the Rift

[OPEN] Take me as I am (open/joing)

Krieger Posts: 43
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18.2 :: Seven Buff: NOVICE
Parelia
His large hooves thumped steadily as he moved towards the west. He had overheard a few horses along is way in this land, Helovia, speaking of blood thirsty unicorns towards the mountains. He kept his head and ears high searching for any signs of life. The air was much cooler here and the closer he got to the mountains the colder it became, and he loved it. The sweltering heat that had plagued the woods he had been in at the threshold had just about done him in. He sneered inwardly as he thought of the overly kind and mouthy one winged mare he had met. He snorted his displeasure and took in the frost covered ground.

The light layer of ice was slowly thickening to a very light layer of snow. As he pushed on at a smooth rocking horse like canter he took a deep breath in hailing the scents around him. The crisp clean smell of cold left a pleasant taste on his tongue and his sunflower yellow left eye peered around him. He was careful no matter what he was doing, to keep his long forelock carefully over his useless staring right eye. Oh how the massive white stallion hated his weakness; the only one he posed in his opinion.

If you were looking down on him from the sky, or mountain you would have seen a monstrous white draft breed moving swiftly over the cold earth, long scarlet mane flowing around him, while his short crimson tail kept close to his thick set rump. You could also spy the red wrapping around his body and just think it to be red lines, but upon closer inspection you would notice that the red is actually barbed wire markings. If you were on his left you would see a bright flash of red striking at the air, the red tribal tattoo there makes it look as if he is wearing a sleeve.

Suddenly the scents around him made a subtle change most untrained horses would miss, but not Krieger. He threw on the breaks allowing his hulking body to skid to a halt rear legs tucked slightly under him, his short back and heavy muscling making it next to impossible to fully tuck under himself. He lifted his head and ears gazing around calmly his keen eyes searching for movement. He let his avalanche like voice rumble past his lips, ”I am here seeking a home.” His statement was simple enough, short and to the point, much like his bloody pass time. He stood waiting for someone to appear, head high his glistening sharped Kudo horn held proudly above him.

Walking "Talking"’Thoughts’
Words: 443
Krieger

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi

Lost. Or, he had been. The endless white mass of the Frostbreath Steppe was both alluring as it was cunning, little had Descaro known, the further you walked the more disorientating it became. Especially when the way back into the Basin was one simple path which was almost hidden. Luckily, it had been Tallsun and the snows weren't quite so deep and the weather not quite so cold. The sun was kind to him and there was shelter to be found in the dark depths of caves or hollowed shelters, the Corporal had eventually found his way (rather indirectly) back down the mountain and onto the long grasses that skirted past the Foothills. Relieved to finally know where he was, yet still slightly confused about the whole ordeal, he spent sometime lingering near the forest of claiming, regaining the strength he'd lost when up in mountains and short on food. When he found himself fit to please the ladies once again, Descaro made his way back, pulling from memory the correct way to the Basin from the Threshold. With a bit more luck and stubborn will, Descaro found it again with a long sigh of weary joy. Never again would he go 'adventuring' in the cold desert that was the Frostbeath Steppe.

At least, there was no hidden army to report.

The familiar soft thud of his hooves hitting the solid mountain floor was a welcome sound, he followed the path further in as the magnificent curves of the Basin came into view. A sight he'd missed! All the days of patrolling this land, if anyone knew every little nook and cranny of the mountain herds land then it was Descaro. A duty he would have to return to, if they had not replaced him in his unexpected absence, the mahogany boy was quite looking forward to simply 'going out on patrol' again. Work was quick to crack the whip, however, and he wasn't too far in until he found a white outline of a rather huge looking stallion.

Upon closer inspection, Descaro noted the way the red wrapped around him like someone had hacked at him with terrible aim, but in fact it was a marking. The same bloodied look was carried to legs, hair and one shoulder, that had a rather intricate design placed on it. His eyes were almost sickly to look at and last, but not least, was the striking horn atop his head that reminded him of master crafter Crowley, who had two similar. When he spoke it was with one of those voices that you'd want on your side of the battlefield and not against you, not the suave and suggesting curves of Descaro's own seductive tones. The stallion made his mark quite well and got straight to the point of his presence, so the Corporal went to work, slipping into it like something old and familiar. "If we were to give you a home, what would you offer us in return?" He asked, a smile in his voice as he fell to a halt a few strides away from the red splurged stud's rather large figure.

