the Rift

Frozen Fractals

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
She ran.
Elsa had never ran faster in her entire life. The snow shifted beneath her feet with ease as she ran, bending to her every will. There was no way she could go back now anyways. Her mane reached for the wind, entangling itself into the chilled air. Her hooves smoothly sailing above the perfect flakes that fell in adoration for her. She was free. Finally free.

Ice towers created barriers between her and the kingdom. They bent and moaned in praise for her. Icicles entangled themselves within her mane before flying back to the ground and freezing themselves into the magnificent snow. She was free. The word was so foreign yet felt so good. It was as if she finally couldn't care. Without turning back she ran, and then bam. It felt like she had run straight through a wall.

Her head spun as the air was rushed out of her, and as soon as she hit that wall, she was in a mysterious forest. It was oddly too warm, and with her last ounce of concentration tried to summon the snow. It wouldn't come. Again she tried, but her ice failed her. "What?" her voice was eerily, calm, panicked and urgent all at the same time. How was this gone? Striking blue eyes widened as she tried to run out, but she couldn't, it was like this wall was keeping her in here, this magical wall that killed her snow. It killed it.

So simple. Why couldn't the wall have existed earlier? When she actually needed it. Pain, rage, sadness and fear had filled her veins again as she tried to leave, but even if she could there was no way she could go back.

Not only had she run, but now she didn't have the ice, the snow, the cold. It all had left. A moan of sincere pain and sadness gripped her body as she dragged herself deeper within the forest. Why was this so confusing? Why couldn't she have a normal life.

Storm Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The cold wind lifted the form of the gray mare higher into the sky, as she shut her eyes, inhaling the frigid air. Wing beats were slow and gradual as she shifted within the air, feeling true liberty and freedom. Her son was in good hands, with someone who was much more motherly than the fiery lass. Storm wasn't meant for mother hood, she was a fighter, and someone that demanded freedom. A breeze ruffled her mane once more as she finally sunk back down into the realms of the forest.

Scanning the area with bird's eye view, she saw a space within the tree's canopy, letting her gain access to the ground below. It was eerily quiet except for the anguished moan of someone. Not the type of mare to jump up immediately and freak out about it, Storm slowly and cautiously approached. There stood a cremello mare, a pegasus such as herself with a pained expression upon her face. Stamped onto her shoulder was a blue snow flake. How odd. With a kind expression, Storm's bold vocals echoed out into the surrounding trees.

"Hello...? Is everything alright?" Not a shy voice, no not at all. The lass felt sympathy, and wished to aid the mare in despair. Yes, she knew what it felt like, yet no one was there to help her.

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
The one convenient thing about moving from the Swamp to the Dark Forest is that you're a little closer to the Threshold. Now, you don't want anyone to think you actually enjoy coming here- you don't. However, coming here is better than two alternatives. The first, if you don't recruit, is that you look as weak as the rest of the mass of Asylum members. And, well, that really won't do when you're trying your best to get moved up as general. Second, if you don't recruit, is that you have to be with the rest of your family. And, well... its just like any other family. Sure, they're your family and you love them but...... that doesn't mean you have to like them. Or want to be anywhere near they're crazy asses.

So you move through the forest, a nice easy buzz going, but not too high. Not yet. You're trying to keep yourself under control. Eris and Seele named you interim leader while they're away so its best that you don't do anything too off the wall in their absence. But you're not sober. That's for sure. You can't even imagine.

The electric burns still cover your left side and right groin area, but they're healing slowly. As for the orb you won, the one that is set to become a companion someday soon, it sits in your leather shoulder bag, bouncing gently with every step you take. Then you hear voices, and well... it's kind of pointless to avoid others when you're trying to recruit. So you come upon the pair, steps wobbly and uneven, head bobbing a little too dramatically, but for the most part you're under control. Not too bad. You look over the situation with brown eyes, but it seems like the first one to speak has pretty much summed it up so for now you stay quiet, save for a single grunt, just watching. Hopefully not menacing, but who knows. You've never really been good at this whole introductions thing.
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Apparently her moaning and groaning had caught the attention of the inhabitants within. Whether that was a good or a bad thing, would be for her to find out. From the looks, and the talks of this pegasus mare though, it would seem that she was pretty harmless, on the surface at least. Her voice also sounded sincere, so she might as well pour her problems out on her, even if this was to be her last conversation.

"I'm not me anymore." She muttered, still stunned, but slowly becoming aware of her surroundings. The grey mare still stood before her, and she might as well explain before it sounded like she jumped off the deep end. She too was a pegasus, like herself, which gave her a little more comfort. Maybe she possessed elemental powers too. Maybe, it wasn't likely though. She hadn't met any other curse-ed's like herself. "I'm far away from where I need to be, and my ice and snow have left me." She began to speak with more confidence, but was still stunned. It was like a part of her body had been torn from her. I guess the saying is true; you never know what you have until it is gone.

