the Rift

[OPEN] Sky Daughter and Phantom Seeker

Cealestis Posts: 50
Hidden Falls Genetrix I atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 HH :: 11 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skýlos :: Pit Bull :: None Bunnie
He’d told me where to go and then had quickly departed.

I’d stayed for a few moments, watching the empty space where his mostly emaciated hind end had once been, the gentle swaying of the brush from his black frame passing through. That he had so quickly supplied me the answers I desired and then left me to myself was pleasant; it was reminiscent of the slave men of my abandoned life, fulfilling to the wicked devils that danced in each beat of my heart. I smiled softly to myself as I spread my wings and charge forward in the empty space of the clearing before me, shoulders rippling with the efforts to propel myself upwards.

I crested over the tree line with a glance to the Moon, her face benevolent and kind as it guided me south. My gaze was set below me, watching the steady and picturesque change in the types of trees that grew in the two separate forests; this one was much darker and far older, it would seem, or had been tainted by tragedies of long ago.

The trees are mostly all deep green and needled, densely clustered together and rising like massive giants into the sky. Keeping my gaze low, I searched each clearing for the pool that he’d agreed to meet me at, hopefully with his Phantom Seeker in tow; I am not sure how capable I will be of containing my poisonous blood if he arrives alone, without the guide he has promised.

I believe that we both know he is incapable of providing me such insight on his own, and he is weak in comparison to myself. I would likely do something I would come to deeply regret; such tarnishes on my new life cannot be allowed.

The description of the thing lingered in my mind, another flash of the dream that had brought me here; trusting that I had met the proper man in the proper area, however, I kept straight south, great wings beating to suspend my graceful frame in the heavens. It is only through such faith in my abilities that I have progressed or grown so powerful. I will not begin to doubt their truth now, even in the absence of new visions – they have never been wrong.

I have replayed this particular dream thousands of times whilst I travelled alone, with only the throbbing of my heart for company. This red water is in my dream (though I am alone in the picture), and it is dead south of where I have met the inebriated stallion.

I just now realize that I do not even know his name. What a dismal failure that conversation had been.

Spying below me what I believe to be the pond in question, I circle downwards in search of the best spot of descent. It has been the only clearing in miles, the seemingly impenetrable forest unforgiving in her choice of landing sites, and it is the first I have seen that is actually large enough to allow one to meet the earth safely.

I have been wary of trees ever since the accident two years ago. I am loathe to experience such pain and subservience to one’s hooves again.

I come to earth with a nearly silent scuffle of split hooves and rivulets of pale blue mane and the tassels of my tail. The pool of crimson water sits smooth as glass in the distance, drawing me closer to examine what it is that has made the water such a hue.

It is not truly red, the water at least. The bottom of the natural basin is lined in rubies, and I gaze upon their opulence with a soft smile that can only be found on women while looking upon the gleaming, natural wonders of the world. What an unusual place, this Helovia, a land where the water grows from gemstones and there is a home for even the most smashed of drug users.

It is the sort of place that would make Inanna cringe – and I find that I quite enjoy that idea, perhaps a little too much.

Cealestis
@[Oxy] @[Circuta]

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
Ugh. Why'd the two Lesbians (the Not Lesbians if you ask the small, annoying pegasus) have to go and put you in charge? You mean, you asked for it and everything, but you don't really want to deal with the consequences of your actions. You kind of just want to do things and then let somebody else deal with the problems you cause. Yeah, you're irresponsible. Whatever. Nobody responsible ever became a warrior. If they were responsible they'd be doing something less self-damaging like thinking or crafting or healing or something. Nope. No matter how valiant their heart, no warrior was ever responsible.

But you guess you sucked it up long enough to do what you said you were going to do because now you're headed towards that stupid pool of water with the red gems and the Phantom Seeker is somewhere around nearby, doing whatever it is she does best. In particular, sneaking around until she's needed and then showing up with sugar lips to save the day. That's what you really need right- that sweet mouth of hers to weave a tale so enticing that it gets the somewhat annoying pegasus to join the Asylum. You've kind of gotten over the fact that you're not going to like anyone that joins. But as long as they respect you for what you are- a (sometimes) fearsome warrior, then you don't care and you'll stick around. At least there's always something funny going on, if you can call Histe amusing.

Anyways, so you're trying to find this stupid pool you found once before, since it's where you told the obnoxious Blue pegasus (you've said those words before about a different female) to land and you're a little confused, but apparently you eventually find your way. Hopefully the Phantom Seeker doesn't think you're too crazy for your kind circuitous route. As you come up to the edge of the lake you look around, not disappointed to find that she's made it here before you. Good. At least you won't have to wait.

“I brought our Phantom Seeker,” you say as you look at her, a little less hazy than before, but just the thought makes you reach into your bag and grab another one of your plants, the orb pressing uncomfortably against your nose. After swallowing, you continue, though this time words directed to the spectral unicorn you're certain is still following you. “This is...” More name troubles. “The mare that was looking for her sister.” That's probably good enough. Right?
we all look for ways to make the pain go away
- bg - table - manip -
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Circuta Posts: 100
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
Rhawon :: Siberian Tiger :: None aeolle
<style type="text/css"> .cir{ height:350px; width: 420px; background-color: #EAE8E6; opacity: 0.5; -moz-transition: all 0.9s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: all 0.9s ease-in-out; -o-transition: all 0.9s ease-in-out; }.cir:hover { opacity: 0.1 }</style>
"Lead me to her."
Conscripted from the gloom of the coppice by a Plaguebearer with the promises of fresh meat - rejoicing in the absence of the screams within her mind. It is a overwhelming distress, born from the coming storm upon sacred landscape and dearest comrade's and illusive lovers. She does not recall the last of time in which she has laid her dome to rest - does not recall when she has last dreamt of the glow of springtide. A incubus has seized - snatched as a thief in the midst of the night her motherland with plague and daemon. A consistent hymn within her mind, a mantra of lyrics and song and weaving words - Allgemeine.

