the Rift

[OPEN] Why are your wings like that? [Silk, Any]

Cypress Posts: 72
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 12 hands :: 10 months
Cy
@[Satanic Silk]

I am the light, the hope, in your darkest hour.

The small shadow if the filly shown on the grassy ground of the deep forest as she trotted slowly through the place she had met Africa in. The place she found the deer and took care of it. She had nursed it back to health, no magic required. The little filly didn't truly believe in magic, she had never seen it, so why should she believe it's powers? She had never seen magic her her short lifespan, and doesn't plan on it, but she might just catch a glimpse of it once in a while.

But if it was real, oh, she would have a blast! But she didn't know about it, and if it had took the wheel, oh she would be sorry. She wanted the power of healing, maybe something with sand, so she could craft things! Like Kahlua! The lady of the wall. That was what Cypress had always thought of her as. She would build a glass structure with the sand magic! Maybe she could show it to Kahula! She would be amazed. But deep inside Cypress still, did not believe in magic.

She was now in a small clearing in the darkening wood. She stood her thin legs stiff and frail. Green eyes rested on the light of the sun as it traveled down toward the ground. She could already see some of the stars. They were a beautiful sight. She loved to watch them glitter and glow in the night time sky. But she knew they always had to leave, because of the sun's greedy-ness.

But something Cypress did not know, and never did, was that there was a sun god. And a Moon goddess. She hardly even thought of them in her life. Her mother just told her stories. Ones of rage between the two. But Cypress never thought it could be real. But every-so-often, she would think about them. Maybe they weren't so mad at each other, maybe they were just scared of what the other could do to them? She never knew.

That was what she thought now as she started to lay in the cool grass of Orangemoon. She had always called it Autumn, but this was a fine name too. It sounded better on her lips. She had only been there for a minute when she heard a rattling. Was it the wind trying to call her? No. Of course not! That would never happen. But it just had, and it had came from the bushes behind her.

"Speech"
419 Words
*C y p r e s s
T h e K i n d

[Image: 15d7tjd.jpg]
Permission for magic or cruelty directed to Cypress at all times. But not death.
Pixel-Tamme

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
satanic silk

Silk continued wandering through the forest. He'd been here before, and met a pretty thing named Ghost. Now he was alone again and still exploring. He liked the darkness, and as the sun set in the sky, he felt his spirits lift. The moon and stars were coming out, and the light of the day was fading. There was a deep, satisfied purr that rumbled out through his chest, and the feathers in his mane ruffled.

The branches of the forest tried to grab him as he padded through the dirt floor. He brushed past them, not minding as they left soft scratches in his skin. The gentle pain was a reminder of being alive - of feeling. One, however, remained steadfastly in his way, and with an easy snap of his teeth, he broke the tender branch. It fell in front of him, and he stepped on it firmly, breaking it with a loud snap. His attention immediately redirected from the branch to a living, breathing creature in the brush in front of him. He moved forward, and saw a small filly standing there in a clearing. A small, unicorn filly stood in front of him, a little rose in her mane with spots over her small dark body.

It was the first time in awhile he had encountered any young equine. His first instinct was to push her over, but he held back this impulse. Everyone he had met so far had been very into these.. manners.. and he wondered if he could learn them, and if so, whether it was worth it. A small part of him thought it was a little unfair to bully the filly. She had a pointy horn, sure, but he was big, impressive, and had wings that could take him out of harm's way. Instead of any physical introduction, he stood halfway exposed in the clearing and parted his velvet lips. What brings you here alone, little foal?

[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Hidden Account
Cy
@[Satanic Silk]

Cypress turned to hear a slight deep voice. It was of a stallion of black. But a different shape stood out in red on his face. A star and a moon. Crimson eyes looked at her, not showing any emotions as Cypress could tell. He spoke words of concern, well, slight concern. She could not just stand there and wait for something to happen, so she spoke back, replying to his question. "I am not alone, for I have the trees and the wind along at my side." She tried to sound wiser than she really did. She didn't want his ripping her to shreds. If he could, he probably would, his muscles seemed tense under slick pelt.

Was he scared of this forest? It's powers? Maybe so. But he could run, take flight. Faster than Cypress could ever get away from anything bigger than them. He had powerful wings that only took a few beats to lift himself off the ground. She had no chance of running away from a monster.

When Cypress examined him again, she noticed something she hadn't noticed before. His wings. They were not at all like the feathery ones of other pegasus. They were bat-like wings, with evil claws at the tips. They made Cypress shiver, her emerald eyes waver away from his shape. She wanted to ask why his wings looked like that, but she just didn't want to take her eyes off the ground. She didn't want to see the claws that could rip through skin, tear at bone.