"I'm Descaro, the Corporal here. Who are you?"
Grab your gun, time to go to hell
I'm no hero guilty as charged

Deceased
Parelia
Krieger stood still head raised his sharpened curling horn towering over his large white head. He took in the scenery around him. His thickening pelt definitely keeping him warmer. After rolling his massive shoulder, always prepared to fight he spotted another unicorn, a stallion, making his way down the hill towards him. Krieger never smiled or made any hint at how he was feeling besides shifting his weight firmly onto all four hooves. Flipping his head slightly to cover his blind right eye with the thick curtain of his blood red mane he gazed at the approaching stallion carefully taking in his smaller stature and heavy muscles. As the bay unicorn drew slowly closer, Krieger stood calmly watching. He saw the stallion’s eyes roving over his own body. This didn’t bother him at all though, he was used to others gawking at him, his size ensured attention.

The voice that escaped the bay’s throat didn’t really seem to fit him, in the porcelain horse’s opinion. ‘What would I offer them?’ He thought a smile devious smile creeping over his face. His rumbling voice swam towards the stallion, “If the rumors I have heard about the heard here are true, I have perfect skills for you.” He paused watching him letting him think. His continued, “I am a trained fighter, and better yet, killer.” His smile turned from devious to evil his bright yellow eye flashing brightly. He might have been a professional executioner, but he would never attack his heard members, unless the leader ordered it.

He usually refrained from being proper, but as the stallion spoke he dipped his head respectfully. ‘A corporal huh? Sounds like I hit the jack pot.’ As he lifted his head once again careful to keep his prized possession well away from Descaro not wanting to seem disrespectful or to dangerous. Something in his soul wanted to join this heard. His avalanche voice stroked the cold air again, “Pleasure sir, I am Krieger.” The politeness he was expelling almost made him sick, this was not him, unless you had earned the massive stallion’s respect ,or he wanted something from you.

Walking "Talking"’Thoughts’
Words: 365 @[Descaro]
Krieger

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi

Descaro listened intently, ears quivered atop his head as he tried to take in all that was this stallion. Slicked in impressive red patterns with a presence that didn't seem to waver in the new company he had invited. The hulking giant pulled a smile to his lips, but not one you'd want to see down a dark passage, Descaro's eyes narrowed slightly before his new acquaintance finally presented his thunder like voice with words that spoke of rumour and skill. A killer, he surely looked the part, though the warrior remained reserved on that matter. Anyone could babble and talk of fine training and murderous intent, but until Descaro saw the corpses littering the floor in the wake of his hooves, he would remain sceptic. Still, the right intent was there, it was clear in his sickly coloured eyes and bloodied smile. Descaro wouldn't mind having a soldier like this one to call on in a time of need, if what he says is true, it was good to have a subordinate who didn't question the need to kill and just 'did'.

He nodded once when the stallion dipped his head, acknowledging his respect and stashing away the name. Krieger. A face he wasn't about to forget in a hurry that was quite certain. He wondered what Deimos would think, what tone of grunt would this felon pull from the lips of the Reaper. As a grunt was likely all they'd get.

"Pretty words, I hope you can back them up, Krieger." He eyed the brute, absently flicking his long black tail with a gaze that was almost challenging. "Soldiers here are expected to patrol borders, sometimes with no rest, we are a herd with more enemies than friends. I don't want a rabbit coming in here without reason, can you do that?" He asked, already knowing that the strapping stud looked more than capable of strict patrolling. There was something else the Corporal wanted to ask, but he stayed his tongue and waited for Krieger to answer.

@[Krieger]
[sorry for the delay!! D: I'm trying to catch up everywhere ><]
WC: 339
Grab your gun, time to go to hell
I'm no hero guilty as charged

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
She had watched quietly from a distance the exchanging of words between the two men, the first to arrive into the Basin unknown to her but suitable enough to be seen so brazenly on their doorstep, while the second was a much more simply designed and familiar male she had come to know as Descaro. The bay was a corporal she had once served Psyche and Mauja alongside, and the sight of him was slightly nostalgic – but also pleasant. He reminded her of a time when she did not have to watch so heavily upon their doorway, when dreams had bright, shining outlines and weren’t crumpled and rusting on the floor of the valley. He reminded her of a time in which life had been simpler; she only had commands to follow, not ones to give, and she did not have to preside over the patrons of the mountain as she was now doing.