A pause, beat, ba-dump and the frantic organ inside her chest tries to flee from stinging glass encased around a shell of metal. You promised me.

Advance is brought forth to a claret infused pool and a cerulean and pallid seraph— consumed with fatigue as images swim before a unfocused glaze of obscure violence, as dazzling as the first droplets of spring in the emptiness of wintertide.
She scrutinizes the seraph with a keen aura of praise, a knowledge tittering in the back of her mind that she must congratulate the Plaguebearer for bringing such fine melodies to the doorstep of a temporary resting place. Another breath. Another downfall to one whom I do not know.
Dim whispers within a defective cranium - introductions given and introductions to learn and why does she care?
There is appetite and passion dancing amidst swells of the brine, waltzing among the endless waves, and she remembers pearl and cream and the frosted twist of the skies in winter. Why aren't you at my side now?
He was to be her brother in shield, she the clockwork of a fine tuned machinery of vengeance and carnage, a King from a long-forgotten Kingdom and a peasant from the lowest lines of a collapsed civilization. Her mother had signaled the first forewarning shadow - a tossed and gutted doll before the accursed chide of Morndis.
I trusted you.

The astringent taste in the back of her maw tells her that's why she did not march into dominion with nightshade woven into bouncing locks. A dip of the dome in robotic automation - she has closed a damnable soul from view - and a soft respire to sing more weaving lyrics into existence. There is too much caliginosity.
They are not drawn forth from peril - exposed as one's wounds open forth a passage into the veins. I cannot help you now. It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, childe of the skies."

One breath, two, keep going.
"You seek for your kin? I shall be more then glad to assist you in this endeavor." There are goosebumps forming upon clammy flesh. "We are not freed from menace here, however, my dove. I would welcome you into our ranks - a soldier, a emissary. Whatever your heart does desire - and yet, my Kingdom is not free from wraith. It is with haste that we flee into the caverns - journey with me, and we shall be far from the wretched disease that has taken hold of our land - Helovia."

She allows time to pass - trembling upon cold fingers gripping a metallic soul - and then she is weaving, dancing, a beacon of light in a barren universe. I will keep you safe from harm.
She must - even if it shall take her life with her into the underworld below.
"Come."

@[Oxy] @[Illynx]
Circuta is bringing both to the Sanctuary in order to protect them from the coming darkness. She will talk with Cealestis more then! (I'm sorry I've taken so late and this is such a terrible thread - I haven't managed to work up much muse with Circuta for a while!)
power & control
i'm gonna make you fall

Credits
AHMEDBAKIR : VENOMXBABY : GALAXIESANDDUST : SALSOLASTOCK</style>

Cause she's a Cruel Mistress
And a bargain must be made

Cealestis Posts: 50
Hidden Falls Genetrix I atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 HH :: 11 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skýlos :: Pit Bull :: None Bunnie
I hear their arrival, a terse rustling of leaves that counter each other, alluding to the presence of two rather than one. My ears are raised and eyes inquisitive as the drug user and his Phantom Seeker appear from the tree line, the faint glimmer of interest that has burned in the depths of my gaze fading as I realize that the woman is also of unicorn heritage. Perhaps I should have assumed as much; it would be fate’s way to force me into such uncomfortable conversations with such ugly creatures.

Emotionless, I watch their approach from my position alongside the pool, tucking my wings in close to my sides as they near. The emaciated stallion speaks first, introducing the Seeker as he twists his mouth around to swallow more of his chosen poison, and I cannot help but feel a flicker of disgust wrap its way around my lips, tugged downwards by the sight of such idiocy.

Not lingering on this, however, his next words remind me once again of our failures in the Threshold. Mostly my fault, I’m sure, as I’ve been less than amiable, but also his own for being so heavily addicted to the substance that has stained his teeth and lips. Its hard to talk to a moron for any intelligent woman – and I am a princess.

In Elysia, he would have already been culled from their ranks, if not by the prestigious women of the land, then the slaves themselves, for fear of punishment for his ineptitudes.

Of course, in Elysia, his substance problem would not be of his doing.

"Cealestis," I say to him, blank blue eyes observing his face with a lack of care or concern. It is truly for both of them, this name, but mostly to give the stoned stag something to call me – the other woman, it seems, knows me well enough on site to name me as I am. Skyborne, daughter of clouds, and I nod to her in appreciation of her more astute social skills.

The conversation goes well enough in the direction I would like it to at first, the woman agreeing to assist in my quest for family, though I am lured into a ponderous wondering by her next statements.

Wraiths? Wretched disease?

She gestures, almost, in some distant direction; the wicked nature of whatever she speaks evident in the nervous way in which she carries herself. "I seek understanding," is all I can say, answering the question tied into the loops of all her words, not knowing how else to respond to this danger other than to take a tentative step in the direction she has suggested, "though I am capable of a fight. I prefer to remain above the squabble of animals, however."

Altering my angle and preparing to head out towards these illusive tunnels, I tuck my wings hard against my sides as cloven hooves traipse across the leaf strewn earth, limbs reflecting the red glow of the water before the giant tree. "But we should walk as we converse. Tell me more of these… wraiths."

And so, my journey alongside Phantom Seeker and Belligerently High begins, though I am loathe to remain so confined to the ground when the skies beckon broad and open above me.

Cealestis