the Rift

[OPEN] Sacrifice The Children

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It came in during her sleep, eyes kept under lock and key within the safety of the Throat. Leaving in the night would have her heavily scolded, but now it didn't matter. Her dreamscape told her she needed to get somewhere fast, get there now. Her fright jump started a series of events that got her to the marsh about the same dawn let royal blue light sweep over the mirror waters.
What she found there would haunt her for years into her life
"AMARA. AMARA, PLEASE."
Her cries, desperate screams reflecting over the rising bones, burst the world to be acknowledged of her presence. Eyes roll towards her blue glow; she's aware of every pair or single one upon her. Absolute horror rattles her bones, her voice cracking with each wail she releases in desperate attempts to find loved one's.
Oh God ple- AMARA!!! Please, please hear me. AMARA, WHERE ARE YOU?!" Tears cloud her eyes and break out with sobs. One lingers too close to her spot on a mound of reeds, driftwood, Spanish moss. Each memory she can process right now reminds her of when she was young and fell into the waters. That memory is what makes her aware of the fact that if she falls in, no one is going to be here to save her other than the dead, who had dark plans as of what to do with her.
For the long that stays to close for comfort, she bolts into hock deep shallows and leaps through the cold waters. The night holds a cold feeling to eveverything here. Sikeax can't hide the logical reason that her childhood friend would even want to live here.
"AMARA. ASYLUM. SOMEONE!"
She likes to believe the reason she is here is just to'sweep in and rescue Amara, to bring her best friend back to the safety of the Throat, but if she was to find other souls(alive, that is) she was going to save them. Either it be frowned or smiled upon that she brought back a group of outcasts from the Wilds back home, it felt as if it was her duty to save them. A life purpose, if you must.
When she in the groves of Cypress trees and veiled in Spanish Moss that was blindly ran into, she falls. Everyone in the horror movies falls one way or another and then the bad guy gets them. We all know it, it happens every time. This time, the horror movie Gods think the good guy will be spared.
Legs getting thrashed about as she tumbles, her stop sign is a tree. It annoys her, kicking her to how she always gets angry at inanimate objects. "Excuse me, but your fat ass in the way of my mission! BEAT IT." The tree doesn't do what she asks, only furthering her annoyance. She throws off her corpse bride dress, and stands. They don't appear here, but she hears them. Their moans are on the winds, the sloshing of water as they wade. She doesn't know it, but she breaks here. Tears stream down her face, sobs choke her throat.
In all of that, she finds one more call. "AMARA."

OOC: Sikeax playing hero. Feel free to come in if you want her to try and save you and drag you back to the Throat

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

@[Amara]

Image Credits

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

The black servant of her Majesty races along, sensing the presence of her Majesty's familiar. Her dual tone eyes spot the girl, her coat a lighter tone then all the rest. Her scent reaches her as a fowl scented wind brushes smells to her snout. Her nose is wrinkled as she reaches the side of the young lady, bowing her head. She cannot speak, so she simply sits and listens to the girl's helpless wails. She wished to reassure her, but the Night Creature could not do so for she did not speak the Equine Tongue.

I was resting my head, tired from the days of travel. I just wanted to be comfortable in my own home, but that luxury didn't come often. I was often times busy scaring horses out of the Marsh, trying to keep the Asylum a secret to be kept in the minds of few. I toss and turn, not realizing Sameira is absent from her usual spot. I move my legs to feel out for her in the darkness, but she is not to be felt. A frown creases my features as I discover my bonded is lost. I raise my head, vision blurred. I do not notice anything strange or different, but something felt off. It was far too silent in the Marsh, silence before a war. A sudden scream ruins the mist of silence, and the voice I hear causes panic. I take no time to leap up, wings flailing wildly as I throw myself everywhere yet no where, plunking into the water in a fit of panic. I do not surface for a few moments, thrashing about in fear as darkness swallows my vision. A faint bark echoes through my ears and I kick forward, wings helping my break the surface.

"Oh God ple- AMARA!!"

These are the words that reach me, Sameira's wails mixed within them. Mental images of Sia calling desperately for me gives me the strength to press on, racing as fast as I could to get to her. A faint blue glow shimmers into my vision and I leap forward, using my wings to carry me closer to the faint glowing. Already I see darkness, shadowy tendrils creeping out from every corner. "SIA!!" I scream, finally seeing Sameira's frame appear beneath me. She's running as fast as I'm flying, her dark brows narrowed. She gives me a mental image of Sikeax in the midst of the Marsh, worry painted across her face.