"Speech"
Words
*C y p r e s s
T h e K i n d

Permission for magic or cruelty directed to Cypress at all times. But not death.
Pixel-Tamme

satanic silk

The forest was like a second home to him, he'd been there so often now. The dark trees that shadowed his already dark form seemed to envelope him and caress his bodice. They were friends now, companions in the night. And during the day they kept the harsh sun at bay, letting only soft beams down to illuminate the way. This little filly seemed to think the wind and the trees counted as friends. They did, in a way. But generally Silk saw them as a comfort to the mind and to the soul, but they were no great protectors. When danger sought you ought, it was only danger you would find. The little unicorn girl cowered in front of him. Of course it was a lovely power trip for him, and he reveled in it quietly. But what was power over a helpless young thing? Not much to be proud of. In fact, almost shameful. Abruptly, Silk dropped to his knees and let his body sink to the ground so he was eye level with the filly, more or less. He caught her eye and smiled gently. He let his wings hang out over his sides, but left them limp so that they were nonthreatening to the little one.

They are my company, too. The trees shade me and envelop me in darkness. The wind carries me through the skies. But here you are, and here I am. And you are so young to be out by yourself.

For now at least he meant her no harm. It is shameful to hurt anything so innocent and incapable of defense. True defense. Her horn may barely do more than prick his skin. For now he was just curious as to why one so young would be alone. And in the darkness, anything could come out and take advantage, such as himself. It just didn't seem right. To throw in a little spice, he added a small sneer to the end of his comment to her.

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Hidden Account
Cy
@[Satanic Silk]

Acquaintances? Cypress did not know as the night slipped on. She wished the stallion wouldn't look as threatening in the night as he did now. The man then -as if reading Cypress's mind- dropped himself to his knees slowly and then made way for his body to come falling to the ground. Maybe to be more eye level with her. His neck was slightly taller so his head was slightly taller than were hers was, but she didn't mind. He was doing it in kindness. He had flashed her a soft smile before speaking.

They are my company too.

That was what made her heart take a small leap. They had something in common. The two seemed very much alike, but were brought together with those very simple words. The filly had listened to the rest of what he had said, but picked out the words of the beginning. And had hardly heard or saw the sneer at the end of his speech. Then, she spoke words of reply to him. "I am an Outcast, not of a heard, I had found myself here after days of traveling." She spoke words of truth, for she did come here after a while of traveling. It was a long time, but she had the courage to start a new life here in Helovia. Should she tell him about her quest to find the right home? Maybe. "My name is Cypress" she spoke soft words to him, although his wings still seemed very frightening, even though they were on the ground, not making any movements. Not even a twitch, but she was still wary.

"And your name is?" She asked in a polite manner after he did or did not say anything. She found herself looking at his eyes. they were a beautiful sight. A nice shade of crimson for the fellow. He looked like a demon, in a way. The ones her mother had described to her. But he was not. He was not one of those monsters. Well, that was what Cypress thought.

"Speech"
341 Words
*C y p r e s s
T h e K i n d

Pixel-Tamme

pardon my pathetic post.. I didn't really know what to write.
satanic silk

Silk's ear twitched, and he scratched it with the claw of one wing. He flapped it momentarily, glancing at the tatters within it. They were small, and more or less inconsequential during flight. They'd come from a few fights here and there as he grew up, and a few times from just being stupid. He stretched it out, high up into the darkness of the forest. His wingspan was big, bigger than most normal wings might be. Silk's eyes remained trained on her, gauging her reaction.

As he lowered his wing to the forest floor again, he clacked his teeth at her, considering her responses, her questions. I am Satanic Silk. He snorted at her, his nostrils flaring before her. Without a second's hesitation, he lifted himself forward just enough and with enough strength of his neck and crown to attempt to knock the filly to the ground - provided that she didn't notice and back away. He stared at her with unreadable eyes. Cypress. He watched her for a moment longer before nodding his head with affirmation, Days of traveling? You should rest up then.

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Hidden Account
Cy

The black winged horse scratched it's ear tip with the claw of the wing. Mustn't that hurt? It certainly looked like it from Cypress's point of view. She didn't like the way he flapped it watching the torn bits blow. The tattered were scary, did they hurt? The man stared at her as he spread his wing through the darkness of the night. It had slightly disturbed Cypress, but she didn't give in to show it. She didn't want him knowing how scared she was of him, still.

He lowered his wing back down, making Cypress intense. It felt better not to have something large looming over you, slightly threatening you. But when she looked at his face, it seemed thoughtful. A calm tone spread his voice as he spoke his name. Satanic Silk. A beautiful name. Though Cypress hardly knew what it meant. It just sounded soft on her lips. She didn't expect that of his name. Maybe Dagger, or Crimson Moon, considering his markings.

