, scatter-brained annoyances of flesh and blood. There is one colt he has glimpsed, once, but he fled from his home on the heels of his ugly mother and even uglier companion before he had a chance to pick his brain, hear his speech. Are all colts this way—born with an inherent desire and demand to bring all those who breathe around him to heel? Reginald doesn’t know friendship, but that is because he has never been faced with the possibility; whether this is a possibility remains to be seen.

“Who are you?” Reginald asks; his tail attempts a curl despite its diminutive length. A breeze rolls through the shock of mane that has begun to grow in his eyes; he shakes his head and neck. The scent of clover falls heavy on the wind, and Reginald inhales it, deeply, as he waits for the colt’s name. It is all he desires—for this is the first time he ever really bothered to learn the identity of a strange child. It’s an instinct he cannot name, a perception he doesn’t know he possesses yet; he will hear this name again. This child who shares a vision of a chaotic world will spring forth once more, and Reginald will know him. If they are indeed destined for the same path, they shall either walk on it together—or cut down whoever dares to block the other’s way. Reginald does not understand fate--but he knows it, for it molds the world regardless of understanding.

For now, he only wants a name.

"talk talk talk"

day1953@pbase

Blu

GO BACK TO SLEEP

He can see her body moving across the field towards us, sense her even before he notices her. She is moving with purpose that foretells her anger. She wants her child all for herself, especially in these moments when he is so easily molded. She recalls Oblivion's possession of her in a similar time, and worships that fostered bond, however twisted and fucked it is. Öde has no choice in the matter. King he may be meant to be, but pawn he remains for the time being, and she, she is the queen.

"Mother is coming" I think with a grimace that features itself on my countenance. I turn my red gaze back towards the colt that I behold, soaking him in these last few moments that I can can spare. He has a wisdom that I cannot glean from my mother and that is precious to me.

"Öde" the dark colt responds with a touch of pride as the accent rolls off his name. He is ignorant of the meaning, as he is sure his mother is too, but he's certain it must translate into god, mommy told him so. "You?" he asks then in turn, choosing to remember this grey washed knight when there are so many more he will forget.

"We'll see each other again, I'm sure," Öde murmurs as he begins to turn to depart, choosing to phrase it with more certainty than the question it was in his mind. "There are only so many with crowns that will lift so high after all." Öde smiles, as if remembering a fond friend when it is a boy he has but barely met. They are to be entwined though, he knows it to be true, as he will make sure of it. "And whom can make clouds kneel." he laughed, a dark, short and not all together pleasant sound as he took off bouncing through the grass just before October swept him up.

Will I see him again?
I hope so. He glitters after all, him and his crown. I am beginning to find that I like to collect these shiny things, particularly when so much of the world, my kingdom, is ugly.

Ö_D_E

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode