the Rift

A Mysterious Sound {{ OPEN }}

Silver Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The young mare, a mere 3 years old, stared at her reflection in the shimmering water. The moonlight reflected off the water into her eyes, leaving a lighter tint in her dark blue eyes. She only saw herself as ugly, but others found her rather beautiful. The cherry bay mare in the reflection stared into her soul. An upside down heart shaped white mark on her forehead distracted her for a second. This is the first time she's noticed it; has it always been there?

She shrugged it off and looked up, her mane and forelock falling out of the way of her vision. She shaked her head and let out a sorrowful whinny. She was all alone - and would possibly always be. She suppressed a small sigh and walked away from the stream into the woods. The feathers in her mane brushed against her ear, causing a shiver to run through her body as she had forgotten that they were there. Their silver color with a black outline made the two feathers look beautiful. They reminded her of her mother, as she had received them long ago soon after her mother's death. The feathers is the reason she calls herself Silver, because of their silver color reminding her of the loss of her mother.

She quickly pushed the thought away with a shake of her head and picked up a trot as she passed through the woods. The wind picked up and blew through her fur, sending a chill through her body. However, it was a nice chill. It wasn't too cold, yet not close to warm either. It was perfect for her. She continued on for some time until she stopped at a fallen tree. Looking around, she noticed some apples laying on the ground and an apple tree. A grumble arose in her stomach, leading her to the temptation of eating the apples.

Silver questioned herself on whether she should eat them or move on and eat later, but she gave in and picked up an apple and munched on it. The juice spilled out of the apple as she sunk her teeth into it and filled her mouth with the sweet taste. She ate about four before she heard a faint rustle in the leaves nearby. Her body tensed and she looked up. She pricked her ears and looked around, searching for any sign of a predator or even others of her kind. Her nostrils flared as she scented the air. She couldn't find proof of anyone being near, but she felt their presence. She questioned herself, is this just my mind playing tricks on me? No. It couldn't be. She took a deep breath to calm herself and bravely began walking towards the direction of the noise.

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
The serene moonlight cast its light upon a small body of water, making it shimmer with beauty. Arrane yearned for the sunlight again, but he didn't mind pitch black night when the glow of the moon illuminated his path. After a period submerged in darkness, the white stallion never thought the light of day would shine again, for even the moon had vanished. With an amused snort, and a curt flip of his head, he rid himself of his bothersome mane that obscured his eyes.

A feminine, yet desolate whinny rang into the still night time, drawing curiosity from the lone stallion. Cyan eyes scanned the area, noting powerful sadness and loneliness in her voice. It made the lad's heart ache with sorrowful pain, as he urged himself forwards to where the mare called out. As he quietly arrived to the spot where he had heard the solitary lass call out, he spotted no one, yet caught trace of her scent. Eager to find out who was so distressed, he followed the smell, hearing the faint foot steps of another.

Interest made his ears prick forwards as he tried to approach, making the leaves rustle. The eating fae tensed with wariness, her elegant head shooting up. Arrane noticed that she was an Arabian horse, like him, with similiar colored eyes. A friendly smile appeared on his maw, as she approached him. Speaking first, his masculine tones were laced with kindness. "Hello. I heard your call, and you sounded lonely", sympathetic, the stallion showed himself as he gallantly appeared from shadows. "I am Arrane, from the Foothills. What brings you out here?" His question was sincere, and he stood silent after those few sentences, awaiting her reply.

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark

Colt had been wandering, as she was oft to do, particularly in this region which afforded so many doe-eyed fawns for her to scoop up and carry home. And yet I go home empty each time... she thought with a grimace. Even so she remained in a bright mood this day, encouraged by the crisp weather that seemed to nip her bones back to vitality. With each stride there came a pop to her step, as though she were attempting to pass her hooves over air and not decaying plant matter.

The air is not where she belonged though. None of them belonged there.

A voice carried over the wood halls as she swept past, a pause lingering in her step which threw her mane in disheveled fashion against her neck, the dark meshing with the dark. Both ears flicked to the side, picking up on Foothills which instantly piqued her attention. In a fluid, though mechanical manner, Colt's head turned to the side, eyes sliding like snakes through the forest, comfortable and direct. The sterling glinted and she turned, pivoting cleanly on the roundness of her rump, shoving off with an effortless coil of muscle that stirred the leaf litter only slightly.

Dark legs pulled her through the shade, her pale torso seemingly floating like some phantom, though she was all too real. Curious but cautious, she crept from bough to bough, her head sliding beneath the prickling fingers of the trees that would barr her path and tangle her mane. She needn't go far though, as she knew - the woods did not carry voices with so many trees to muffle the sound. Before long her glittering gaze spotted them through the thickets, a brightness settling in when she noticed both were normal.

Putting on her smile she stepped into view. "Good day brethren."

SETTING MY SIGHTS ON YOU

[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Unregistered

Her muscles tensed as the two horses approached her. She noticed that one was an Arabian like her. Both were well muscled and looked as if they could easily be a warrior. Her black forelock fell over her eyes, causing her to shake it away.

She looked at both of them then responded to the two of them with a somewhat quiet voice, "Hello." She felt a wave of nervousness instantly pass through her, causing her muscles to tense even more. She shifted her weight and looked at the ground for a second, avoiding their gaze.

Her heart began to pump harder from her nervousness. She repeated to herself in her head, it's fine. They won't hurt you. She only wished that she had the ability to believe it, but her trust issues get in the way of everything.

The woods seemed to be darker than they were before. Maybe it was just her? Or was it really? She didn't know.

She looked towards the first horse, of which was named Arrane for a few seconds. Then she responded, "Yeah, I guess I am lonely. All my family is gone and I don't have any friends anymore, so I am just by myself. " She let out a soft sigh, thinking about her past. She shook her head slightly and continued, "Anyways, I am Silver. I am delighted to meet you. Nothing in particular has brought me here, really I am just looking for a second chance. A chance to find something new and find who I really am."

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
Another voice rang out not far where the friendly stallion was standing. Colt, his herd mate appeared out of the shadowed trees. A smile played upon his maw as he looked at the Foothills mare, remembering her from the herd meeting. Even though they shared different views on certain topics, he still cared for her, since everyone in the Foothills were brethren. Arrane held no grudge against the pale mare, hearing a kind voice float through the air. "Good day, Colt", addressing her with a respectful nod, he averted his vision back to the Arabian mare.

"Hello, Miss", confident tones lingered out as a warm smile appeared upon his maw. The bay mare seemed to be a nervous one, glancing at them with shifty eyes. Taking a small step back, the stallion wanted to prove he was not a threat. "You seem tired, and scared..I came to you to offer you a home within the Foothills, where my brethren and I stay," sympathetic tones and warm eyes glanced at the mare as she stepped closer to him. "Colt", averting cyan orbs to the brindle, and continuing "is part of the Foothills. She is my herd mate", he said kindly, looking back to the bay lady.

The past seemed to bother the mare, and he offered another supportive smile. He could relate, and understand. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Silver...", taking a pause, he listened on to what she had to say. "We can give you a second chance, to discover who you really are.", his voice lowered as he looked at Silver.

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark

The girl was wound up tight. Colt wondered if the thin skin she wore would be enough to restrain the bundle of nerves for much longer. Would she split at the seams before long and come spilling out with a scream and a wash of blood? A shame, Colt thought, sniffing as she drew to a halt near the two. As interesting as that would be to see, Colt tread cautiously - she wanted this one alive, and strong.

The girl found her voice after a moment, causing the dark head Colt bore to tilt to the side with interest. Alone, a word Colt knew all too well. One could argue she'd never felt the cold shawl of loneliness since her father had always been at her side, or better said, towering over her. She would laugh at whoever said that though, as Colt never felt more alone than when she was with him.
All he could be proud of was his dick.

Arrane's words rung in Colt's mind, pulling her from the torment of herself. She shook, as though to rid the dust of her hide, when in truth it was a need to chase away her demons. Too bad they always came back, just like dust.

The stallion surprised her by using her name. Colt's head twisted around, steel gaze holding him steady for a moment, scrutinizing. Who was he? She could not recall, his name only dully drifting in her memory from this meeting. She tore her eyes away, stamping out her curiosity with a twitch of her foreleg. It didn't matter, he knew her name and that was what she'd wanted when she spoke up those days before.

Instead Colt returned her attention to lonely bay, the reason she was here after all. Arrane was good at weaving honeyed words to calm her tremors, but Colt wanted to reach even deeper into the heart of the mare. She put on her smile again, fighting with her voice to make it sweeter than the cold clang of a gun hitting the ground that it usually was. "I already know who you are," Colt murmured, her head tilting the other way to view Silver. "We are family, sister." Colt's smile only grew, her tail flicking idly at her back as if this were all a simple revelation, which for her it was. Where lying was a difficult game she played on a daily basis, this was simple truth for the brindle gunslinger. That Silver lacked horn and hooves automatically made her family, one Colt would fight for.

"And there are more waiting for you here," Colt stepped forward, her muzzle reaching out like a hand towards Silver. Grab and let's go, you'll never be alone again...
"Won't you come and meet them?"

SETTING MY SIGHTS ON YOU

[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Unregistered

As the stallion, Arrane, stepped back she felt less nervous and her muscles relaxed slightly. Silver glanced up as slivers of the moon began to show as a cloud moved out of the way. Little shards of light fell over the ground, giving the forest a more welcoming essence. She felt her heart beat slower as she gave herself a chance to relax. She still felt nervous- but way less than she did earlier.

She listened to their words. There is more family waiting for her? Impossible. No one would ever want her. She felt a motivation that was stronger than the doubt to go with them though, something that she couldn't fight away with ease.

She considered what could possibly happen if she went with. She could be killed, murdered, or even worse - torchered for the rest of her life. She winced at the thought. But then she imagined the wonders that could happen. She could find who she really is, be given a second chance, meet others of her kind, and more.

She sighed for a second as the thought. She felt a strong wave of courage pass through her as she let out the words, "I'll go with you." The words were some of the bravest things she has ever said, as she has never really had the courage to confront others, let alone go somewhere unknown with them. It felt amazing to have the courage to go with them, something that she has never felt before.

The thought, you won't be alone anymore, coursed through her mind. She felt happy, cheerful, ecstatic. Almost immediately all of her nervousness was gone, and she was ready to go with them. She pushed back the thoughts of what bad may come out of going with them.

She pushed her muzzle towards Colt's extended muzzle and breathed a breath of air into his as a friendly greeting. She was ready.

Faelon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
//do you want to start a thread in the Foothills? You can request a rank change first to an outcast or a Windtossed Foothills horse in order to reply to a thread outside of the threshold. :3