The man then lifted himself forward surprisingly quickly. It scared Cypress alittle, she jerked her head away from him, pulling her body back. The tip of her ear had hit him when he had thrust forward. It started to pulse with a small pain. Cypress sighed relieved that it didn't make as much damage as Reginald did. He had left a bruise on her side. And tears streaming down her face.

You should rest up then the words mocked her slightly. Like he was trying to make her feel like she was weak. She was not. Was she? She pushed herself to her feet, not trying to threaten him, she trying to show him she was strong too! She didn't want to go around having people think she was weak! This man certainly seemed like he had thought that. "Hey!" She squeaked at him madly.

"Speech"
309 Words
*C y p r e s s
T h e K i n d

Pixel-Tamme

satanic silk

Silk stood up now, chuckling as the little filly stumbled backward and pushed herself up again. He tucked his wings in against his sides now, keeping them out of the way between him and the little one. She shouted at him, clearly annoyed at being pushed over. She wasn't a complete pushover, he saw, and that was good. He walked around her, sniffing her and nudged her side gently. He had no children, and he wasn't sure he even had a desire for children. He wouldn't mind having some of his spawn running around, but he was not ready to be a loving, caring father. That wasn't his calling. Silk was much more of a self-centered, take-care-of-number-one sort of guy. With a few exceptions.. He thought fondly of Africa, the Oracle of Dragon's Throat. She was something.. different, for him.

Silk stopped against toward her front, and snuffled at the rose toward the top of her mane. The scent tickled his nose and he pulled back, snorting to get the pollen from his nostrils. Alright, so who are your parents? You didn't appear out of thin air. He grunted quietly. Part of him wanted to bully her and push her over, but another part of him was genuinely curious about who she was, where she came from, and if she could really take care of herself. It seemed strange she would be alone, a yearling like herself. Not like it was really his problem, but he was bored and Cypress seemed like she could provide some entertainment.

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Hidden Account
Cy

The winged man didn't even apologize. He just folded his wings like nothing had happened. It was obvious he wanted to start a fight. Cypress didn't want one, so she stayed out of it. Letting it go. She smiled at him weakly. Trying to shake it off.

When he started to walk around her weirdly she kind of wanted to hurt him. But it was not her fault he was sniffing her and nudging her. At least he was doing it gently. But it still annoyed her a little. When he was done, he stopped at her front a fond look disappearing from his crimson eyes. He then tried to sniff her rose, but pulled back, trying to get the pollen from his snorting nostrils. Honestly. How much more weird could this get? He then asked a question she didn't even think he was going to ask. It was about her parents. She glanced at him, a look of plea in her eyes. She didn't want to answer this question. It had already been spoken to her for some time, and she didn't want to go through the same pain like before. But she nodded, knowing he would like to know her story, and deserved to know where this little dark filly had come from. "I... I was running with my mom and dad and sister. We were in a forest, and... I kind of went the wrong way.. uh. Only hearing screams afterwards." She stopped there. Only to see his reaction.

This is when she noticed she was acting more... older. Like her sister. She was not acting like that small filly anymore. What had caused her to think like this? Was it Satanic Silk? She didn't know. She just wanted it to go away. She wanted to be herself. But that didn't happen. She just kept on getting more different by the second. What had gotten into her?

"Speech"
252 Words
*C y p r e s s
T h e K i n d

Pixel-Tamme

satanic silk

The little one seemed to have gotten agitated as he examined her, and he huffed at her. No need to get all uppity at a little looking here and there. He was trying to decide if he wanted to keep her or not, and he wasn't going to waste his time with an ill-suited pup that he'd have to babysit or feed with a silver spoon. But as she revved up, it sounded like she was getting a little more pep, too, and he liked that. He snuffled at her as she told the story of how she lost her parents. He didn't doubt how sad it was, or the pain she was suffering. He'd grown up alone too, however, and hadn't he turned out just fine? Silk certainly thought so.

It's a hard life, Buttercup, but that's how things play out sometimes. You're lucky you made it out alive. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. He gave her the age old advice. Of course, that wouldn't soothe the pain, but Silk did not care much about soothing the pain right now. He was still considering what he wanted to do with the unicorn filly he had stumbled upon. And the idea that he might take her with him was quite suitable. She might be his little pet. I quite like that idea. He wasn't one for kids. But for some reason he liked this one. He didn't want it to be his own, like a father-daughter thing. But she obviously had no parental figure, and he could fill that role. Sort of maybe as an odd uncle. That guy that sort of showed up and took over. He gave her a softer smile.

I like you, kid. Why don't you just come along with me. He nudged her again and extended his wings, stretching them in the cramped space as best he could. He shook out his mane, the feathers in his mane shaking as well, resting softly in those curls. He would not force her if she did not want to come with him, but he hoped she would agree. After all - did she really have somewhere else she planned to go?