I finally see her champagne body. She's grown into a well muscled little lady, just as I have. I smile, but there is no time to catch up. "Sia, what the hell are you doing here?!" I scream, panicked as the sound of the dead rage within my head. They chant, their voices droned out by the panicked screams of the champagne girl. Their whispers grow stronger, and their voices echo within my mind, the innocent colt's voice carried away by their murderous chants. A wind glides over the water, washing me in an intense wave of fear. I never felt fear anymore, ever since I discovered the dead whispered in my ear or that they lay beneath my feet. "Let's go, I don't want to see what's going to rise from these waters." I begin to walk but stop in my tracks and turn to Sia, a stupid little grin on my face. "Lets go, don't got all day!" It was a playful tone, one that I could barely manage in a panicked time like this. I probably looked like an idiot smiling in a time like this, but hey, be happy, am I right?

"Talk talk talk."
Image Credits

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

When fear is the only thing in the air and the world comes crashing down in the Marsh's reflected waters, the winged friend of the hybrid comes like a saint and appears with anger upon our main character. Sikeax stares with her worried eyes, searching for the signs that her friend is alright. She finds everything in check and sighs a sigh of relief.
"Well, something got me moving in my dreams that told me to get down here fast. I did what my mind was telling me to do, and when I got here, decided to come and find you. I didn't want to see you get left behind in the Marsh."
Her eyes goes distant for a moment, switching back when her friend tells her to hurry up and get a move on. She picks up pace fast and carries it to a trot, standing taller than her companion now. If times had been different, she would of laughed and teased about the new height difference. There wasn't much room for that now, and she still wanted out, more desperate for the safety of the Throat then anywhere else.
"The dead are rising. I don't know why but they are. They're everywhere and we can't take too much time here. We'll take my path out of here and if you can't find the rest of the Asylum, I'd like to ask if you would like to stay in the Dragon's Throat with me. You'd fit in more than I would, they still don't accept my father or me."
By this time, she's loping through the waters. They reach half way up her cannons, making noise and attraching attentions. A shiver slips down her spine when she hears their noises, each snapping twig making her head jerk around to see where it was stationed.
"Uhm.... Amara? Do you want to make a break out of here? I mean, you can fly now, right? I ran in, I can run out. You can fly out of here." It's literally a fool proof plan. Her bones had a spitfire to them while her mind was screaming a single word at her over and over again.
RUN.
"My logic says 'run'. We need to do just that. Please keep up this time."
She can't figure out if that's a joking tone in her voice or not, but by the time she finds herself able to settle on a complicated answer, makes a full out break for it towards freedom.
Though Amara would probably complain about it later on, she went straight for the Dragon's Throat, tossing her head around to make sure her friend was right there to follow. Occasionally she'd yell for Amara to keep up, for Sameira to stay with them. She wasn't going to lose them like she seemed to have done with her parents. They became her family when she lost the real one, and a second go around would have her begging to join the corpses in their wanderings.

OOC: Consider this Sikeax busting her ass out of the Marsh one last time.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

@[Amara]

Image Credits

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

"Well, something got me moving in my dreams that told me to get down here fast. I did what my mind was telling me to do, and when I got here, decided to come and find you. I didn't want to see you get left behind in the Marsh."

I smile. "Welcome to the Crazies Club." It was a joke, obviously. But I don't know if Sia would take it as one in such a situation as this. She look panicked, worried when our eyes met. Moments of silence between us, only Sameira's growls keep me from going further into the abyss of Insanity. The howling wind that gave life to the dead was driving me to the edge, my mind going insane with the musings of the deceased as they cheer, awaiting their second chances at life. They would driven mad with laying at the bottom of the Marsh, their bones rattling and their flesh oozing nasty liquids.

"The dead are rising."

I look at Sia, an unimpressed expression on my face. "I'm not blind or deaf. I can hear them coming." It didn't really phase me now that I thought about it. I mean, really, the dead didn't move swiftly did they? They couldn't fly either, now could they? I was at an advantage, especially with Sameira and her fiery temper (quite literally). Sia offers to take me to the Throat, and I nod my head. "I'll come with you to the Throat, but first I must attend the regrouping of the Asylum in the Deep forest. I will notify them about this, and then go to the Throat."

I spread my wings, preparing for flight. Sameira whimpers, ears laid down in an innocent manner. "Take Sameira with you in case anything happens while you run to the Throat. Tell Midas or someone of this happening." I lurch forward and brush my nose against her shoulder, which made me realize I was now shorter than her. What a shame. Water is splashed everywhere, soaking my coat in a layer of grime. Well I'll smell lovely. I smirk before slipping back onto the solid earth, spreading my wings and soaring upwards. Trees scratched at my sides as I broke through twigs and small branches, finally bursting above the tree tops. I soar above the Marsh, whispering a gentle, "goodbye." I would miss this place. I had grown here, learned that fear is a disease, but you are strong against it, some choose to defend themselves against it, some choose to be idiots.

"Talk talk talk."
Image Credits