By this point another had wandered upon her rather pathetic situation. He was a dark bay, and unicorn with two horns. Interesting. She gave him a good looking over, as his head-bobbing seemed a little weird. He was more of the threat, with his height and general breed, it seemed he was of the warrior traits. She crinkled her nose a little bit as she came across the burns on his side, and her blue eyes looked into his as he remained in silence. He was actually the first "man" she'd seen in a while, but she couldn't help but find even someone like him attractive in the slightest bit. "Well you're talkative." She muttered, with a roll of her eyes, the first sassy words out of her mouth. "Dammit." She muttered, and again sighed exasperated. She sucked so much at being perfect. Perfection was something she lacked. "In any case, i'm Elsa." She announced to the small party. She rotated her wings, stretching the snowy whiteness out slightly, and then she her mane, the hair falling in long soft locks around her neck and face.

Storm Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
It seemed to Storm that the mare was definitely not stable right now. Something occurred, causing her to speak what seemed nonsense. Storm could sympathize with her, seeing in what an abnormal state that her travels had forced her to. The poor lass must have gone through a lot, and with curiosity evident in blue-grey orbs, the gray mare stated a mere declaration. "We'll you're new here...besides, what happened?" Storm wasn't the type for gossiping or sticking her nose into others business...but when it came to cases like this, where the arrivals were in such a daze, it was only natural for her to ask. She felt like interrogating her with more questions, but decided to leave the poor girl alone.

"Your ice and snow? As in powers?" The mare already had powers...the dark gray mare starred at the cremello lass with a slight prick of jealousy. She yearned to acquire wind magic, and couldn't even achieve her goal yet. But the stunned mare had mentioned something about loosing this power she had. She seemed stunned. Entranced in a different world, frozen as if she couldn't move. A distant look was placed upon her face...no, a weary look, and if she weren't some stranger, Storm would have walked up and consoled her with all her sympathy. But not wanting to scare the dazed lady, she kept her distance. "So you mean you lost them...but how?" She urged on, wanting to get to the bottom of the ordeal.

All of a sudden a silent stallion had appeared with a curt grunt. He didn't seem menacing, (of course no matter how tall he was, he wouldn't intimidate feisty Storm), but his rigid presence was beginning to become obnoxious, hearing as the other mare said something. "Ya gonna stand there all day?" Her tone was irritated, but yet playful in a way. Flashing a flirtatious smile, she focused her attention back on the troubled mare. Now taking it as her turn for the introductions, the feisty lass spoke. "The name's Storm", friendly but wild, a smirk appeared waiting for Mr.Statue to open his mouth and speak.

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
I'm far away from where I need to be and my ice and snow have left me, is the first thing you hear and you raise one brow in quizzical intrigue. You notice that the other recruiter shares similar confusion, once again letting her take the lead as she asks the questions. For now you are nothing but a bay colored wall, a muddy mansion of a horse that doesn't give one care about his appearance.

Of course by now the newcomer has noticed your silence and commented on it. Well you're talkative. Of course. At least you're not barraging her with questions like the gray mare is. You grunt again. “Oxy,” you offer finally in a low, grumbling tone, a response to her own name. You're not usually one to give it away but you're trying to keep up on this whole thing and well... you're stepping outside of your comfort zone. For yourself. For the herd, even. The Asylum.

As for their own names, you store them in some weird vault in the back of your head that you don't exactly have the key to. Names come and go for you, horses more often being called by some trait that sticks out about them in your mind. It's a habit that many of the Asylum members have. Must be a trait of crazies then. For instance, you think you'd rather call Elsa Porcelain, what, with her perfect skin and all.

You choose to the ignore the stormy woman and instead focus yourself on the Porcelain doll. “My home specializes in helping the....” you pause. You've never found it very useful to introduce the Asylum as a home for crazies and the mentally incapacitated. You search your brain for a new word. “Troubled.” You hope the look you give her suggests that she come with you. Perhaps it does, but perhaps it only looks like you're high. Who knows. Your offer has been made as well as you can make it.
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Elsa looked at the mare, Storm. She had asked how she had lost them. It was kind of a pointless question to ask, because if she knew how she lost them, she could probably get them back, which looked like it wasn't going to happen anytime soon. She just shrugged, continuing to answer her anyway. "I'm not quite sure. I just ended up here. It felt like I hit a wall, and then it was gone." There was really nothing else she could think of that could've happened. They were in superb condition before she entered this forest. Looks like she was starting from the bottom again.

She looked then to the shire, who had finally talked. Oxy. Quite a unique name... not exactly one she considered "normal". Not that hers was any better. She listened to his short, and vague introduction. It wasn't exactly the greatest recruitment line ever. She went out on diplomatic runs with her mother and father when she was younger, and they were much more eloquent and detailed. However, the vagueness intrigued her. Although, she didn't exactly have any troubles besides her magics that she knew of. This might get interesting though.

Elsa looked from Storm, then to Oxy again. Storm was nice, and she seemed to care, but Elsa really needed to get to some type of group. She could tell that winter was upon them, and without her powers, she wasn't quite sure she could survive on her own. "Oxy, if you wouldn't mind, may I meet this group? If they don't want me, or you, or whomever is in charge there, i'll be sure to take my leave." She said, voice smooth and calm now. No anger or nervousness was left. She then turned to Storm. "Storm, it was wonderful to meet you. Hopefully we can meet up sometime during my exploration of this land. Maybe have a conversation over these powers that you seem to know exist in this place." She hoped that the mare knew something, because she knew powers existed, so it had to come from some place.