Count: 366
Sorry these have been so short :/
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Hidden Account
Cy

Why did he call me butter cup? She wondered as he spoke to her. The pain after having to tell that story again. That wretched story. She hated it. But hate was a strong word, maybe it was dislike. But she could not get the screams out of her head.

When she looked into Satanic Silk's eyes she saw something bad. She did not like the thoughts that seemed to whirl through his head. They seemed scary, like he was going to take her. Somewhere she didn't know. Silk, being that scary black and rose beast he was, spoke again. He said he liked her, telling her to come along with him. "Satanic..." before she could finish his name he reached up his black shredded wings out, stretching the small space they were in. He shook his mane, a devious smile on his face. "Satanic Silk, I don't want to come with you, I don't know where you are going!" She said remembering the lessons her mother taught her. Not to go with strangers to strange places. But that is what she had been doing all this time in Helovia! She couldn't stop now. But Silk was scaring her, and she didn't like it. She wanted to talk again, but the fear in her eyes showed him everything.

How afraid she was to leave with him. To a place she did not know. She didn't even know what herd this stranger was in. It was different for her. Scarier. Would he like it if she asked him to come with him? Maybe so. But she would guess not. It was weird for someone to tell you to come with them. Like it was scary for Cypress now. She did not want to go with him, and she never intended to.

"Speech"
300 Words
*C y p r e s s
T h e K i n d

Sorry this is so late! :( And, I was thinking they could meet later, maybe in a thread with Africa! Cypress has met Africa 2 times already, she really has warmed up to her. So I think it will be a good idea!
Pixel-Tamme

satanic silk

His mind was set on one path, and there was not much deviating from it. He was pretty convinced that he was going to be taking the little filly with him out of the deep forest and back to, wherever he was going. He hadn't quite decided yet. He was looking around, not at her, and barely noticed at first the look that was washing over her small face. Fear. Instead of seeing it, he started to feel it, to smell it. It radiated from her and he turned his attention to the dark one, ears pinned again. Why was she so afraid? He had not been that mean to her had he? Certainly he could have been much worse. He could have tried to take a chunk out of her flesh, or give her nightmares to last her years. But instead he'd talked to her and just barely pushed her over. And now he was even semi-offering to look after her when she was clearly orphaned! He grunted at her, not understanding what could possibly be upsetting her.

He took a few steps forward and bent his nose so that their muzzles were nearly touching. He looked her in the eye with complete silence for a moment. Then he lifted his head and snorted. I do not understand your fear, child. Would you not like a home? I can take you to one. I am from Dragon's Throat. He hesitated. He was from Dragon's Throat, but he was still unsure how long he would stay there. For now, however, that was his home, and he felt it would be suitable for the filly. It would be safe for you there, and there are many whom you may befriend. Alina, Midas, Africa... His attention wavered momentarily as he said the last name, the syllables falling delicately from his velvet lips. Africa.. I want to see you again.. Silk redirected himself. If you do not want to come with me I will not force you.

Silk huffed and took a step back. He was not sure what Cypress would choose - her fear seemed to dominate her and reign complete over her choices. Whatever will there was in the child was completely reined in. He turned and began to walk from the deep forest, trekking back to his home. He would move slowly enough that she could follow if she wanted. He paused, throwing one last glance at her, then continued on.
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Hidden Account
Cy

This man of the name Satanic Silk... he was different. He expects the small girl to follow him to who knows where! Cypress didn't want to trust him, but what else would she do? She did just stick with the plan of wandering the lands, but didn't really have anywhere to live or go. Cypress huffed when he bents his head down and touched muzzles with her, he told her he was from Dragons Throat, why did that name sound familiar? Cypress didn't know. Silk hesitated, then spoke again, about the people there, probably who he had met so far. Africa! He had met Africa there! Cypress knew the name was familiar! She wanted to see the dappled mare again, it would be nice to see her, their last visit was at the lava pit, then way back it was the deep forest. She

Silk said something else, but Cypress didn't hear over how exited she was. It was just blurred out words for her. She couldn't believe Africa was in the herd he was in, what a coincidence! all the other names sounded like fun too! Alina, Midas oh! She was so exited to go. Cypress go too caught up in her excitement that she didn't realize what was right in front of her muzzle, she was following this man to Dragons throat, an unknown land of hers. Would she meet new friends there? Maybe so. "I will come!" She said making up her mind then and there. But of course, she didn't tell him about Africa... "Silk, wait!" she said trotting happily to his side when he looked away from his last quick glance. "I can't wait!" she said happily, but under her breath.

"Speech"
286 Words
*C y p r e s s
T h e K i n d

Pixel-Tamme