Or, in the case of the red and white beast, watching those who didn’t truly have the rights to venture so far into their hidden haven; while he has made his intensions clear upon arrival, the woman still watches him with narrowed and suspicious eyes, though she cannot properly hear all that is being spoken through the distance and the covering of dark conifers that shield her from their vision.

Descaro is his usual self; he does not arrive with tension writ across his build or in his face, though she is relatively sure that he is prepared for action should the stranger have other intentions. All of the unicorns of the mountain were this way, truly, at least in their preparedness for danger – perhaps some jumped the gun too early, but it was only to be expected among those with hearts as ambitious as their own. She catches something about usefulness, and her smile broadens.

Perhaps not all of us are fools, she muses, grinning softly at the corporal from a distance as she watches the two converse. Most of her smile, however, is reserved for the ludicrous difference in size between the two men.

The great red giant and the little bay, and she decides that she has lingered long enough in observation of the scene as Krieger opens his name into the air. Filing it away for use, she slips in gracefully alongside Descaro as the corporal formulates his replies for the behemoth – whose large frame is currently under heavy scrutiny by the Lady of the place, who is equally as dwarfed by his bulk as the soldier alongside her.

She wants to laugh at the sheer humor in it all, but refrains; instead, her mouth is a perfectly jovial grin, her eyes burning with the laughter she holds on her palate. "We have friends?" she jests with an airy giggle, nodding a brief greeting to Descaro and Krieger in turn before she introduces herself. "I am the Lady Illynx."

She gives a sly glance to the corporal before continuing on with her barrage of words (how she adores the sound of her own voice). "Descaro is right. We have no room for bunnies on this mountain."

[ OOC: Lol I made a punny. :x ]

There was a river once,
with many round stones
enchanted by shallow hopes
of embracing the ocean;
water is peculiar this way,
how its life is a line
that cannot bend or change
without the approval of its bed.

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Deceased
Parelia

KRIEGER.

If I’m a flame, I’m a forest fire speaking savage tongues
His one working sunflower yellow eye stayed fixed on the bay corporal before him. He was careful to keep his cloudy right eye covered by his thick red waterfall forelock, shielding his weakness from the warrior of warriors. He kept his gaze fixated on him while shifting the weight from his rear back hoof appearing to relax, but only moving his weight this way in case the smaller stallion intended to test his bragging now. He kept his face clear of emotion, wondering vaguely what Descardo was thinking of his larger compact muscles. 'If he is a wise man he'll let me join.' he smiled inwardly allowing his eyes to wonder as the silence stretched before them. He had no problems what so ever with the rocky ground or the fact it was probably covered in snow most of the year. He was a walking furnace, taking in his size and temper, he was rarely ever cold.

His full attention snapped back to to the bay as he spoke. He kept his muscles relaxed unconcerned by the way corporal was watching him. His dish like ears absorbed every word the stallion spoke and had just opened his jaws to reply when they were joined by another bay unicorn. This one was clearly feminine long flowing tail, slim frame and gold trimmed. His yellow eyes flowed over her indifferently, he had no need of a mare right now. He had been taught to put his put his sexual drive on the back burner, so a female would not be able to 'persuade' him to spare her life. He can't help the little smirk that covers his maw as he watches the mare's eyes devour his towering form.

Shifting his weight slowly back onto all four of his massive cotton white hooves his eyes find the odd smile on her lips. 'What, is she crazy?' He asks himself curiously at her question and giggle. He watches her bob her head, then slowly does the same, only because he was still trying to impress the stallion in front of him. As she speaks her name, he quickly realizes he needs to impress them both. He holds his tongue until he is sure she has finished speaking before repeating his name, and answering Descardo's question. He can't help but allow a small smile to cross his snowy lips. His dark chuckle rumbled into the air before he spoke again, "I am Krieger, it is nice to meet you Lady Illynx." He bowed his head low, careful to keep his working on eye on the pair. His grumbling voice flashed through the air like lightning as he answered Descardo, "Sir, I promise I have no problem patrolling, and chasing unwanted guests off, rabbits included." He smiled deviously towards the dainty mare.

"Avalanche"Theory'
Words: 468
"as I emerge from the hills"